Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks (30540 Views)

Pay Your Gospel Musicians / Piano Tutorials For Sale For Gospel Musicians At Affordable Class / Gospel Musicians: This Post Is For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by barrysome001: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
For me....
5. Cobhams ;"Singing bless be the Lord,through all my trials and troubles....."(don't know the actual title of that song),Ordinary people.
4. Lara George: keeper of my dreams,ko ma si,dansaki e.t.c
3. Shola Allyson Obaniyi: Imoore worship,Baba Ese,Olorun kii seebi e.t.c
2. Tope Alabi: Agbelebu(this song is for me Antie Tope's best song....#loaded),Angeli mi,koso ba bire,e.t.c
1. Frank Edwards: I see Him,Let it rain,angels on the runway,ogenedoh,imela,Ebube and others....this Frank Edward is highly endowed I must say,truth to God!
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by ask4bk(m): 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Still no Christian song has had more impact in Nigeria than AKANCHANWA of NJIDEKA OKEKE.

it was sang around all corners of the country.

Even a fulani guy rearing 65 cattle was singing Akanchanwa in the bush.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Vixen101(f): 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
Donfamous: are u now a Christian?
Modified: k'ore is loaded with lyrics the guy who sings in igbo and yoruba fluently apart from English. but the problem is that is songs can't be scored and sang in church,cos he often says things u can't understand, and the beat are studio beats and often break a beat. But this guy is the boss presently
. You opened a thread and people are commenting, why are you asking them questions like that?
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by nairalforlaughs: 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
Donfamous: u are right to some extent, but I've not heard from Nathaniel bassey apart from Imela, so I can't judge from only one track, but I know more of kore's music. But will advice u to listen to are u ready in his latest album and want to be like Jesus.

He has other tracks, one of them is "Someone's at the Door"
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Zillight: 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
julybaba: what's the title of his latest album.

Noah
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by ineriteitee: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
famousdee: 5. tope alabi: all her songs are great

4. Panem percy paul: all his tracks

3. Frank edward: beautiful, where we belong, etc

2. Sinach: holyghost party, nobody like our God, blessed etc

1. Chris Delvan: this guy is something else from Yahweh u are glorious, El lylon, hmm hmm etc. I love his songs

Pls i 'll like 2 have some of delvan's songs if u have dem, that guy is something else,don't know where 2 get his songs
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sinach - grateful
Frank Edwards - rocktown anthem
Lara George - fig tree
Samsung -if God is dead
Chris Morgan -yahweh
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by UnknownT: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
Dia is dis yoruba song that silverbird tv plays, the title 'David's song' it goes like dis ''Ani Jesu boko haram.........'' gringrin . I just love the song, have bin looking for a link to download d mp3
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Meekmind(m): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
Frank edwards does it for me, anyday, anytime...I played to his "mma mma's" song @ church as worship 2day and i went gaga on drums immediately d lead vocal sang it....and sinach follows suit...I SO MUCH LOVE ALL FRANK EDWARDS SONG
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by niggereyez(f): 5:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
5 indigenous artists who's songz minister to me specially are...
1) Amaka Okwuoha (AKA Chioma Jesus)
2) Chinyere Udoma
3) Sinach
4) Gozie Okeke (Akanchawa)
5) Frank Edwards
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by cuteposhy(f): 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
Most of the gospel songs in nigeria are pure entertainment however, artistes like panam percy paul, sinach, nathaniel bassey are among the few singers i respect.

2 Likes

Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by bong4(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
Funniez: Make I book space first, I go comment when they start winning souls for God 2ru dia musics.

Sinach anyday, anytime. She plays in the realm with Don Moen and the like. She practically downloads songs from heaven. Just listen to 'my faith', 'great are you Lord'. If not that it's gospel, she should be winning grammies. Go to youtube and type sinach and listen. You'l indeed be blessed.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by bong4(m): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
Elantracey:
Sinach - grateful
Frank Edwards - rocktown anthem
Lara George - fig tree
Samsung -if God is dead
Chris Morgan -yahweh

grateful by sinach simply brings tears to my heart. Glorious God by Elijah (forgotten the surname) is another hit.
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by pheesayor(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Tope Alabi (got 8 out of her 10 albums)
Bukky Bekes (RCCG mass choir)
Gbenga Adenuga (in search of his albums)
Wale Adenuga
C&S Movement Surulere choir (from 80s/90s)
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by pheesayor(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
tabaralph: 70% of all these gospellers are bloody hypocites especially the most popular yoruba lady among them am not mentioning name,they preach one thing and doing direct opposite ,,,,i know what am talking about !!!!!

Focus on the message and not their lives, they are human and are not immune from falling. Only God is perfect.

I know you're referring to Tope Alabi, whatever we heard about her doesn't affect her messages. Focus more on the message than the messenger.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Larrey(f): 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
GboyegaD: My favorite indigenous gospel musicians are:
Baba Ara, Cherubim and Seraphim Movement Church (Ayo Ni O), Tope Alabi, ECWA Yoruba Choir etc.
do u attend AYO NI O?
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Simitrendy: 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
Donfamous: Hello peeps I just wish to emulate some of our gospel artistes, I must confess they are really trying. Well to digress further here are my top four musicians count down.

5. sinach . A great vocalist, whose song has inspired many, "I am who God says I am, is like the song is purposely meant for me, what about 'awesome God, more of you' in conclusion this woman is bomb.

4. Tope alabi well very controversial these recent times but I must. tell you she has this talent that is indisputable, her album are always tight, she has produced more music than any gospel artiste in Nigeria, though she sings in yoruba dialect but she's good in what she's doing.
I got to a stage that I dint and couldn't even pick my best tracks from her music, but I can't forget the likes of 'ji irawo, opin irinajo, Jesu olurapada, certificati, funmilayo' etc this woman is too much

3. Lara George this woman is good, she gat the voice, talent and the style that keeps her going, I can't forget tracks like "komasi, dansaki, kolebaje, etc" but it seems are songs are not as interesting. And powerful as before, (my opinion) and don't forget this hit song "ijoba orun," its a great song.

2.Franklin Edwards great producer and song write, can't also forget hits like "you tOo they bless me o, ome ma e, alcatraz blues and the great great great imamma" , the song is very powerful as u also know.

1. Kenny k'ore guess this guy deserve a special seat, men this guy is "too good" he raps, sings and even chants, his first album was like a bomb, don't like disunity o but I think he's now better off than when he wes in infinity group, the way he stops and plays back is a gift on is own, guess I'm his biggest fan lol. But my best tracks in his first album is "eledumare, somore, hallelujah ft in kis image, bebelube, believe, psalm 23, ordinary man, etc." but in his latest album, I listened to the album more than two times in a day I mean the whole tracks, none of it is ever dulling, well lemme list some too ' kuluso( very very captivating listen to it first and thank me later if u av not) motiri, blind man guitar, are u ready, nibo, dream of the end, be like Jesus etc. Must say this guy is the bomb. Thanks let's see urs.
Waoh! Nice 1
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by shegzee43: 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
Boblanre: 1. Frank Edwards (Most of his songs)
2. Nathaniel Bassey (Imela)
3. Flo (Tuale)
4. Sinach (Because You Live)
5. Solomon Lange (Albarku)
Check out Yabo by Solomon Lange
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Donfamous(m): 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Simitrendy: Waoh! Nice 1
thnx boss
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Donfamous(m): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
nairalforlaughs:

He has other tracks, one of them is "Someone's at the Door"
ok thanks for that I'll try to download it, any one else?
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Donfamous(m): 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
Vixen101: . You opened a thread and people are commenting, why are you asking them questions like that?
what is bad in that. Just joking with his moniker, besides he was asking for where to download not listing his fav. So I c nothing in that though
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Donfamous(m): 7:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
abdulslutsky:
Thank God for you tubewink
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Simitrendy: 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
Donfamous: thnx boss
pls except gospelcentric.com whre can i dwnld xtian sngs
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by daveP(m): 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
Donfamous: u are right to some extent, but I've not heard from Nathaniel bassey apart from Imela, so I can't judge from only one track, but I know more of kore's music. But will advice u to listen to are u ready in his latest album and want to be like Jesus.
okay even tubidy.mobi have nathaniel bassey's songs- knocking at the door, and is my name in the book of life.

Wana see more of FLO, and mike
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by daveP(m): 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
pheesayor:

Focus on the message and not their lives, they are human and are not immune from falling. Only God is perfect.

I know you're referring to Tope Alabi, whatever we heard about her doesn't affect her messages. Focus more on the message than the messenger.
focus more on the message than the messenger? Really. Rem this is what they use to know which is true and fake. Talk about filthy fountains producing pure and absolutely clean water- now thats impossible. They arent jst singers, its a ministry. Thus Bola Are stand perfectly out in that regard. The messenger matters as much as the message. Ce fini.
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by olayincar(m): 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
lirusehn: Tope Alabi is a no no

Are u gentiles?
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Donfamous(m): 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
daveP: okay even tubidy.mobi have nathaniel bassey's songs- knocking at the door, and is my name in the book of life.

Wana see more of FLO, and mike
wait u mean Nathaniel sang 'book of life?' Me no know, I've gat the song tey tey, just doesn't know the singer. Flow is a master but need to c maw of him has u have said, which mike are u talking about, and don't u like Chris Morgan?
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by Donfamous(m): 7:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
Simitrendy: pls except gospelcentric.com whre can i dwnld xtian sngs
someone saif tubidy.mobi but I have not checked that out yet
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by victorazy(m): 8:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
shaboti: Frank edwards is my number one

Samsong ur number 2, Chris Morgan number 3
Re: Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks by amobisaheed(m): 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
lirusehn: She sings trash. sad
May God forgive you. Her music is inspiring. I don't know what you mean by trash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Word For Today / Pastor Taiwo Odebiyi Sets Lady On Fire During Special Prayer / God Fearing Pastor Needed (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.