Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge (11333 Views)

Caption This Straight Face Of The New Chief Of Defence Intelligence. Photos / Meet The New Chief-Of-Staff, Hamid Ibrahim-Alli / DSS Appoints Mani As New Chief Security Officer For President-elect, Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by ebolablast: 8:17am On Aug 21, 2014
kkk
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by JuanDeDios: 8:20am On Aug 21, 2014
Anybody knows her full name? Didn't see it in the article.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Jarus(m): 8:28am On Aug 21, 2014
ayusco85:

It has now turn to Family business. Turn. Y turn. U can only find that in APC state undecided

Smh.

Is this a political appointment?

Does being a sister to the outgoing disqualify one from being the CJ if one is the next most senior Judge?

When the sisters enrolled for Law degree more than 40 years ago and rose through the ranks, was it APC that advised them to do?

I'm a qualified accountant and member of ICAN, my elder brother is also a member. Does that mean we cannot rise to become ICAN president independently? So it he becomes in the future, and I succeed him, has ICAN turned into a family affairs?

Smh for the ignorance here.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:28am On Aug 21, 2014
Chief Judge ke? Thief George ni? Mtchww!

#Bunchesofjanjaweeds!
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2014
ayusco85:

It has now turn to Family business. Turn. Y turn. U can only find that in APC state undecided
Follow history bro, she's the next in line https://www.nairaland.com/974452/strange-true-new-lagos-cj
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2014
Jarus:

Smh.

Does being a sister to the outgoing disqualify one from being the CJ is one is the next most senior Judge?

When the sisters enrolled for Law degree more than 40 years ago and rose through the ranks, was it APC that advised them to do?
Don't mind them, they believe everything is political.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by sparkleboy(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2014
The bench has always been family business. But no big deal if all protocols and procedures were duly observed in the selection process.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by elohorayodele: 8:33am On Aug 21, 2014
ayusco85:

Noo, CJ position is strictly by seniority, all other judges btw them have either retired or have been called up to higher courts.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by segradino(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2014
Na family Business now?

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d best data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by mapet: 8:36am On Aug 21, 2014
Bros,
Stop hating..... I hope you're in school or went to one. If not better face your Jamb studies and get a good University Education. Then you can be in a position to be considered for posts. Rather you're hating. Why not direct yourcomplaint to the NJC that recommended to the Governor.......

The hierarchical order as favored in the Legal profession was followed. We all knew she was next in line when her sister was sworn in back then
Jarus:

Smh.

Does being a sister to the outgoing disqualify one from being the CJ is one is the next most senior Judge?

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Elijah78: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2014
please friends kindly advice, if i can no longer make comments in the religious section, does it means that i have been blocked or what?
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by fkaz(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2014
ayusco85:

Ewu, try to read and comprehend. When did national judicial council who recommend her for appointment as cj of lagos state become APC supporter?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by naptu2: 8:44am On Aug 21, 2014
Their father, Justice James Williams, was a Judge of the Lagos High Court.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by priscaoge(f): 8:52am On Aug 21, 2014
Who's next?
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by iswallker(m): 9:01am On Aug 21, 2014
lat4real: Congrats to her...

In other news, God don do am for me this morning... I am FTC cheesy grin
Are you doubting check the first comment grin

nut case... undecided
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by iswallker(m): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2014
Jarus:

Smh.

Does being a sister to the outgoing disqualify one from being the CJ if one is the next most senior Judge?

I'm a qualified accountant and member of ICAN, my elder brother is also a member. Does that mean we cannot rise to become ICAN president independently? So it he becomes in the future, and I succeed him, has ICAN turned into a family affairs?

Smh for the ignorance here.

dont mind them...Hilary Clinton will soon be US president...
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 21, 2014
congrats
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by AZeD1(m): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2014
mapet: Bros,
Stop hating..... I hope you're in school or went to one. If not better face your Jamb studies and get a good University Education. Then you can be in a position to be considered for posts. Rather you're hating. Why not direct yourcomplaint to the NJC that recommended to the Governor.......

The hierarchical order as favored in the Legal profession was followed. We all knew she was next in line when her sister was sworn in back then
Did you read the post you quoted?
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 21, 2014
lat4real: Family business continue... Congrat to her.
In other news, I'm first to comment cheesy grin
“Our Chief Judge designate has indeed been strongly recommended by the National Judicial Council and enthusiastically appointed by His Excellency, the Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN. Her Ladyship’s appointment has also been reviewed, found worthy and confirmed by the Lagos State House of Assembly.”

The NJC is an Independent Body at The Federal level which is Headed by the Chief Jistice of The Federation (An Appointee of The FG)... Ar you saying that the NJC is under APC's Control? Please get enlightenment before embarrassing yourself.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 21, 2014
AZeD1:
Did you read the post you quoted?

I don't think he did, or maybe he was confused because all the sentences were questions.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by davidif: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2014
Interesting!
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by CharlesPhc: 9:18am On Aug 21, 2014
Luvlydevin:

The 62-year-old Atilade, who was the state’s Head Judge until her new appointment, will for the next three years oversee the administration of the Lagos State judiciary.

Please what position is the state's Head Judge? Was she acting as the head of the judiciary before this time? if she is currently the most senior judge of the state High Court then it certainly wasn't a family affair. Meanwhile, the State Judicial Council which the out-going CJ heads sent nominees to the NJC. NJC in turn recommended to the Governor who sent to the Assembly for confirmation.

Gov. Amaechi of Rivers State should learn from Gov. Fashola how not to play politics of sentiment with judicial appointees...!!! Its based on hierarchy not 'its his brother or sister' affair...!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Exponental(m): 9:22am On Aug 21, 2014
Shame to the men who refused to send their daughters to school.
....SssHhhAaaMmmmmmEee!!.......
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Jay2014: 9:25am On Aug 21, 2014
congrat cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Uchwilliam(m): 9:25am On Aug 21, 2014
I hope its nt political..apc watch it this can be pdp political strategy.a word is enof 4 d wise
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by chloride6: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2014
mapet: Bros,

Why are you shooting your self in the leg?

Jarus's opinion and yours are in perfect alignment

So quick to pick the sword

You can't even differentiate friend from foe.

See pesin wey dey talk say make anoda pesin go get university education.

Seems you need the same education more.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Vado(m): 9:28am On Aug 21, 2014
So what? undecided . If she is qualified & next in line, then she earned her place.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by anonimi: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2014
lat4real: Family business continue... Congrat to her.

You mean like everything going on in Thief'nubu estate aka Lagos state

- Wife is SINator.
- Daughter is Iyaloja
- Son in law is representaTHIEF

Eko don spoil finish with plenty corruption, na IGR nor let us sabi shocked
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by anonimi: 9:33am On Aug 21, 2014
barcanista: “Our Chief Judge designate has indeed been strongly recommended by the National Judicial Council and enthusiastically appointed by His Excellency, the Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN. Her Ladyship’s appointment has also been reviewed, found worthy and confirmed by the Lagos State House of Assembly.”

The NJC is an Independent Body at The Federal level which is Headed by the Chief Jistice of The Federation (An Appointee of The FG)... Ar you saying that the NJC is under APC's Control? Please get enlightenment before embarrassing yourself.

So you know that the judiciary is INDEPENDENT yet you go dey do cry cry baby about the trial and (non)conviction of corrupt cases shocked
Chain, what manner of HYPOCRISY
Ol'boy try and free yourself from this mental slavery, abeg angry
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2014
Who the f#ck cares !!
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=dridowu][/quote] fool
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 21, 2014
englishmart: does it look like you are chatting on 2go?unnecessary yawnings give rise to ebola. So bewarenow shut up if you know likes don't increase your bank accountif these comments are all you had to say, then you've all said nothing!
fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Don't Belong To The Biafrans! A South/south Voices Out. / Melaye Calls For Election Boycott By Opposition / Fela Durotoye Is A.n.n Presidential Candidate Not Olawepo Gbenga Hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.