Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,708 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site (2210 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / South Africa's ANC Calls Israeli Ambassador To Leave The Country / Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Tsk. I suppose this has something to do with Israel's distrust of NIE reports pertaining to Iran's nuclear program(or designs on a possible future attack who knows?). Israel is scandalous!

I vaguely remember news of a captured US drone being reverse engineered and mass produced by Iran a couple years back. Now they've detected and taken an Israeli stealth drone down despite it being dangerously close to the Nantanz facility by the time they did. Besides having one of the best militaries in the region(along with Turkey), they've consistently shown intelligence capability. The idea that Iran is now going to react by nuking Israel or taking some other radical step is completely unfounded IMO. Iranians are rational chess players, they're not going to overthrow the board.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by seankay(m): 12:28am On Aug 25, 2014
I wonder when Nigeria would have these kinda weapons and the news would be like "Nigeria's president warn citizens to start evacuating Moscow as he orders massive Airstrike on the city"

Make una no vex, I 2 dey weed
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by upko: 1:54am On Aug 25, 2014
Idrismusty97: This isn't your average Palestinian vs Israel brouhaha. Gaza is a very densely populated area roughly the size of Lagos, they used bombs that can hardly kill a cat against Israel while israel used highly sophisticated weapons, bombarding tiny gaza from Land, air and sea! Iran is a different ballgame entirely...Iran have surface to air missiles, they have jets, warships and lot of weapons that can match that of Israel. Iran is a country not a tiny region. Yes! Israel will win Iran in a war but at what costs? Those two countries will completely destroy themselves. Israel last resorts will be the Nukes,If Iran doesn't acquire theirs soon that would give Israel the upper hand. Anyway, Whatever the outcome they would be no winner in reality.
[size=80]It is ok for Hamas to throw bombs into Israel.....but it is a crime for isreal to retaliate by pounding Gaza to rubbles.[/size] grin grin grin
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by upko: 1:59am On Aug 25, 2014
[size=80]Some people are Soulless creatures like their brothers in the ISIS army. So bombs come in various sizes?? grin...hahahaha. I would really like to see a bomb that can hardly kill a cat....To think of the fact that hamas uses rockets that can hardly kill cats against the Jewish state of Israel their sworn enemy grin. Woooow!!! grin[/size]
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2014
"...they used bombs that can hardly kill a cat against Israel while israel used highly sophisticated weapons."

↑ That is just a figurative statement. I use that just to tell you how incomparable is Hamas weapons to Israel. And i believed we have trash these Gaza & Israel topics intensely in the past, I don't want to go back again(Everyone must have been enlightened by now). lets focus on this topic. Thanks
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by skullz: 8:54am On Aug 25, 2014
Idrismusty97: "...they used bombs that can hardly kill a cat against Israel while israel used highly sophisticated weapons."

↑ That is just a figurative statement. I use that just to tell you how incomparable is Hamas weapons to Israel. And i believed we have trash these Gaza & Israel topics intensely in the past, I don't want to go back again(Everyone must have been enlightened by now). lets focus on this topic. Thanks
Bro, both side are fighting a war, it dosent matter if one side is armed with just blunt machetes and the other side armed with 50cal. HMGs. It is still a war provided the intent is to kill each other.......If one side is under-armed, that is their problem.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by upko: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2014
Idrismusty97: "...they used bombs that can hardly kill a cat against Israel while israel used highly sophisticated weapons."

[size=40]Are you forking serious right now!?!...So you telling me it is ok to attack your sworn enemies with small locally made rockets which can infact kill somebody when launched??....but because these rockets don't pack enough juice and they are locally made and crude, Israel should just ignore these attacks and maybe shut down their iron dome and let these crude SMALL rockets kill its citizens.....wake the fork up, its the 21st century, if you go about causing havoc with your supposed small rockets! Then you should be prepared clean up damages caused by Bigger rockets!!.......I don't care what you attack me with! An attack is an attack!!!![/size]
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 9:59am On Aug 25, 2014
@upko & skullz i understand where you are coming from. But Upko you are taking this too far. I'm not saying it is right to fire even an arrow into Israel but it isn't right to put a region in prison like situation either. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. I don't want to start with the history of Gaza blockade or whatever....Like i said before, "we have trash this topic intensely in the past". The Iran vs Israel war will be on a whole new different level. This war is what you would used to measure Israel real strength not a war with a tiny region that don't even have a single plane.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Missy89(f): 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
Adrenaline123: Iran don buy market, any injury inflicted on Israel will agitate the west US UK.
They will surely retaliate.

I won't support any Arab nation to get a nuclear war head.
1. They are radical
2. Terrorists orgs might hijack the facility.

Russia has been causing troubles here and there, 85% of terrorists armory are manufactured by them take for instance the AK's and so one. Russia will always support its allies mainly the Arab world and North Korea on any ground even if they are dpoing wrong. They will always castigate any western policy.
The nuclear facilities Iran claims to have was technology from Russia, thats why Russia supports them concerning oweing a nuclear facility.

You people just talk about what you dont know.
Pakistan has nuclear weapons and they are Muslims, so how many warheads are missing there? You think you can just stroll inside a country and pay to get nukes?

So Russia manufacture AK 47 and share them with extremists? or haven't you heard about what people call the black market? and because most insurgents choose to use the cheapest and most reliable weapon, we should blame the country of origin?

Russia is supporting the Arabs yet killing their own Muslim population is Dagestan ,Chechnya and Ingushetia?
What is wrong in helping another country build a civil nuclear power plant?

Learn about Foreign affairs and stop embarrassing yourself online.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by publicenemy(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Missy89:

Pakistan has nuclear weapons and they are Muslims, so how many warheads are missing there? You think you can just stroll inside a country and pay to get nukes?

So Russia manufacture AK 47 and share them with extremists? or haven't you heard about what people call the black market? and because most insurgents choose to use the cheapest and most reliable weapon, we should blame the country of origin?

Russia is supporting the Arabs yet killing their own Muslim population is Dagestan ,Chechnya and Ingushetia?

ouch...easy. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Adrenaline123(m): 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Missy89:

Hey miss, this is a discussion, anyone has rights to say his/her mind, I made point, counteract my views only, make your suggestions and please don't vituperate my personality.

I still keep my word, Russia is the world's problem. Hope you see short video clips of terrorist actions, they wield nothing else but Russian Kalashnikov's, only. The US has its M model assault rifle, how many insugent orgs have you seen with M4's and M16 rifles or maybe the Isreali Uzi or the German G3. Even if the demand is high, why can't they produce and sell it officially knowing fully well that its a deadly weapon. They go about producing kalashnikov's haphazardly distributing them en masse to whoever they care needs a weapon for whatsoever reason they want it for.
I say this because whenever I watch short clips of insurgents the perform their mayhem with Russian facilities.
Why can't production be controlled and distributed religiously?

Concerning the advanced nuclear machines, I still say that the Arabs don't deserve it because they are very radical. They won't think twice before using it. That the pakistani has theirs does not mean any arab nation which wants theirs too should be given a go ahead chance, just like the it's being done to Iran.

Now that I have given my points did I lambast you? Learn to do constructive arguments devoid of melancholy which won't lead to any verbal unrest.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Missy89(f): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
Adrenaline123:
Hey miss, this is a discussion, anyone has rights to say his/her mind, I made point, counteract my views only, make your suggestions and please don't vituperate my personality.

I still keep my word, Russia is the world's problem. Hope you see short video clips of terrorist actions, they wield nothing else but Russian Kalashnikov's, only. The US has its M model assault rifle, how many insugent orgs have you seen with M4's and M16 rifles or maybe the Isreali Uzi or the German G3. Even if the demand is high, why can't they produce and sell it officially knowing fully well that its a deadly weapon. They go about producing kalashnikov's haphazardly distributing them en masse to whoever they care needs a weapon for whatsoever reason they want it for.
I say this because whenever I watch short clips of insurgents the perform their mayhem with Russian facilities.
Why can't production be controlled and distributed religiously?

Concerning the advanced nuclear machines, I still say that the Arabs don't deserve it because they are very radical. They won't think twice before using it. That the pakistani has theirs does not mean any arab nation which wants theirs too should be given a go ahead chance, just like the it's being done to Iran.

Now that I have given my points did I lambast you? Learn to do constructive arguments devoid of melancholy which won't lead to any verbal unrest.

does Russia build weapons and share it like candy?.There are different types of AK-47 licensed in a lot of countries in the world. even Nigeria has its own variant (OBJ-006) Israel (IMI Galil) Finland (RK 62 76) Poland (Karabinek-granatnik) etc. Not Every AK looking gun is Russian made. they all look alike and you can get them anywhere.

M16 and most of the other NATO guns are not licensed to be mass produced in another country apart from maybe in China or Canada
Insurgents use weapons that can withstand rigorous terrains it is only logical

They wont think twice before using it on who exactly?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Adrenaline123(m): 11:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
Missy89:

does Russia build weapons and share it like candy?.There are different types of AK-47 licensed in a lot of countries in the world. even Nigeria has its own variant (OBJ-006) Israel (IMI Galil) Finland (RK 62 76) Poland (Karabinek-granatnik) etc. Not Every AK looking gun is Russian made. they all look alike and you can get them anywhere.

M16 and most of the other NATO guns are not licensed to be mass produced in another country apart from maybe in China or Canada
Insurgents use weapons that can withstand rigorous terrains it is only logical

They wont think twice before using it on who exactly?

Yes they build them and sell them in large quantities, an excerpt from wiki

"Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47#cite_note-111

You said it has various models from different countries, now let me ask you, who gave out the engineering prototype? Russians knew too well that they have innovated one of the most deadly weapons of all time and they whole-heartedly distributed the engineering procedures to whosoever they want without considering the consequences. Hope you've seen Boko Haram videos, what to they use, Shekau wields Kalashnikov made by the Russians who only care about the wealth.

Another statement culled from wiki

"For these reasons, in the U.S. and Western Europe the AK-47 is stereotypically regarded as the weapon of choice of insurgents, gangsters and terrorists. "

Not only the AK's, what of the RPG anti tank weapon by Russia over 9 miilion circulating the globe, what of the PKM assault rifle, over 1 million in circulation and many other more.

However, concerning the Arab nuclear saga, I said they would not hesitate to use it on their adversaries, Iran being a die-hard Israeli enemy would not hesitate to wipe them off if she acquires one. More comprehensively, I mean they would use it on their enemies because fighting and anarchy run in their blood, Arabs are very sensitive to agitations they can go to any extent to wipe of their enemies. They are ready to die, an Arabian suicide bomber would be elated to handle an Uranium improvised nuclear bomb. They will not use it well. Period!!!
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Missy89(f): 12:10am On Aug 27, 2014
Adrenaline123:
Yes they build them and sell them in large quantities, an exerpt from wiki

"Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47#cite_note-111

You said it has various models from different countries, now let me ask you, who gave out the engineering prototype? Russians knew too well that they have innovated one of the most deadly weapons of all time and they whole heartedly distributed the engineering procedures to whosoever they want without considering the consequences. Hope you've seen Boko Haram videos, what to they use, Shekau wields Kalashnikov made by the Russians who only care about the wealth.

Another statement culled from wiki

"For these reasons, in the U.S. and Western Europe the AK-47 is stereotypically regarded as the weapon of choice of insurgents, gangsters and terrorists. "

Not only the AK's even what of the RPG anti tank weapon by Russia over 9 miilion circulating the globe, what of the PKM assault rifle, over 1 million in circulation and many other more.

However, concerning the Arab nuclear saga, I said they would not hesitate to use it on their adversaries, Iran being a die hard Israel enemy would not hesitate to wipe them off if She acquires one. More comprehensively, I mean they would use it on their enemies because fighting and anarchy run in their blood, Arabs are very sensitive to agitations they can go to any extent to wipe of their enemies.

Good lord!
When i say people should stay away from what they do not know, you said i was being rude.

You expect be to respond to this ?
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Adrenaline123(m): 12:55am On Aug 27, 2014
Missy89:

Good lord!
When i say people should stay away from what they do not know, you said i was being rude.

yes I do expect an answer, convince with your points, change my mindset if am wrong. Thats ethical argument not making my points look mediocre. I asked you a question, yet to get an answer.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Dibiachukwu: 9:36am On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 28, 2014
Missy89:

Good lord!

Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Poll Shows That Idiot, Incompetent,liar Are The Words Used To Describe Trump / Black On Black Hate: Black FBI Director Who Hates Black People / China Begs America Not To Start Nuclear War With North Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.