Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. (32631 Views)

Aftermath Of NMA Strike: Low Activity In UCH / Of NMA, JOHESU And Reality! / Consultants Opt Out Of NMA Strike, Resume Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by perezzi: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
njokusboy:

And you are a MEDICAL DOCTOR, seems the only thing you guys know is performing operations and treating people... you can't even keep up with a logical debate..

First of all, as a student of any federal government institution, your Tuition is basically free, ask expatriates how much they pay to study medicine and you would understand... If u didn't go through a private university, you don't have the right to argue.. I know you buy those fat test books and other instruments, which are quite expensive, but would you mind telling us your state of origin so I can tell this people how much you received from your state Government? Look Mr, Nigerians are no longer the gullible people of yester years...

(2) secondly, drugs are produced by pharmaceutical industries, you do not have the required training to make them... your instruments, thermometers, stethoscope etc were produced by Biomedical Engineers... you cannot make them can you... without these people, your practice is actually useless isn't it? can you prove otherwise?

(3) BARBARIC HEALTH BEHAVIOUR?? Ur colleague almost killed me in 2009, if I hadn't gone for proper diagnosis, I'd prolly be dead by now... Oga stop being sentimental.. it's the job of the lab scientist to test your blood to find out the actual cause of a disease since many diseases have similar symptoms, so most times when you doctors prescribe drugs without proper tests, you are infact just guessing... Am I wrong?
Finally, I am no JOHESU sympathizer, but I have been to hospitals, I have seen how you guys dismiss the prescriptions of the pharmacists on several occasions, I have seen how you stubbornly go about prescribing drugs and assuming against the advice of the lab scientists... Bros, we know all these things.. if a pharmacist with adequate work experience cannot become a consultant, then I wonder what obtains, since when were you trained to become become a minister of health which is actually a diplomatic position? Are Pharmacists, nurses and lab scientists not Health Workers? Those are political positions... The minister of aviation is not even a pilot... same for most other ministries.... you lot are just a greedy, ungrateful bunch...

Why have you decided to go mad. Tell us,we need to know.

1 Like

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by armadeo(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
Kinkale:

CHISOS!! SEE LANGUAGE

I no be wan talk.

1 Like

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by adbokus(m): 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
I hereby advocate in the strongest term for a ban on unionism..more harm than good that tool is causing..unionism should be proscribed irreversibly! No amount of genuiness in the demands of those saddled, obligatorily, with the duty&/task of saving human lives is worth the needless loss of any human!!!...
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
warrior01: Lol..... When I said most Nigerian doctors lack common sense and full of arrogance, some people doubted it. So, Nigerian 'doctors' una see una life? What we saw sitting down, most of you guys couldn't see it even while on top of an iroko tree.
With all the greed,noise, blackmail and lack of common sense what did you arrogant arses achieve now? Mtchew! All noise and no action. Thanks to all the patriotic Agbo sellers, may una life not be as confused as that of Nigerian ' doctors' that woke up one day and decided to challenge their chi.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
we went on strike, they complained and now we suspended the strike but they are all over our thread abusing us. pls get life for yourselves

6 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
opey25: idots like u should be flushed out of our health system.your main concern is about money.from ur profile am sure u don't earn up to 250k per month yet u are bragging dat u are smiling to d bank.
. U don't know dese pple? All dey care about is money money money, d patients can die for all they care (but God no go gree)

5 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
kenis: Sorry, if these people on Nairaland claiming to be doctors are actually one, I SMH in dismay. How can people with that level of education be writing in short code and using incoherent words like secondary school pupils? Stop bringing disgrace to the profession.
. Am tellin u, many of dem culd be products of JAMB special centres & sorting of lecturers, yet dey claim superiority, how can u be superior wit a low mentality & poor self expression? Na winch?

5 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by sainty2k3(m): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
McStoic: Before I tutor you, can you first of all tell me why other paramedical students should sponsor themselves in their post graduates while the FG sponsors you lot in your updates and medical exams? Expound to me while you deem it fit that the FG should take orders from temporary staff like you lots on how to remunerate the permanent staffs in our health sector? Do the US which you people call upon as the international standard pay for everything our government bequeaths you guys? What right have you people to alter the course of another paramedical's career ala telling them how to or not reach the zenith of their profession?

The above will do for now. Clarify me substantially on these anomalies and you have your lecture; thank you.
If u can actually tutor me then u won't need this story, U'll just go ahead and answer the question straight.
And can u again tell me how doctors 'alterthe course of paramedical career ' or his we are preventing them from getting to their zenith.
The last time I checked no doctor is ing to be DNS or CNO, no doctor is preventing anyone from being a chief pharmacist.
In fact, recently a friend of mine (nurse) working in a FMC, applied for study leave ,and it was granted with pay.

1 Like

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by sainty2k3(m): 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
joker5180: we went on strike, they complained and now we suspended the strike but they are all over our thread abusing us. pls get life for yourselves
On point
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by kelly27(m): 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sunshinelady: . U don't know dese pple? All dey care about is money money money, d patients can die for all they care (but God no go gree)

Abi? If I were you, I will never go to hospital to see a doctor whenever I'm sick.

4 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
sainty2k3:
*smiles* of course they'll know, just been sacarstic
. There he goes again, dude, are u a medical or native Dr? Dat last word, is dat d right spelling? Omo u get degree 4 grammatical blunders no vex o, just an observation
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by McStoic(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
sainty2k3:
If u can actually tutor me then u won't need this story, U'll just go ahead and answer the question straight.
And can u again tell me how doctors 'alterthe course of paramedical career ' or his we are preventing them from getting to their zenith.
The last time I checked no doctor is ing to be DNS or CNO, no doctor is preventing anyone from being a chief pharmacist.
In fact, recently a friend of mine (nurse) working in a FMC, applied for study leave ,and it was granted with pay.
Clap for yaself.
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
rhymz: seriously, if you are a Doc, you need further training on how you manage people and situations because you are very naive and see every issues as an ailment whose only solution is strike.

In case it has not occurred to you, the doctors are now the ones at the disadvantaged position of negotiations, it is now about getting their jobs back not all that trivial nonsense about power struggle in FG hospitals management and administration and needless nomenclature ego fights amongst colleagues.

Government has effectively cut the oversized ego of these doctors to size. I like the way they ended the negotiations and suspended the residency program, that was a master stroke and a game changer...... Let's see how an unemployed Resident doctor will be concerned with how a pharmacist that has a job choose to address himself.... V
. Tank u
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
njokusboy:

Guy, you think like a clown.... a consultant is an expert in a field, by definition, a consultant is someone who provides expert advice professionally... except you are saying only doctors have the right to become experts...
There is nothing wrong with having a consultant nurse or a consultant pharmacists as long as they have attained a certain level of Expertise...
Look how slow you are, the lab scientists test for illnesses not Doctors, I remember how I almost died in 2009 because one doctor was just assuming diseases that were not there, it was until I went for a proper checkup that I realized I'd been treating the wrong sickness, these days I simply go to the lab, get a test result and proceed to the pharmacy... pharmacists make those drugs, mind you.... not doctors..
All this chestbeating is complete nonsense, everyone is equally important in the Medical Field, the Doctors' resolve to suppress and subjugate other medical practitioners is really misguided... The main grouse I have with these doctors is that 90% of them attended Federal Government Institutions, meaning, they were basically trained for FREE, did you get that, TRAINED FOR FREE... As student, they are already earning more than most workers in the civil service yet they come and start talking Trash... Let them not suspend the strike so people can keep dying, it's a business venture, the Hippocratic oath doesn't mean Jack.. Profit is the optimum goal, most of them have private Hospitals where they charge exorbitant prices anyway...
. 50likes
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Cityguy: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
rhymz: What a very misleading claim. Very misleading. The so-called medical history is mostly results from lab tests the doctor use in evaluating the patient. There is no such thing as a medical history without proper lab tests and results from such. So please slow your roll, everyone is equally as important don't try to make it look like a doctor is the alpha and omega in the treatment of patients, they won't even work without confirmations from lab test results. You obviously do not know what you are talking about or are exaggerating the importance of a doc.
JISOS!!! Laugh wan kill me for here ooooo. I gbadun u die my friend. U've got the gift. Something funny when I needed one! Thanks mehnnnn. Hahahahahahaha......

1 Like

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by sainty2k3(m): 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sunshinelady: . There he goes again, dude, are u a medical or native Dr? Dat last word, is dat d right spelling? Omo u get degree 4 grammatical blunders no vex o, just an observation

Lol , native doctor o. If that makes u happy cos from ur post up there, I observed u are about to commit suicide

4 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
ficoram:

If he thinks like a clown i bet u process information at the
level of your caudal equina, i dont usually like to trade word on forum with people on issue bothering on disharmony in the health sector,but it is just painful when people come on board to make unsubstanciated submissions all in the name of making a point,
1. You alluded to the fact that doctors were TRAINED FOR FREE in fedral government universities....i want to put it to you that you lied. I can remember that back then in school we were even made to pay more than other students.
2. ...that pharmacist made those drugs and not the doctors,hmmm... where did you get such information from?.I just hope you have not been polluting young minds with such ill-thought information,by that i mean you should re-evaluate whatever purullent you have been feeding your wards,if you are old enough to have any.
3....that you almost died in 2009 save for the intervention of the lab scientist who performed a test that saved your life?.Dont worry your death my just be lurking around your corridor if you do not change this your BARBARIC HEALTH BEHAVIOR.

4.Finally i want you to know this, incase you have being mis-informed by desperate johesu members that they are subjugated and not allow to attain the highest level of professionalism.That no one has ever stop them from progressing,that the johesu can not just stand the aura of a physician consultant,thence they want to be one too,just like the nigerian police that now move about in camouflage uniform. what happens to being chief scientist,chief pharmacist and CNO?...uhh,you begin to wonder what inferiority complex can make people become.
. Don't be du.mb, chief scientist or chief pharmacist is quite different from consultant scientist, consultant pharmacist etc. 'Consultancy' is gotten from post graduate studies (AKA residency), & NMA is fighting post graduate schools for other health professionals, go & ask if u aint informed. Dey want to reach d peak of their career while tryin to stop others from doin same.

4 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
McStoic: Guy park well joor! Stop trying to sound bogus, you only end up confusing others with this fake grandiose of yours. Cooking up and spraying amorphous staccato of naivety on the pie and pudding of stagnated medical expertise ain't gonna aid your cause. I wonder why you lot get perpetually done in by the belief that some experts somewhere are cowed in awe of your profession. Guess you are among those village exports who take to allopathy as a status symbol? Psychologically, a man reflects his state of mind by his hasty allusions. By that, i mean how you guys think everyone admires being a doctor. What's special in having to wait on government to support me financially before I can be useful to myself? One of the untold reasons for joketors,....errm doctors unending squabbles with other health professionals is the golden fact that others make it easier in life in shorter time than you lot who clearly do not.

Quit thinking that everyone kowtows, gets overwhelmed or even admires working in disease infested environment when i can be an enterpreneur or make my hit somewhere without much blood and flesh keeping me company. I have about 5 doctors in my lineage and believe you me, they do not get puffed up like some of you do. Pls entertain me carefully next time.
. Lmao @ 'joketors' grin

1 Like

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
njokusboy:

And you are a MEDICAL DOCTOR, seems the only thing you guys know is performing operations and treating people... you can't even keep up with a logical debate..

First of all, as a student of any federal government institution, your Tuition is basically free, ask expatriates how much they pay to study medicine and you would understand... If u didn't go through a private university, you don't have the right to argue.. I know you buy those fat test books and other instruments, which are quite expensive, but would you mind telling us your state of origin so I can tell this people how much you received from your state Government? Look Mr, Nigerians are no longer the gullible people of yester years...

(2) secondly, drugs are produced by pharmaceutical industries, you do not have the required training to make them... your instruments, thermometers, stethoscope etc were produced by Biomedical Engineers... you cannot make them can you... without these people, your practice is actually useless isn't it? can you prove otherwise?

(3) BARBARIC HEALTH BEHAVIOUR?? Ur colleague almost killed me in 2009, if I hadn't gone for proper diagnosis, I'd prolly be dead by now... Oga stop being sentimental.. it's the job of the lab scientist to test your blood to find out the actual cause of a disease since many diseases have similar symptoms, so most times when you doctors prescribe drugs without proper tests, you are infact just guessing... Am I wrong?
Finally, I am no JOHESU sympathizer, but I have been to hospitals, I have seen how you guys dismiss the prescriptions of the pharmacists on several occasions, I have seen how you stubbornly go about prescribing drugs and assuming against the advice of the lab scientists... Bros, we know all these things.. if a pharmacist with adequate work experience cannot become a consultant, then I wonder what obtains, since when were you trained to become become a minister of health which is actually a diplomatic position? Are Pharmacists, nurses and lab scientists not Health Workers? Those are political positions... The minister of aviation is not even a pilot... same for most other ministries.... you lot are just a greedy, ungrateful bunch...
smart comment, u need an award
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by thegeneral84: 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
rhymz: Am sorry to say this but your argument is at best childish and touches the core of what this is all about; misplaced sense of importance and abilities, Nigerian doctors especially the ones just starting out always comes of with this arrogant air of being super intelligent and important than everyone else.
What exactly is the import of all this lengthy explanation to prove that a doctor can work independently with or without input of a Lab scientist
Don't you see how arrogant and defensive you sound? Trying so hard to downplay the importance and relevance of other professionals just so you can look high and mighty in the eyes of the un-derscening public.....

Whether you like to admit it or not, no one professional in the health sector can arrogate to himself the knowledge to do it all or work independently, that is bullshyte and you know this. Everybody has very key roles they play in the treatment and management of patients, a doctor can not do the job of a lab scientist or a radiologist or a pharmacist, so please save us the lengthy anecdotes, everyone is very important, simple.

I never said other people weren't important. What brought this up was a poster who said he always go to lab for a test whenever he is sick and then off to pharmacy and skips seeing a doctor. Or are you among those who would encourage such health behavior in a bid to downplay the importance of doctors?
A lot of people do just that. So can't I try to use this means to educate the public on that issue with convincing examples? Or are any of the examples I stated previously wrong?
It's already well known by everyone that lab tests are needed for managing illnesses BUT now I added " NOT IN ALL CASES". So that next time someone visits a doctor and the doc didn't order for a test, s/he won't automatically assume that the doctor is guessing or whatever but would rather ask the doctor to explain why s/he didn't order for a lab test. Same thing happens for injections (people thinking that if they haven't been given an injection, then they were not given the "real" treatment) but that's for another day.
I would say this, every health professional is important. I won't comment on the importance of other health professionals (besides the doc) on the grounds that whatever I would say would be misconstrued by already-prejudiced persons to mean an insult to other health professions.
In the UK, every family is required to register under a family physician and not under any other health professional. Nobody there ever took up arms challenging that.

8 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by likita27: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
thegeneral84:
I'm most certain the tests you request for yourself are usually malaria and typhoid (widal) tests, maybe a sugar and urine test and you think you've got it all covered. Hope you know Widal test has been abandoned since the 1990s because its result is ambiguous? You obviously haven't been really sick because then, you will discovered how incomplete and not-so-useful those tests would be without a proper medical history(which is elucidated by Doctors because a patient may think a symptom is not relevant to the illness but a Doctor tallies all those together). To further demonstrate the place of lab tests in a patients management; ideally (eg in exams) a Doctor should not interpret a lab result unless s/he has a medical history of the said patient. Also, a lab result which is not in keeping with the clinical state of the patient ( as assessed by the Doctor) is either rejected or repeated. The above examples are standards of clinical practice. Thus, the lab result is just an aid to the Doctor's clinical assessment and NEVER a replacement to clinical assessment. In situations where lab results and clinical assessment contradict each other, clinical assessment supervenes.
Thanks my brother,the level of training is incomparable,those lab guys use to chant about two years ago that patients should do lab test first before seeing their doctors. but I guess someone alerted them to their folly, ego in the nigerian health sector is what is causing this strife here and there,has any of our Johesu kindred ever wondered why doctors having been the only ones heading WHO,the doctors is trained. holistically, it's not pride the doctor is meant to coordinate everything.The doctor(pharmacologist) designs the drug, in the lab he interprets the results taking the clinical history

2 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
rhymz: Am sorry to say this but your argument is at best childish and touches the core of what this is all about; misplaced sense of importance and abilities, Nigerian doctors especially the ones just starting out always comes of with this arrogant air of being super intelligent and important than everyone else.
What exactly is the import of all this lengthy explanation to prove that a doctor can work independently with or without input of a Lab scientist
Don't you see how arrogant and defensive you sound? Trying so hard to downplay the importance and relevance of other professionals just so you can look high and mighty in the eyes of the un-derscening public.....

Whether you like to admit it or not, no one professional in the health sector can arrogate to himself the knowledge to do it all or work independently, that is bullshyte and you know this. Everybody has very key roles they play in the treatment and management of patients, a doctor can not do the job of a lab scientist or a radiologist or a pharmacist, so please save us the lengthy anecdotes, everyone is very important, simple.

. Am tellin u. I didn't even bother readin d long jagons, I just scrolled down shaperly, I don't hav time to listen to som1 so desperately tryin to prove an obvious untruth
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
McStoic: Before I tutor you, can you first of all tell me why other paramedical students should sponsor themselves in their post graduates while the FG sponsors you lot in your updates and medical exams? Expound to me while you deem it fit that the FG should take orders from temporary staff like you lots on how to remunerate the permanent staffs in our health sector? Do the US which you people call upon as the international standard pay for everything our government bequeaths you guys? What right have you people to alter the course of another paramedical's career ala telling them how to or not reach the zenith of their profession?

The above will do for now. Clarify me substantially on these anomalies and you have your lecture; thank you.
. Nice
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Cityguy: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
drobadebayo: If FG could sack the residents,i wonder why it won't sack the whole of JOHESU wen d tym finally comes.
It would be suicidal for anyone to try it. Govt purportedly suspended residency training and still urged the residents to come, work and still collect their salary. I wonder if govt would have any reason to do same for a sacked JOHESU member o. U go on strike, u kiss your lifeline goodbye be that o. Abo oro laa so fun omo'luwabi.

1 Like

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by phantom(m): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
Cityguy:
It would be suicidal for anyone to try it. Govt purportedly suspended residency training and still urged the residents to come, work and still collect their salary. I wonder if govt would have any reason to do same for a sacked JOHESU member o. U go on strike, u kiss your lifeline goodbye be that o. Abo oro laa so fun omo'luwabi.

grin.. shebi JOHESU don postpone their strike. nobody tell them na.

3 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
kelly27:

Abi? If I were you, I will never go to hospital to see a doctor whenever I'm sick.
I don't 'go to a doctor' , I go to the hospital, where I will be attended to by; a doctor(s), nurse(s), lab scientist(s), pharmacist(s). I can't go to a hospital wit 50 doctors & no lab scientist, nurse, or pharmacist. & btw, if a dr (or any other health worker) is sick, dey still need to b treated by all dese pple I mentioned, not just only d dr, only d scientist or only d pharmacist. Tank u

6 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Sunshinelady(f): 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
sainty2k3:
Lol , native doctor o. If that makes u happy cos from ur post up there, I observed u are about to commit suicide
. angry Over ur blunders? ..no dear
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by likita27: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
thegeneral84:
I'm most certain the tests you request for yourself are usually malaria and typhoid (widal) tests, maybe a sugar and urine test and you think you've got it all covered. Hope you know Widal test has been abandoned since the 1990s because its result is ambiguous? You obviously haven't been really sick because then, you will discovered how incomplete and not-so-useful those tests would be without a proper medical history(which is elucidated by Doctors because a patient may think a symptom is not relevant to the illness but a Doctor tallies all those together). To further demonstrate the place of lab tests in a patients management; ideally (eg in exams) a Doctor should not interpret a lab result unless s/he has a medical history of the said patient. Also, a lab result which is not in keeping with the clinical state of the patient ( as assessed by the Doctor) is either rejected or repeated. The above examples are standards of clinical practice. Thus, the lab result is just an aid to the Doctor's clinical assessment and NEVER a replacement to clinical assessment. In situations where lab results and clinical assessment contradict each other, clinical assessment supervenes.
Thanks my brother,the level of training is incomparable,those lab guys use to chant about two years ago that patients should do lab test first before seeing their doctors. but I guess someone alerted them to their folly, ego in the nigerian health sector is what is causing this strife here and there,has any of our Johesu kindred ever wondered why doctors having been the only ones heading WHO,the doctors is trained. holistically, it's not pride the doctor is meant to coordinate everything.The doctor(pharmacologist) designs the drug, and gives it to the pharmaceutical company to make commercially, in the lab he interprets the results taking the clinical history into consideration,that is what our Johesu brothers don't know,it's 7 up, recently a lab scientist got a job in UK.the guy is in histopathology,the hospital. told him to come back to Nigeria so consultant histopathologist could fill a form and sign that our brother knows how to make slides, yet our lab scientist in Nigeria will the consultant can not supervise them,that is oyibo for, u,best practices,let us proud of our chosen fields,Nigeria is the only place non doctors will be called doctors and they won't be corrected. in the UK the lab scientist gets to be a consultant awarded by the royal college of pathologists,the pay is never the same,please google it if in doubtbut our people here pulled out of MDCN guys let peace reign in Nigeria health sector shalom

PS I am a doctor and in histopathology

2 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by Cityguy: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
dalu: After reading through all the comments all I can say is Nigerians deserve the level of Healthcare they have.. Way too much anger and very much said in ignorance

BUT NO PROBLEMS SOLVED
Truth be told, this acrimony is global but why we don't see as much strike in other climes is because the general populace served are better informed and take it upon themselves in some ways to ensure they keep their docs at work. In Nigeria, reverse is the case cos of ignorance, PHD syndrome and petty considerations. A Nigerian sees issues through his prism of his family members being in a profession or generalise from his experience with one member of an assumed 'enemy' profession. Unfortunately, he submits biased, tainted and unreasonable views which often than not assume delusional dimension. Maybe we'll get there one day but from what obtains here on NL, that might be centuries away.

3 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by sainty2k3(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sunshinelady: . angry Over ur blunders? ..no dear
Copremesis
Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by drobadebayo: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
McStoic: Hahahahaha......wake up from your NARD induced illusions already. As it were, you guys have been the government's pet project, while being unappreciative of the fact that the residency program was designed to favour you all. Power has just changed hands, key into the present and stop perambulating in surrealism. It's a common knowledge that JOHESU are not greedy. They seek for what is attainable and pragmatic unlike you comedians.

For instance, if JOHESU were to proceed on any strike now, I can simply tell you in advance that one of the reasons would be to be treated equally in terms of residency program. As in sponsoring every concerned health personnel across board. This already is rational in itself. While at that, get it into your understanding that JOHESU are more credible than you all due to the fact that they are a recognized union. Being affiliated to the NLC renders their actions extra solid. Cue in to the fact that JOHESU are permanent staffs unlike you students who are still totally dependent on the government.

Dunno why you some of you so called doctors hate thinking rationally. I hate to always remind myself that you guys are supposed to be well informed.
Bro are u this pained?well my point is if what just happened means the tails of doctors hv bin clipped,we could as well say the same about JOHESU.Unless we join hands,we ll neva really get anything out of this government.
I won't stoop so low to exchange words with u sire,because your comment sire smells of beef.Not gonna give u d satisfaction of venting your anger on me.#staycalm and smile sire,it's not a war zone,its an hospital.

2 Likes

Re: NMA suspends strike.....Live Update Of NMA Emergency Delegate Meeting At Abuja. by McStoic(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
phantom:

grin.. shebi JOHESU don postpone their strike. nobody tell them na.

Ur username bails you out there. Cos I know you are not to be taken seriously. N.B: JOHESU are monitoring negotiations and biding their time which is what a wise union would normally do. For the umpteenth time, JOHESU are monitoring negotiations and biding their time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

7 Exercises That Will Transform Your Body / Taiwan Man Suffers Painful Erection For A Week, Has Half Of Joystick Amputated / Nigerian Man Mourns As His Wife Dies 11 Days After Their Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.