Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,127 members, 7,957,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:35 AM

Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus (804 Views)

Scientist Invents 'robot'that Kills Ebola Virus / Who Created The Ebola Virus? / Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by activatenigeria: 7:39am On Aug 26, 2014
RECENTLY, in effort to eliminate Ebola at the source, through use of innovative disinfection technology, two “germ-killing robots” were deployed from the US to the JFK Hospital and ELWA Hospital both in Monrovia, Republic of Liberia, both hotspots of the Ebola disease outbreak.

The robots, technically known as TRU-D SmartUVC, were used to disinfect health care environments where Ebola patients are being treated. Good Health Weekly gathered that TRU-D is the only portable UV disinfection device on the market with Sensor360 technology, which calculates the time needed to react to room variables such as size, geometry, surface reflectivity and the amount and location of equipment in the room and effectively deliver a lethal dose of UV-C light during a single cycle from a single, central location in the room.

Ultraviolet light
“It works by generating ultraviolet light energy that modifies the DNA structure of viral pathogens, like Ebola, so that they cannot reproduce. Viruses that cannot reproduce cannot colonise and harm patients,” the inventor, a tropical disease expert and medical anthropologist Dr. Jeffery L. Deal noted in an interview.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/scientist-invents-robot-kills-ebola-virus/#sthash.usJec00U.dpuf
Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 26, 2014
Good invention. So is Zmapp still effective in the treatment of Ebola virus? Its been a while I heard about the drug in the news.
Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by MyIncorp: 7:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Good invention. I was actually looking forward to see the pix of the robots.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by activatenigeria: 7:51am On Aug 26, 2014
The pic

Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by Lilimax(f): 7:52am On Aug 26, 2014
A “germ-killing robots'' undecided? This is good...
If this is effective they should also invent a "cancer-killing robots'' as well. {just my thought}

I've known that of a surety, Ebola will be a thing of the past one day smiley.
Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by Fash20: 8:01am On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by MizMyColi(f): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2014
I need to corroborate the truth in this story from other news vendors before dropping a comment undecided
I stopped trusting Vanguard.
Brb
Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by amanda2013(f): 8:41am On Aug 26, 2014
goodnews,
Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by thunderrider: 8:48am On Aug 26, 2014
Interesting

Na them they manufacture viruses

Na them they sell the various forms of cure / solutions

1 Like

Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by PAINGAIN: 8:52am On Aug 26, 2014
Robocop ni, ebolacop na, all na wash.
Re: Scientist Invents ‘robot’ That Kills Ebola Virus by Billygee2u: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2014
thunderrider: Interesting

Na them they manufacture viruses

Na them they sell the various forms of cure / solutions
that's business strategy

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Politics League(npl) Transfer Window News / Warning To Nigeria, WHO wants Travel Restrictions lifted Do Not Do It! / Troops Routs Boko Haram In Battle For Konduga II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.