Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October (31407 Views)

List Of Public. Private Universities And Colleges In United State / Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria / Mark Calls For Public, Private Partnership To Save Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by fimbianofimbero: 7:50am On Aug 27, 2014
this ebola issue is becoming crucial,,,closing schools for the normal opening time,,,,ok,,,so ebola has coursed primary and secondary school strike.....ebola i hail you,,if you are a human being,,,aids is learning at where you are.....please now that aids has seen who is stronger than it,,,,can it permit for its cure to be found

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by fimbianofimbero: 7:51am On Aug 27, 2014
this ebola issue is becoming crucial,,,closing schools from the normal opening time,,,,ok,,,so ebola has caused primary and secondary school strike.....ebola i hail you,,if you are a human being,,,aids is learning at where you are.....please now that aids has seen who is stronger than it,,,,can it permit for its cure to be found
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by LordCenturion(m): 7:55am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl:
three sef grin

Chisus Christ !!!!!!! shocked shocked ,omo,u bad gan ni,,I giv u "distinction
" straight away. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2014
Now this my nephew that keeps on scattering my belongings won't go anytime soon. Let me go home and beat him a bit grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by searay(m): 8:01am On Aug 27, 2014
How I wish, it will be extended, those SS3 girls too dey give me wahala
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Pvin: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG:
Me think it makes no difference. Those adults would still come home to mix with the kids or wouldn't they? This kinda decision would only throw that sector backward. Remember that by April/May there's compulsory holiday because of election. How would staff of private schools cope? No resumption, no school fees, no salary.
Better to be late(time) than to be late(dead)
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 27, 2014

firstly,i hope dis doesn't affect the university nd higher institution...

then ..FG niqqas b making foolish decisions since amalgamation
they totally think ebola would b under control by oct13,they really gat something else coming...
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Affable200(m): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2014
Hmmm problem dey ooo.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by 5thNOTE: 8:26am On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG: What does this solve? What about higher institutions? Market? Religious gatherings? Etc.
It is too much o. All these our academic disruption every year is too much. He should pls reduce according to the results of Ebola cases in nigeria.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 8:31am On Aug 27, 2014
5thNOTE: It is too much o. All these our academic disruption every year is too much. He should pls reduce according to the results of Ebola cases in nigeria.

That could be looked into once they're certain therr are no more cases...
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Tundeiab(m): 8:39am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl: rugrats isn't insultive, you shouldn't interpret things literally ! Na WA for you sef!
School me please!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Ignatio(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2014
DollyParton1: They still hold holiday coaching for these same kids. So what the hell is the FG extending the holidays for? They will still end up mingling except they stopped the coaching.
What about churches and mosques?
This decision is not the best

Exactly. The holiday lessons should be stopped too. Our government people don't reason deep.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by shilexholly(m): 9:01am On Aug 27, 2014
Dem go send me msg tire 4 aous now.....
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by sammyboy02: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2014
LIKE ME WEY BE SAY ME AND MY WIFE NA TEACHER HOW WE GO DO.NOW? FOR THE PAET THREE MONTS WE NEVA FIT CHOP BELEFOOD NOW.UNA DON ADD ANODA ONE MONTY,,,,,,,, DIA RIS GOD OOOOOOO DIA RIS GOD OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO PROBLEM
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Wokeyim(f): 9:06am On Aug 27, 2014
Welcome move by the FGN. For those arguing that this move is not necessary, they probably should have a re-think. A two year old will not know how and when to wash his hands, use hand sanitizers, avoid body contacts with his playmates; they will pick and eat things from any surface, etc. How many of them can the Teacher properly attend to? As for church gatherings, the choice is yours as Govt may not be expected to dabble into religious matters. My church has stopped shaking of hands and I have since stopped letting my toddler attend Sunday school class; she sits right with me until service is over and I won't let any one help me carry her. With this ebola thing, one can never be too careful. May God save us from it and soon enough, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by owoadeakin: 9:07am On Aug 27, 2014
mheeeeeeeeeeen, hw will private school teachers cope. 3 month no salary. oooooooooooooh my God, I HAS DIE
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by fajani(m): 9:22am On Aug 27, 2014
I beg. them no do well joor. why them no stop all private and gov. workers as well
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Mariojane(f): 9:25am On Aug 27, 2014
i trust the catholic secondary boarding school i graduated from they will resume when they want nd nobody can stop them. the school does not even observe some public holidays at time cos they dont like missing a day class.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by hillit: 9:26am On Aug 27, 2014
Men! See me oo. I be teacher ooo(private) so no salary till october.NYSC(now ur sufferin conti...)
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by sidosky(m): 9:28am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....

I JUST RETURNED MY TWO LITTLE SOLDIERS BACK TO THEIR GRANDMA AS I HEARD THE NEWS BEFORE THEM GIVE ME HIGH BP.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by repogirl(f): 9:31am On Aug 27, 2014
sidosky:

I JUST RETURNED MY TWO LITTLE SOLDIERS BACK TO THEIR GRANDMA AS I HEARD THE NEWS BEFORE THEM GIVE ME HIGH BP.
lol, wish I could do same, I seriously need a break!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nduxzy: 9:34am On Aug 27, 2014
EBOLA: Primary and Secondary contacts, No Tertiary Contacts!

FG CLOSURE: Primary and Secondary Schools, No Tertiary Schools!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by ohzee(f): 9:34am On Aug 27, 2014
And by January they will close again for elections like in 2007. Our education keeps going down everyday. The schools should have been asked to start training their staff since beginning of August as they have been on holiday. Is it now they realized schools will soon resume? Well, life and good health first. May God help our children. Parents just try to get them to read ahead at home and buy their books.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by onyxo76(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2014
well at least i can postpone school fees hustling for an additional month, but then these boys just dey chop all the food for house and my tv no dey gree rest again - powerpuff girls and pink panther 24 hours a day.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Orikinla(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2014
Good action.

Prevention is better than cure.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Icecomrade: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2014
This kind of Pro-active step is what is desired from the FG.

Well done Minister of Education
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 27, 2014
Tazmode: Mehn, see enjoyment o

No be small thing...

Are you a teacher or primary school pupil ?
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2014
Orikinla: Good action.

Provision is better than Kiosk .

Be serious for once..
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Shahensha(m): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2014
that one no go stop the private schools at all from resuming, they will just contact their students and ask them to becoming to skul on mofti, in the guise of lessons
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Kizyte(m): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Kizyte(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....
Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-scare-fg-shuts-schools-till-october-13/

Just assisting OP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) / Students Seen Climbing Transformer Fence In A Bid To Cross Flood / OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.