Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,517 members, 7,816,252 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Akute-Alagbole Road Re-construction: My Thoughts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akute-Alagbole Road Re-construction: My Thoughts (1374 Views)

Rivers To Spend N30bn Loan On Roads Rehabilitation, Re-construction / Re-construction Of Ijebu-ode Road: Ogun Governor Bows To Common Sense / 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akute-Alagbole Road Re-construction: My Thoughts by jimoesi: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
My area is in the Akute area of Ogun state. Currently there is a road construction going on. It runs from ojokoro through to Akute, Alagbole and down to Berger emptying into the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. When completed the road should boost exchange between Ogun state and Lagos state and also foster the Lagos-Ogun mega city initiative. The construction work has made commuting in the area very difficult.
Although I agree that "it first get messy before it gets marvelous" I also think that the people should not be made to suffer undue hardship during a laudable project like this one. The old road was bulldozed off, houses where demolished,drainages where destroyed to make room for the new one. Akute has four major route out into lagos, two of these are the ones been reconstructed, the denro- Ishashi route is another while the Ajuwon-Iju Isaga is the fourth. Before now, the only motorable routes out of Akute were the two paths I mentioned earlier currently undergoing construction work and the Ajuwon-Iju Isaga. The denro-Ishashi road is a no-go for motorist.
Thus the only surviving option out of akute for the over one thousand motorist traveling in and out of Akute and other areas around is the route through the popular Grail Movement area. Unfortunately, the road has gone bad. Thanks to the the rains with the attendant flooding. A part of the road has been eroded and is threatening to pull away under the tared road. So motorists take turns to drive pass the eroded part causing enormous traffic chaos. Long hours of waiting till you get a chance to move plus the hooting of commercial buses are some of the things that would readily discourage u from wanting to take this path.But do we have a choice?
I think the least the government of Ogun (though the contractors In charge of the road reconstruction ) is to help fix this spot now before it gets out of hand and we are trapped indefinitely. The denro road should also be graded/leveled every now and then to create an alternative route to ease the burden on one road while the construction is ongoing.This is the least sane thing to do. And though they are seen to only grade paths for its machines to move on,the construction company also should be more community-friendly as to help grade/level parts of the road where smaller,everyday cars use,which may have been damaged by erosion,as long as it safe to do so.
Even though this is a project dear to the hearts of the people of akute and environs and by extension the people of Ogun state, it need not make life unbearable for us. It is only the living that can enjoy the fruits of their labour.
Re: Akute-Alagbole Road Re-construction: My Thoughts by mogentle(m): 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
@Op, nice observation and suggestion. I believe the governor will surely do something about it if such info got to him. Message them on Ogun Indicator FB page or call the State govt hotline been announced on OGBC(i dont have it)

(1) (Reply)

How Modu Sheriff Sponsored Boko Haram By Femi Falana (SAN) / Is This Truly Abubakar Shekau See The Picture Of The Dead Body Here. / PHOTO: Goat Removes Atiku Abubakar Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.