Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School (49699 Views)

Funny Ways Kids Are Taught In Schools(share Your Experience) / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today / Lies You Were Told About The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2014
If you were taught that the earth is flat while in skool and your reading dis post den Seun has to do something about it.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by holyboss: 11:03am On Aug 21, 2014
akpanikpe:
No, instead go and start school over again grin
shocked yal not nice O! U go xcort me
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Donkaz(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2014
technophile: 10. India 99 - 1 Nigeria
After India have beaten us 99 - 0, they now said if we can score just only 1 goal we have won the match. That was when Okparaji stepped in, as he was about to kick ball like this, the ball just turn into a big rock, but he managed to put the ball into the net sha and he collapsed. That's why FIFA banned India from playing football till today o.

exactly what i was made to believe!
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by stevSKY(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

[b][size=24pt]
H

E

L

P

ME WITH WHAT?! angry

STOP PISSING ME OFF GADDAMIT!!! angry [/size][/b]
...?=D)
.? .?*) .?*)
(.?(.?(.? =)) ?a?a?a?a?a! ..... :-)
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by room089: 11:10am On Aug 21, 2014
We were told fishes drink so much water, but in essence; it has been proved that they don't drink water.

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Karleb(m): 11:12am On Aug 21, 2014
stevSKY: ...?=D)
.? .?*) .?*)
(.?(.?(.? =)) ?a?a?a?a?a! ..... :-)

Do you know that you mumu pass the guy you quote? angry undecided

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Karleb(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2014
drlaykay: Animals breathe in oxygen while plants breathes in carbon(iv)oxide.
this is a pure lie as both plants and animals take in oxygen and breathe out carbon(iv)oxide though most plants are actually anaerobes.
this misconception came as a result of plants making use of carbon(iv)oxide during photosynthesis.

cool
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by babymillenium(f): 11:21am On Aug 21, 2014
Have you ever touched gas before @ idrismusty97
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2014
A western instituted educational system will always be bias to the west and promote what Kofi Awoonor terms Racist scholarship. That is why our educational system taught us in primary stage that Mungo Park discovered river Niger. Isolating the fact that decades before Mungo park sailed into Africa the river rine natives used the river for domestic and commercial purposes.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 21, 2014
Davijunson: Now I'm getting more confused. The same scientists dat told us der are five senses are now saying it's a lie..wch one are we to believe?

The ones he highlighted above belong to the spirit man inside all of us, I guess grin
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by kelvz419(m): 11:31am On Aug 21, 2014
believe me, alotta teachers didnt even know they were lies cheesy
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 21, 2014
kelvz419: believe me, alotta teachers didnt even know they were lies cheesy

That's because they weren't lies. When you teach based on the limited knowledge available in your time, that's no lie
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by DaBullIT(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2014
Technically

Those teachings are not lies , They said there were 9 planets , today more planets are being discovered by NASA's latest space probe telescopes . science and discovery is a continuous process , so the more scientists discover about us and earth , the more they share , but ask African ,especially Nigerian teachers and leaders to stop teaching us 1200 AD science , bring updated science into syllabus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Oketwin(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2014
I once taught some basic 8 pupil and they say der farmers teacher taught dem dat minus (-) minus (-) is plus and i was baffled
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by kelvz419(m): 11:43am On Aug 21, 2014
smurfy:

That's because they weren't lies. When you teach based on the limited knowledge available in your time, that's no lie
i guess, besides that was the same lies they where told..
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2014
Oketwin: I once taught some basic 8 pupil and they say der farmers teacher taught dem dat minus (-) minus (-) is plus and i was baffled

Adjust to the teacher's method, if it's not wrong. There are myriads of methods employed by different teachers in teaching (maths in particular). I think the teacher meant minus (-) times (x) minus (-) = plus (+). Teachers can say this in so many ways. As long as the students understand the concept, it's all well and good. If you come in with a different concept, then you get them confused. And you don't wanna do that, do you?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 21, 2014
kelvz419: i guess, besides that was the same lies they where told..

The scientists then didn't know what they know now. So, it wasn't a lie. People don't count you a liar if you say something based on your knowledge. Check this out...

Visitor: Where is your dad?
Boy: He's not in. Please wait for him
[Dad comes out of the bedroom minutes later...]
Visitor: Haha. I thought you said your dad wasn't in?
Boy: Oh. I'm sorry, sir. I thought he had gone out

It will be wrong to smack the boy... tongue
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Smartsyn(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2014
I was taught that we're the leaders of 2moro.. That was the biggest lie ever cause Buhari is still vying for president 27yrs on..

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by mahleeq(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2014
Davijunson: Now I'm getting more confused. The same scientists dat told us der are five senses are now saying it's a lie..wch one are we to believe?

for the senses thing its simple, the primary senses are five, but then there are secondary senses (what i call them)that utilize the primary ones. take for instance balance, it uses the sight and the earing

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by seankay(m): 11:58am On Aug 21, 2014
platz: I was thought that earth is spherical not flat thou
The earth is Ellipsoidal in shape

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Smartsyn: I was taught that we're the leaders of 2moro.. That was the biggest lie ever cause Buhari is still vying for president 27yrs on..

Largely because when you approach a young Nigerian to participate in politics,he either

1.Says that the political game is too corrupt....and retires to be an armchair critic.

2.Throws his hat into the ring...and when he loses....promptly says that ''They are all riggers and all corrupt'' and becomes an armchair critic.

3.Plays the sycophancy game....either for ruling party and opposition.....all the while looking for crumbs to chop.

4.Spends his day talking about how bad things are....and then votes for the same old same old on the better the ''devil'' you know principle.

5.Is acting as a political thug.

6.Most importantly.....does not have the patience to start a new political party.....or to do hard grassroot mobilisation work.Or he is afraid of the constant agony of losing time and time again....and takes the easy way out by ''joining the winning party....whichever one it may be''. Also,is too parochial to reach out beyond his village, tribe, region or religion to hook up with a diversity of people.

That is why the leaders of tomorrow may never rule....because most of them can't be bothered.They are their own worst enemy
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Idrismusty97(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
babymillenium: Have you ever touched gas before @ idrismusty97
Yes smiley.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by xtervaganza(m): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
technophile: 10. India 99 - 1 Nigeria
After India have beaten us 99 - 0, they now said if we can score just only 1 goal we have won the match. That was when Okparaji stepped in, as he was about to kick ball like this, the ball just turn into a big rock, but he managed to put the ball into the net sha and he collapsed. That's why FIFA banned India from playing football till today o.

hahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by xtervaganza(m): 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
#8 is one big bag of crap

I had chicken as a kid and I can confirm what u call a lie to be 10000000% true

If you touch any unhatched egg, the egg will get spoilt and won't be hatched

You can go try it by putting a mark on the touched egg and see if it will hatch
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Hydronium(m): 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
These aren't lies, these are Untruths...
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by stevSKY(m): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
Karleb:

Do you know that you mumu pass the guy you quote? angry undecided

You jst sound like one of those teachers that lie to their students.
Which Government Sch you dey teach?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by ewizard1: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
@Seun needs to come see these Madcow and StevSky madness. These guys need a 3month Ban each!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
There are only basic five senses. Every other thing is base on these five.

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by harrysterol(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
LordReed:

Yes it is. Read this and pay attention to the references to scientific studies and books quoted.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_matter
I must eat my lunch first grin so my eyes will be clear......but first my teacher dint lie because when my teacher was teaching me that aspect, it ws nt scientifically proven or written in does books..i finished school 1721BC shocked cheesy
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Davidifeanyi: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Interesting shall.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by fajani(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Is it not 9 planets we have?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Rehabilitates OAUSTECH Abandoned For 8 Years (Photos) / Photos Of Nigerian Law School In Port Harcourt Built By Rivers State Government. / What Cgpa Indicate In Your Schools That You Are In 1st Class,2nd Or 3rd Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.