Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

WAEC Failure: Fashola Advocates ICT Teaching Methods, Review Of Curriculum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAEC Failure: Fashola Advocates ICT Teaching Methods, Review Of Curriculum (829 Views)

Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians / Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum / Fashola Advocates Shedding Of Unitary Powers By The Centre For Nation’s Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAEC Failure: Fashola Advocates ICT Teaching Methods, Review Of Curriculum by NewDelhi(m): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State yesterday said there is need for urgent adoption of improved and exciting teaching methods in schools, saying “this will enhance the performance of the students’ future West African Secondary School Certificate Examination, WASSCE.”
This came a week after the West Africa Examination Council; WAEC released the 2014 WASSCE with 31.28 percent of the students obtained credits in five (5) subjects and above, including English Language and Mathematics.
Fashola who made the observation at the opening of a three-day retreat for the state `s Executive council and Permanent Secretaries in Lagos tagged “Up-scaling the processes and benefits of e-governance in Lagos, added that the comprehensive review of schools curriculum to include more practical’s that could help stimulate their learning.
The governor, who lamented that the mass failure of students recorded in the current WASSCE result released by the WAEC, said that the use of teaching methods that were not appealing to students was one of the major causes of mass failure.
According to him, “the present generation of students wants learning to be fun and so will learn better with exciting teaching methods and tools like computers.”
He added that the present generation of students were averse to rigid method of learning, and would prefer the use of Information Communication Technology, ICT which they are conversant with.
The governor said ‘’Performance in WASSCE can be improved with better teaching methods. We need to understand that the present generation of students do things more on-line and less with paper. We need to teach our students in line with these realities. We need to employ methods that they find appealing and would make them learn better.”
The governor opined that the state had recorded impressive results in the WASSCE in the past few years, attributing the improved performance to the provision of improved teaching and learning infrastructure.
Fashola said while the 2014 result for the state was still being awaited, he is optimistic that it would be better than last year`s result.
He stated that there is need for review the country’s national life, saying things that were no-longer relevant to the present realities could be phased out
The governor explained that the retreat was organized to review government`s performance and strategize for better service delivery.
Fashola noted that budget performance in the state had been impressive, assuring that government would continue to do its best to raise the state`s level of development.
Re: WAEC Failure: Fashola Advocates ICT Teaching Methods, Review Of Curriculum by greaterlove(m): 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
Fashola you are loosing me here, you are the Governor of lagos state, why haven't you implemented this in lagos schools? undecided
Re: WAEC Failure: Fashola Advocates ICT Teaching Methods, Review Of Curriculum by egift(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
- It seems the more people WAEC and NECO fail the more they brag for supremacy.
- Our educational system is also running down the hill. Both the curriculum and educational facilities, require adequate attention.
- Nigerian youths are not inclined to academics as before. Also there are many distraction.
- The government should do more to provide basic necessities and improve the livelihood of Nigerians to reduce the pressure on everyone trying very hard to carter to daily meals.
- Culturally, as a nation, we need to discourage the desperation for wealth. Fight corruption, reward service/selflessness and encourage creativity.

Nigerians need to imbibe and emphasize the fact that "a good name is better than riches".
Re: WAEC Failure: Fashola Advocates ICT Teaching Methods, Review Of Curriculum by jennylove7575(f): 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
newdelhi is the owner of gowonabacha profile both are same people they are thief, scammers. they have up to five usernames...Gowonabacha You people are a fraud a big yahoo yahoo boy. After giving you my bb pin you think you can dupe me.
When I met you on naira land I thought you are a very nice lad. It turned out that you are a fraud. You opened this new account just to con ladies on nairaland. After which, you will be quick to accuse them that they are men. Don’t you ever ring my phone again. Don’t call me to tell me about your sick mother, I am not interested I don’t want to know. You are a very bad boy. You just choose the wrong victim. You think you can dupe me. People like you should never be on naira land you are a fraud looking for vulnerable women to prey on. God don catch you. Time to let the world knows what you truly are. i have blocked you from my bb and whatsapp. You are a fraud. All the ladies in the house beware gowonabacha is a scammer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa Gubernatorial Election: Pdpdisqualifies Acting Governor Fintiri / thread for those that have lost hope in this nation / 10 Signs We Are Headed Into World War III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.