Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865848 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Walspring:

1, Well as for the sevis fee payment in Nigerian go to 1st bank and ask them cos i dont know if anyone have done sevis payment since it was launched. Use WU or ask anyone in US to pay for you there with Money order or WU or you go to seme border and pay there

2, You can go for you interview 120 days before you resumption date.. As from september ending or early october is okay for you then.

Thanks a lot for this sir. Do I need to book the interview early though, or will there always be space no matter when I book
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
meekpie:

Thanks a lot for this sir. Do I need to book the interview early though, or will there always be space no matter when I book

Thanks to God... You can book now to the 1st available date is Sept 3/4 and last date so far is Sept 30th...

Go to your appointment page and login then book for your date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
teddyrain: they help yea they do. But in my case it was my school. Because they knew my interview date and even when I got approved without me telling them .

I dont understand you fully, how can your school help you in getting the visa? I dont think it work that way.. Imagine your school teaching VO their work... I think embassy do co copy the school and poe after granting visa cos one guy said his school got a message from the embassy about his visa then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juntod: 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
Part 6.... WOW.. Forward ever...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
Mr. Graviton, please, bear with me. I shall get back to you hopefully before Monday. Traveling from one state to another could be exhausting for a poor dude.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juntod: 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
teddyrain

The consulate alerts your school immediately your visa is approved. They communicate via the SEVIS database. They also get alert from immigration once your entry is approved at POE. This is why they are able to alert the immigration if you are in the US and do not show up at the ISSO before resumption date. This doesn't mean they can influence your visa decision in anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 9:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
Walspring:

I dont understand you fully, how can your school help you in getting the visa? I dont think it work that way.. Imagine your school teaching VO their work... I think embassy do co copy the school and poe after granting visa cos one guy said his school got a message from the embassy about his visa then.

OK boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
juntod: teddyrain

The consulate alerts your school immediately your visa is approved. They communicate via the SEVIS database. They also get alert from immigration once your entry is approved at POE. This is why they are able to alert the immigration if you are in the US and do not show up at the ISSO before resumption date. This doesn't mean they can influence your visa decision in anyway.
got that boss grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Graviton2(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
Part 6 yet again! Odikwa egwu! grin grin

Data loss was a bastard but we are back again! Praise God!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
Walspring:

Thanks to God... You can book now to the 1st available date is Sept 3/4 and last date so far is Sept 30th...

Go to your appointment page and login then book for your date

Thanks a lot sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
obob gre preparation no b beans o...d quant na die..anyway i thank God.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
teddyrain: they help yea they do. But in my case it was my school. Because they knew my interview date and even when I got approved without me telling them .but in all as as stevecrun said its God. Because it was still God who directed me to choose that school after troy uni denied me admission. I prayed and told God enough of wasting money. Let his will be done. I bumped into that school in an online article that same day. I found out they accept scanned copies and you apply online. So while others were busy spending 15k or 17k for courier I used just N400 to send my documents. While others were busy cramming what to say I was busy praising God and claiming his promises. I wasn't prepared orally but I was more than prepared with angels all around me. When I was talking the white guy wasn't interested in what I was saying. At a stage he said go and sit down I will call you up later. Immediately their systems went bad. I can remember seeing the guy showing one of his colleagues my application while going to sit. On calling me back my visa was approved. Its only God not education USA. Even if you use education USA its still God. My prayer was if america was not in Gods plan for my education, let me be denied but if its Gods will let it be done. Just like a bonus, God also provided a heartthrob for me as well "my lovely NANCY" When its Gods time no man can stop you. Now you getting this info that some schools help you get visa is God too. Because he has given you the privilege to be on NL this hour. Believe it or not its real some schools help (maybe its a new trend I don't know) like my boo said I think if you get a scholarship from the school. smiley
When are you going to the alter with your sunlight?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
Joenice: When are you going to the alter with your sunlight?
vision 2020
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
bbdd: Yay wes evaluation complete
3.4 /4

Our testimonies must be complete in this thread. There shall be no case of serial denials Ijn
Please what is your school's overall CGPA?
My fear of using WES is such that the polytechnic i studied has 4.00 as its overall CGPA.
Again i finished with 2.56/4.
Is it possible for my cgpa to be increased WES using WES despite the fact that my school 's overall cgpa is 4.0..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
Please what is your school's overall CGPA?
My fear of using WES is such that the polytechnic i studied has 4.00 as its overall CGPA.
Again i finished with 2.56/4.
Is it possible for my cgpa to be increased WES using WES despite the fact that my school 's overall cgpa is 4.0..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
Joenice: When are you going to the alter with your sunlight?
vision 2020
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
bbdd: Yay wes evaluation complete
3.4 /4

Our testimonies must be complete in this thread. There shall be no case of serial denials Ijn
Please how many month did it take wes to translate ur transcripts?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Graviton2(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
godG: Mr. Graviton, please, bear with me. I shall get back to you hopefully before Monday. Traveling from one state to another could be exhausting for a poor dude.

I understand, sir. I will keep my eyes peeled. God is your strength!

*This "Mr" wey you add for my name sweet my belle oh. Lol.
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
juntod: teddyrain

please I need to be cleared on how to transfer since they know you got your visa. If you want to transfer, can you go to the cc direct and then inform the school on your passport you are transferring ? Or going to the college on your passport, then transfer later. Which one is better please guys how best can this be done successfully?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Kpimp: 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
femiap:
GOD BLESS AMERICA

The country that i love and keep close to my heart, a country that your dreams can come true if you are hardworking, a country where you can attend any college or university without a penny in your pocket throught loans and scholarships.

Whao, its amazing this thread is still alive!!!!!, i joined this thread in August 2010 because i was interested in coming to the U.S for graduate studies and potentially become a citizen of this great country...this thread is part of my success story today, the likes of OJAP, SEEDORD, FEMILANGY, FEMI2020 are part of my success story, my strategy was watch, listen and dissect information from this thread and mold it to my benefit, and that worked for me when i went to the embassy for my student visa interview...( check dec 14 2010 for my interview details on the thread).

With that been said, my journey in America has been a success story with a lot of hardwork, optimism, and dynamism. To cut the long story short, i have two masters now and work as an Information Analyst with one of the biggest banks in the world, i never came here with any large money, i was just optimistic, hopeful, looked unto God . Yea, America is not easy like people say (FOR LAZY PEOPLE), but if you are ready to study hard, beleive you me, you will be ok and not lack.

The purpose of my long epistle is to encourgae you guys....(the ones that are really ready to come study and become someone in life), do not let anybody discourage you, follow your heart and passion, i am a living testimony, i landed at JFK with 70 dollars in my pocket in dec 2010 but as of today i make almost six figures/annum working as a SQL DEVELOPER, i never knew anything about I.T while in Nigeria, but because i was determined to be a change agent for my generation, i strived hard, focused on my masters and through the Grace of God, i dont lack anything because am highly contempted with what i have.

P.S

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD, IT CHANGED MY LIFE AND SOME FRIENDS' LIVES, DO NOT COME TO THE THREAD WITH THE "I KNOW ALL MENTALITY" RATHER, COME HERE TO ASSIMILATE INFORMATION. THANK YOU ALL AND BEST OF LUCK.

So inspiring.will be of benefit to me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
Please can someone recommend graduate schools that requires upload of transcripts or by email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 10:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
ridimic1: obob gre preparation no b beans o...d quant na die..anyway i thank God.....
lol...guy these exams no be here at all...Na God sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
repsin: Please can someone recommend graduate schools that requires upload of transcripts or by email.

University of Tennessee Knoxville
University of Illinois, Urbana Champagne
University of Illinois, Chicago.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hello House,

What happens when my school program end date overshoots my passport expiry date? Can anyone elaborate on possible complications from this situation concerning visa issuance.

Please advise

p.s. why do I keep getting logged out of NL each time I refresh?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 11:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
Part 6 when my visa for show!!! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
@bigfrancis21

What does the school do with your gre after they've offered you admission?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
osahons9: @bigfrancis21

What does the school do with your gre after they've offered you admission?

They just need it to consider you for admission and/or funding at the time of admission. They most likely do nothing with it afterwards. The GRE result sent to them is electronic, ie, ETS just uploads your GRE result into the receiving school's electronic database. Meaning that it is stored electronically and can be accessed anytime they want, maybe only valid for 5 years since GRE is valid for 5 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
meekpie: Hello House,

What happens when my school program end date overshoots my passport expiry date? Can anyone elaborate on possible complications from this situation concerning visa issuance.

Please advise

p.s. why do I keep getting logged out of NL each time I refresh?

It's not a problem. You can always renew your passport before or when it expires at the Nigerian embassy here in the US. The Nigerian embassy is located at Washington DC.

Someone I know renewed his soon-to-expire passport last month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.