Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,717 members, 7,955,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:03 PM

I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice (9825 Views)

Pimping My 2007 Camry SE! / Height Control Problem For Land Rover Discovery 3 SE (2007 Model) / An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice by Chuckdee(m): 9:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nixon55: @OP.., I believe in one understanding his/her car needs before committing his/her money to buying one. I own a 2007 Camry Xle V6 that I bought two years and has been a joy to drive. In two years I have done basic servicing and changing of brake pads. I have changed the spark plugs and one ignition coil. I don't consider fuel economy while buying a car. If I can buy it then I can fuel it. The V6 might have a few parts that might be more expensive than the I4 and it's in order.
Toyota is reliable to the extent that you are ready to maintain it. I bought a diagnostic tool after I bought my car so that I don't do guess work with mechanics. Nigerians believe that Toyotas and Hondas are reliable and therefore would not make any more effort in knowing the maintenance needs of their vehicle. So if you want to buy The 2007 Camry Se, be ready to buy the required engine oil, spark plugs, coolant, brake pads etc. These information can easily be gotten online if you can't find it from your user manual. There's no car that doesn't have issues though some have more known problem than others. Goodluck with your search

Beautifully spoken... He who has ears...let him hearsmiley
Re: I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice by Chuckdee(m): 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
bravolad: Some of the arguments here do not add up. Most have ought rightly derailed this thread. No two cars with different engine sizes, hp, turning circle, torque etc achieve the same speed. It sounds childish to suggest that an inline 4 2.4l engine at 158 hp of Camry would outclass a Peugeot 3.0l V6 at 207hp. At take off, the v6 gains speed faster than the i4. You need to understand that at top speed, the i4 will be unstable. Again, driving conditions are different. The fact that in a journey nobody overtook you does not necessarily mean that your car is faster. The other driver (s) may undoubtedly not be in a mood to match your speed.

@op, there is nothing wrong with a V6 engine as widely and wrongly speculated in Nigeria. You just need to have a good maintenance culture by using the specified engine oil, transmission fluid, quality filter and service your car at specified interval. Obviously, you will use a little more fuel, which you will gain in performance. Provided you are not always driving in a lengthy traffic/gridlock you will be fine. Most of the people who come here to cry foul are those ones with very poor maintenance habit. They use the wrong engine oil, poor quality filter and abro ATF. I can bet that most of them don't read their car manuals to even understand basic maintenance tips about their cars. First thing they do when they buy a car is to remove thermostat. Above all, run away from road side mechanics if you want to enjoy your car.

Most car owners in this part of the world rarely care about basic maintenance of their cars. Just take a look at some vehicles on the road, they reek of poor handling, lack of care. Some don't even wash their cars. How would your car last when you don't take care of her?

You have spoken rightly my brother. Proper and regular maintenance is key to survival of any machines....that is why airplanes of 30+ years are still flying because regular and proper maintenance are carried out. Same is applicable for vehicles, there are still 1950's automobiles active on the roads....
Re: I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice by IdaraCHODB(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
bimbor:

Lol.....the tank was not leaking oh cheesy

I think is because the car was V6.....anyway that one na story for the gods now.....I don port go Toyota the sweetest baby in the world grin

Before i replaced my thermostat, put in new o2 sensors and fixed leaky exhaust pipes i used almost 2 full tanks 19.8 us gallons from Lagos to Abuja so its entirely possible
Re: I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice by Ikenna351(m): 7:00am On Sep 12, 2014
I wonder who fed you people this wrong information?

Please, Peugeot 406 D9 (facelift) with ES9J4S V6 engine does NOT produce maximum of 207 hp. Information on Wikipedia was not put there by Peugeot.

Nigerians seem to know more about cars they have never touched the car keys, let alone drive them, not even own them.

Ikenna
Re: I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice by blestman: 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
well i will give u a candid advice from wat am experiencing. camry 2007 has some issues .mine currently has transmission issues and try google problems with camry 2007 and you will be better enlightened. cheers
Re: I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice by Kayharry(m): 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Driving Facts / Lamborghini Celebrates Making 8,000th Aventador And 11,000th Huracan / What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.