Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,156 members, 7,860,140 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (875132 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Teebag09: 7:34am On Oct 11, 2014
Hello friends,its great to b here...have gitten admission since sept 5,and am yet to receive my i20...how long dose it take to get to naija?...concord uni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sannywills: 8:19am On Oct 11, 2014
hello gurus i greet you all
please i am through with my undergraduate study but i want to apply for master in u.s
but am having this issue, i had third class in my field chemistry
and i had that is only 2.5 one can do master direct in u.s but what i had is 2.39
can i be able to do p.g.d program studies in u.s which can make me do master or will that look some how iin the eye of the vo if i apply for postgraduate studies,please brodas i need your help on what to do
hoping to hear from you all brodas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by genxris: 8:20am On Oct 11, 2014
sannywills:
please i am through with my undergraduate study but i want to apply for master in u.s
and i had that is only 2.5 one can do master direct in u.s but what i had is 2.39
can i be able to do p.g.d program studies in u.s which can make me do master or will that look some how iin the eye of the vo if i apply
for postgraduate studies,please brodas i need your help on what to do.

I suggest u rather do the pgd in naija and combine d result with your degree for WES evaluation, it will give u a better edge OR just forward your degree to WES ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by genxris: 8:43am On Oct 11, 2014
For all those expecting/processing their admissions paperworks, I wish you all God's strength and success and for those that will soon go to Abuja or Lagos embassies I wish you all Goodluck. Do your best to pick some past important information in this thread that may assist you in the interview as it relates to your field of pursuit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jcaribie: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2014
Where's Walespring? Long time, bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Teebag09: 9:42am On Oct 11, 2014
Hello friends,its great to b here...have gitten
admission since sept 5,and am yet to receive my
i20...how long dose it take to get to naija?...concord
uni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Teebag09: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2014
hello
Can someone book appointment wen he/she hasn't collect i20...but have
been given admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2014
jcaribie:
Where's Walespring? Long time, bro.

Big boss am here... You are right ooo... Longest time and no see..

How your side oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2014
Teebag09:
hello
Can someone book appointment wen he/she hasn't collect i20...but have
been given admission

Yes you can only if you have scanned copy of your I-20 send to you via email by your school..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Teebag09: 11:36am On Oct 11, 2014
Walspring:

Yes you can only if you have scanned copy of your I-20 send to you via email by your school..
Thanks...I don't have d scan copy n d person helpin me said he has book a date for me in november
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
Teebag09:

Thanks...I don't have d scan copy n d person helpin me said he has book a date for me in november
Why can't you help yourself? I suspect a foul play here unless he has a scanned copy of your I20 with him. @Slimmy05, I paid the visa fee online eventually. May God help us all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
technolee:
Why can't you help yourself? I suspect a foul play here unless he has a scanned copy of your I20 with him. @Slimmy05, I paid the visa fee online eventually. May God help us all.
that's good to hear. The last time I tried it didn't work and when made enquiries paying cash, the guy told me it was disabled cos of too many issues at hand.

Good to hear one can pay online. I even tried paying for walspring back then and its still thesame issue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Teebag09:
Hello friends,its great to b here...have gitten
admission since sept 5,and am yet to receive my
i20...how long dose it take to get to naija?...concord
uni
It all depends on the channel in which it was sent through. Sending it through courier agencies like DHL, FedEx should take just about 3 to 5 business days. But if it was sent using the postal agency, it might take 2 weeks or more or even eternity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
Teebag09:

My conjecture is that you patronize an agent. By the way, he might not be telling you the truth as you can't book an appointment without having your sevis number which is always on your I-20 form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sannywills: 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
can i be able to do p.g.d program studies in u.s which can make me do master or will that look some how iin the eye of the vo if i apply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by oyetpel(m): 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
America pple, una welldone o, keep enjoying. No hope of travelling again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
sannywills:
The time you are taking to spam this thread with your question would be more fruitful if only you can google search schools that accepts your grade and mail the coordinator of your intending course stating your case to him/her. They may regard a good GRE and TOEFL score over your grade even. Start now and I tell you, you will laugh in the end. I have seen a school before during my search and they take 2.25gpa but I can't remember them for now. I wish you all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by OgbeniVan: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hi people. This is my first comment on NL *covers face*.
I'm in a fix. Is there any chance of getting an admission with a 3.42 cgpa? I've just written the gre and I exceeded most of my intended schools' minimum requirement. Somebody, please help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 6:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Since you said you have a good gre scores then you are good to go though most schools requires 3.00 on 4.00 scale but there are some schools that requires 2.85 or 2.75 0n 4.00 scale..hope that help

OgbeniVan:
I'm in a fix. Is there any chance of getting an admission with a 3.42 cgpa? I've just written the gre and I exceeded most of my intended schools' minimum requirement. Somebody, please help.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
OgbeniVan:
I guess you mean 3.42/5.0. Well its ok, you can evaluate your transcript via wes or send it directly to your school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by younique10: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hey guys..I was wondering,is it possible to still get a visa this year against spring 2015...I have written the required exam for the schools I will be applying to(which is just TOEFL)...dey do not require SAT at all but m still writing it by November and one does not require the Waec exam.
I will be changing the schools that will receive my TOEFL result next week and be applying to the new schools the week after. So,is it possible to do do all dat and get a visa appointment by Mid November?
Before I forget ...how long does it take to receive a confirmation email after registering for the SAT.[i][/i]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello house,please help me look into this..I finished high school in 2005 sat for WAEC thereafter took another exam in 2007 (NECO).
I was admitted into Lagos State Polytechnic in 2009 and I had an ND in computer science. Which I finished in 2011.Did my compulsory IT in 2012 and got my letter of completion in 2013 due to some school internal wahala coupled with ASUP vs FG strike..I applied as a transfer student for undergraduate to study computer science to 3 schools in USA and one in cyprus.I was accepted by 2 in USA and the one in cyprus..I have my I-20 already from UCO and I was given a 1000USD funds inform of a scholarship from school based on my academic perfomance(3.10/5). SAT/TOEFL were both waived and a letter of exemption has been issued to this effect.Though I wrote the TOEFL exam in 2010 and I have result in the form of a certificate with me.I have scheduled an interview appointment already.Please what is my chance.What other things do I need to put in other.
Suggestions and Opinions Please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by OgbeniVan: 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
cutelekush01:

Since you said you have a good gre scores then you are good to go though most schools requires 3.00 on 4.00 scale but there are some schools that requires 2.85 or 2.75 0n 4.00 scale..hope that help

That's my fear too. 3.00 on a 4.00 scale translates to 3.75 on a 5.00 scale (abi??) and I'm way off that mark. Should I just stick to the 2.75/2.85 schools or do I stand any chance with the 3.00 schools. Thanks for taking time to reply me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
I dont think its up to 3.75.....3.00 on 4.00 scale should be around 3.6 or 3.5 on 5.00 scale..some schools admit cgpa less than 3.00 if you have a good GRE scores but i wont advice you to stick to that because there might be competition..The best thing to do is to search for schools that require less then 3.00 on 4.00 scale..your 3.24 on 5.00 scale should be around 2.95 - 2.85 im not that sure because its gonna take me a long process to help you with the calculation..Thats my opinion.just chill those who know better will help you with other relevant info

OgbeniVan:

That's my fear too. 3.00 on a 4.00 scale translates to 3.75 on a 5.00 scale (abi??) and I'm way off that mark. Should I just stick to the 2.75/2.85 schools or do I stand any chance with the 3.00 schools. Thanks for taking time to reply me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2014
cutelekush01:

I dont think its up to 3.75.....3.00 on 4.00 scale should be around 3.6 or 3.5 on 5.00 scale..some schools admit cgpa less than 3.00 if you have a good GRE scores but i wont advice you to stick to that because there might be competition..The best thing to do is to search for schools that require less then 3.00 on 4.00 scale..your 3.24 on 5.00 scale should be around 2.95 - 2.85 im not that sure because its gonna take me a long process to help you with the calculation..Thats my opinion.just chill those who know better will help you with other relevant info

I beg to differ. The figures above ain't true. Going by his initial post, he wrote 3.42. If he decide to evaluate his transcript he would get at least a 3.0 or 3.1.

You don't need to have 3.5 to get 3.0. I have a friend with 3.36 and when he evaluated he got 3.1. Its not magic. I will advice you evaluate your transcript via wes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
OgbeniVan:

You don't need to overflog the cgpa issue. Your best bet is to evaluate your cgpa via wes. Your 3.42 will get you 3.0.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
oh i got it wrong..i thought i saw 3.24..May be he should try foreigncredits.com to calculate it i think the difference wont be much compare to Wes.Sorry if i might have misled you with my info i thought i saw 3.24 and never forget i said its just an opinion he should wait for others that know better than i do..Shikena

slimmy05:
I beg to differ. The figures above ain't true. Going by his initial post, he wrote 3.42. If he decide to evaluate his transcript he would get at least a 3.0 or 3.1.

You don't need to have 3.5 to get 3.0. I have a friend with 3.36 and when he evaluated he got 3.1. Its not magic. I will advice you evaluate your transcript via wes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
Then with that i think he/she is good to go

slimmy05:
You don't need to overflog the cgpa issue. Your best bet is to evaluate your cgpa via wes. Your 3.42 will get you 3.0.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by OgbeniVan: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
slimmy05:
slimmy05:
slimmy05:
Aii. Thanks y'all. WES it is. *fingers crossed*
By the way, I'm a she oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
People,Please where and how can i get a link to check the list of the top best universities for Journalism and Media Studies in the US..Please can i get it please?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by asadiaboymma: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
Helo nairalanders! Please I wrote to the school I want to apply to, I tried finding out if I need to evaluate my transcripts with wes, here is the reply I got
(Thank you for your email.  It is not a requirement that you have your transcript evaluated by WES.  Once your application file is complete and your transcripts have been received a member of our staff will complete a credential evaluation.  However, we will accept an official evaluation from WES if you decide to have one completed.)
buh my fear is that I have HND with CGPA 3.21/4, hope its not a problem. Please some 1 should help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (502)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.