Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68349 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
Btruth: I did. Almost, everyone at the village have this at home. But what amazed me was the live cat fish my maternal grand mum put in the port, she said it helps in cleaning the port from been dirty (the fish helps eat all the small dirty particles)..and also, that the return water from the fish mouth is medicinal. Well, I don't know how truth that was?

Can't remember drinking water that housed live catfish ( unless you folks means something else by that), but I do know water with catfish in it, will have a smell?

Are you sure you're not making up stories?

Catfish has a very strong smell.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

So now that I cornered you by showing who dense you are you are waiving the white flag?

Are you going to acknowledge that you went off half cocked?

I bet you were shocked to see that I actually one VillageHeadMaster.Com.

Your lesson of the day, look before you leap or make idiotic assumptions.

Too much aggro
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

Too much aggro

I'm afraid that is not part of my dictionary mate.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by baba11(m): 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Youngsage:
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

....like usus > angry shocked cool grin grin angrysad
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by youngbest(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Its still used in my village, drank from it once I can remember that the water was ice cold and sweet
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
Billyonaire: I am still drinking from that pot. Sometimes, we see tadpoles, yet we sway the bottom of the cup on the surface of the water to scare the tadpoles before fetching a chilly cup, and with each cup, we remember the past, thank Gods for the Present and worry about the future.

Our forefathers paved the way for us, and they lived longer, drinking from the Earthen pot.

Tadpoles cant get in the water unless frogs had previously been in it.

Generally, frogs lay their eggs in ponds, not so sure about rivers although never say never.

Where was your water sourced from, for it to have tadpoles?

Can't remember if I've ever seen tadpoles in that manner, its possible I suppose.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by publicenemy(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
jennykadry:

Shhhhhhhhh

grin grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Kotay: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lagusta: Its only once i drank from that pot..... While i was doing my COBES in UNILORIN...

The water was always sweet, cold and refreshing!!!
Lagusta: Its only once i drank from that pot..... While i was doing my COBES in UNILORIN...

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
hehe... Water dispenser of the old days. ;Dhehe... Water dispenser of the old days.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
H
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

Tadpoles cant get in the water unless frogs had previously been in it.

Generally, frogs lay their eggs in ponds, not so sure about rivers although never say never.

Where was your water sourced from, for it to have tadpoles?

Can't remember if I've ever seen tadpoles in that manner, its possible I suppose.
The water is fetched from natural streams in the village then, but now even though the water is from bore-holes, I think I prefer it to the fluoridated CWAY water we drink here in Lagos. Fluorides in water causes a lot of health hazards, and its one way that the industrial complexes use to decimate our population. Earthen Pot, the taste of that water brings back wonderful memories and makes me remember where I come from, and appreciate where I am, and ponder about the future. We all need these reminiscences to appreciate who we are.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Korrection(m): 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
After eating roasted corn and pear I always towards my moms clay pot for a fill......those days sha....
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by eseosa77(m): 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
I drank from that pot in the early 90s when I was still staying with my grand mother.Though We call it AKHE in Benin.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by prestigiouz(m): 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
Drink till u pass out...lolz! Horror pot! tongue Drink till u pass out...lolz! Horror pot!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

grandpas drank from the tap.

gringringrin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by omotalkie(f): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yeah I used it! As a marra of fact, we had it in our house while growing up& d water in there is quite chilling dat u don't even nid a refrigerator. #Teamoldendayzisdabest#
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
poor me when my grandma is living not so far from me..

didn't even taste d villa

sadsadsadsadsad
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nely77(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
greatgod2012: My primary school was in the village, so i used it weli-weli......even till now my mum still has hers and each time i pay her visit, i prefer drinking from that water-pot than from her fridge, funny thing is that she makes jest of me thus......."eyin alakowe omo oko", and i just laugh, but truth be told, water in such water-pot is naturally cold.

Maybe i'll still get one sef.

To tell u the truth, u can get one for urself but u may not be able to maintain it so it would be germ-free. Those that used it in those days do smoke it routinely to sanitize it. Ask your granma. Each time they wash the inside, it is smoked to get rid of some microbes that might have grown in it. If u get it now and go and use it the normal way u use kegs and plastic materials, oyo.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bolafez(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2014

sweet keh! sugar dey dre nii
error 405!!!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Billyonaire: The water is fetched from natural streams in the village then, but now even though the water is from bore-holes, I think I prefer it to the fluoridated CWAY water we drink here in Lagos. Fluorides in water causes a lot of health hazards, and its one way that the industrial complexes use to decimate our population. Earthen Pot, the taste of that water brings back wonderful memories and makes me remember where I come from, and appreciate where I am, and ponder about the future. We all need these reminiscences to appreciate who we are.

I salute your patience for answering how tadpoles could have gotten in the water.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Btruth: 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

Can't remember drinking water that housed live catfish ( unless you folks means something else by that), but I do know water with catfish in it, will have a smell?

Are you sure you're not making up stories?

Catfish has a very strong smell.
if it is not cat fish, it could be electric fish. One of them I'm sure was in that port then.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Billyonaire: The water is fetched from natural streams in the village then, but now even though the water is from bore-holes, I think I prefer it to the fluoridated CWAY water we drink here in Lagos. Fluorides in water causes a lot of health hazards, and its one way that the industrial complexes use to decimate our population. Earthen Pot, the taste of that water brings back wonderful memories and makes me remember where I come from, and appreciate where I am, and ponder about the future. We all need these reminiscences to appreciate who we are.

True, just wondering how that was possible though.

Tadpoles take a few days or weeks to hatch, and assuming they were already in the water when it was being fetched, should have been filtered out at the stream before reaching home.

However, I guess if the bucket or bowl was dipped into the water instead of using a smaller bowl to transfer the water into the bucket from the stream, its possible tadpoles could have gotten in there.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Btruth: if it is not cat fish, it could electric fish. One of them I'm sure.

Ok, it just wasn't ringing a bell, that's all.

Dunno if the eel sanitizes the water ( but how do you get the water out?), while catfish do feed on algae et all, and surprisingly enough, some species of bottom feeding fish are usually used in aquariums to keep the tank cleaner, according to wiki.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

True, just wondering how that was possible though.

Tadpoles take a few days or weeks to hatch, and assuming they were already in the water when it was being fetched, should have been filtered out at the stream before reaching home.

However, I guess if the bucket or bowl was dipped into the water instead of using a smaller bowl to transfer the water into the bucket from the stream, its possible tadpoles could have gotten in there.
Tadpoles, black tadpoles, yes I see them inside the pot. And the pot is half-buried to keep it chilled. Once in a while, you pour water on the surface of the earthen pot, buried at the backyard, to vaporize the surface water and chill the content. Before the pot is refilled, the tabpole is thrown out with the sediments. All hail my great grand parents. They paved the way for Billy, the billionaire. Now, I look back and smile. I will never forget my fore-parents. They paved the way. That pot is a reminder.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Obanz2(f): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
in ebira tribe is call iruku....am a Lagos base ooooo I have it with me...d water inside it always cold.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Billyonaire: . Before the pot is refilled, the tabpole is thrown out with the sediments. .

Didn't want to say, the water usually has to be thrown out if tadpoles are noticed in it.

Mosquito larvae are somewhat more manageable and even then, the pot still has to be emptied at some point.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by oleeee(m): 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yea does days,,,but now if i even see dat kind pot,,,na run oo undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by mecussey(m): 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
irishCream: brilliant student! Remind me that ur course of study again grin

I studied Irish chemistry, the study of male virgins.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by DECOtech(m): 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
bunmioguns:

don't just quote

confess cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Confess kwa! Was it a sin to have drank from that kinda pot?! Then I deserve a lifes sentence.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
itstpia1:

Didn't want to say, the water usually has to be thrown out if tadpoles are noticed in it.

Mosquito larvae are somewhat more manageable and even then, the pot still has to be emptied at some point.
Ditto
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Galadimabawa: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
I drink from it resently (may) when i went to my village
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by irishCream: 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
mecussey:

I studied Irish chemistry, the study of male virgins.
u kidding me grin making jest of my moniker and signature abi...issorai

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.