Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist (28220 Views)

Twin Bomb Blast In Jos, 44 Killed, 67 Injured (Photos) / Mrs Buhari Didn't Address 'edo Prostitute' In A Ridiculous Way (punch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Richy4(m): 11:06am On Aug 22, 2014
OP I was hoping to see the one in Saudi Arabia where women are not allowed to drive or has the law changed
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by 1stola: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2014
Hmn!
I LOVE 23 AND 39 grin
In the bible (Leviticus)
@It is illegal for a woman to be a pastor
@ It is illegal for a woman not to be covering her hair in the public.
@It is illegal for a woman to have sèx out of marriage
@It is illegal to eat pig, rabbit etc
@It is illegal for a woman to enter the church during menstruation
@It is illegal to crossbreed animals...
etc

1 Like

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Daraplato(m): 11:15am On Aug 22, 2014
MurphyG1:

52. In Victoria, Australia, it is illegal to change a light bulb unless you’re a licensed electrician.

35. In parts of India, a man who is in debt can offer up his wife until the debt is paid.

9. In Saudi Arabia, there is no minimum age for marriage. In 2008, a Saudi court refused an 8-year-old girl, who asked for a divorce from her 58-year-old husband.

I don't even know what to say. angry

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by RayMcBlue(m): 11:18am On Aug 22, 2014
- In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having intimate relations with a male animal is punishable by death. (Like THAT makes sense.)

- In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see her reflection in a mirror. (Do they look different reversed?). Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times. (A brick??)

- The penalty for self-service in Indonesia is decapitation. (Geez! I wouldn't be caught dead in that country)

- There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time .. Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry. (Let's just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)

- In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired. (Ah! Justice!)

- Coverless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England but only in tropical fish stores. (What's the point?)

- In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act. (Makes one shudder at the thought.)

- In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time. (I presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?).

- In Maryland, USA, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises." (Is this a great country or what!)

12 Likes

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by nickz(m): 11:19am On Aug 22, 2014
still illegal to talk to my mum face-downgrin

1 Like

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by sage2(m): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2014
These are very good and helpful laws in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Konjour(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2014
If you die in the House Of Parliament at Westminster, you automatically go to hell innit hehehe. undecided

1 Like

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2014
No. 3...By the year 2000 shocked
No 5 is still happening. Snowden has opened our eyes
No. 10 - I Completely refuse to believe jare
No 14,22 and 43 - grin grin grin
No. 49 - I will only agree to be persecuted if the Dog personally makes the complaint! tongue
All in all, a bunch of Neanderthalistic laws angry

1 Like

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by neuljosh(m): 11:26am On Aug 22, 2014
Funny sh*t. anyway, you can check out my signature
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by opiaoku: 11:30am On Aug 22, 2014
I LOVE LAW 66

PUTIN ON POINT

1 Like

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2014
39. In Hong Kong, there’s a law that allows a wife to kill her husband if she finds him cheating. However, she must kill him with her bare hands ..ridicoolousesss grin grin grin grin
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Jesuspistol(m): 11:36am On Aug 22, 2014
In my village it is illegal for women to be pissing while standing. grin
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by jahbiz: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2014
Why is Nigeria not on this long list. If op has taken time to look into our Sharia law am sure you will have a lot to include in the list.
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by tigonana: 11:41am On Aug 22, 2014
Hmm strange laws.
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Tee99(m): 11:45am On Aug 22, 2014
Some cruel, some funny and others just makes me smh. I think its illegal to have good leaders in Nigeria if not they will die early.

It is also illegal to have 24 hours of electricity

It is illegal to BringBackOurGirls

Disclaimer: No be me talk am o!

1 Like

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by jahbiz: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2014
Richy4: OP I was hoping to see the one in Saudi Arabia where women are not allowed to drive or has the law changed
This is why it should be made illegal to comment before reading on NL. Many are guilty of this act.

5 Likes

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by BreezyRita(f): 11:51am On Aug 22, 2014
Vexing? Proxy wedding? Chewing gum?
Na real wa
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2014
OP WHY NAH!!...FOR THE LAST TIME STOP REPOSTING MY POSTS https://www.nairaland.com/1795534/thread-facts/2

[b]Copy and paste....haba! Take time[/b]haba![b]haba![/b]haba!
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by galadima77(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2014
in Nigeria you do a quarry EIA for an estimated 8m naira. However if u decide to disobey d law and establish a quarry site without an EIA, then u pay a fine of 1m naira.
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Funjosh(m): 11:52am On Aug 22, 2014
Hehehehehe.
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2014
ikweremilitant: my brother i tire o, no wondr some people wil sit on their mats nd cliam oil money 1200kms away frm wer dy re sittng cos dy re born to rule.nw i knw.
Eh ehn?
Wharris wrong dia?
Na u put d oyel dia? ehn?
grin
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Funjosh(m): 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
RayMcBlue: - In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having intimate relations with a male animal is punishable by death. (Like THAT makes sense.)

- In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see
heir reflection in a mirror. (Do they look different reversed?). Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a
brick or piece of wood at all times. (A brick??)

- The penalty for self-service in Indonesia is decapitation. (Geez! I wouldn't be caught dead in that country)

- There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time .. Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry. (Let's just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)

- In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired. (Ah! Justice!)

- Coverless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England but only in tropical fish stores. (What's the point?)

- In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act. (Makes one shudder at the thought.)

- In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time. (I presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?).

- In Maryland, USA, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises." (Is this a great country or what!)

ORISIRISI shocked
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by jahbiz: 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
Richy4: OP I was hoping to see the one in Saudi Arabia where women are not allowed to drive or has the law changed

1 Like

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Richy4(m): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
jahbiz: This is why it should be made illegal to comment before reading on NL. Many are guilty of this act.

Excuse me. You should have pointed it out that it was in number 7 instead of saying nothing. Thanks for nothing anyways. And for your information I read before I comment. Have you ever been in a boring place and u choose to check on your phone with divided attention
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Janetozi(f): 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Some of the laws are ridiculous like; 9, 19, 23, 35, 37, 39, 46 the one i hate the most is 35: in part of India a man who is in dept can offer up his wife until the dept is paid. What if the creditor use ur wife b4 u pay the money.

This kind of law can't abide in Nigeria o
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by numericalguy(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
khadaffi:

I don't think this law is bad, as a matter of fact it will be useful in Nigeria.

I know you are using style to tell us jona shouldn't have been allowed to go to school angry angry..
Take ya time o! ehen! grin

2 Likes

Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by san316(m): 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
1. Not until 2011, anybody that criticizes the FG is and APC member, Nationality is not a factor at all. 2. Stealing is no longer corruption as declared by an African president.
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by mimicious(f): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
dou a long list but funny, no 8 should be issued in Nigeria *smiling*
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by henryobinna(m): 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
Okijajuju1: Nigeria nko

Resisting Arrest.. The Nigerian Police can LEGALLY shoot a suspect for resisting Arrest wether or not the suspect poses any real danger to the officer or the public.

grin
that thing they vex me bad
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by akandea(m): 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
If the No 15 law is allowed in Nigeria, our prisons will not contain offenders!!
Re: 67 Ridiculous Laws From Around The World That Still Actually Exist by Shine1177: 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
19. In Arkansas there still exists a law that was instated in the 1800s that states a husband is allowed to beat his wife, but only once a month

There should be a history to the cause of this law. The Whites were once primitive too.

36. In Greece, if anyone wants to get married, the law requires those to publish their wedding notice in a newspaper (written in Greek) or on the City Hall notice board.

This is applicable in Nigeria also, I did it at Udu LGA of Delta State, it is a pre-weddng condition by law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu, Atiku & Peter Obi At Investiture Of Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers / Alex Ekwueme's Corpse Arrives Abuja (Photos) / EFCC Arrests Hadi Sirika Over ₦8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.