Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

It Is Okay To Be Nice, To Be Kind, To Be A Good Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It Is Okay To Be Nice, To Be Kind, To Be A Good Friend (482 Views)

My Good Friend Has Slept With The Girl I Want To Marry, What Should I Do?‎ / Why Do Guys Act Exceptionally Nice To Pretty Girls? (Photos) / Disadvantages Of Being Nice To Women.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is Okay To Be Nice, To Be Kind, To Be A Good Friend by kingsangoda: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
IT IS OKAY TO BE NICE, TO BE KIND, TO BE A GOOD FRIEND http:///1tMg7P0

One thing that I have pondered over a lot is how to relate with friends on Facebook. FB gives you the opportunity to openly have many friends at the same time, and a lot of those friends are people of the opposite sex.

You have to be careful how to show friendship without crossing the line. But it is not clear where the line is drawn. It varies from individual to individual. To some people, any expression of friendship suggests that you are romantically interested. To some, they don't read such meanings easily into gestures of friendship.

Some people are scared therefore how to express friendship. The fear is usually more of what your real lover or spouse would think if he or she finds you expressing warmth and friendship to a friends of the opposite sex. Most people therefore resort to inbox expressions of appreciation or compliments.

But if you are a confident person and you have the trust and confidence of your lover, you can feel free, like me, to extend compliments to people without fear that someone would misunderstand you.

When I wake up in the morning each day and look at my notifications and I see my female friends adorned in their beautiful dresses in their pictures, I cannot ignore them. It is cruel not to say something to them. Their picture is a nonverbal communication to you and you should respond. I cannot pretend I don't care about their feelings. Each woman or man who changes his profile picture and posts it there on Facebook deserves compliments and acknowledgment from their friends, particularly senior friends like me.

So, I have made up my mind that when I wake up each morning and time permitting, and I am going to go down the list of notifications and I see a woman's picture, I would pay her a compliment. I would tell her she is beautiful and charming and elegant and irresistible and brilliant. I know what that means to people when you tell them that. Even my mother: when I tell her she is beautiful, you need to see the smile on her face. So, I would tell every female friend of mine on Facebook that she is beautiful. I want each woman to be happy. Does it mean I am flirting with these ladies? Well, that depends on how your mind works. But I know that you cannot go wrong by paying compliment to your friends.

Try this and you would be happier person. You will see that making people happy makes you happy too.

By Emeka Ugwuonye http:///1tMg7P0

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Friendship, Dating, Relationship & Marriage Through Nairaland / Letter To Her Unborn Child / Love And Music: A Short Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.