Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,719 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions - Phones (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions (101899 Views)

Easy Way To Root Almost All Android Devices With Framaroot | Come In / Droid VPN: Your Questions / All Ur Blackberry Problems Solved Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Tvaddict: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
saibinc:

Re-flash the kernel separately.

Can you teach me how ?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Alphaoscar: 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
saibinc:
When it comes to discussion about android devices, I think everybody knows what android devices are, but not everybody knows what to do when certain issues arise from the use of this android devices.

Just in case you have any software related problems with your android device, you may post it here and hopefully find a solution to it.

I will try my best to managing this thread daily. However, if you feel like you need a quicker response, you may visit this web log: www.arykblog.com for quicker responses.

What is A Software Problem In Android?

Because android is an open source platform and gives room for more personalizations. In the course of this, some android devices are being messed up and thereby results in malfunctions of all kinds.

To put simply, software problems of android devices are any problems that causes the android device to malfunction as a result of corrupt partitions or volume on the phone, virus, malwares, or even softwares.

Examples of Software Problem of Android Devices:

1- Boot loop -when android device hangs booting up.
2- Excessive Heat -when an android device heats up too much (this can also be caused by the hardware problem).
3- Continual Reboots -when an android device keeps booting on and off continuously.
4- Service Fluctuation -when an android device GSM/GPRS service is not stable.
5- Unending Loading -when an android device never stops loading when you put on the phone.

All these listed above and many more are the examples of software related problems of android devices. Post your questions below and check back for solutions!

Bros, where can I see you in Lagos? I need you to help me solve some software issues on a friends phone.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Harjet(m): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
saibinc:

Which network are you using and with which VPN app? Sorry, I wasn't following your conversation.
mtn.. Psiphon handler
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Harjet(m): 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Karmanaut:
Did you follow the instructions to the letter? If it doesn't work then use SAS instead.
I did everything included there
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Harjet:
I did everything included there
Did you create a new APN, or edit the existing one? Use SAS then.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Bros, where can I see you in Lagos? I need you to help me solve some software issues on a friends phone.
What kind of issues?
With a PC and the knowledge you can fix most software issues.

1 Like

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Alphaoscar: 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Karmanaut:

What kind of issues?

The phone will just freeze at time , it usually drain battery, and usually pop-up a notification about vroot not responding. Every attempt at deleting that vroot has been unsuccesful and i believe markets a wont Rom or something like that was flashed on the phone b4 it was passed to her.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
Alphaoscar:

The phone will just freeze at time ,
If it's lagging it's usually caused by an app using too many resources, or too many apps installed.
Since android is a multitasking OS it caches apps in the background so they can start quicker, so if you have too many apps your phone tends to lag/hang.
Uninstall redundant apps.
If it persists then maybe there are logs in the phone that need to be deleted. You might consider flashing the device to make it brand new.
it usually drain battery,
It might be a single app doing this, badly written apps that are not optimised , or resource-intensive apps can drain the battery and make it overheat.
Check Settings -> Battery to see the apps draining your battery.

If you want a very accurate, very detailed analysis install BetterBatteryStats app. The application needs root access.
Too many apps running makes your phone's CPU to keep running, so if you have too many apps uninstall some.

Another cause can be your battery itself. as you use and charge the battery it loses its capacity gradually and is not as retentive as it was when you bought it. If the phone is old you might need to replace the battery.

and usually pop-up a notification about vroot not responding. Every attempt at deleting that vroot has been unsuccesful and i believe markets a wont Rom or something like that was flashed on the phone b4 it was passed to her.
The vroot app came preinstalled?
This is highly unlikely, if OEMS want the phone prerooted they root it before hand then give you an option to enable or disable it (eg MIUI) instead of preinstalling a root exploit app.
If the phone was previously owned then perhaps the owner was the one that rooted it and vroot was installed as a system app.
If the phone itself is rooted you can uninstall any system app, vroot included.
First check if the phone is rooted, you can do this with any root checking app in the play store.
Then install Titanium Backup or Lucky Patcher (you won't find this in the play store) and uninstall said app.
If the phone isn't rooted check if the vroot app is a device administrator (Settings-> Security-> Device Administrators) then untick it. You'll be able to uninstall it now.
Good luck.
Cheers.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 5:49am On Oct 20, 2015
Alphaoscar:

1B, Osundairo Street, Computer Village, Lagos.
Whatsapp: 080_77_888_311
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 5:59am On Oct 20, 2015
Harjet:
mtn.. Psiphon handler
Use Tweakware instead.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Harjet(m): 8:14am On Oct 20, 2015
saibinc:
Use Tweakware instead.
Which one is tweakware bro??
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
Harjet:
Which one is tweakware bro??
Search for it on Play Store.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Harjet(m): 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
saibinc:
Search for it on Play Store.
any special settings for the tweakware??
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 23, 2015
I am using samsung grand prime. I couldn't download whatsapp using the phone data. I had to use WiFi to download and install the whatsapp. since then, I can't still use my whatsapp from my phone data except by WiFi. pls you guys should help me out. cc: saibinc, karmanaut
Thanks
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2015
ForteNL:
I am using samsung grand prime. I couldn't download whatsapp using the phone data. I had to use WiFi to download and install the whatsapp. since then, I can't still use my whatsapp from my phone data except by WiFi. pls you guys should help me out. cc: saibinc, karmanaut
Thanks
If you are able to connect on Wi-Fi but not on your mobile connection (EDGE/2G/3G/4G), double check your APN configuration with your mobile provider. You must be able to send and receive non-web traffic in order to use WhatsApp.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
Karmanaut:

If you are able to connect on Wi-Fi but not on your mobile connection (EDGE/2G/3G/4G), double check your APN configuration with your mobile provider. You must be able to send and receive non-web traffic in order to use WhatsApp.
Thanks bro. it works
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by lifefaith(m): 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
Good evening.pls I am using techno phantom F7.recently,d phone started downloading apps on its own,take long to start and I started receiving prompts like UNFORTUNATELY,MEASURE HAS STOPPED,UNFORTUNATELY IKEYBOARD HAS STOPPED.these prompts come up as regular as I attempt to open an app.its frustrating. I have flashed d phone last month but d problem still persists.I don't know wot to do.pls help me.tank u
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 24, 2015
lifefaith:
Good evening.pls I am using techno phantom F7.recently,d phone started downloading apps on its own,take long to start and I started receiving prompts like UNFORTUNATELY,MEASURE HAS STOPPED,UNFORTUNATELY IKEYBOARD HAS STOPPED.these prompts come up as regular as I attempt to open an app.its frustrating. I have flashed d phone last month but d problem still persists. I don't know wot to do.pls help me.tank u
cc: Saibinc
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
Karmanaut:

With which ROM did you flash? Stock or Custom and which method did you used?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 11:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
lifefaith:
Good evening.pls I am using techno phantom F7.recently,d phone started downloading apps on its own,take long to start and I started receiving prompts like UNFORTUNATELY,MEASURE HAS STOPPED,UNFORTUNATELY IKEYBOARD HAS STOPPED.these prompts come up as regular as I attempt to open an app.its frustrating. I have flashed d phone last month but d problem still persists.I don't know wot to do.pls help me.tank u
With which ROM did you flashed the phone? Stock or Custom and with which method?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2015
saibinc:

With which ROM did you flash? Stock or Custom and which method did you used?
I'm not the owner.
Wanted to point out an Example that flashing doesn't always solve the problem.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Oklander: 9:15am On Oct 25, 2015
Karmanaut:

What kind of issues?
I hav a gionee p4 with me. It switches off by itself and tried turning back on but would not. It would get suck at the logo and would b trying to restart 4rm there till it goes off after some few trials of restarting, all by itself. It would be switch on later by me only for the process to start again after some minutes of working normally. So I tried restoring the custom Rom back up on the phone through the recovery, the problm persists. I downloaded and installed a new ROM, same. I then downloaded the stock gionee p4 ROM and flashed through sp tools and then turn on the phone, only for it to go off again and the problem persists. What could be wrong?

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Oklander:
I hav a gionee p4 with me. It switches off by itself and tried turning back on but would not. It would get suck at the logo and would b trying to restart 4rm there till it goes off after some few trials of restarting, all by itself. It would be switch on later by me only for the process to start again after some minutes of working normally. So I tried restoring the custom Rom back up on the phone through the recovery, the problm persists. I downloaded and installed a new ROM, same. I then downloaded the stock gionee p4 ROM and flashed through sp tools and then turn on the phone, only for it to go off again and the problem persists. What could be wrong?

Clear cache and dalvik cache via recovery.
If it persists then clear data and make a clean install of the ROM.
After clearing cache or data you should give it time to rebuild the cache.
15 minutes should be enough.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Oklander: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Karmanaut:

Clear cache and dalvik cache via recovery.
If it persists then clear data and make a clean install of the ROM.
After clearing cache or data you should give it time to rebuild the cache.
15 minutes should be enough.
unfortunately I have done all these before I decided to flash back the stock rom through sp tools but problem persists even after flashing.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2015
Oklander:
unfortunately I have done all these before I decided to flash back the stock rom through sp tools but problem persists even after flashing.
Since the problem persists after flashing stock ROM, you should ask Saibinc.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Oklander: 11:19am On Oct 25, 2015
Karmanaut:

Since the problem persists after flashing stock ROM, you should ask Saibinc.
Ok thanks... Cc Saibinc
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
Oklander:
Ok thanks... Cc Saibinc
What's the android version of your phone?
If you can still access android on the phone, enable USB Debugging and connect to your PC with MTK Droid Tools opened, screenshot the details about the phone that's displayed MTK Droid Tools and attach it here.

That would help me troubleshoot the issue and give you precise solution.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
lifefaith:
Download MIUI ROM for Tecno F7 here: Tecno f7 MIUI ROM.
Note: I have uploaded it on Mega Cloud, therefore, you need to have Mega installed on your androids device to be able to download it or, download it on your PC.
I have used the ROM to curb such cases. Just remember to wipe system before you flash the ROM.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by kroosx: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
plz i have a tecno g9 nd h8 droid pad.. i bought this h8 recently nd i ve bin finding difficulty browsing nd whatsapping with it but my g9 does browsing nd evrytin more fluently in d same coverage area.... i observed on my accessability option in the g9 dere is an option for service... but its not in the h8... plz am scared does it mean d h8 is cloned?
pix below
1 tecno g9
2 tecno 8h

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
kroosx:
plz i have a tecno g9 nd h8 droid pad.. i bought this h8 recently nd i ve bin finding difficulty browsing nd whatsapping with it but my g9 does browsing nd evrytin more fluently in d same coverage area....
Does it not browse at all. or does it browse slowly?
Check the APN settings well.
i observed on my accessability option in the g9 dere is an option for service... but its not in the h8... plz am scared does it mean d h8 is cloned?
pix below
1 tecno g9
2 tecno 8h
That's perfectly fine.
The Service was out there by an app, 360 Security.
Giving an app an accessibility service means the app can read all your notifications.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by moshoodn(m): 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2015
kroosx:
plz i have a tecno g9 nd h8 droid pad.. i bought this h8 recently nd i ve bin finding difficulty browsing nd whatsapping with it but my g9 does browsing nd evrytin more fluently in d same coverage area.... i observed on my accessability option in the g9 dere is an option for service... but its not in the h8... plz am scared does it mean d h8 is cloned?
pix below
1 tecno g9
2 tecno 8h
Thought i was the only one who noticed this...

I complained to Tecno that the H8 does not have service option in accessibility.... I have some important apps that can only work best when they have that access.

This is so bad!
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Walexya1: 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
Please my techno p9 recently gives incessant display of 'unfortunately, measure has stopped working' or 'unfortunately, engriks has stopped working' or 'unfortunately, adobe air has stopped working'....i presumed that was what affected the touch calibration but my engineer changed it for me, restored the phone to factory settings but the problem persists.....Pls can give i do to solve this

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Etisalat Introduces New Data Plan / Tecno Phantom Pad II G9 review-and-price. / How To Trace The Details Of An Unknown Number Calling You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.