Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million (3996 Views)

Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him / Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
AdeniyiA:
isn't it better to regret the right you did rather than the wrong you did?

Well, my good friend Adeniyi, "right" and "wrong" are ultimately subjective constructs. . . .open to an infinite number of intepretations influenced by our individual experiences, worldviews, circumstances, and other biases. In fact, in this amoral, cold world of ours, the "wrong" way is sometimes the only pragmatic/rational way. The end, as the saying goes, justifies the means.

I am not suggesting that the guy should have kept the money for himself . I am only hoping that, sometime in the future, life as we know it in Nigeria does not give him reason to regretfully consider this a lost opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jmaine: 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
whatlyf: I see your point. But remember he GAVE the lump sum to his hotel management, they asked him to keep it in a safe. In same way he should present the financial reward to them and I am sure they will tell him to keep it. From the article, It was clear that the Management are decent people. You get?

Okay, you are on point.
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by AdeniyiA(m): 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
pro01:

Well, my good friend Adeniyi, "right" and "wrong" are ultimately subjective constructs. . . .open to an infinite number of intepretations influenced by our individual experiences, worldviews, circumstances, and other biases. In fact, in this amoral, cold world of ours, the "wrong" way is sometimes the only pragmatic/rational way. The end, as the saying goes, justifies the means.

I am not suggesting that the guy should have kept the money for himself . I am only hoping that, sometime in the future, life as we know it in Nigeria does not give him reason to regretfully consider this a lost opportunity.
yeah, got ya .i hope nd Pray so.
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by RareDiamond: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS AND PRESERVE HIM AND ALL THOSE INVOLVED IN THIS SAINTLY ACT.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Leetunechi: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Vivalavida99:

I like you for being honest and saying your mind. Not everyone praising him on this forum will return it, if they really want to be honest with themselves, they are just plain hypocrites.

As for me, i can't possibly tell if i will return it or not, until it happens.

thanks jare

dont mind these confused minded humans
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by bosun11(m): 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
i just hope he is handsomely rewarded for being an honest man by giving him a better employment...

Honesty is a very EXPENSIVE commodity anywhere in the world...................................he really tried i must confess....20k to 17M aint kids play
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by JEITO: 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
berem:
oya if not the transformations by GEJ's administration, tell me what the inspiration was behind his actions?
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by suave558(m): 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
jideomowunmi: Abbeggii...make I hear word jare..which kind stupid integrity and value..dem dey do am seriously from him village he never realise am... angry angry sad...he dey vex me sef...like say make I slap d value commot from him face...da kind money..chai...infact..my if I try am, my parent sef go disown me...hain hain... angry angry..abeg someone shud help me wit his fone number make I yab d hell out of him..mtcheewww
this is why you'll keep drinking garri before u sleep...this is why from January to December no boy will stop you on the road even to say hi
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jideomowunmi(f): 10:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
suave558: this is why you'll keep drinking garri before u sleep...this is why from January to December no boy will stop you on the road even to say hi

Stale news..look for something better to talk abt..NL has added almost 300 topics since den..u sef sha wan talk..oya waka pass..we don notice u.. angry angry
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by emiye(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
jideomowunmi:

Before u know it..all d pple praising him and telling him well done will even forget his existence...and he is left wit wat actually..?going back to his 20k salary..? aw long will dat sustain him and his family..?as far as am concerned..he can take d money, use it wisely and in return even give more sef wit interest to d owner much later on in life...(just giving instances)opportunity dey say comes only but once..buh like u said...I sincerely hope and pray he does not regret his actions..not wit d way d country is dis days...

You are a shameless and blatant thief. cry cry cry.

I can imagine Your kid coming back from school with pens , pencils and books you did not buy for him, and you rub him on the head and saying "that is my boy"
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jideomowunmi(f): 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
emiye:

You are a shameless and blatant thief. cry cry cry.

I can imagine Your kid coming back from school with pens , pencils and books you did not buy for him, and you rub him on the head and saying "that is my boy"

Is dis all u've got...??u gat to b kidding me..bring it on jor... tongue tongue tongue..da attention u craving for, I ain't gonna give u...goan sleepp kiss kiss
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by padeolu: 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
jideomowunmi:

Is dis all u've got...??u gat to b kidding me..bring it on jor... tongue tongue tongue..da attention u craving for, I ain't gonna give u...goan sleepp kiss kiss
Babe, leave that nobody.. He doesn't worth the stress..
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by emiye(m): 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
jideomowunmi:

What if you are the one at the receiving end?

Ruminate on this: "Do unto others as u want to be done to you" .

I need no gaddemm attention, and dont quote me, cos i wont bother to reply you further.
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jideomowunmi(f): 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
emiye:

What if you are the one at the receiving end?

Ruminate on this: "Do unto others as u want to be done to you" .

I need no gaddemm attention, and dont quote me, cos i wont bother to reply you further.

Yea right...and u quoting me...u shudnt av in d first place....mtcheeww....goan sleep abeg..
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by suave558(m): 11:56am On Aug 26, 2014
jideomowunmi:

Stale news..look for something better to talk abt..NL has added almost 300 topics since den..u sef sha wan talk..oya waka pass..we don notice u.. angry angry
only u na we....go school u no gree...instead u say na window u wan fly pfft angry
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by chamboy(m): 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
Northerners are Highly or Very Honest. Most of them have accepted their faith for who dey are. They don't tend to do shady tins to get to d Top. We once had an abokii as gate man, Pops forgot "Ghana must go" full of cash inside d boot of his car opened throughout d night. When abokii show d boot he carried d money in his care n first thing d next day he gave it to Pop..
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by chamboy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nigerians and their Greedy mindset
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by chamboy(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: The hotel management should get rid of him ASAP. He's a curse to them. He's a big mumu who'll make them lose money in the future.

This man is probably going to mosque every week asking alla to bless him. Then alla sends him a fortune and he gave it back. Wait until you reach paradise and you go see alla slap. Ewure.
May God forgive u
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
chamboy: May God forgive u

Satan forbid!
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by chamboy(m): 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
jideomowunmi u are a disgrace to the Yoruba community
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by chamboy(m): 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Satan forbid!
that who u worship, judgement day awaits u n ur kind
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jideomowunmi(f): 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
suave558: only u na we....go school u no gree...instead u say na window u wan fly pfft angry

English pls.....
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jideomowunmi(f): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
chamboy: jideomowunmi u are a disgrace to the Yoruba community

Ode...no read other threads..stay there dey rant....
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
chamboy: that who u worship, judgement day awaits u n ur kind

empty threats.
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by suave558(m): 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
jideomowunmi:

English pls.....
kMrb... beat that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerian Army "Tactically Manoeuvring" Away From Boko Haram. / PATIENCE Jonathan Endorses Buhari By Mistake / Bloody Civilian (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.