Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68378 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by http(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
i have on several times, the outside is warm and the water inside is always cool. Ever heard" your life will be cool as the water inside AMU"
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
Youngsage:
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

You have said it ALL.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by CoolKizzy(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
I drank from this pot once or twice at my village, when village was still village, my jaw dropped when I saw microwave in my grandma's kitchen last Xmas.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by danielmichael(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
lols
..ebola is inevitable

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by irishCream: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
mecussey: The pot loses heat to the ground the same way tiles do. I drank from it anyways and the water is always cold.
brilliant student! Remind me that ur course of study again grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by slap1(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
anitank: Mmiri Udu cheesy
Nwa ino there!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Indomie Generation grin[quoteauthor=oyesiju][/quote]
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by amolak: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ha! you make me remember my grama (mama ijebu) that was her hand work when she was still alive. ha! mama ijebu sabi mould wela, mama sleep well o cry

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by djeezy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
I did as a kid. The water inside is usually cold.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Firefire(m): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
enu o le sin lara fo ike-mu. (Eni fọ ike aamu)

enu ohun sin lara fokemu...

Meaning anyone that breaks the cup use in fetching water from the clay pot will forever be remembered anytime anybody is taking water from the clay.

Gone are the days…

aiye nlọ antọ

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bigfriend(m): 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
I remember the good old days when I visited the village to visit relations and the water inside is always cold
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Sixix: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
My great-grand father wink
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
[/quote]

Life was much more easier when this was our thermocool deep freezer.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Blockus: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
crusader01:
Hmmm,one day u go see wetin go fear u.

Nothing wey eye see wey fit make am cry blood.. grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Padipadi(m): 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
jennykadry: My maternal grandma made me drink from that whenever I visited her in the village and shocking the water was always so cold and annoyingly refreshing.....ewwww. Mama loved her life in the village kiss this woman was a so no nonsense kind, like her daughter my mother.

My paternal grandma lives in my fathers house in the village so she got used to civilization very quickly seeing that we spent more time there....so nope she served us bottled water grin this grandma is so sweet and kind like her son my father. cheesy
Interesting.
I drank from that pot severally. My grandma has like 4 in our village.
The water is always cold but full of spyrogermans (tiny bacterias) that's visible.
I guess it was because the water was fetched from the stream.
Last Bullet
I miss the village.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Can't really remember.D tin(ago where I come from)bin dey our house those days sha.Chances are high I took at least a sip from itwink

In other news...

Shout out to Kimmo...
O tojo meta grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by publicenemy(m): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
jennykadry: My maternal grandma made me drink from that whenever I visited her in the village and shocking the water was always so cold and annoyingly refreshing.....ewwww. Mama loved her life in the village kiss this woman was a so no nonsense kind, like her daughter my mother.

My paternal grandma lives in my fathers house in the village so she got used to civilization very quickly seeing that we spent more time there....so nope she served us bottled water grin this grandma is so sweet and kind like her son my father. cheesy

You were asked a simple question....
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by fpeter(f): 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
una wan use style know my age abi? tongue
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by fizanos(m): 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
I still do....

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by crackhouse(m): 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
I drank from it Wella.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by samplegirl(f): 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy

Akuko n'egwu!

In those days when we fetch water from the streams in the village we get naturally distilled water and not the kind you see on Lagos streets that are full of chemicals all in the name of purification.

Today people are busy FORMING oyibo. BTW everything today in the village is fetish but we all come from one village or the other. As for me I love my village. Before the advent of CHILLED BODDLE WARRER- in the language of the oyibo former- we the villagers were drinking water and I must say better water.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by crusader01(m): 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

Go ask ebola victims grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by AreaFada2: 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
My granny in the villa used to use scented leaves to fire the pot every 2 weeks and leave it to cool. That way the water from it was most refreshing.

Called Akhe in Edo.

Last time I went to the village, each house has at least a big deep freezer, some even 2 or 3 for selling drinks. grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by crowntoro(f): 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy
boddle warrer ko, boddle warrer ni *YINMU* tongue tongue
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
Thank me later wink
Padipadi:
Interesting.
I drank from that pot severally. My grandma has like 4 in our village.
The water is always cold but full of spyrogermans (tiny bacterias) that's visible.
I guess it was because the water was fetched from the stream.
Last Bullet
I miss the village.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Moreena(f): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
am guilty o am proud dat i drank frm it o in d north its called RANDA
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Blockus: 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
crusader01:
Go ask ebola victims grin

You no fit see Ebola na. grin

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

My Grandma's Ikoko when she used to live in Tabon Tabon Agege. Oh boy, I always looked forward to drinking water out of that Ikoko. No matter how stressed up you are, or how hot and tired you are, all it takes is a drink of water that has stood in that Ikoko for some time. Meeeeeeenn that was heaven.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
If you haven't drank from such pot before, it is either you don't know the way to your village ever since you were born or you where born with a golden spoon in your mouth. The water from that pot is so chilled and natural and sweet.

Sweet old days mehn

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by spiro4real(f): 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
I used it weller while growing up as each time we travelled down to the village, that's the only option for taking chilled water and I'm thinking of introducing it in my house. Really missed it!

Can somebody help me on how to buy one?

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by roufy235(m): 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
hmm
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Arosa(m): 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
Blockus:

Unless the eye see ebola. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.