Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68700 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by KLand(m): 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
I sabi the pot wella. I still drank from it as recent as 2013, the last time I was in the village.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by hikmojj(m): 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
we stil av it......so cool a water
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by chuggy(m): 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nsuka Blood like me, i loved drinkin dis cold water from calabash wit d stainless cup, after eatin akpu & ofe'onugbu, come drink dis water, u go believe die!

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by fm7070: 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
A natural fridge with lots of bacteria in it
they wash it once in a year
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by sonyc00(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yep i still remember it.we call it Randa.it was in vogue when power supply in my area was at its worst.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by yimasin(m): 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Guys that pot purifies water and makes it chilled. I enjoyed it back in the days
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by emmahoney(m): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
I'm still drinking water from it up till now!! It makes water very refreshing, better by far
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by crazo(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
undecided undecided
Lagusta: Its only once i drank from that pot..... While i was doing my COBES in UNILORIN...

The water was always sweet, cold and refreshing!!!
you knew all these by drinking from the pot once?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by messiah(m): 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
randa(?) in hausa undecided
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by 2aces(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nope! Even if the water inside that thing is all that is left in the world, ill rather die of thirst. Ewwwwww
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by kunlesehan(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy
alakada
lol
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
crazo: undecided undecided you knew all these by drinking from the pot once?? undecided

Oops, minor slip I suppose.

He'll do better next time
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
Natural refrigerator, had good cool water from this of course.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is original traditional refrigerator cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yeah i did, smiley way bk @ my villa... Grand ma had one jst lik dat smiley God bless her soul. Mehn, d water was sometin else.... Always cool & refreshingwink.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Fourwinds: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
I remember staying with my uncle in d village. dis use to b our fridge. cold water menh
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by kunlesehan(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lagusta:
...The water was always sweet, cold and refreshing!!!
and mysteriously so
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by veyvey: 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
What is this? I hate local stuff
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by conyema12(m): 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lol...op you just took me down memory lane.
I drank from it in those days when I visit our granny's in the village.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by ayodejisure: 10:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
This is ikoko Amun in yoruba.... Its our local fridge. Even in the hot weather your water will still be cold. I remembered drinking in this pot very well because I grew up in d hands of my grand parent in d town
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by stormybucci(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
wat!!!! me drink 4rm dat thing?? i haven't nd won't drink 4rm it never!!!(nt forming ooo, definately rocking d indomie generation)
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Mosandie(f): 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Oh yes! Buh nt directly, used it as a fridge while serving in the north, twas effective.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by mexite: 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
O boi, this one na opportunity to make some money o.
Alamu International Potteries:
We are experienced craftsmen with quality products. We specialize in the local manufacturing of the local water basin ('ikoko', 'amu').
You can place your orders here.
You don't have to worry about the interruptible power supply in Nigeria again, your water will always be cold, refreshing and soothing with our local amu.
Oya bend down select your own......
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by dnawah(m): 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
EZE (EWE Ghana)especialy if u born some saw dost inside it,then wash it and put water inside it chie!grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by vicsplash(m): 11:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Well won't lie like some do... Haven't seen it physically b4 just watched it on tv where pple drink water from. Heard it always cool and cold tho to drink frm d pot. Well na civilization tym b dis, didn't grew up in ma village not to talk of going. Rest ma case.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by experimentist: 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
I call it 'randa'... Very chill pure water.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by mecussey(m): 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
irishCream: u kidding me grin making jest of my moniker and signature abi...issorai

please, what is issorai? I want to be more brilliant.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by thexzy(m): 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Truly Naturally cold and refreshing indeed. Its from this that fridge was discovered
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Rammyqueen: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
hehehehehehe i do drink from dat pot especially whenever i visit ma grandparents in da village
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Ekundayo7: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
gbosaa:

The question is how do you nest the smaller pot inside the bigger one,,a northerner,i think an hausa man came up with that idea and he won an award for that...give credit to him pls.
Am not aware of which "hausa" man you are referring to and saw this myself being used in Yorubaland. I didn't realize this was a competition for someone to take credit for something. You buy a pot with a wide mouth, not a flared in and can either nest a flared in mouthed pot inside the bigger or both the same style wide mouth and drape the wet cloth over the top. If someone needs to keep something fresh with no electricity it will do the trick. Just trying to help here.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by chamboy(m): 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Arsenal Launch £30m bid for Jackson Matinez http://soccerupdatenow..com
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by chlowi(f): 12:18am On Aug 28, 2014
Seeing this, I miss my late great grandma cry
She alone made me drink from this, for some reason, the water was always cold, fresh and refreshing, my Grand ma was a teacher so civilization probably didn't let her have one!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Marriage Has Finally Ended / 11 Secrets Man Should Never Reveal To His Wife / A Millionaires House Boy Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.