Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo (2414 Views)

Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe / Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For Sixteen Years / My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:41am On Aug 27, 2014
By Daud Olatunji
ABEOKUTA – Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has taken a swipe on the economic situation in the country under President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration, declaring that Nigerians are back to the late dictator, General Sani Abacha where the middle class was non-existent .

Obasanjo said the prevailing economic situation in the country has shown clearly that the middle-class had been destroyed .

The former President stand this over the weekend when a group of traders visited him at his Hilltop home in Abeokuta .

Obasanjo who disclosed that he received a text message which he said shocked him , saying, a middle class Nigerian requesting for financial assistance from him.

According to him, ” We will keep going and we will survive this though Time . I told him we have experience this period in time of Abacha, all the middle class were completely destroyed .

“I was surprised the day a colonel in the Army came to me complaining that he and his family could not afford to buy a car.

A friend of mine, Dr. Okoro, a Medical Doctor, his wife, also a Medical Doctor and their daughter, who is also a Medical Doctor, between the three of them, they could not afford a new car, they had to go to Saudi Arabia, but, I pray we will not have such a time in Nigeria.

“We have to be at alert, to be forewarned is to be forearmed, if we will get ourselves out of the immorals we find ourselves in, it has to be done by each and everyone of us. We all have contribution to make and should not leave our responsibility on other for us to do. If we fail to participate in things that are meaningfully positive for this country, you will be a victim and we all become victims.

“As for me, we don’t know where we are going yet, may God Show us the way, the way that will take this country and make it a great country, and when, for me ooo, I understand and I see the way, I will tell you, I pray that God will show me the way, may God show you the way”, Obasanjo said .

The National President of the Nigerian Market/Traders Council, Osho, said the visit was meant to get the direction of the former president on the 2015
election.

She said the council had tremendous support of the former President during his eight year rule “as such, we deem it necessary and as a mark of respect to come and find out on which direction we are going.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/jonathan-administration-destroyed-nigeria-economy-obasanjo/

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by RoyalRoy(m): 12:46am On Aug 27, 2014

“As for me, we don’t know where we are going yet, may God Show us the way, the way that will take this country and make it a great country, and when, for me ooo, I understand and I see the way, I will tell you, I pray that God will show me the way, may God show you the way”, Obasanjo said .

Baba again with his coded tunes.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by fyxboss(m): 1:04am On Aug 27, 2014
OK
Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 27, 2014
Thief Obasanjo the hypocrite

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 27, 2014
When you have a clueless, inept and unprepared ogogoro drinker from Otuoke as the president, this is what you get! He will destroy the economy totally. Zoologist are expected to be in the zoo with animal not governing human being!
Fresh air till Nigeria disintegrate

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by heed101(m): 1:26am On Aug 27, 2014
JayJohnson: When you have a clueless, inept and unprepared ogogoro drinker from Otuoke as the president, this is what you get! He will destroy the economy totally. Zoologist are expected to be in the zoo with animal not governing human being!
it is in the blood, the likes of alam, ibori, clark lipsrsealed
JayJohnson: When you have a clueless, inept and unprepared ogogoro drinker from Otuoke as the president, this is what you get! He will destroy the economy totally. Zoologist are expected to be in the zoo with animal not governing human being!
it is in the blood, the likes of alam, ibori, clark

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Dreal1247: 2:01am On Aug 27, 2014
Person that converted Operation Feed The Nation, government property to his personal business in the name of Otta Farm. He is always looking for an opportunity to lash at the president. If left alone a minute call should have become one hundred Naira.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by phransix147(m): 2:32am On Aug 27, 2014

Space book by a Landlord

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by impromptu: 2:51am On Aug 27, 2014
Game of thrones - Season

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by phlemzy: 2:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Hope these Okoros wont be surprise to find their name in the print. But I thought Baba was going to be reconciled again with GEJ by some spirit led priests& pastors.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 27, 2014
MichaelSokoto: By Daud Olatunji
ABEOKUTA – Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has taken a swipe on the economic situation in the country under President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration, declaring that Nigerians are back to the late dictator, General Sani Abacha where the middle class was non-existent .

Obasanjo said the prevailing economic situation in the country has shown clearly that the middle-class had been destroyed .

The former President stand this over the weekend when a group of traders visited him at his Hilltop home in Abeokuta .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/jonathan-administration-destroyed-nigeria-economy-obasanjo/

This shameless unrepentant thief should shut up already

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by DickDastardly(m): 6:01am On Aug 27, 2014
I rather listen to smaller thieves like Anini, Oyenusi etc than OBJ who robbed millions of nigerians. He appears intact when silent, but bitter, frustrated and senile each time he opens his septic tank called mouth! And finally, he shall not see 2015!

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by skyrocketters: 6:13am On Aug 27, 2014
i taught some cleric somedays back reconciled OBJ and GEJ back to themselves

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by omenka(m): 6:33am On Aug 27, 2014
GenBuhari: Thief Obasanjo the hypocrite
Bros walahi, I hardly understand you these days. You hardly seem to make sense these days unlike the GenBuhari I used to know after the release of those your "Ebola is a hoax" series.

What's going on

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by rasbaby(f): 6:38am On Aug 27, 2014
Is he still in the media undecided?

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 27, 2014
That's why i admire the Man. He hardly holds back his thoughts.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by kayjasper(f): 7:35am On Aug 27, 2014
DickDastardly: And finally, he shall not see 2015!

Wish unto others what you wish yourself.
Maybe you will love to wish your dad this also. Dick-Bastardly

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by kayjasper(f): 7:38am On Aug 27, 2014
omenka: Bros walahi, I hardly understand you these days. You hardly seem to make sense these days unlike the GenBuhari I used to know after the release of those your "Ebola is a hoax" series.

What's going on

Seriously I think the original GenBuhari had been kidnapped and incarcerated. This must be a clone of him. He doesn't seem articulate and in charge anymore.

Or maybe he has been inducted into the laptop family too

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 27, 2014
baba werey
Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Adindupeter: 7:43am On Aug 27, 2014
omenka: Bros walahi, I hardly understand you these days. You hardly seem to make sense these days unlike the GenBuhari I used to know after the release of those your "Ebola is a hoax" series.

What's going on
. To you and your likes making sense is when one is anti GEJ. #Pathetic

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by otokx(m): 7:48am On Aug 27, 2014
OBJ has started again but we are not deceived, GEJ is doing so much better than OBJ.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by omenka(m): 7:49am On Aug 27, 2014
Adindupeter: . To you and your likes making sense is when one is anti GEJ. #Pathetic
Yeah. Your life must really be pathetic. And who says the poster is pro GEJ??

#Asswipe.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by ratiken(m): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2014
This man called OBJ is the worst thing that happened to this country. After supervising the greatest number of political assassinations in this country under 8 years, he should be stoned to death.
The desperation and looting around governance was instituted by this evil criminal.
Who forgets the annual increase in petrol pump price? Who institutionalized subsidy fraud? Who made a mess of INEC and elections in Nigeria? who bastardized transcorp?
He is a failure at family, national and military levels.

Its too late to seek relevance, he should just pray for death rather than distract a functional government. His biggest headache is that GEJ has continued to show how an FG can impact people in a short time...... something he could not afford in over 12 years.

Obasanjo is an enemy of the Nigerian state.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 27, 2014
Take it from me, Obasanjo is no longer allowed to loot the way he used to do. No more sharing of money that's why they are all pissed off. Obasanjo is saying our economy is been destroyed, foreign investors are saying Nigeria's economy is growing speedly and they are coming in to invest.

By the way does OBJ has the moral value to judge anyone? How was Nigeria under him. Nigeria under OBJ was far worse than it is now, far far worst to the extent that even a 1yr old kid was bitter with OBJ.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by brainpower(m): 7:52am On Aug 27, 2014
Whenever OBJ opens his mouth, all I see is bitterness bt its quite unfortunate that he can't rule forever. If he can provide 10 middle class people that complain to him about the state of the nation GEJ can provide 20 people that commend him too. Politics in Nigeria is personal interest and so far GEJ isn't representing his interest. Its quite unfortunate what General Obasanjo has turned himself to, his mates are busy being elderstatemen and criticizing when necessary but he's here forming opposition, that's why Atiku will always have the courage to fight him. How many Nigerians went on exile during his tenure? He should be happy that during his time we didn't hv social media propaganda like we hv now cos he refused to grant FOI bill and he's not from a minority region.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by omenka(m): 7:52am On Aug 27, 2014
kayjasper:

Seriously I think the original GenBuhari had been kidnapped and incarcerated. This must be a clone of him. He doesn't seem articulate and in charge anymore.
Exactly the point I was making and not him sounding pro-GEJ like the other poster I quoted assumed. What's my problem with anyone sounding pro-establishment?? Absolutely not my problem!

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by jamace(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2014
OBJ should hide his head in shame. I remain saddened that OBJ could not use his experience as a military head of state to steer Nigeria in the right direction during his second shot as President of this nation. OBJ wasted 2 chances (given to him on platter of gold) and I wonder why he is so concerned about how GEJ is running the affairs of this nation.

It is glaring that GEJ has resuscitated most of the industries that went moribund under OBJ administration, railways, automobiles, textiles etc. In fact, GEJ has eliminated fuel scarcity which OBJ as both President and Minister for petroleum could not tackle. So, what is OBJ saying?

As far as I am concerned, GEJ has outperformed OBJ and Obj is just jealous of the monumental strides made by GEJ administration. Period.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 27, 2014
I know OBJ's problem.it all started since Gbenga's wife travelled about 2 weeks ago.The old inbred has been badly starved!!!! Pele Baba iyabo!! Your daughter-in-law would soon be back.For the main time sniffing her panties which she left in naija should suffice to cure you of your conji

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Ukutsgp(m): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2014
ratiken: This man called OBJ is the worst thing that happened to this country. After supervising the greatest number of political assassinations in this country under 8 years, he should be stoned to death.
The desperation and looting around governance was instituted by this evil criminal.
Who forgets the annual increase in petrol pump price? Who institutionalized subsidy fraud? Who made a mess of INEC and elections in Nigeria? who bastardized transcorp?
He is a failure at family, national and military levels.

Its too late to seek relevance, he should just pray for death rather than distract a functional government. His biggest headache is that GEJ has continued to show how an FG can impact people in a short time...... something he could not afford in over 12 years.

Obasanjo is an ennemy of the Nigerian state.
well said.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Ukutsgp(m): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2014
trust me. u are not in your right senses when u typed this.

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Dmano: 10:02am On Aug 27, 2014
Somebody that increase fuel price 11 times in 8yrs have d gut 2talk abt economy,which economy is he talking about? Abeg relax,we know those who should talk not out of bitterness

Re: Jonathan Administration Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – Obasanjo by Arosa(m): 10:05am On Aug 27, 2014
GEJ never still settle OBJ? By the time OBJ's needs are meet, he will resume 'praising' GEJ. undecided

Enugu Tackles Multiple Taxation, Inaugurates Mercedes Benz Center / Bokoharam : Can it still be said that GEJ is behind the insurgency? / Photos - Saraki Leaving The Tribunal All Smiles