Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Health Advice: Doctors Online - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Advice: Doctors Online (65211 Views)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Health Advice; Doctors Pleeeeaaassse! / Health Is Wealth: Health Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
Iffffffy:
alright sir. 30th of last month

Ok!

Whenever you feel any pregnancy related discomfort, feel free to let me know about it.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Leem4: 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Iffffffy(f): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
Marc9:

Ok!

Whenever you feel any pregnancy related discomfort, feel free to let me know about it.
alright sir. Thanks much
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Jhymrod(f): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2014
Good morniing doctors,please have been having this cough since last 1 week,it started with cattarh nd have used tutolin cough syrup. But still having d cough. Please help
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 21, 2014
Jhymrod:
Good morniing doctors,please have been having this cough since last 1 week,it started with cattarh nd have used tutolin cough syrup. But still having d cough. Please help

There's an underlying factor responsible for the persistent cough. It could actually be a bacterial infection thus, the tutolin wasn't the right indication.

I don't rx POM in an open social platform. If would send me a PM, I'll recommend an effective expectorant, plus antibiotic if necessary.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Jhymrod(f): 11:12am On Dec 21, 2014
Marc9:

There's an underlying factor responsible for the persistent cough. It could actually be a bacterial infection thus, the tutolin wasn't the right indication.

I don't rx POM in an open social platform. If would send me a PM, I'll recommend an effective expectorant, plus antibiotic if necessary.
ok,thanks
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by tigonana: 11:43am On Dec 21, 2014
Doctor please help me my sperm is watery please wat can I do,I learnt dat wit dis my watery sperm I can impregnate a woman,I hve tried to impregnate my girlfriend but noting,please I need help.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
tigonana:
Doctor please help me my sperm is watery please wat can I do,I learnt dat wit dis my watery sperm I can impregnate a woman,I hve tried to impregnate my girlfriend but noting,please I need help.

Hydrospermia(watery seemen) doesn't necessarily mean the man is infertile. Some other factors could be responsible for unsuccessful conception. Does your partner have regular menstruation? Do you know if she's been checked free of ovarian cyst, PCOS, or retroverted uterus?

Well, I can recommend something that can boost seemen quality(viscosity). Then I'd advise your partner sees a gynae to ascertain if she's ok, or holds the reason to why you guys have been unsuccessful in TTC.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Pasca07: 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Still expecting ur prescription......@marc9
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by tigonana: 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
Marc9:

Hydrospermia(watery seemen) doesn't necessarily mean the man is infertile. Some other factors could be responsible for unsuccessful conception. Does your partner have regular menstruation? Do you know if she's been checked free of ovarian cyst, PCOS, or retroverted uterus?

Well, I can recommend something that can boost seemen quality(viscosity). Then I'd advise your partner sees a gynae to ascertain if she's ok, or holds the reason to why you guys have been unsuccessful in TTC.
am very grateful to dat,tanks u very much.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by ayindejimmy(m): 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
Please., what could be the cause of excessive urinating? My dad is in is early 70s and he can urinate more than ten times before morning. What can be done to reduce this?

Thanks
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
ayindejimmy:
Please., what could be the cause of excessive urinating? My dad is in is early 70s and he can urinate more than ten times before morning. What can be done to reduce this?

Thanks

Your dad likely has diabetes mellitus. That explains why he urinates frequently.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 24, 2014
Been awhile! I'm glad everyone is okay. But never forget, your health is your number one priority.

Stay healthy!

2 Likes

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by flakkykul(f): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
Pls doc is there any drug to help with getting pregnant with twins,I am conversant with d ones written online,just looking for the best option.planing to get pregnant by feb.thanx
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
flakkykul:
Pls doc is there any drug to help with getting pregnant with twins,I am conversant with d ones written online,just looking for the best option.planing to get pregnant by feb.thanx

There's a particular hormonal pill that can induce multiple ovulation. But then, it's advisable to seek the help of a gynae in person. I actually don't rx POMs online. You can send me a PM
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Bukkiminat(f): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hmmmm marc9, y didn't u go for mbbs
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by STENON(f): 1:03am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Xmas to everbody on this forum.

Compliment of the Yuletide season and Happy Xmas to Doc. Mac9, May God continue to help you, evn more than what you are doing for many of us on this forum. Thanks and God bless you sir.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 25, 2014
STENON:
Merry Xmas to everbody on this forum.

Compliment of the Yuletide season and Happy Xmas to Doc. Mac9, May God continue to help you, evn more than what you are doing for many of us on this forum. Thanks and God bless you sir.

I'm so honoured! And I wish you and your family a merry christmas. Happy holiday!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 25, 2014
My family and I wish you all a merry christmas and a prosperous new year ahead. Delay is not denial. For those seeking the fruits of the womb, God will surely surprise you soon. Don't wait for the test strip to read positive before buying baby stuff, you should work in faith and begin to buy your baby's stuff ahead. God delights in faith, and when he sees the level of your faith, I tell you, he'll gladly grant your heart desires!

Happy holiday!

2 Likes

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by STENON(f): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2014
Marc9:

I'm so honoured! And I wish you and your family a merry christmas. Happy holiday!
Alright, Thank you sir.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by queenet246(f): 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
pls doc what is the meaning of this blood group
A Rh (D) POSITIVE
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:13am On Dec 26, 2014
queenet246:
pls doc what is the meaning of this blood group
A Rh (D) POSITIVE

A+ means your blood group is A and has the rhesus protein. There's nothing much to worry about since you're Rh+.

Your "A" blood group means you can only receive blood from blood group"A" or "O".
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2014
mumjk:
Gud monin Dr, I've been diagnosed of uterine fibroids though my gynae said it won't stop me from having kids. He prescribed clomid for me which I took for two months but it didn't work, pls wat else can I do to get pregnant?

Depending the location and the size of the fibroids, it may or may not affect your chances of conceiving. So I'll believe the gynae made his recommendation in line with the scan report( you gave him the report right?)

Well, other factors that could affect conception must be ascertained as well. Your hormone balance is very important in TTC.

I'd advise you go back to the gynae. I'm sure he'll indicate you run hormonal profiling. Also, your partner needs to be checked to rule him in or out. Let him go along with you to see the gynae.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2014
mumjk:
yes I gave him the scan report and based on dat he gave his advice. I have ran an hormonal profiling and have taken medications to balance it. Wat else can I do pls? Tnx for being there

Men are equally involved in TTC just as women are. It's a 50-50 share. Has your husband been checked ok? Has he run a seminal analysis to show he has no fertility problem?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2014
mumjk:
no he hasn't ran a seminal analysis, we only ran test for infections which showed dat we had no infections. Pls how is d Seminal analysis done?

Seminal analysis deals with ascertaining the number of sperm cells in his ejaculatiion, the quality of his se.men, and the sperm morphology.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
AbuMaryam1:
Doctor in the house, my problem is I dont take much water, and the very day I take water I will be urinating almost every 45mins or less,and no matter how small I drunk it. If I can spend the day taking other watery juices I can't urinate compared to taking water. Kindly advise me. And let me tell you I can spent a week without drinking water, I rarely feel thirsty in my life even if I run, only when I'm expose to extreme hot. Please what shall I do? Am i well?

Medically, it's nt possible for you to go a week without liquid. The week you spent without water, you surely must have taken liquid(fruit juice or soft drinks) which contains 80% of water.

What I can diagnose from your complaint is hyponatremia(low sodium ion in the blood), or low ADH secretion.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
AbuMaryam1:

Yeah, I don't stay a week without liquid, what I'm saying it can take me a week without taking clean water, of course yes. I do drinks water in other form. What's disturbing is the amount of urination that occurs if I take a pure/ or clean water.

Here's what happens.... Pure water doesn't contain strong electrolytes, and when you drink water, your ADH secretion is likely low and doesn't lead to water absorption/retention thus, you seem to pass out water through micturition.

Unlike water, fruit juice or any other form of liquid contains strong electrolytes which aids the absorption of water thus, less amount of water is loss through micturition.

Like I said earlier, either you have hyponatremia or low ADH secretion.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
Marc9:

Here's what happens.... Pure water doesn't contain strong electrolytes, and when you drink water, your ADH secretion is likely low and doesn't lead to water absorption/retention thus, you seem to pass out water through micturition.

Unlike water, fruit juice or any other form of liquid contains strong electrolytes which aids the absorption of water thus, less amount of water is loss through micturition.

Like I said earlier, either you have hyponatremia or low ADH secretion.

Thanks brother, what's your advise? Thanks.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
AbuMaryam1:

Thanks brother, what's your advice? Thanks.

Go for check up! Some tests and investigation would be carried out.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by AbuMaryam1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
Marc9:

Go for check up! Some tests and investigation would be carried out.
stay blessed
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 30, 2014
sunnygal:
Good morning nd thanks for that, this is supposed to be a pregnancy nd typhoid,is d blood=positive means am pregnant?

I can't make out what's written on that report. The image is not clear enough. But since the test was PT and widal, and an inference was made on blood being positive, then it means you're pregnant!

Congrat!

You may need to zoom the image and snap afresh. Upload the image so I can interpret your widal report.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
chiamo:
A lady who is close to me is having a serious pain on her left bosom. She started experiencing this pains after the birth of her second child, occurring a week before her menstrual cycle and to stop immediately the flow starts.
Now that she is pregnant again, she is experiencing the pain and is more severe than before.

Please: 1. What does this pain signify?
2. What can be done about it?

1. The pain is associated with hyperprolactinaemia (extremely high prolactin in the blood).

2. Since she's pregnant, I'll advise she goes to see a gynae.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply)

Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.