Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,104 members, 7,818,300 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590793 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ema2nty: 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello guys. Has anyone who wrote on the 21st of November received the hard copy of their IELTS certificate?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dayoonline: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ema2nty:
Hello guys. Has anyone who wrote on the 21st of November received the hard copy of their IELTS certificate?
I have not received mine. Wrote in Ibadan.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dayoonline: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
theoophilic:
Not really feeling good. I didn't do my writing task 1 well... I did task 2 first, did it well but didn't v enough time left to do justice to task 1..... Hope I can stil make d point my school needs so
don't feel bad bro. Used biro for my task one and that threw me off balance cos of several mistakes I had to cancel coupled with bad organisation. Thought I was gonna fail the writing task woefully but was still able to hit 6.5 . I did as much as I could in task 2 though, to augment that part...

Listening: 8.5
Reading 7.5
Speaking 7.0
Writing 6.5

Overall: 7.5

Stay positive. Best of luck bro.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by oladunwo(m): 12:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
please pals , i just registered online for the exam to be written in Ibadan center next year January and have made my payment. my question is do i need to take any document to their office before the exam date or i should just go on the exam date with my receipt? thanks in anticipation
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dayoonline: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
oladunwo:
please pals , i just registered online for the exam to be written in Ibadan center next year January and have made my payment. my question is do i need to take any document to their office before the exam date or i should just go on the exam date with my receipt? thanks in anticipation

No, you don't have to. Just go along with your international passport and a printout of the confirmation email on the test day. Did in ibadan too
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by oladunwo(m): 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
thanks bro, how was the result any guideline?
dayoonline:

No, you're u don't have to. Just go along with your international passport and a printout of the confirmation email on the test day. Did in ibadan too
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dayoson0204(m): 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
oladunwo:
thanks bro, how was the result any guideline?

Sorry about the typo. Meant you don't have to.(not you're dont).

The result was fair enough. Just posted it...
Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Speaking 7
Writing 6.5
Overall 7.5

For me, I used YouTube tutorials and utilised the most suitable technique. You may do that too. There's no one way to it though. Just get used to the questions and approach them your way

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
doctor90210:
After passing PRES 1-3, you start applying for jobs online or through an agency. There are lots of jobs by the way (Senior House Officers post a.k.a non-Consultant Hospital Doctors). Interviews may be via Skype for some jobs, while for others, you may have to go there. When you get a job, your employer sends you a letter stating your employment type, duration of contract and income which you take to Irish embassy in Abuja to apply for your greencard.

Sometimes, the employer applies on your behalf.

Ok thanks doc. Why arent you trying Canada, US, etc.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by theoophilic: 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
dayoonline:
don't feel bad bro. Used biro for my task one and that threw me off balance cos of several mistakes I had to cancel coupled with bad organisation. Thought I was gonna fail the writing task woefully but was still able to hit 6.5 . I did as much as I could in task 2 though, to augment that part...

Listening: 8.5
Reading 7.5
Speaking 7.0
Writing 6.5

Overall: 7.5

Stay positive. Best of luck bro.

Thanks brotherman. Will share the result when I get it... I want to apply for Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship for Masters and they require at least 7.0 in all sections.... But as u v advised me, I ll stay positive and hope for the best. Thanks once again.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by doctor90210: 6:57am On Dec 11, 2015
Fortissimo:

Ok thanks doc. Why arent you trying Canada, US, etc.
If you want to actually practice medicine and not flipping burgers, driving taxi or working as security guard, stay away from Canada. The chances of getting a post after passing all their numerous & expensive exams is very slim. Canada is very selective when it comes to country/school where you obtained your primary medical qualification. Even many of the doctors who finished in the U.K have problems penetrating the Canadian health system after passing their exams. Its not impossible though!

The U.S, I think, is the best. You get a residency slot right from your first doctor job after the USMLEs and not locums and non-training jobs like the U.K. The exams aint cheap though and the process is not as easy and straightforward as the U.K. You may also encounter difficulties when it comes to immigration cos after passing the USMLEs and you don't have the appropriate visa/legal status to remain in the US, it may be difficult getting an employer who will be willing to sponsor you right from your country because. They have many people already in the U.S waiting to be matched. I know some guys who wrote USMLE steps 1 & 2CK, secured admission for masters in the U.S, complete the remaining steps & luckily got a slot before finishing their masters.

For the U.K after the PLABs, the sweet thing is when you get a job and don't have legal status in the U.K, your employer gives you a certificate of sponsorship which facilitates your emigration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dayoson0204(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2015
theoophilic:

Thanks brotherman. Will share the result when I get it... I want to apply for Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship for Masters and they require at least 7.0 in all sections.... But as u v advised me, I ll stay positive and hope for the best. Thanks once again.

Anytime bro. And don't forget there are myriads of other scholarships out there too. Goodluck.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
dayoson0204:

Anytime bro. And don't forget there are myriads of other scholarships out there too. Goodluck.

Pls share with the house
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by theoophilic: 5:42am On Dec 13, 2015
dayoson0204:

Yea. But that's the most stringent proficiency requirement v seen. So, if I make that, there wont be problem with the others. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by theoophilic: 5:50am On Dec 13, 2015
WhyNa:

Pls share with the house

I am currently applying for VLIR -UOS scholarship, Belgium; Amsterdam Excellence scholarship and Maastricht High Potential Scholarship in Netherlands; Masdar Scholarship, UAE; Erasmus Mundus and Commonwealth Shared Scholarship... As I see others, I can post it here if you don't mind... Am sure you know some others, please share too. I particularly desire to know about any fully funded masters Scholarship in Canada and US.... Preferably with no application fee or need to send hard copy of transcript /documents to them

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teekay213(m): 7:11am On Dec 14, 2015
Ema2nty:
Hello guys, has anyone here who wrote the IELTS test in lagos on the 21st of Nov in Lagos (National Theatre) received his/her result or been able to check online?
OMG!national theatre,na national theatre dem dey do exam now.british council no go kill person.during my time it was event centre but we were almost a thousand.God help us in this country,i think they are extorting us.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 14, 2015
teekay213:
OMG!national theatre,na national theatre dem dey do exam now.british council no go kill person.during my time it was event centre but we were almost a thousand.God help us in this country,i think they are extorting us.

What's up with national theatre?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by vivyval(f): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2015
Greetings guys! Anyone here wrote ielts in enugu on the 21st? Have you seen your results online?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teekay213(m): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
Fortissimo:

What's up with national theatre?
nothing!the number will have been much for using national theatre.what's your band score?reading always gives me problem,this is my third time of writing ielts.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2015
teekay213:
nothing!the number will have been much for using national theatre.what's your band score?reading always gives me problem,this is my third time of writing ielts.

Oh I see. They're making money o. I decided to write TOEFL jare. Have you tried the youtube tutorial videos?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teekay213(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
Fortissimo:

Oh I see. They're making money o. I decided to write TOEFL jare. Have you tried the youtube tutorial videos?
lot of times,i even have the cambridge materials with me.i wrote on 5th dec hoping it will be fine cos i didn't finish the reading.am also shock seeing people say they score 7.5,even 8.0 in reading.how manage?Does uk uni receive toefl?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
teekay213:
lot of times,i even have the cambridge materials with me.i wrote on 5th dec hoping it will be fine cos i didn't finish the reading.am also shock seeing people say they score 7.5,even 8.0 in reading.how manage?Does uk uni receive toefl?

I think some UK unis may accept toefl but not sure. I'm applying to USA. So what are you going to do? Maybe you check for a uni that doesn't need an english test.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by theoophilic: 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
Thank God

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 7:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
theoophilic:
Thank God

Congrats!
Please how did you check your result?
Mine keep saying no result found.
Did you take the test in Benin on 5th DEC?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ochosteve: 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
finally collect my result after waiting for a month. I was informed that if there is a difference of more than 1.5 between any of the parts, the result will be withdrawn for reassessment.
[color=#000099][/color]

ochosteve:
hello house
i wrote on 21st november in abuja and my results are as follows:

reading 8.5
listening 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 6.5
overall: 7.5

i tried checking it again online and was told 'no result found'
i will go to their office to collect my hard copy result

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ochosteve: 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
finally collected my result at british council office after waiting for a month. I was informed that if there is a difference of more than 1.5 between any of the parts, the result will be withdrawn for reassessment.
[color=#000099][/color]

ochosteve:
hello house
i wrote on 21st november in abuja and my results are as follows:

reading 8.5
listening 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 6.5
overall: 7.5

i tried checking it again online and was told 'no result found'
i will go to their office to collect my hard copy result
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochosteve:
finally collected my result at british council office after waiting for a month. I was informed that if there is a difference of more than 1.5 between any of the parts, the result will be withdrawn for reassessment.
[color=#000099][/color]

Please is the result for 5th DEC out?
Anybody that took the test in Benin?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ochosteve: 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
leo1234:

result for 5th december is out, i saw somebody collecting his own at british council office in abuja

Please is the result for 5th DEC out?
Anybody that took the test in Benin?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teekay213(m): 9:57am On Dec 19, 2015
hello peeps,i scored 6.0 overall.5.5 listening,6.0 reading,6.5 writing,6.0 speaking in the ielts.is the result okay for me to get admission to study accounting in uk university?and again my ssce result is 12 yrs old,is it still valid?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by teekay213(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2015
for your cambridge ielts text books.call 08038787333.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 19, 2015
teekay213:
for your cambridge ielts text books.call 08038787333.

oga that book is free.....!
give freely...

at all; download the book at SCRIBD
send a blank mail to: selfstudy360@gmail.com
any would work.

Learn to give things FREELY

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 19, 2015
theoophilic:

I am currently applying for VLIR -UOS scholarship, Belgium; Amsterdam Excellence scholarship and Maastricht High Potential Scholarship in Netherlands; Masdar Scholarship, UAE; Erasmus Mundus and Commonwealth Shared Scholarship... As I see others, I can post it here if you don't mind... Am sure you know some others, please share too. I particularly desire to know about any fully funded masters Scholarship in Canada and US.... Preferably with no application fee or need to send hard copy of transcript /documents to them

God bless you.

7EE69203
pls lets.......... talk
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2015
theoophilic:

God bless you.

7EE69203
pls lets.......... talk....BBM

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.