Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,466 members, 7,958,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October (31629 Views)

List Of Public. Private Universities And Colleges In United State / Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria / Mark Calls For Public, Private Partnership To Save Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 27, 2014
Nice proactive measure! Jona govt working since world war 1

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by ElFenomeno1: 4:42am On Aug 27, 2014
Good move.

Ebola must be contained and pushed out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by ElFenomeno1: 4:43am On Aug 27, 2014
nwobiebuka: Nice proactive measure! Jona govt working since world war 1

Shut up..... Idio....t!

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by fatdon2(m): 4:55am On Aug 27, 2014
EBOLA-Taking a new twist. how
would
this help the situation in the face
of
summer classes that is on in all
private schools?wont there be
interractions
among pupils and students?
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Pennywise(m): 4:58am On Aug 27, 2014
fatdon2: EBOLA-Taking a new twist. how
would
this help the situation in the face
of
summer classes that is on in all
private schools?wont there be
interractions
among pupils and students?

What about churches mosques and crusades.

Doesnt this caste doubt on the health minister's position that Nigeria is now ebola free?
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Burger01(m): 5:00am On Aug 27, 2014
Abeg, they should close Federal offices as well, Workers too dey at eBola risk angry

3 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 27, 2014
smiley
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Funjosh(m): 5:20am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....

She is looking for source shocked grin
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by kenbee(f): 5:22am On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG: What does this solve? What about higher institutions? Market? Religious gatherings? Etc.

why criticize everything when we can start from something.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Orjhong(f): 5:24am On Aug 27, 2014
are there any batch c Corp members who teach here... are you thinking what I'm thinking?? wink

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by solaann: 5:24am On Aug 27, 2014
D new minister love holiday ,I dt see ds solving any problem oh .all ds is politice cos if dy extend d holiday till oct then xmas holiday maybe extende till january.election is feb.God save our country
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by red101(f): 5:33am On Aug 27, 2014
this is a very responsible move.
they should spend the time installing proper toilets, hand washing and sanitizing stalls in all the schools. In fact, any form of development will be appreciated.

4 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by mifavour(f): 5:34am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....
someone didnt listen to network news

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by solaann: 5:38am On Aug 27, 2014
Nigeria ad politice,what abt d coaching dat ve ben going on since more than a month ago. olny God can save us from Ebola ad our leaders.d minister of education lv holiday too much even wen hw was govt of kano sts.now look at the logic of politican...if d holiday is extended til oct 13,den there is a possibilty dat first term holiday ll be extended till jan,since presedential election is feb.its weLl
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by zicoraads: 5:46am On Aug 27, 2014
Sometimes I wish some of you will find yourselves in President GEJ's shoes, walk his walk and let's see how it feels after.

Agreed, the man messes up sometimes. But there is this pattern amongst some of you, you criticze everything he does, even if there is no need for one.

I bet some of you will still be the ones abusing him that he should have been proactive if this move wasn't made and ebola finds its way to a school.

And someone was mentioning salary, is a few months pay not a good sacrifice to make for the safety of the country? Can't you do one good thing for the country? Besides, adults can pretty much take care of themselves in higher institutions, not so for kids.

3 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by snaiper: 5:46am On Aug 27, 2014
yeah, desperate times,desperate measures!

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by repogirl(f): 5:49am On Aug 27, 2014
Tundeiab: Na ur pikin abi sister pikin you dey call rugrats so?

Nawa for you o.
rugrats isn't insultive, you shouldn't interpret things literally ! Na WA for you sef!

3 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by repogirl(f): 5:54am On Aug 27, 2014
mifavour:
someone didnt listen to network news

Funjosh:
She is looking for source shocked grin

suave558: mine?hmmmm... Four turtle ninjas

lol, ouch, I feel more dumb than dumb and dumber right now, I no dey watch NTA news na! I rely on nairaland for news. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by bouquie1(f): 5:55am On Aug 27, 2014
The plan is good. I always wana have ma kids around me. grin
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by olasmith10(m): 5:57am On Aug 27, 2014
its a good move.. but then the FG must come up with something to help curb dis gory situation.. so that all dis stuff won't be a waste of time
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by lonelydora: 5:58am On Aug 27, 2014
So all the noise that emanates from my neighbourhood will still continue? Well, it's okay.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Exodus2k(m): 5:59am On Aug 27, 2014
If it will reduce the spread of ebola then it is welcome
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 6:00am On Aug 27, 2014

Source - http://www.news247.com.ng/news/ebola-primary-secondary-schools-closed-till-oct-13#.U_1lsl2t-o8
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by QuiverBox(f): 6:02am On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG:
Me think it makes no difference. Those adults would still come home to mix with the kids or wouldn't they? This kinda decision would only throw that sector backward. Remember that by April/May there's compulsory holiday because of election. How would staff of private schools cope? No resumption, no school fees, no salary.

Elections are in April/May?

Pls which contry are you refering to ?
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by ncpat(m): 6:07am On Aug 27, 2014
What of alamajeri schools under the mango? Cos that school na 24/7 no holiday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by smudge2079(m): 6:09am On Aug 27, 2014
what of religious gatherings?
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by segradino(m): 6:10am On Aug 27, 2014
Good decision

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d best data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by slap1(m): 6:12am On Aug 27, 2014
Does Shekarau know that most private schools currently run holiday lessons? He should also compel the private schools to pay September salaries to teachers.
Personally, I think this is a wrong decision. The children will still mix with others at Sunday school, market and other places. Schools should resume but immediately contact health workers about any Ebola case because the teachers you're training for Ebola cases may not even attend to any infected child.
Shekarau should be careful not to cause confusion with his first major decision as the Minister of Education.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by makzeze: 6:13am On Aug 27, 2014
They should extend it to january 2015.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Btruth: 6:13am On Aug 27, 2014
I don't think there's any measure taking by the FG and the commissioners that was too much in curtailing this deadly virus. Prevention they say is better than cure. We need a zero tolerance of the Ebola virus in Nigeria. God help Nigeria.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by dat9jaguy(m): 6:13am On Aug 27, 2014
Good proactive thinking.We get it right sometimes in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For All Students Who Studied Botany Or Any Other Plant Related Field / Pictures Only People Who Attend Obafemi Awolowo University Will Relate To / What An APC Supporter Said About Daniel Bwala's Visit To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.