Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October (21734 Views)

APC Begins Governorship Campaign In Rivers State(photos) / US 'begins Process' To Lift Arms Embargo On Nigeria / APC Begins ‘walk The Ward’ Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by mastengsynergy: 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hmmmmm. This is going to be an herculean task for the Party. This is the most sensitive and Challenging period for APC. The big Question is: Will the Primaries be Democratically Free and Fair?
We should Critically Watch Where the Interests of the National Leaders of the Party is.
I wish the Party well and I pray that the "Square peg is put in the Square Hole".
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by emmasege: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tell Buhari and those northern folks to wait until 2019!!!. How easy it would have been for Buhari to emerge as the next President if he and other northern elders had thrown their weight behind GEJ to put BH insurgency to a halt. Instead, they gave the boys a silent support when the bombing started thinking that would make the country ungovernable for GEJ and discredit him b4 most Nigerians. The God that I serve would not let you Buhari or any Northerner sit on that throne until GEJ completes his second term. If u like keep bombing till then, don't just come down south. Shikenah!!!

4 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: The ticket is between Kwankwaso or Gen Muhammadu Buhari. While I am in favor of Engr Rabiu Kwankwaso(and hope he wins it), should Gen Buhari be given the ticket, I will deploy all my resources to campaign for his candidacy and his victory. I am certain that Any candidate of APC will be a performer due to the people around APC. You can't compare APC states to PDP controlled states.
I will also throw El-Rufai into the mix for a more competitive primary.
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
CFCfan:
I will also throw El-Rufai into the mix for a more competitive primary.
ElRufai is gunning for Kaduna STate Guber

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by synergycom19: 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
It's most unfortunate that this party has no candidate. They were only emboldened by GEJ ADMINISTRATION LACK OF PERFOMANCE, INCOMPETENCE AND CORRUPTION
BUHARI promise not to contest elections in Nigeria again, ( thinking that GEJ will perform, due to his massive grass roots supports))
Worse still they (APC) promise fire and brimstone if they lost the polls(because Nigerians has no right to reject them at the polls). And as usual GEJ is doing noting about this threats of mayhem.
PLEASE, PLEASE AND PLEASE NIGERIANS LET'S SIT AT HOME AND LET THIS POLITICIANS VOTE FOR THEMSELVES, THAT THE ONLY WAY TO AVOID TBAT MAYHEM

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Hamazz1: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
wel 4nw we dt r opposed to d evil pdp wil await wt grt anticipatn we believe d devils r of varying degree consequently we believe apc is of a lesser diabolical impact than d ruling party i call on my fellow nigerians who crave justice 4 d injustice commtted to join us....we r nt all saints bt we seek chnge.
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Rexyl(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
soroptimist:

Dont mind the Apostle of Doom and the Evangelist of Bad tiding.....

Have you forgotten since when they kept saying APC will scatter before it will be formed,it got formed

The children of sorrow propelled by their grandfathers in the inner coven of PDP and GEJ devised several means to scuttle APC's growth and development yet they have been grossly disappointed at every turn around the corner

APC did their National Convention to elect Excos......the same town criers spammed the cyberspace with divinations of cataclysm yet APC have weathered the storm......infact Tom ikimi who authored a lamentation epistle in the aftermath of the elections have just been named as one of the BOT members

Those who wish Nigeria well will be happy at the coming of APC which will put PDP on its toes and eventually the common man will be the better for it because they will tango effectively against each other to the benefit of the Nigerian masses

you are talking and should be agreed with only if Southerner emerges as the APC president. if not you would be deceiving yourself. You shouldn't live in self denial of ‘dangerous politics of the North‘ which is being influenced by certain cabal that has been working on all available means to dominate others.

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by DahomeyAmazon(f): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
synergycom19: It's most unfortunate that this party has no candidate. They were only emboldened by GEJ ADMINISTRATION LACK OF PERFOMANCE, INCOMPETENCE AND CORRUPTION
BUHARI promise not to contest elections in Nigeria again, ( thinking that GEJ will perform, due to his massive grass roots supports))
Worse still they (APC) promise fire and brimstone if they lost the polls(because Nigerians has no right to reject them at the polls). And as usual GEJ is doing noting about this threats of mayhem.
they have no candidate for you or what, why are they doing primaries
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by LivingSoul34: 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
Dreal1247: .
Some people were commenting of long years of government dominance by the northerners and its negetive effects on the developement of the country. Once they hijack the presidency through Apc which i know wont be possible, they will then restrategize on how to sit tight. Southerners them have to forget about becoming president. All the manipulations in the military, the binged of Sanusi as the CBN governor, etc are all avenues to ensure that they continue using officer to manipulate the government. I was surprised to hear that Nigeria is a member of Organisation Of Islamic Countries. With APC party structure, maybe, this time around, they will contest Nigeria to Syria and Iraq where Islam is a must. We have to be wise.

Nigerians have out-grown the kind of bigotry you are displaying here. All Nigerians want is good leadership and not religion and regions. If you are canvassing for southerners not to vote for a northern candidate for the mere fact that he is a northerner what makes you think that northerners have to vote for any southern candidate and do not forget that politics is a game of number... Talking about bad leadership, out of the nearly 16 yrs of democracy we have witnessed since 1999 a northerner was there for less than 3 yrs, and southerners spent (spending ) the remaining 13-14 years , so tell me what makes you think that southerner are not responsible for the underdevelopment of the country... As for you hearing that Nigeria is a member of Organization of Islamic Countries, i think as this time and age you should be talking about what you heard, hence it does not cost find out yourself... Those of you playing ethnic and religious cards are not helping are not the helping the course of GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by anonimi: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: WHere is the lie and when did APC announce Zoning of Presidential Office to the North? What do you mean by not adhering to internal democratic process? Do you know how things work in APC or you are here to bandy words?

You obviously have not heard and/or do not understand that the most important things are NOT said/written.

When you have finished convincing/confusing yourself that the Arewa People's Congress, APC has not zoned its presidency to the Fulani north, then let us know. We will be here to remind you when the become has come to become smiley

3 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by nigerianvenom(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
i wish they picked buhari and tinubu as presidential and vice presidential candidate so that their defeat will be worst than fayemi's recent lost

4 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by gebest: 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Kwakwanso is d best among dem, Atiku is dead on arrival Buhari canot even deliver his state to d Apc, they are stil 100% PDP.

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by nigerianvenom(m): 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
2cato: this ur lie is nothing but tales by sunlight. APC are well known for the imposition of candidate without adhering to internal democratic process

grin
u are very correct@ tales by sunlight cos moon is too meek.
tinubu imposes all the APC's candidate in the SW including his wife as a senator,son inlaw as federal member of parliament,daughter as market woman leader
bukola saraki and his father held sway as owners-kwara state group of companies.he became a governor,his sister became a senator,his cousin -member of parliament,the father was the political emir,etc
is it not buhari that choosed al makura on the people of nasarrawa?
this APC are short sighted sha

3 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by comos: 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
gebest: Rabiu Kwankwaso is the most qualify, Atiku is dead on arrival, Buhari canot even deliver his state to the Apc.
bring anyone of them, if you like mix am as you want, GEJ will still win the presidential election come 2015.

3 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by nigerianvenom(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
comos:
How come Tinubu has his wife, inlaws, children, relatives and cronies emerging as APC candidates

u wan mind that one weh deh decieve himself?

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by chemali: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
comos:
bring anyone of them, if you like mix am as you want, GEJ will still win the presidential election come 2015.

I wonder how a man who infamously debated himself on national TV should ever be considered electable! Honestly, I wish Fashola would be a candidate in this election. It's high time Nigeria raises the bar and stop pushing forward a mediocre as candidate for elective position. Don't want no mediocre

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by fineyemi(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
rattlesnake: They will.not win
But PDP will.not too
U MUST B HIGH. Pls reduce ur intake of liquor.

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
Should APC zone their presidential seat to the north, we want a competent Northerner with proven track records.
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by tsolz90(m): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
Only a demon will support a demonic party

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by activatenigeria: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
The beginning of the fall of APC, I bet you the membership of the party will drop drastically after the presidential Primaries.

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by georgecso(m): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, Governor of Kano State is my preferred candidate.. I was in Kano few days ago and l am really encouraged by his giant strides... For the record l neither Pro APC nor PDP...
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by zurine(f): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
interesting
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Aidy97(f): 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by comos: 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
chemali:
I wonder how a man who infamously debated himself on national TV should ever be considered electable! Honestly, I wish Fashola would be a candidate in this election. It's high time Nigeria raises the bar and stop pushing forward a mediocre as candidate for elective position. Don't want no mediocre
Fashola's name sound strange to Nigerian outside Lagos and ogun state.
Tell me how is he going to stand against a national figure (GEJ)

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by talktimi(m): 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
donphilopus:

What you don't know is that there's no way they would have selected people into their BoT without including Atiku a former VP. If Ali Modu Sheriff hadn't decamped, he would have also been included. Is Tom Ikimi not also there now? Didn't he lose APC Chairmanship Election to Oyegun?!

And for you to say Atiku is marketable shows that you don't know the meaning of marketable, or marketable has another definition in your dictionary!
you're very funny indeed though your reasoning ability is base. Instead of us beating about the bush with arguments and counter arguments, lets just wait till after the october primaries. You people should even be more worried about why a PDP stalwart called Obj will be sending greek gifts into the APC's midst grin
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Here comes ma favourite episode, the pre-season of 2015 general election.

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by chemali: 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
comos:
Fashola's name sound strange to Nigerian outside Lagos and ogun state.
Tell me how is he going to stand against a national figure (GEJ)

That is the purpose of campaigns. Besides, Fashola is well known beyond the states you mentioned. GEJ on the other hand is trying hard to divide Nigerians along religious and ethnic lines. You are one of his disciples with your silly shouts of supporter of APC. He is far from a national figure. He's a local government chairman temporarily occupying the president's seat.

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by omongbati: 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: APC didn't zone it to the North. I have never heard that they barred Southerners from aspiring. However, APC is not like PDP that plays politics of region, tribe and religion. PDP don't even keep to their zoning arrangement(that is their business). In APC everyone can aspire for any position without restriction.

He never was in the race.

They zoned it to the north and the vice Presidential slot to the south.

I think.

Dreal1247: Where are the southern presidential candidates? Has Tinubu withdrawn from the race?

donphilopus: Have you ever heard of zoning-arrangement?!

See how confused these APCshit people are. They do not even know their own rules

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by jelel6: 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
I am a southerner but the hate my fellow brothers has for the north is disgraceful. Imagine sonneone refusing to vote for a northern candidate simply because he is from north. Although there are many reasons a northerner wont vote GEJ, i have never seen a single post here on nairaland which suggest that been south is one.

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by anonimi: 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
chemali:

Elections are not & should not be about just being able to TALK, which Fashola is very good at.
It should be about performance and being able to deliver on your core BASIC constitutional RESPONSIBILITIES. Alhaji Babatunde Raji Fashola has been a COLOSSAL FAILURE
on this very important score.
DECEPTION can only take a man so far angry

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Ahmeduana(m): 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
Dreal1247: Has Tinubu withdrawn from the race?
THE B@$$T@RD IS THERE PLAYING SECOND FIDDLE!
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by yetunsbay(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
comos:
I am yet to see the mixture that APC will produce to defeat GEJ
#buhari/amaechi....................lobatan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode And Tinubu Visit Guinea Republic / ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC / Anxiety In Presidency, Security Over 2019 Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.