Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) (75814 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi In Brazil With His Wives (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 25, 2014
emmasege: U got it wrong. How can Oyo be our ancestral home?, who taught you Yoruba history?. U need to re-enrol for a Yoruba class under a sound tutor. Where do u call your ancestral home?, Isn't it where ur Patriach lived/founded. Oduduwa is our Patriach, had only one son- Okanbi who also had seven sons. Oduduwa lived and died in Ife. His seven grandsons spread out to different parts of Yoruba land and Oranmiyan happened to be one of the seven who relocated to Oyo to become Alaafin. Historically, Alaafin is in the same class as Deji of Akure, Oba of Benin, Alake of Egba land among others. Don't compare Oyo with ile-Ife at all. Egbe eye l'eye nwo to o.
In addition to what you just said, The founder of Oyo ile in katunga, present day Niger state, the 1st ruler of Oyo, The 4th king of Ife, 1st of his name, Oranmiyan 1 also died in ife.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tsolz150: 7:47am On Aug 25, 2014
Amu ewu;atonle. Ewu Oshi.. Flatheaded nematode. You are possessed by a retaded ghost..MrToad2011
MrT2011:

Nikita lacha gi anya.

Yoloba mgbeke grin cheesy

The bobo said what is real about your monkey bleaching god grin

Talk again lemme slap off ya ugliness grin
Daughter of chimpanzee cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by okonja(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2014
Iku Baba yeye,
omo iku tii iku oo gbudo paa,
omo ofo tii ofo oo gbudo se.
I gbadun this King's swag.

I knew our Ataoja would soon be swaggalicious like this wink

Good news for smart phone and pc users, you can get the best MTN data plan for your internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N500 for 250mb, N1500 for 1GB...check this out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1817093/mtn-data-cheapest-rate-not

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by RebelLeader15(m): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2014
Emeka71: Nice one though by the Alafin of Oyo. I was at the Ooni of Ife palace at Ile-ife just last 2 weeks on 5th August when some PDP people thought Omisore would win the elections. that Aregbesola will leave office.
this is the problem with freedom of speech, whereby some APC armchair analyst and clueless fools will always drag exiting trend into politics......#
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by remsonik(f): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2014
MsNas: Well, I'm from Oyo State, though from Ibadan (Omo Ibadan and always proud of it grin). The Alaafin of Oyo actually does well in promoting the Yoruba culture a lot. Makes me proud of my Yoruba heritage. Kudos to Oba Lamidi Adeyemi. I've not seen Oba Sijuade out these days that much, wonder why...
The Alaafin sure knows how to enjoy life sha cheesy

But BTW... why is that Olori (King's Wife) as white as that? I'm not bashing her but with the stereotype associated with Yorubas (which is stupid IMO), I cannot for the life of me fathom why some women whiten their skin. She might be naturally light-skinned sha.
Alaafin marry white babes,he marry every year and the queens are so beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by MrT2011(m): 7:55am On Aug 25, 2014
tsolz150: Amu ewu;atonle. Ewu Oshi.. Flatheaded nematode. You are possessed by a retaded ghost..MrToad2011

grin cheesy grin
I AM NOT POSSESSED! cry

WE ARE THE DEVIL IN YOUR PALM kiss

ARE YOU INVITING US THIS EARLY MORNING? smiley
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 25, 2014
Not a yoruba indigene but this is highly commendable..if more African rural or kingdom leaders were doing more of this for their tribes,they will boost tourism and bring money to that part of the nation and it really baffles me when some people dont grasp that logic...guess its the price for living in such an uneducated,un-cultured age
An age when they know more about lil wayne's baby mama and beyounce's songs than they know about themselves and where they are from...lost generation

11 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tonytony208(m): 8:02am On Aug 25, 2014
mecussey: Spending maney...spending maney...spending maney ...spending maney.

you'll have to do better than dat to dampen pple's enthusiasm here. What are your national assembly pple doing? Saving maney..... saving maney....saving maney, right?

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by remsonik(f): 8:07am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Well how a man wants to appear to the public is not the discuss here. We are talking about ideals and agenda in propagating the traditional and customary values of his people. Could his light skin not be due to some skin disorder? Have you thought about it?

Food for thought.
Well you have done well in educating people on this thread. I know alaafin well, I grew up in oyo town and some of his kids were my classmates. As old as he is he's very smart and kind,his english is impeccable,he gets younger and lighter every day. Some says he uses ajidewe. He picks a wife every year,some of them are very young girls with some still in secondary school while he married them. There's another myth that he's using the women for something.
He's a loving father,all his kids live in the palace and he gives them equal opportunity. You won't know their mothers apart when you see them. He visits them on visiting days in secondary school then which happens once a month.

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by LordCenturion(m): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2014
YORUBA is beautiful, ,am proud to be a yoruba, ..YORUBA lewa
Pupo. .....only yoruba politicians want to spoil yoruba image in front of other tribes. ......

Guys, we are BEAUTIFUL

18 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Kcfun(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2014
Our obas don't hv prestige anymore,take a look of one oba @ ondo that beat his wife public which against the custom of the land. So respect for our anymore
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 25, 2014
remsonik:
Well you have done well in educating people on this thread. I know alaafin well, I grew up in oyo town and some of his kids were my classmates. As old as he is he's very smart and kind,his english is impeccable,he gets younger and lighter every day. Some says he uses ajidewe. He picks a wife every year,some of them are very young girls with some still in secondary school while he married them. There's another myth that he's using the women for something.
He's a loving father,all his kids live in the palace and he gives them equal opportunity. You won't know their mothers apart when you see them. He visits them on visiting days in secondary school then which happens once a month.

@ Emboldened,is that not pedophilia?

7 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 8:17am On Aug 25, 2014
emmasege: U got it wrong. How can Oyo be our ancestral home?, who taught you Yoruba history?. U need to re-enrol for a Yoruba class under a sound tutor. Where do u call your ancestral home?, Is it where ur Uncle re-located, colonised, lived and died?, Isn't it where ur Patriach lived/founded? Oduduwa is our Patriach, had only one son- Okanbi who also had seven sons. Oduduwa lived and died in Ife. His seven grandsons spread out to different parts of Yoruba land and Oranmiyan happened to be one of the seven who relocated to Oyo to become Alaafin. Historically, Alaafin is in the same class as Deji of Akure, Oba of Benin, Alake of Egba land among others. Don't compare Oyo with ile-Ife at all. Egbe eye l'eye nwo to o.
yea,agreed I was wrong...I just realised though...I never compared Ile Ife with Oyo,BUT Alaafin and Ooni spiritually and politically aren't gonna be in class! Drag me anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tonytony208(m): 8:21am On Aug 25, 2014
MrT2011:

Nikita lacha gi anya.

Yoloba mgbeke grin cheesy

The bobo said what is real about your monkey bleaching god grin

Talk again lemme slap off ya ugliness grin
Daughter of chimpanzee cheesy

this your lisping problem will not stop! Why is ur case so hopeless?!

NB: Don't start what you can't finish. Cos, by the time i'm through with u, nairaland will ban both of us for life.

12 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 8:22am On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:
Then tell me sweetie, how come the creator of Oyo ile in katunga( now presently in Niger state) aka the 1st alaafin was the 4th ooni at Ife. not number 1,2,3 but the fourth....pls tell me
And in your own imagination... Oyo ile in present day Niger state is the ancestral home of "we" yorubas.

Abi omo Igbo ni bobo yi ni?
lol grin ...se mo jo ibo ni? My real name is Adekunle Agbede Olagabaye....I don't really know much about those centurion history-to be frank,But going politically,I believe Alaafin is more superior and more powerful than Ooni....have got some facts to back that up.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: lol grin ...se mo jo ibo ni? My real name is Adekunle Agbede Olagabaye....I don't really know much about those centurion history-to be frank,But going politically,I believe Alaafin is more superior and more powerful than Ooni....have got some facts to back that up.
Thanks for admitting... yes politically, circa 400 years ago. But when the Dahomey sacked Oyo ile. Oyo became politically handicapped and irrelivant since then.

Well, this thread is boring, only good for pictures but abounds with poster with next to zero knowledge of Yoruba history and tradition history....
Even Dede1 knows Yoruba history more than many yoruba posters on here.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tonychristopher: 8:28am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: Ooni is just like a head of state in parliamentarianism ....Oba Lamidi Adeyemi is more than a king in Yorubaland,he is a god!

If he Is a god then worship him....

How can puerile reason like this

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by niceeric(m): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2014
emmasege: U got it wrong. How can Oyo be our ancestral home?, who taught you Yoruba history?. U need to re-enrol for a Yoruba class under a sound tutor. Where do u call your ancestral home?, Is it where ur Uncle re-located, colonised, lived and died?, Isn't it where ur Patriach lived/founded? Oduduwa is our Patriach, had only one son- Okanbi who also had seven sons. Oduduwa lived and died in Ife. His seven grandsons spread out to different parts of Yoruba land and Oranmiyan happened to be one of the seven who relocated to Oyo to become Alaafin. Historically, Alaafin is in the same class as Deji of Akure, Oba of Benin, Alake of Egba land among others. Don't compare Oyo with ile-Ife at all. Egbe eye l'eye nwo to o.

Yio daa fun o.....o ni s'oriburuku,alale ile wa yio gbe o.....thanks so much bro!!......ive been reading so much rubbish since page one and was expecting this history to be told to the ignorant ones here

Ile Ife remains and has always been a birth place of the Yorubas and won't the ruler of the land be the ruler of all yorubas

or shall we call an Oba from an Empire that fell not too long ago and was moved to a foreign land our paramount head.....

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Blaqsmith(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2014
tonychristopher:

If he Is a god then worship him....

How can puerile reason like this
Mr Christopher,there is a clear and glaring difference between a god and God...ok?

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy: Just check out the regalia and swags of Oba Adeyemi With his pretty queen.!!!

And then some ignorant few will claim Ooni of Ife is the greater of the two kings.

Is it not obvious the Alaafin is pushing more of the Yoruba culture and tradition all over the globe than the Ooni?

He has the flair and charisma that portrays a true royal king of the yorubas. Never mincing words, always real and factual.

I believe he is one of the very few revered and articulate kings left in Yoruba land. If not the greatest of this generation.

May he never stumble. Amen.

You used to come off much more intelligent than what you posted there.

From your perspective, traveling to Brazil means Alaafin is greater? (keep in mind no King is greater than the other, to each his domain).

Let me broaden your myopic view point:

1. Ooni by tradition is not expected to travel anyway.

2. His age is not of much help.

3. Ooni doesn't have to travel to promote Yoruba culture, do you know how many gods are in each family compounds in Ife and how foreigners (from Brazil and beyond) troop to Ife almost daily to be initiated and to learn?

4. Do you know how much they struggle and hustle to see Ooni?

5. Ever witnessed Olojo festival, Itapa festival, the recent Oduduwa festival

-------- being an itinerant king doesn't make one greater than the other, there is more for Ooni to show Yoruba/Africans in the Diaspora in his backyard than what Alaafin has to show, hence the latter is bound to travel around.

Ooni and Alaafin debate of which is greater is not only stupid but divisive, history states that Oranmiyan gave birth to the ruling houses in Ife, it also states that Oduduwa (Oranmiyan's father) has his throne and Aare in Ife which Ooni holds and by implication throws Alaafin behind me. Also keep in mind Alaafin has many Yoruba kings who are his elders in other parts of Yorubaland who are worthy of claiming seniority but they are not, no matter what personality occupies a throne or a house, culture demands you respect the office of such person - Ooni occupies Alaafin's father's throne and by implication, he his Alaafin's father and should respect that.

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by deScifa(m): 8:41am On Aug 25, 2014
Babafaros: Every1 knows Alaafin na Boss,Who is Ooni of ife beside a god himself

Blaqsmith: Ooni is just like a head of state in parliamentarianism ....Oba Lamidi Adeyemi is more than a king in Yorubaland,he is a god!

RoyalRoy: Just check out the regalia and swags of Oba Adeyemi With his pretty queen.!!!

And then some ignorant few will claim Ooni of Ife is the greater of the two kings.

Is it not obvious the Alaafin is pushing more of the Yoruba culture and tradition all over the globe than the Ooni?

He has the flair and charisma that portrays a true royal king of the yorubas. Never mincing words, always real and factual.

I believe he is one of the very few revered and articulate kings left in Yoruba land. If not the greatest of this generation.

May he never stumble. Amen.

Why compare the two? Must we? We are some of the reasons why these Obas are trying to distort history to fit their ego. I'm sure he will tell the whole of Brazil that Ooni is Omo Ale like he has always said just like Omonoba was saying Oduduwa was a slave in Benin Kingdom.

From History Ife has never paid Homage to Alaafin nor Oyo. Oyo was made strong due to its Military power during Sango's reign and never ruled over Ife, like Benin with its Military Power would never think about conquering Ile-ife or any kingdom ruled by any of Oranmiyan's Sons.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by pazienza(m): 8:44am On Aug 25, 2014
I am an Igbo,but it wont hurt to admit that this King has swag and an aura of royalty all over him, a true proud African king. May he live long.

21 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by tonychristopher: 8:45am On Aug 25, 2014
Blaqsmith: Mr Christopher,there is a clear and glaring difference between a god and God...ok?

both are deities.... maybe you have a better dentition
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by deScifa(m): 8:49am On Aug 25, 2014
9jacrip:

From your perspective, traveling to Brazil means Alaafin is greater? (keep in mind no King is greater than the other, to each his domain).

3. Ooni doesn't have to travel to promote Yoruba culture, do you know how many gods are in each family compounds in Ife and how foreigners (from Brazil and beyond) troop to Ife almost daily to be initiated and to learn?

-------- being an itinerant king doesn't make one greater than the other, there is more for Ooni to show Yoruba/Africans in the Diaspora in his backyard than what Alaafin has to show, hence the latter is bound to travel around.

Ooni and Alaafin debate of which is greater is not only stupid but divisive, history states that Oranmiyan gave birth to the ruling houses in Ife, it also states that Oduduwa (Oranmiyan's father) has his throne and Aare in Ife which Ooni holds and by implication throws Alaafin behind me. Also keep in mind Alaafin has many Yoruba kings who are his elders in other parts of Yorubaland who are worthy of claiming seniority but they are not, no matter what personality occupies a throne or a house, culture demands you respect the office of such person - Ooni occupies Alaafin's father's throne and by implication, he his Alaafin's father and should respect that.

Besides if its by how much both Obas have traveled Ooni has traveled more and more respected by Yorubas in diaspora.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 25, 2014
tsolz150: Amu ewu;atonle. Ewu Oshi.. Flatheaded nematode. You are possessed by a retaded ghost..MrToad2011
Don't mind them Jare, na jealousy go kill them, make their king too visit Israel or Egypt na grin

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Padipadi(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2014
Lobolintin: Some tribes in Brazil speaks Yoruba.. Trans Atlantic Slave trade caused it
yeah

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2014
deScifa:

Why compare the two? Must we? We are some of the reasons why these Obas are trying to distort history to fit their ego. I'm sure he will tell the whole of Brazil that Ooni is Omo Ale like he has always said just like Omonoba was saying Oduduwa was a slave in Benin Kingdom.

From History Ife has never paid Homage to Alaafin nor Oyo. Oyo was made strong due to its Military power during Sango's reign and never ruled over Ife, like Benin with its Military Power would never think about conquering Ile-ife or any kingdom ruled by any of Oranmiyan's Sons.

9jacrip:

You both have a lot of time to spare sha. I wonder why they can't keep the ooni's name out of their photo thread. If the alaafin likes, he can travel to papau new guinea. It's non of ile ife's business neither would it change the fact that beaded crown oba originated from ile ife. soon they would tell you opa oranmiyan is located in new Oyo town.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Merlissa(f): 9:05am On Aug 25, 2014
Yipeee!!!!!!!!!!

I rep best of both countries!!

I love my cultures... Yoruba, Nigeria and Brazil

Where are my fellow Bragerias

9 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by oduaboy1: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2014
MsNas:
Is your life this miserable? Why are you always spewing venom everywhere on Nairaland. Which Yoruba guy did this to you? Cos your condition is more spiritual than physical. I recommend some Proxac for you. Plus Jesus. Plus you need to get laid. Maybe you'll calm down. Cos the way you exhibit hatred these days is alarming. Wèrè Abu'gi je!
Stop making that houston LovePeddler feel important by giving her attention
Beatrice azubuike a.k.a babyosisi the woman
You are insulting is.a billion times more prettier than you.I have your pictures you Ugly mofo and I wouldn't even wish someone as ugly as you on my enemy,bloodsucking witch

5 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by eemjay17(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2014
MsNas: Well, I'm from Oyo State, though from Ibadan (Omo Ibadan and always proud of it grin). The Alaafin of Oyo actually does well in promoting the Yoruba culture a lot. Makes me proud of my Yoruba heritage. Kudos to Oba Lamidi Adeyemi. I've not seen Oba Sijuade out these days that much, wonder why...
The Alaafin sure knows how to enjoy life sha cheesy

But BTW... why is that Olori (King's Wife) as white as that? I'm not bashing her but with the stereotype associated with Yorubas (which is stupid IMO), I cannot for the life of me fathom why some women whiten their skin. [s]She might be naturally light-skinned sha.[/s]
Naturally light skin fire!!! Thanks to hydroquinine....to think they flaunt d black is beauty phrase as if they know d meaning.
Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 25, 2014
saxywale:

You both have a lot of time to spare sha.

Royalroy started the whole confusion, It was a nice thread but he spoilt the thread himself by trying to downgrade Ooni and Ile-Ife.

He should have read more about Ile-Ife and Yoruba culture before he posted that sh1t.

How can Alaafin be greater than Ooni when Alaafin is Son of Ife, can a Son be greater than his Father?

I was born and raised in Ile-Ife, I've witnessed many Olojo Festivals at Olodo Compound and Enuwa.

Ooni of Ife is the Spiritual Leader of Yoruba Race, The Arole of Oduduwa. The Custodian.

I don't like doing this sh1t, it's an over-flogged issue on nl.

Lots of Brazilians, Cubans, Europeans and Americans come to Ile-Ife regularly to learn about our Yoruba Tradition and Traditional Religion.

And talking about traveling, Ooni has been to almost everywhere on this planet earth. And I'm from Ilesa.

Konmight Say So.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by Dexema(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2014
yemaldo:
Don't mind them Jare, na jealousy go kill them, make their king too visit Israel or Egypt na grin

ISIS.rael? Hahahahha! U fink say igbo kings no dey watch CNN dem know wetin dey shele for Gaza now grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.