Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,729 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (591089 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
Guitarlife:
Good day every one, please I need some clarifications regarding this ielts.

Consudering the 2 modes of payment,

1. if I pay with my atm card, will I need to take any doc to the british council prior to the date of writing the exams ?

2. If I pay via bank draft, will I be required to physically visit the british council prior to the date of writing the exams ?

Am asking these questions cos I have a very busy schedule and I will prefer to go with the option that will not take much of my time.

Many thanks.
Pls I need clarification on this area O.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by SomebodyLovesMe: 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
Guitarlife - If you pay with your atm card, you do not need to visit the British Council before your test date.

If you pay via bank draft, then you need to take the bank draft physically to the British Council along with a copy of the passport you registered with and a printout of the confirmation email you received after registering.

Bank drafts should be payable to: British Council
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2015
Hi all!
My result for 24th October Academic module,just came out.
L-7
R-7
W-6.5
S-8.5
OV-7.5

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Mezzy11: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hi @debbiejosh, Which state did u write? Congrats anyway
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mezzy11:
Hi @debbiejosh, Which state did u write? Congrats anyway

Lagos
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chupcake(m): 4:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
I got an email that my results have been delayed for quality control purposes. Does any one know what that means? Hope they won't mess the whole thing up.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kksamm: 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
debbiejosh:
Hi all!
L-7
R-7
W-6.5
S-8.5
OV-7.5

Congratulations. Please kindly send any electronic/ soft copy of the materials you used to my email..
kunleoladipo1@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kksamm: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Dear all,
Please, kindly send any electronic/ soft copy of the materials useful for the test to my email..
kunleoladipo1@gmail.com

Many thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by medoyin(m): 6:09am On Nov 09, 2015
debbiejosh:
Hi all!
L-7
R-7
W-6.5
S-8.5
OV-7.5

Congrats and kindly share your experience for this good score. Which study materials did you use? You can forward a copy to doyinoui@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by medoyin(m): 6:17am On Nov 09, 2015
Chilops

Read through asap.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by medoyin(m): 6:21am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by medoyin(m): 6:24am On Nov 09, 2015
fizzile:
FOR THOSE WHO NEED TIPS IN THE IELTS SPEAKING TEST: IELTS Speaking Test: Key Facts
Duration: Between 11 and 14 minutes.
Participants: Candidates interviewed individually.
The test is recorded.
Format: The test consists of three parts.
Part 1 (Interview)
Part 1 of the IELTS Speaking test lasts between 4 and
5 minutes. The examiner will ask some simple
'getting-to-know-you' questions which will help the
examiner find out a little about you and help put
you at ease. These will be general questions such as
about your family, your studies, where you come
from or what your interests are.
Example Questions
Q: Where are you from?
Q: Why are you studying English?
Q: Have you visited any English speaking countries?
Q: Do you play any sports?
Tips!
Giving full, relevant answers to the examiner's
questions will help get the interview off to a good
start.
1) Avoid giving short, uncommunicative replies.
Q: Where are you from?
A: I'm from Hoorn in the Netherlands. (Don't stop
there!) It's about 35 kilometers north of Amsterdam.
It's a modern city but with a lot of history and a
lovely place to live.
2) Avoid short, 'yes', 'no' answers to closed
questions. (These are questions beginning 'Have you
...', 'Do you ...', 'Is it ...' etc which can be answered
simply with a yes or no answer).
Q: Have you visited any English speaking countries?
A: Yes. (Don't stop there!) I went to England last year
and spent two weeks seeing the sights. A couple of
years ago I went to New York with my parents and
had a great time.
Q: Do you play any sports?
A: No. (Don't stop there!) I'm not really interested in
playing sports. I like watching sport on TV and I
really enjoyed keeping up with the Olympics
recently.
3) Offer examples to help you explain a statement.
Q: Why are you preparing for the IELTS exam?
A: Because I need it for my studies. (Don't stop
there!) I've been offered a place at a university in
England to study on an MBA but I need to show my
level of English is good enough.
Part 2 (Long Turn)
Part 2 of the IELTS Speaking test lasts between 3 and
4 minutes (including 1 minute preparation time). The
examiner gives you a task card and you have to
speak about the subject without interruption for
between 1 and 2 minutes.
Example Task
Example 1) Describe a place you have visited that
you have fond memories of.
You should say:
where this was
why you went there
what you did there
and what it was about the place that makes it so
memorable.
Example 2) Describe your favourite personal
possession.
You should say:
what this possession is
when you first got it
when you use it
and why it's so important to you.
Tips!
1. Use your 1 minute preparation time wisely and
make notes of the points you'd like to make.
2. The question will help you with the structure of
your talk. The introduction can include the item itself
and maybe a brief description. The main body of
your talk could describe the situation when you
acquired the object and go on to explain when you
use it. You can then end with an explanation of why
the object is so important.
3. Try to avoid giving a very dry, unimaginative
introduction such as ' The object I'm going to
describe is ....'. Get your talk off to a memorable
start with something on the lines of: 'If I was about
to lose everything and could only save one thing it
would be my ... ', or 'I've got several things that mean
a lot to me but the one that really stands out is my
... '
4. If you're concerned about not having enough to
talk about for 1 to 2 minutes or running out of time
before you've finished, the answer is to practise as
often as possible. Time yourself and ask a friend for
feedback.
Part 3: (Two-Way Discussion)
In Part 3 of the test, which lasts between 3 to 4
minutes, the examiner will ask you questions linked
to the topic in Part 2.
Example Questions (Based on example topics in
Part 2 above)
Q: It is sometimes argued that local cultures are
being destroyed by tourism. Why do think people
might feel this?
Q: What benefits do people get from travelling to
other countries?
Q: Do you think people are becoming too
materialistic?
Q: To what extent are people's buying habits
affected by advertising?
Tips!
1. If you need time to collect your thoughts use
expressions (sparingly) like: ' That's a good
question.', 'Well, let me think ...'.
2. Don't forget to avoid short, 'yes', 'no' answers. Try
to offer examples to back up a statement.
3. Help make your contributions memorable. Try
explaining a point using a short, personal anecdote.
4. If the examiner asks a question that you don't
understand, take control of the situation with
questions such as those that appear below.
Responding like this will show evidence of your
communication skills.
A) If the examiner uses a word or phrase that you
don't understand, say something like:
"Sorry but could you explain what you mean by
........" or
"I haven't come across that word/expression before.
Could you explain what you mean?"
B) If you simply didn't hear something that was
asked, respond with:
"Excuse me, I didn't quite catch that. Could you say
that again?"
"I'm sorry, but would you mind repeating that?"
C) If you want to make sure you've understood what
the examiner has asked you could say:
"Do you mean ........"
"When you say ........, do you mean/are you asking
........?

God bless you..!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by medoyin(m): 6:27am On Nov 09, 2015
http://saifulislamsaaif..com/2014/01/cambridge-practice-tests-for-ielts-1-to.html?m=1

Or 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-ikaTdt2XnEY3ZmTGNUTzIxbVE&usp=sharing&tid=0B-ikaTdt2XnEXzhWLXJhYWR5OHM

Any of the two should work .it comprises of both Academic and General test all in pdf format plus the audio files for the speaking test and answers too.  
Goodluck with your preparation

Execellent study materials

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by medoyin(m): 6:32am On Nov 09, 2015
hardeorlah:
site for ielts practise test
WWW.goodluckielts.com
WWW.dcielts.com
WWW.ieltsbuddy.com
WWW.aceielts.com
WWW.ielts-mentor.com
WWW.ieltsessential.com
WWW.ipassielts.com
then this last site you can submit you can type and submit ur writing test both task 1 n 2 dey will mark it n give you a band score dis will help u know how well you r on track for d writing test d site is WWW.testbig.com
lastly don't forget d road to ielts site which is accessible few days after your payment have been confirmed.

hope did help. thanks

Digging deep
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by lusen(m): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2015
hello house. I registered for ielts last Friday. I have booked my space already in the 21st of November 2015. I couldn't pay online then because I had issues with my bank. so I choosed to pay later. now I want to pay for the test as I must pay fast so they won't cancel my registration. i will like if somebody here can put me tru and explain to me how I'm going to to about the payment. tanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2015

I thought you were suppose to pay through a bank draft and not teller. what I know is that you buy a bank draft from any branch go to their office with your passport and then they will give you a receipt which you will get a confirmation email few hours later. better call their office to know what's up.

to everyone emailing me for the practice IELTS book 9. I'm so sorry coz I'm having issues sending it. the file is too large for my phone and I'm out of the office through out this week. hopefully I will send it next week. please bare with me. thanks.
please send to drlonebe@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by learned0007: 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
lusen:
hello house. I registered for ielts last Friday. I have booked my space already in the 21st of November 2015. I couldn't pay online then because I had issues with my bank. so I choosed to pay later. now I want to pay for the test as I must pay fast so they won't cancel my registration. i will like if somebody here can put me tru and explain to me how I'm going to to about the payment. tanks.

Unfortunately, you cannot pay online again once you get past that page (without a successful payment)

Your best bet to complete that registration is payment using bank draft.

Go to any bank and pay for a bank draft for 40k in favour of "British Council". Take the receipt/teller from the bank to British Council office and make your payment.

Shortly after, your application status will be updated and confirmed.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
learned0007:

Unfortunately, you cannot pay online again once you get past that page (without a successful payment)

Go to any bank and pay for a bank draft for 40k in favour of "British Council". Take the receipt/teller from the bank to British Council office and make your payment.

It's the bank draft you'll take to British council o. Or has the system changed?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 3:15am On Nov 10, 2015
doctor90210:
Thanks Giov. Infact after doing extensive research in the last two days, I have discovered that my IELTS result is more than perfect for another purpose similar to what I initially intended to use it for, Just a different country. I just have to redirect my plans. I've been having serious doubts about U.K anyways. I think I'm gonna be fine.

What did you discover doctor?
Please help a colleague.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by learned0007: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
WhyNa:

It's the bank draft you'll take to British council o. Or has the system changed?

Yes WhyNa,

Its the Bank Draft you will take to British Council where you'll be given your receipts.

That was a mistake while typing.

Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
learned0007:

How will those not in Lagos contact the British council?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
Have the fees been increased to 52k?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
Just saw my result but not too impressed with it. I sat for the academic module on the 31st of October in Lagos
Listening: 6.5
Reading; 5.0
Writing: 7.0
Speaking 7.0
Total band-score; 6.5

Although 6.5 is the score the school im applying to requires buh I feel bad about my reading and wished i scored higher in the overall band score at least above the least requirement. But i still thank god in all things. Wish the intending test takers all the best.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by giztzone(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
FUTO JUST RELEASED Supplementary/DE Admission List is Now Online

Source==> http://scholars.com.ng/2015/11/futo-201516-first-supplementaryde-admission-list-is-now-online.html
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
Just got my result for the 24th of October In Lagos
R 9.0
L 9.0
S 7.5
W 6.5
OV 8.0

7 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by clerkkent: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
aishate:
Just got my result for the 24th of October In Lagos
R 9.0
L 9.0
S 7.5
W 6.5
OV 8.0

Pls was it Academics or General
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 2:23am On Nov 15, 2015
Please if the online payment is not successful, how do you submit the bank draft to British council for those not in Lagos?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DforD: 9:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Pls does anyone know if the Enugu centre is still used or if the test has been taken there recently? Pls what is(are) the test dates for IELTS Academic in Enugu in January or February 2016?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 10:00am On Nov 16, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

Guitarlife - If you pay with your atm card, you do not need to visit the British Council before your test date.

If you pay via bank draft, then you need to take the bank draft physically to the British Council along with a copy of the passport you registered with and a printout of the confirmation email you received after registering.

Bank drafts should be payable to: British Council

What of those out side Lagos state?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2015
Please who knows if there is British council office in Enugu or Delta state? My online payment was not successful and I am in Onitsha now.

CC: whyna
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
Please has anyone registered for a test scheduled for next year? How much was it?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by learned0007: 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
leo1234:

How will those not in Lagos contact the British council?

From their website, they seem to have offices only in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH.

As a result, I think you can only take your bank draft to any of these offices (although, personally I have not heard of anyone do it outside Lagos).

Since you are based out of Lagos, you can contact someone in Lagos to buy the bank draft and take to British Council office on your behalf, maybe with other docs such as photocopy of your passport datapage. (You do not have to make the payment yourself).

Hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.