Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

How I Got to the Hot Seat - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How I Got to the Hot Seat (29542 Views)

Checkout All The Hot Movies Coming In 2016 / Y'all Got To See This Trailer.......Naija, We Doing It Big!! / Apprentice Africa Omar On The Hot Seat! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by fajani(m): 10:36am On Aug 26, 2014
[b]what's my concern[b/]
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 26, 2014
Go phuck totoh dikeh pucsy...wit dat 2m
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by victorazy(m): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2014
zleemshaddy: me dnt get u, xo wu wantz 2 be a millioniare ix nw an igbo bizness, GROW UP

Try and be wise...
He was talking about 419 biz not WWBAM

1 Like

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:39am On Aug 26, 2014
Looked like dude squandered his cash!!
He's now joined the band of internet beggers!!!

grin grin

Sorry if I offended you but u shldnt be begging for alms after winning such a cash around dt time!!

2 Likes

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by tellwisdom: 10:40am On Aug 26, 2014
Foolish poor boi....how much is 2 million? ....Money wey no reach me eat for 2months sad
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by victorazy(m): 10:42am On Aug 26, 2014
ladeni: 1.0 Pathways To The Hot Seat:

If you are playing for the hot seat, you basically have two options. It is either you play using your phone by calling or texting 132 and getting a question to answer with each call or text setting you back N200 each time. Of course, you need to have an MTN line for any business you want to do here.

Or you go to the online site (millionairenigeria.com) and contest with others to place 1st, 2nd or 3rd on a weekly or monthly basis. You qualify to play a game round by texting PIN to 345 and you get deducted N100 for 3pins to play the game for each round. Each round basically imitates the normal real-life game except without the money winnings.

Now, let's focus on which of these two paths gets you faster and cheaper to the hot seat shall we?

1.1 Online Game Option:

For the online game option of getting to the hot seat, for each game you play online, you get the score that corresponds to the level you reached which is dependent on the virtual money you won in the online game. No doubt, this is a beautiful way to practice doing well on the hot seat along with the added benefit of, if you score high enough, you get a call to the studios to come play for fastest fingers in order to get to the hot seat.

The problem here however lies in the intense competition this mode of getting to the hot seat involves. Because of the greater certainty this option involves as there is the guaranty that if you score highest in a week or month, you will get called to the studio, a lot of people focus on this as their only way to the hot seat leading to an intensely competitive process.

And like anything truly competitive, it ends up much more than a focus on achieving an objective, but rather a money-guzzling race to place highest in the weekly or monthly rankings leading to people committing enormous sums of money, and of course time, into coming highest on the scoreboard.

While, I was still exploring how to get to the hot seat in 2010, I remember committing N1,000 to have a feel of the online platform. No doubt, the graphics on the website are enticingly beautiful and even the experience of playing the online game makes you feel good.

But never forget your ultimate objective is to get to the hot seat. So, after spending my N1,000 at the rate of 3 pins per N100 equating to 30 pins, I could play the online game 30times.

And inspite of putting in pretty decent performances each of the 30 times I played the online game, after I had exhausted my pins, I was in no way close to breaking into the top-30 for the month and not even a third of the month had gone yet then.

I was left wondering just how much one needed to pour into this online thing to place highest and get a call to the hot seat. The answer would come soon enough. It came when I got my first studio invitation, via the call or text 132 mode, to come play for the hot seat.

As you likely already know, a studio invitation does not guarantee you get to the hot seat. What it means is you are getting invited to come play for the fastest fingers stage with 7 other contestants. You get to sit on the hot seat only if you are the one with the fastest fingers to unscramble a popular phrase or action sequence after you guys get to wave at the guys at home during the introductions

So, before you enter the studio proper, the 8 of you for a particular episode get some time to get to know each other and socialize. It was during this period I then met Charles who had travelled all the way from Port-Harcourt to fulfil his hot seat dreams.

Our paths there had being different though. Charles had gotten there by placing first in one month on the online gaming website. Soon enough we got talking about how challenging it was to get a studio invitation to play for the hot seat. Inevitably, we came to how much was required to top the online game rankings.

And you might want to look away here. It is not for the faint-hearted. Nope, it is not. Charles told me that cumulatively he had spent an eye-popping sum of N150,000 to be the monthly champion and get the invitation to come play for the fastest fingers in the studio.

You can do the math, if 3 pins go for N100, how many pins will go for N150,000? That amounts to 4,500 pins translating into Charles playing the online game 4,500 times to get to the stage with some of us who had not spent close to 10% of what he had spent. You see where an ultra-competitive situation can drive us to?

Let's not even talk about the time he must have had to dedicate to doing this-sleepless nights and all. Because the reality of coming in via the online mode is you are not the only one with money to spend and what gives you the winning edge would have to be doing reasonably well on each of the game rounds you play online.

No doubt this massive practice would have given Charles plenty of experience to count on if he got to the hot seat. Except he did not get to sit on the hot seat. Which not only meant N20,000 was down the drain but also he, unlike me, would not be so eager to play for the hot seat again after expending so much already without success.

By the way, if you are still yet to wrap your head around how much Charles spent online, let me shock you even further. Charles came with a friend, whose name I cannot exactly remember.

But the interesting thing about this friend of Charles was, just like Charles, he was reliant on the online game option to get to the hot seat, and while I was still trying to come to terms with the experience of Charles, he told me that he had cumulatively spent N450,000 in months to try to get to the hot seat but had not yet topped any of the rankings to qualify.

I really do not want to bother you with the mathematics of how many pins he must have bought with the N450,000 or how many times he must have played the online game. If you find your brain wondering though, that is triple that of Charles meaning he had used 13,500 pins to play 13,500 rounds of the online game.

Keep in mind that this was in 2010 when access to internet was a bit more expensive than it is now so the competition would probably have gotten a lot more intense on the online platform.

And even if one manages to get to the hot seat, having spent such huge amounts of money getting there, what is the guaranty your hot seat winnings would actually be a profit on the amount you spent to get there. All it takes is one indiscretion on the hot seat and it might be a goodnight with your tail between your legs as you walk home with a meagre cash of N20,000 having helped fuel the organisers accounts while gaining so little.

I know you do not want all this for you

Neither do I!

So, next time, we will explore a faster and much cheaper option...

To get the complete free Hotseat Life e-book, go right away to:

http://hotseatmillionaire.com/

Iidiot we're not interested.
U've finished ur 2m after years and ur looking for whom to defraud.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Eberex(m): 10:47am On Aug 26, 2014
grin

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by allanphash7(m): 10:47am On Aug 26, 2014
i wanna beleive the op have eyes to see and ears to hear so therefore as an adult who knows what the present economy of the nation is and knows what hes gone through, i strongly beleive that he will not squander the cash and if he does its none of anybody business
godofpc:
It is, cause we young nigerians needs to empower ourselves, make investments that will favour us , not just to be job seekers but to be employer of labour
And to do this , some funds are needed and these funds need to be invested wisely
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 26, 2014
N2m

Smh...
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by 9jatatafo(m): 10:51am On Aug 26, 2014
I think say na Frank Edoho of WWTBAM posted this. For only 2 milla you dey here dey run mouth. What will Prof Aroma do? The man that won a staggering 10 Milla and above all he is a prof. Guy park well jare

1 Like

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2014
elitehowcom: nice one
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by pussygotlips: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2014
rahymat: I dnt nid ur help ma islam forbids gambling
Get the fvckk out of this thread,
Nobody is seeking for your opinion bloody hypocrite

1 Like

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2014
SMH cry ...Nigerians are not good people...BUT there are good people in Nigeria.
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2014
Mtn should raise the stakes to 50 or 100 million and make the questions harder and culturally relevant( why does a Nigerian need to know the third wife of King Henry V?) Only then would triva heads like me start paying attention.
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by 9jatatafo(m): 11:01am On Aug 26, 2014
allanphash7: i wanna beleive the op have eyes to see and ears to hear so therefore as an adult who knows what the present economy of the nation is and knows what hes gone through, i strongly beleive that he will not squander the cash and if he does its none of anybody business
Do you know any investment someone can start with little money?
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by snadguy007(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2014
okaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by victorazy(m): 11:09am On Aug 26, 2014
9jatatafo: Do you know any investment someone can start with little money?

Pepe selling

1 Like

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2014
gift01: How did you get there. Tell us in few lines. Just do a brief conclusion to save 95% of people viewing this
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Vikky014(f): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2014
rahymat: I dnt nid ur help ma islam forbids gambling
bt permits killing,,raping,& sliting the throats of infidels like me!Good religion of peace(islam)
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by souleymon(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2014
sirjohnson: Interesting. So have you finished your 2 M?

PS: You wont believe Two Lesbian Muslim women gets married, blessed by gay Imam + photos, HERE

Are they practising Muslims.You really want traffic to your blog
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Vikky014(f): 11:17am On Aug 26, 2014
pussygotlips:
Get the fvckk out of this thread,
Nobody is seeking for your opinion bloody hypocrite
easy bro(winks)
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by maestroferddi: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2014
God will deliver Nigeria from the forces of avarice.

Corruption and greed everywhere.

Little wonder MTN posts multi-billion naira profit each year.

From what I am reading here, I can deduce that MTN makes,at least, 100 million for every 1 million cheque paid out to a winner.

Dem sabi hoodwink Nigerians no be small.

From time to time they would arrange the so-called charity episodes and pay a couple of million to appear philanthropic.

All na wash...

1 Like

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by 1stola: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2014
And op wrote a book for this?
smh
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 26, 2014
zleemshaddy: me dnt get u, xo wu wantz 2 be a millioniare ix nw an igbo bizness, GROW UP
don't u see pay for e-book do u knows howmany nigerians that have been scammed online paying for ebooks...huh?
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2014
When there lotta important posts that ought to grace frontpage bt no its stupiid posts with scamming intents dat gets to front page. M starting to wonder d level of iq of most of d mods here..
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Vikky014(f): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2014
tellwisdom: Foolish poor boi....how much is 2 million? ....Money wey no reach me eat for 2months sad
lol,.Asorock fellow,hw are u?,dnt mind dt guy 2M is too big for him o
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by ghettodreamz(m): 11:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Infopreneur in disguise cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2014
ghettodreamz: Infopreneur in disguise cheesy
you head is there... I just sent my pal the link. grin grin grin grin grin but no spoil show baba shhhh lipsrsealed it already made front page.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by xtervaganza(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2014
So u won 2million naira for free and now u want yo make another money thru us?

Nonsense
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by allanphash7(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2014
[like how much are we talkin about?quote author=9jatatafo] Do you know any investment someone can start with little money?[/quote]
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by ghettodreamz(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2014
2sExy1: you head is there... I just sent my pal the link. grin grin grin grin grin but no spoil show baba shhhh lipsrsealed it already made front page.

Hahahahaa cheesy

All the best to him.
Re: How I Got to the Hot Seat by Revolva(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
austino71: yoruba guy don start igbo man biz.......hmmmm na wa ooooo for 9ja!!!!

Must u bring tribalism here...omo the guy don wack him2 milla come dey sell e book for us....sha to make more moulah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2022 Week 3 Voting Results & Percentages / BBNaija: Throwback Photos Of Cee-C, Tobi And Anto / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.