Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68361 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nobody wants to confess to seeing various forms of fauna or insect larvae at the bottom of the pots, right.

Op please tell your crew to not breed mosquitoes in there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Gboliwe: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
bunmioguns:

see as you dey form ajebutter for Nairaland

no be you dey on top that dp on your profile?

tongue

grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
@op, pls come and explain urself here tongue
Aamu=third leg grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
moca: @op, pls come and explain urself here tongue
Aamu=third leg grin

yeah am a typical village guy

you call it aamu when you placed it inside

you call it ikoko when you placed is outside

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by abdulaz: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
It reminds me of the story my mom used to tell us that grandma won't allow anyone to take water from the water pot with another cup, that you must use the cup placed on the cover of the pot.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Lailerh(f): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tulu grin in Hausa smiley
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Mamaflex(f): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
We call it "akhe" saw it in grandma's house. I think i've drank frm it, cnt really remember though.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by DAVE5(m): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gboliwe: the pot is for everybody. Family, friends and passerby. Everybody drank from it and with one cup too. The thought of it now makes me want to throw up. Ewwwwww

i undastand wat u mean... but wen in rome they say; act like d romans, rite? so who am i not 2 act like a roman offcourse wink
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
I suffer for this world oh! From drinking from this pot, sleeping in a hut, farming and hawking plantain chips at aba express way now am here. angry

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by ayobase(m): 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

my favorite of all.
i had a mini version while I was in school.

always watch out for those tiny worms "tangiri"

cool and refreshing......fvck nepa

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Blockus: 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1655669_ikoko_aamu_jpeg2ff8325d36d132fb11ebd6aadc1ea1ae

I dont see any water just some African Juju Paraphenelia..

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by saxwizard(m): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
yea....we call it amu in yoruba. .....its still there inn ny papa village
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by justphillips(m): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Amu (pe.nis)or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

FIXED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
Confam 24 hours Freezer..
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by mployer(m): 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
Khalessi: I suffer for this world oh! From drinking from this pot, sleeping in a hut, farming and hawking plantain chips at aba express way now am here. angry

grin grin

Make I hear word joor.
Even if say you be Jonathan.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Arosa(m): 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
I have deleted from my mind the experience of drinking from that shiit a long time ago, @Op thanks for reminding me. angry
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by mecussey(m): 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
The pot loses heat to the ground the same way tiles do. I drank from it anyways and the water is always cold.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Gee001: 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yes o. I drank from it wella. Not from my house though but grannies. Cold and refreshing water. Try drinking when the sun is up then you'll know what's up. Lol. "Itemini".
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by allanphash7(m): 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
dat was d reason i hate my grandma cos i remember wen i broke her local chiller, she almost killed me with talk. na everybody wey dey her village she told wat i did

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Blockus: 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gee001: Yes o. I drank from it wella. Not from my house though but grannies. Cold and refreshing water. Try drinking when the sun is up then you'll know what's up. Lol. "Itemini".

I will drink whatever you are serving.. grin

Dayuum you fine!!!!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Onyiido: 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=joebases]Can't forget my days in my south eastern village where we call it ite or udu
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by degreen: 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
It's common in the north I grew up there definitely I drank from it....water is always cold
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by room089: 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Omo I've resorted to this since the out break of ebola virus disease. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
[size=13pt]Grand ma in ibadan. the water is always the perfect temperature though.[/size]
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by crusader01(m): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Me no go lie,I drank from it for years.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by irishCream: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy
if I hear undecided
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
woow....the thing dey cold pass freezer self..... wink wink wink wink wink technology don spoil everywhere now....
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by slap1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
I didn't "drank" from it; I still drink from it. (call me a bushman, na you sabi)

African Thermocool: chilling water since 1200 BC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by TWEETFELLA: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Its sooo refreshing. And has a special taste.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by anitank(f): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
Mmiri Udu cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by crusader01(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

I will drink whatever you are serving.. grin

Dayuum you fine!!!!
Hmmm,one day u go see wetin go fear u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / Man Whose Wife Died Chasing Side Chick Is Not Dead. He Was In Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.