Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,260 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 (41956 Views)

My Lexus Gs300 Check Engine, Vsc, Vsc Off Light Is On. How Do I Wipe It Off? / Brake Light Indication On My Dashboard. / An Indication On My Dashboard, Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Nixon55(m): 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
I want to share my experience with "Check VSC System Warning" that came on my dashboard about a week ago. I noticed that the warning Check VSC System came up while driving one day. I used my Obd2 scanner and ran the diagnosis and it came up with the code P0306, Cylinder 6 misfire detected and a check engine illuminated afterwards. Car would jerk while idling and would hesistate while speeding off. After careful study I narrowed the fault to possibly bad spark plugs. I learnt that the engine disables the VSC System when it starts loosing power.
I went ahead to change the spark plugs. Now that is the interesting part; the plugs for the 2.4L 4cyl engine is different from the ones for the 3.5L 6cyl engine. The right plugs are FH20KR-11 and it was quite a challenge finding it. I got it and changed all the six plugs and cleared the codes. I drove for about 2km and the check engine light came up again together with the check VSC System warning. I got home and scanned the car again, this time around it came up with P0356, Ignition Coil 6 Primary/Secondary Circuit. I went ahead to replace the ignition coil on cylinder 6.
After changing the ignition coil and clearing the codes i decided to test drive my car and it came back to life, full 268hp V6 power. It was quite an experience!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by crisycent: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
I hope the 2011 is not like this? And also that Camry is not bad because I have Honda at the back of my mind but my mechanic says Toyota is stronger especially the legs compared to Honda.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by AMvanquish: 12:17am On Aug 27, 2014
crisycent: I hope the 2011 is not like this? And also that Camry is not bad because I have Honda at the back of my mind but my mechanic says Toyota is stronger especially the legs compared to Honda.

Same reason I went ahead to get a Toyota myself, My former Civic gave me leg issues while our romance lasted. I had to go for repairs on my camry sometime back and the mechanic that changed my ball joints was shocked it was still intact at the state he saw it. He said if it was a Honda, it would have pulled out long ago..

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by lonelydora: 6:12am On Aug 27, 2014
AMvanquish:
Same reason I went ahead to get a Toyota myself, My former Civic gave me leg issues while our romance lasted. I had to go for repairs on my camry sometime back and the mechanic that changed my ball joints was shocked it was still intact at the state he saw it. He said if it was a Honda, it would have pulled out long ago..
crisycent: I hope the 2011 is not like this? And also that Camry is not bad because I have Honda at the back of my mind but my mechanic says Toyota is stronger especially the legs compared to Honda.

Nigerians will never change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by phemmy26(m): 7:47am On Aug 27, 2014
Exactly what is actually going wrong with my camry 2009 v6 se. The VSC light also came on and subsequently the check engine light. The car would Car would jerk on start up like but later after like 5 mins it then becomes normal, though i suspect the plugs but i am yet to scan it...would do the needful this weekend..

@Nixon55 Where did you get the FH20KR-11
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Nixon55(m): 8:26am On Aug 27, 2014
@phemmy26, I live in PH so I bought it from one guy at Ikoku. If you are in PH I will give you his number. The plugs are N3,500 each. The correct plug number is FK20HR11. It is made of a material called IRIDIUM.
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 27, 2014
phemmy26:
@Nixon55 Where did you get the FH20KR-11
It appears Op made a mistake. It should be FK20HR-11. It's Denso Iridium. Same as Denso SK20HR11. You could also use NGK DILFR6D11.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Nixon55(m): 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
Costee:
It appears Op made a mistake. It should be FK20HR-11. It's Denso Iridium. Same as Denso SK20HR11. You could also use NGK DILFR6D11.

"Costee, Pls verify your information on the plugs. The SK20HR11 is for the 2.4L 4Cyl Engine. see extract from amazon website below. I even went to Elizade Motors in PH to verify the numbers and they confirmed that the SK20HR11 is not for the 3.5L 6Cyl Engine (2GR-FE) and that they are not the same plugs.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Note carefully and spot the difference:
2.4L: SK20R11
3.5L: SK20HR11
The part number for the 2.4L is 90080-91180
The part number for the 3.5L is 90919-01247
Google all the four groups of numbers and note the relevant returns.
FK20HR11 is Denso made for Toyota; while SK20HR11 is Denso (aftermarket). Apparently those at Elizade are unaware of this distinction.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Nixon55(m): 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
Costee: Note carefully and spot the difference:
2.4L: SK20R11
3.5L: SK20HR11
The part number for the 2.4L is 90080-91180
The part number for the 3.5L is 90919-01247
Google all the four groups of numbers and note the relevant returns.
FK20HR11 is Denso made for Toyota; while SK20HR11 is Denso (aftermarket). Apparently those at Elizade are unaware of this distinction.

The important thing here is to give the forum the right information and not as much as who is right or wrong. The 90919-01247 is the OEM part number for FK20HR-11. Both SK20R11 and SK20HR11 are not for the 3.5L (2GR-FE) engine.
See extract below from sellers on e-bay

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lol. ebay! Sellers on ebay would always stay close to oem numbers for obvious reasons. On the other hand I also cross check with the manufacturers or part dealers for compatible parts. In other words I don't limit my search to one source. If this would be of any use to you check
http://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/toyota/90919-01247
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nixon55:

The SK20HR11 is for the 2.4L 4Cyl.
Could you please verify this on ebay?
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Areaboy2(m): 9:46am On Feb 02, 2015
Ive just had this warning pop up on my car. Same car as op.

I do however think the ignition coil was the problem all along.

Doubt plugs will go that easily.

I need to buy a vehicle scanner to get my work started.
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Icon4s(m): 11:23am On Feb 02, 2015
I also noticed the VSC and Check engine lights on for my newly acquired 2007 Toyota 4runner.
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by FlyboyZee: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
The VSC light came on in a friend's Lexus RX 330. The owner did not understand and after a while the same thing the OP observed was noticed with the car. He complained of the vehicle losing power and regaining it after a while and was at a loss about what to do as the Owner's Manual only recommends that the car be taken to a Toyota or Lexus dealership to take care of the problem and there is none in the town we live and he is scared to hell to try Rasheed, the roadside guy. Thanks OP for this thread, I'll ask my friend to take a look at this thread.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Coolcash1: 8:11am On Nov 23, 2015
Tx for this information. I first observed this indication in my 2009 camry XLE I4 like two months ago on my way to work. I pulled off the road brought out my phone to Google the cause. Though I am not a mech engineer but I discovered that it could be adduced to two things; the exhaust area or from the engine.

I complained to my mech and the guy said I should ignore that he had service the car and such indication won't come up again- though never satisfied with his submission but took it. Now I want to drive out this morning and the car refused to start. When I tried to start the dash board light was blinking and was showing VSC system.

Now I am confused. Could it be the VSC or battery problem (because its the battery that came with it from the US when i bought it almost 2 years ago). However, I am careful now going to get a new battery cause of what I have read here..who knows may be its the plugs that are acting up..phew!
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by chukel(m): 11:26am On Nov 23, 2015
Coolcash1:
Tx for this information. I first observed this indication in my 2009 camry XLE I4 like two months ago on my way to work. I pulled off the road brought out my phone to Google the cause. Though I am not a mech engineer but I discovered that it could be adduced to two things; the exhaust area or from the engine.

I complained to my mech and the guy said I should ignore that he had service the car and such indication won't come up again- though never satisfied with his submission but took it. Now I want to drive out this morning and the car refused to start. When I tried to start the dash board light was blinking and was showing VSC system.

Now I am confused. Could it be the VSC or battery problem (because its the battery that came with it from the US when i bought it almost 2 years ago). However, I am careful now going to get a new battery cause of what I have read here..who knows may be its the plugs that are acting up..phe

u guys keep disappointing me. Must you wait for someone to shout it before you scan that car? I just hate how most nigerians reason. Everybody is now concluding that check engine and VSC appearing means plug or coil. Nobody took note of the fact that op scanned his car and had direction on what to do. Moreover, scanners are cheap. Contact me for one.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by kingreign(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
Coolcash1:

Now I am confused. Could it be the VSC or battery problem (because its the battery that came with it from the US when i bought it almost 2 years ago). However, I am careful now going to get a new battery cause of what I have read here..who knows may be its the plugs that are acting up..phew!

Bring your car to Mike he's in Abuja 07934581213, or take it to Gazzuzz, he's in Lagos 08023251039
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by dhemmyhardy(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
@Areaboy2 Good day how are doing today I have Car scanner in Stock for sale
Launch Creader VI+ it good for you with nice features Contact me
@ my signature for more info

Regards
dhemmyhardy
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by estherola(m): 4:11am On Dec 10, 2015
How much is your scanner?
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by honmusa(m): 7:47am On Dec 10, 2015

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by stephcruse(m): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
Well since your car evectuelly take a new coil ,it means your spark plugs are still good.But for any one who did not know once you notice vsc and check or vsc and ABS it mean something is going wrong just pick up your scanner and ran a scan or you dont have get qualify technician i mean qualify technitian to scan and interpret and repair dont let them block this light they are important.
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by NorthEast: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
@Nixon55, I am having the same issue at the moment. I am in ph, email your number to me at ahunanyahk@yahoo.com so we could talk please or leave your email address so I could send you my number
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Kingsdave(m): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
chukel:
u guys keep disappointing me. Must you wait for someone to shout it before you scan that car? I just hate how most nigerians reason. Everybody is now concluding that check engine and VSC appearing means plug or coil. Nobody took note of the fact that op scanned his car and had direction on what to do. Moreover, scanners are cheap. Contact me for one.

How much is a scanner
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by kingreign(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
Kingsdave:

How much is a scanner
anything from 4k-5m
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Kingsdave(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
kingreign:
anything from 4k-5m

Even if it gives me a code ... How can I interprete it
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by chukel(m): 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
Kingsdave:

How much is a scanner
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by autologic: 6:46am On Jul 12, 2019
Kingsdave:

This is where the role of trained mechanic come in .
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by thebigkendo(m): 6:52am On Jul 12, 2019
Kingsdave:

Google/youtube
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by Kingsdave(m): 7:21am On Jul 12, 2019
chukel:

I need a personal scanner...I'm not a mechanic
Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by naijadrivablog: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2019
Wow! That XLE trim has dual climatic control (Air-conditioning vents for front and back passengers).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 by chukel(m): 9:51am On Jul 12, 2019
Kingsdave:

I need a personal scanner...I'm not a mechanic
lol. Reach out to me on whatsapp

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. / Made-In-Nigeria Hybrid Electric Car Unveiled In Abuja (Photos) / Photo: Can You Tell What Toyota Car This Is By Looking At Its Interior?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.