Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,735 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October (31412 Views)

List Of Public. Private Universities And Colleges In United State / Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria / Mark Calls For Public, Private Partnership To Save Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ebola: FG closes all PRIVATE and PUBLIC primary and secondary schools till 13th October.

The Federal Government has directed that all private and public primary and secondary schools should remain closed till 13th October, 2014 as a preventive measure against the spread of Ebola Virus Disease.

The preventive measures are decisions reached in a meeting the Minister of Education held with State Commissioners of Education in Abuja on tuesday (today). This measure was announced by the Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.

He said that any private school that fails to comply will be duly sanctioned by the State Ministry of Education.The Minister said that the government will go to any length to punish any school that fails to comply.He added all the State Ministries of Education are to immediately organise and ensure that at least two staff in each school, both public and private are trained on how to handle any suspected Ebola case.

Shekarau said the training of the staff on health must be concluded by 15th September, 2015.Shekarau said that he would meet with all State Commissioners of Education on 23rd September, 2014 to appraise the situation.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
Mehn, see enjoyment o

13 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Chasicolis(f): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: Mehn, see enjoyment o

Nor be for everybody oo...make em go school on time oo to prepare for 2015 waec smiley

4 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Chasicolis: .

smiley Spacebooking bah?
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by HFOG(f): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
What does this solve? What about higher institutions? Market? Religious gatherings? Etc.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
HFOG: What does this solve? What about higher institutions? Market? Religious gatherings? Etc.

You know adults can be more conscious,but with kids you never can tell undecided

Keeps them at home..

90 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by repogirl(f): 9:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by HFOG(f): 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
StealthyMe:

You know adults can be more conscious,but with kids you never can tell undecided

Keeps them at home..
Me think it makes no difference. Those adults would still come home to mix with the kids or wouldn't they? This kinda decision would only throw that sector backward. Remember that by April/May there's compulsory holiday because of election. How would staff of private schools cope? No resumption, no school fees, no salary.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
HFOG:
Me think it makes no difference. Those adults would still come home to mix with the kids or wouldn't they? This kinda decision would only throw that sector backward. Remember that by April/May there's compulsory holiday because of election. How would staff of private schools cope? No resumption, no school fees, no salary.

Adults been more security conscious are less likely to come in contact with the virus,reducing the possibility of passing it on to the kids.

But you're totally right bout the others; with the elections coming up & the finances of teachers....

Might be reversed though since the minister said there's just someone with the virus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by HonourablePomk: 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by ify84(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
it makes seriously no difference.....

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by ObiOkpor(m): 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hope it helps.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Tundeiab(m): 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....
Na ur pikin abi sister pikin you dey call rugrats so?

Nawa for you o.

13 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by specco(m): 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is a sensible move though belated. It becomes necessary because kids from divers homes and locations do congregate, in some instances, in very small spaces with poor ventilation everyday for their classes. They should have banned 2014 summer lessons immediately the Ebola news broke out almost 4four weeks ago. We thank God that we are wining the war against Ebola but no precaution is too much. Kudos to Lagos state and the Federal governments.

17 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Pavore9: 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: Mehn, see enjoyment o
For students, teachers, parents or school owners?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pavore9: For students, teachers, parents or school owners?
Omo, na me extend their break? undecided why u dey ask me grin

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Valfrankie(m): 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
My DELIGHT IN PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL embarassedembarassedembarassed. I hated school resumption with this kinda passion that would make you curse the colonial masters for bringing education to Nigeria undecidedundecidedundecided... Lucky kids, enjoy the extra holiday, it doesn't come often gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
brb
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Symphony007: 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
According to the government, the ebola virus is under control save all primary and secondary contacts of the patrick sawyer incident, no other case has been reported or confirmed in any other part of the country, so I don't see the reason for cutting short what will already be a short and confusing school year in 2015 with the elections...this just reminds me of the government shutting down schools in 2010 for "voters registration". Totally unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Donkaz(m): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hopefully the person remaining on ebola quarantine would be discharged soon...

Then maybe the students would be allowed to resume before that date
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Pavore9: 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: Omo, na me extend their break? undecided why u dey ask me grin
lf l no ask you, na who l go ask? Well, lt does really make sense that the stand was taken.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pavore9: lf l no ask you, na who l go ask? Well, lt does really make sense that the stand was taken.
grin na evrybody nw. If children no show 4 school, na d chairs d teachers won educate? Vice versa
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by priscaoge(f): 11:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
The FG pleaded with private schools to EXTEND their holiday till 13th October,and government schools are included. They didn't close any school please,besides they are still on holiday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by suave558(m): 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....
mine?hmmmm... Four turtle ninjas

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Pavore9: 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tazmode: grin na evrybody nw. If children no show 4 school, na d chairs d teachers won educate? Vice versa
l Pity teachers from many private schs as against public sch teachers whose wages are certain whether they are @ home or not!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by bankyblue(m): 12:16am On Aug 27, 2014
Another mass failure looming @ waec.
But all the same kudos to our govt, because this is one situation they ve handle well #EBOLA

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG:
This preventive measure may not stop the spread of the epidemic, but it will curb it even in a little way.

That little, I think it's very important.

7 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 27, 2014
That is not a good decision

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by DollyParton1(f): 1:24am On Aug 27, 2014
They still hold holiday coaching for these same kids. So what the hell is the FG extending the holidays for? They will still end up mingling except they stopped the coaching.
What about churches and mosques?
This decision is not the best

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by phaphyz05(m): 2:17am On Aug 27, 2014
Only God can save us from this deadly disease..

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Wakins(m): 2:50am On Aug 27, 2014
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher / Linus Victor Anyanna Is Best Graduating Student From Federal University Gusau / My Younger Sister Is Too Dull.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.