Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,426 members, 7,826,661 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Is Kogi A Failed State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Kogi A Failed State? (3441 Views)

Kogi: A Different Country / Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / Debate: Is Nigeria A Failed State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by thwarrior72: 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
abu12:

Kogi people shld fight for that oil, because that is the only resource that easy to tap and make easy money from. If kogi people get that oil, they will receive federal govt attention than those mineral resource the ops mention above. There no part of with the without sold mineral resources but even FG is not ready not to talk of states, south east has cool and other resource what are they doing about it.
I sincerely believe u are not here to derail & divert this thread?. Ur subtility will not work here

2 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Santino1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Reptyle:

Please the situation in Kogi has nothing to do with any of the above. We (I am from Kogi) have just been cursed with one inept government after another since the State was created and a largely ignorant pool of voters.

What has our affiliation with the north got to do with the fact that a person charged with the exclusive control of the State's resources cannot harness same for the benefit of the citizens?

Kogi State is blessed in all ramifications but we just need one man (or woman) to steer the ship of state in the right direction. All we have had is just one illiterate or semi-illiterate running the affairs of the State so far.

Is it not a shame that in a State that can boast of a huge number of intellectuals, the best governor we have ever had in the area of performance is Abubakar Audu?

Nice submissions.

Most "Kogites", just like the larger Nigerian society, like to look for simple solutions. When you point out the pervasive ineptitude in all sphere of governance in the state, they'll be quick to blame it on the Igalas, Egbiras and what not as if the likes of Sen. Smart Adeyemi, Hon. Dino Melaye e.t.c. have fared any better with all the humongous constituency allowance they cart away every month.

Just like you pointed out, all the state needs is that ONE person with the will to set her on the right course; and unfortunately, I don't see such person amongst those clowns parading themselves as 'politicians' in the state.

To even think Abubakar Audu is the 'best governor' the state has produced since the advent of democracy is a big indictment on the people of the state and that, is a big SHAME...

1 Like

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Reptyle(m): 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
Valentinooo: I thought you already have a captain doing that already, or do you still need another captain for the job? grin

That's joke anyway.
The problem with kogi state is that they've not been lucky enough to have a good governor who have the interests of the people in mind.

Idris wada should be the worst governor after T.A Orji and Gabriel suswam (i stand to be corrected though)

Lol!

I agree with you on Idris Wada...such a huge disappointment.

Abubakar Audu still holds the record as the best performing governor we have had...and even he at best could be regarded as mediocre when compared with other States.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Oklander: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
abu12:

Kogi people shld fight for that oil, because that is the only resource that easy to tap and make easy money from. If kogi people get that oil, they will receive federal govt attention than those mineral resource the ops mention above. There no part of with the without sold mineral resources but even FG is not ready not to talk of states, south east has cool and other resource what are they doing about it.
What are you talking about? A state with enough resources but can't manage it should be fighting for more? Must it be Oil?
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
lilprinze: with all these points above I would blame it on bad,corrupt, greedy and selfish leadership even states who don't have half of what kogi has are richer and more developed than kogi state
When they kept electing Mediocres as leaders. From Prince Audu Abubakar, to Ibrahim Idris and Now Idris Wada... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Oklander: 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Santino1:

Nice submissions.

Most "Kogites", just like the larger Nigerian society, like to look for simple solutions. When you point out the pervasive ineptitude in all sphere of governance in the state, they'll be quick to blame it on the Igalas, Egbiras and what not as if the likes of Sen. Smart Adeyemi, Hon. Dino Melaye e.t.c. have fared any better with all the humongous constituency allowance they cart away every month.

Just like you pointed out, all the state needs is that ONE person with the will to set her on the right course; and unfortunately, I don't see such person amongst those clowns parading themselves as 'politicians' in the state.

To even think Abubakar Audu is the 'best governor' the state has produced since the advent of democracy is a big indictment on the people of the state and that, is a big SHAME...
A big time shame indeed!
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by feedthenation(m): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
With all the abundant resources in Kogi state, it should be one of the top five states in Nigeria.
But yet again, leadership qualities are significantly missing.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by jamace(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
Oklander: Very senseless move by greedy incompetent government if you ask me. why fight for more resources that isn't even yours while you have enough already and simply failed and failing to utilize or can't utilize because of your incompetency or don't simply want to utilize!!!
Have you been to the disputed oil fields? If not, try and visit there so that you be more informed. For your info, I know the locations of the disputed oil wells and I can authoritatively tell you that they are in Kogi State. Those particular oil wells are in IBAJI LGA of Kogi State.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by chinazaekperem: 2:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
is kogi state in nigeria? grin grin grin
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by EasternLeopard: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
There are two things that can keep a people underdeveloped these are

1) Curse

2) The mindset of the People

Most of you blaming the leadership failed to realised that leaders are elected amongst the people ie they are not dropped from heaven

Except a people are cursed, the way they view and approach issues around them can hinder their growth

For example

How do the Igalas think heaven will bless the work of their hands after denying others an opportunity to rule.

Tivs, Northern and Central Abians, Muslim Northerners who think cheating their neighbours will attract divine help should think twice.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by cirmuell(m): 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
3cycle: The answer lies with the igbira,kabba and igala communities of kogi state.

When they are ready to work together without favouritism and tribalism then kogi's untapped mineral resources can be harnessed.
Backward igalla's
the Igalas are the problem of Kogi state, no thanks to Babangida.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by EasternLeopard: 2:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
cirmuell: the Igalas are the problem of Kogi state, no thanks to Babangida.

Pls correct me

Am I correct if I say that Igala communities might be not be doing fine when compared with other Kogi communities because of their domineering attitude
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by cirmuell(m): 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
whatlyf: When they kept electing Mediocres as leaders. From Prince Audu Abubakar, to Ibrahim Idris and Now Idris Wada... cheesy cheesy cheesy
those mofos weren't elected, rigging and favourism is what get most of them into political positions.

1 Like

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
cirmuell: those mofos weren't elected, rigging and favourism is what get most of them into political positions.
They have to be decisive to kick them ALL out in 2015. Same applies to their Neighbor Benue State
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard: There are two things that can keep a people underdeveloped these are

1) Curse

Most of you blaming the leadership failed to realised that leaders are elected amongst the people ie they are not dropped from heaven

Except a people are cursed, the way they view and approach issues around them can hinder their growth

For example

How do the Igalas think heaven will bless the work of their hands after denying others an opportunity to rule.

Tivs, Northern and Central Abians, Muslim Northerners who think cheating their neighbours will attract divine help should think twice.
You don carry am enter tribalism this guy With someone like you in position of leadership, a society will remain retrogressive

2 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by cirmuell(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Pls correct me

Am I correct if I say that Igala communities might be not be doing fine when compared with other Kogi communities because of their domineering attitude
that's reason the Okuns are clamouring to be away from those backward people. They dominate every sector of the government and they ain't even doing shii.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Muslim rule has ruined Kogi.

1 Like

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by crudedude(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
3cycle: I served in kogi state in 2010/2011, left and then passed through the same town earl this year but menh I was highly dissappointed with the things I saw. Still the same old town with nothing new to Show for it except that my boyfriend then now owns a pure water factory and lives in GRA with the rich grin

I served in Kogi too so I understand what you're saying. That's why till I left I never stop 'preaching' to my students to travel out to other states for university education and see what's out there. Its like there's this imaginary ceiling limiting people.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by cirmuell(m): 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
whatlyf: They have to be decisive to kick them ALL out in 2015. Same applies to their Neighbor Benue State
Rigging bro, election in that state has never been free and fair. And Kogi State share the same fate with Nigeria. When you bring too many different people together, surely there will never be unionism.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by EasternLeopard: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
whatlyf: You don carry am enter tribalism this guy With someone like you in position of leadership, a society will remain retrogressive

As a Biafran, I mentioned Northern and Central Abians denial of Ngwas their right to lead

You are the retrogressive one

Thank Jesus, I would have insulted you.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
cirmuell: Rigging bro, election in that state has never been free and fair. And Kogi State share the same fate with Nigeria. When you bring too many different people together, surely there will never be unionism.
Well a Government is the reflection of its people.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by saintikechi(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
abu12:

why fight for what is not yours ? If there is oil on kogi's soil, why dont they drill a new oil well in their territory, not along the border, not in anambra and lets see what they can do with that oil.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by EasternLeopard: 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
crudedude:

I served in Kogi too so I understand what you're saying. That's why till I left I never stop 'preaching' to my students to travel out to other states for university education and see what's out there. Its like there's this imaginary ceiling limiting people.

Any society that denies another their rights do experience that imaginary ceiling limiting their progress

Take a look at Abia state

As long as Ngwas are denied their rights, development will elude those who supports that policy and those who fail to kick against it when the opportunity arise

Anambra have supported power going to Anambra North. Mark my words, Anambra will go far

Imo has always supported JUSTICE FOR ALL

Enugu and Ebonyi I can't say because I know next to nothing
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Oklander: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
cirmuell: that's reason the Okuns are clamouring to be away from those backward people. They dominate every sector of the government and they ain't even doing shii.
I can't quote them all but all your posts here are right on point!
haywire07: Maybe kogi will b better if okene is removed *no insult intended* bt those pple can burn cars and kill pple fr killing a dog..there's natural hatred existing among them ,so how do u xpect development where theres no unity?
^^^And this right here tops the list of the most brainless comments I have ever seen on nairaland.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by flexxyworld(m): 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
What else do you expect from a state that can't make a revenue from the so called #CONFLUENCE. That alone can go along way in the development of the state, badt governance and un civilisation and almost all what the OP mention have failed in lokoja aside obajana. I prefer God deliver that state
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by achi4u(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmm na wa for ndi Kogi oo,with such natural resource the state would"ve been the envy of all nigerian state combined but the Governor and its people are too short sightted with little advancement.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by flexxyworld(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Pls correct me

The obvious problem of kogi.. no love between indigenous tribes.. if igala's, ebira, okun#kaba pple, bassa can't unite with one voice.. then the state just started failing..
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by achi4u(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
That number one mighty be true because alot of people are saying a negative things about the Kogiyte?
EasternLeopard: There are two things that can keep a people underdeveloped these are

1) Curse

For example

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by EasternLeopard: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
achi4u: That number one mighty be true because alot of people are saying a negative things about the Kogiyte?

I heard they offered human sacrifice twice firstly against Jukun invasion and secondly against Bini empire

Now add their political oppression against their Kogi neighbours

To me

The Igalas need to conduct deliverance and respect their neighbour

1 Like

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by kel4soft: 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
I have visited Kogi once for a job with a friend;the area that shares border with Benue State, can't remember the name of that place. Though a village, but I will tell you I enjoyed my stay there

Dem get pretty and 'manchester' babes shall grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by EasternLeopard: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
kel4soft: I have visited Kogi once for a job with a friend;the area that shares border with Benue State, can't remember the name of that place. Though a village, but I will tell you I enjoyed my stay there

Dem get pretty and 'manchester' babes shall grin grin grin grin

How many of them you................
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by kel4soft: 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

How many of them you................

I only ministered to them cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Election 2015: Live Election Update - PUNCH / Anambra State Has Had Enough. / I Pray Nothing Happen To Our President Okorocha May Steps In As VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.