Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Health Advice: Doctors Online - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Advice: Doctors Online (65492 Views)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Health Advice; Doctors Pleeeeaaassse! / Health Is Wealth: Health Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 05, 2014
diegs:

You didnt answer thevsecond question. Is it possible for an immature egg to be fertilized and result tl blighted ovum

Yes its possible. The immature egg(blighted ovum) is released immaturedly, likely fertilized, and implanted in the uterine lining. The blighted ovum begins to enlarge in the uterus, giving a pseudo-gestational impression. It eventually becomes thwarted.

When exactly did you miscarry? And how many false weeks gone were you at the time of miscarriage? did you have an evacuation afterwards?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 05, 2014
Yeske:
Well done doc.

My 10 days old baby is stooling after almost every feeding (breastfeeding). What can I do? This has been happening for about 3 days now.

N.B. I clean my breasts before feeding her.

Thanks.

Well, new born babies actually stool(pass out watery faeces, nt solid or semi-solid faeces). But if she stools immediately after bre*stfeeding, then it's likely you're overfeeding your baby. Too much bre*stmilk could purge a baby.

Was she delivered through CS or VB?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Yeske: 10:52am On Dec 05, 2014
Marc9:

Well, new born babies actually stool(pass out watery faeces, nt solid or semi-solid faeces). But if she stools immediately after bre*stfeeding, then it's likely you're overfeeding your baby. Too much bre*stmilk could purge a baby.

Was she delivered through CS or VB?

Vaginal delivery.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 05, 2014
Yeske:

Vaginal delivery.

Alright!

So, just feed her moderately. Don't stuff her with too much breasmilk. With time, her system would adjust.

Happy motherhood!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Yeske: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2014
Marc9:

Alright!

So, just feed her moderately. Don't stuff her with too much breasmilk. With time, her system would adjust.

Happy motherhood!

Thank you. Will do.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 08, 2014
ufemia23:
Doc.. I have been having a reoccurring vaginal candida. After treating it with some antibiotics and v-inserts.. It disappears and comes back again. Please suggest for me a natural or any remedy to curb me of this.. It makes me xperience pain during sex..

You were actually treating the infection wrongly. Candida is a yeast/fungal infection. You don't treat it with antibiotics. Rather, you treat with antifungal medication, plus immune booster.

Well, you have to treat it with an effective antifungal insert and oral, otherwise, the dyspareunia(painful s*x) would linger. You can send me a PM let me recommend what to get.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
Gazelle510:
Hi
Just joining nairaland. Married for 5 yrs, been pregnant naturally twice and had miscarriage. First one was 5mnths 1/2 and second was 10wks. 3 ivf, to failed 1 successful though by 6wks there was no heartbeat. Been told I have retroverted womb. Last week Wednesday met with a Doctor that says my uterus is down and retroverted and that is why I had miscarriages and that I need to do surgery to correct it so that I can carry my pregnancy tru. I need opinion on this and abt the surgery. Any doctor here! Help!

Who told you you have a retroverted uterus? Did you get to see the scan report where it stated retroverted uterus?

About the cause of your miscarriage, I strongly disagree with the reason(s). Retroverted uterus do not necessarily interfere with pregnancy once conceived. After conceiving, the uterus should naturally tip forward. Some other factor(s) was responsible for your miscarriages.

About the surgery, if endometriosis and fibroids are ruled out as the underlying cause of your retroverted uterus since you actually took in naturally, then a laparoscopic surgery can reposition the uterus.

Well, you need the best hands in carrying out this kind of surgery.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
ufemia23:

Sorry I used the word antibiotics instead of antifungal. Actually been using fluconazole brand... Pls recommend me what to get

I seldom recommend on threads. The last time I recommended an OTC, I was banned for some days by the uns**tle moderator who actually assumed OTC for POM.

But then, from discretion and logic, it's very likely the reason why you're having recurrence is due to sexual activity. Let me ask, are you sex*ally active? Was your sexual partner placed on treatment as well?

You know, when a dirty hand(a lady with STI/UTI/VV infection) shakes a clean hand(his male partner), and later goes to the tap to wash her hand clean(treatment), while her male partner didn't get same wash as well(treatment), her hand would be cleanse of the dirt(infection). But when she returns to shake the dirty hand of her male partner, what do you think would happen?

Well your guess is as good as mine. So please respond to those questions I asked.

Pardon my anology! Just wanted to make you understand it better!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
ufemia23:

Well you are right.. That's the truth. He wasn't placed on treatment.

Hmm! I thought as much.

Well, now you know why your infection is recurrent. Also, your immune is likely suppressed.

You,with your man, should get treated. You should also get immune booster.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by grandberry: 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
have been having this burning sensation on my back,arms and legs for the past three months now..i did a blood test and they said i had malaria, i treated malaria buh it still the same thing, they ask me to treat typhoid and i did so but its still the same..the burning sensation is really giving me a sleepless night...i nid help
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2014
grandberry:
have been having this burning sensation on my back,arms and legs for the past three months now..i did a blood test and they said i had malaria, i treated malaria buh it still the same thing, they ask me to treat typhoid and i did so but its still the same..the burning sensation is really giving me a sleepless night...i nid help

If I'm not mistaken, that burning sensation might likely be chills.

Exactly what drugs where you placed on?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Yeske: 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
Good day doctor. I have more questions please. Am I supposed to give my two-week old baby any medication?My mother-in-law keeps repeating it several times daily that I should go to a pharmacist and buy medicines such as Ampiclox, Abidec, etc.

After taking her bath this evening, we observed that the space between her bottom at the back is red, my MIL started repeating the medicine statements again, saying hope we won't regret not giving them to her later.

Should I buy the medicines for her?

Thank you.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by grandberry: 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
Marc9:

If I'm not mistaken, that burning sensation might likely be chills.

What drugs exactly where you placed on?
i was placed on som malaria and typhoid tabs but av finished all the tabs long ago and its still the same...presently am nt on any drug
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
Yeske:
Good day doctor. I have more questions please. Am I supposed to give my two-week old baby any medication?My mother-in-law keeps repeating it several times daily that I should go to a pharmacist and buy medicines such as Ampiclox, Abidec, etc.

After taking her bath this evening, we observed that the space between her bottom at the back is red, my MIL started repeating the medicine statements again, saying hope we won't regret not giving them to her later.

Thank you.

Your 2wks old baby doesn't require medication. She gets all the nutrients, plus immune agents, so to speak, from your bre*stmilk.

You should rather focus on eating good, and taking loads of fruits, in order to provide the necessary nutrients your baby requires through bre*stfeeding.

Don't buy any medication for her.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
grandberry:
i was placed on som malaria and typhoid tabs but av finished all the tabs long ago and its still the same...presently am nt on any drug

I guess you didn't notice the names of the drugs you were placed on.

Apart from the chills(sensation), do you experince any other symptoms?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by grandberry: 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
Marc9:

I guess you didn't notice the names of the drugs you were placed on.

Apart from the chills(sensation), do you experince any other symptoms?
yes i kind of experince musclar pain on my left leg and left arm and i have heartburn at times and anytime i take anytin dat contain alcohol it worsen the situation
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Yeske: 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
Marc9:

Your 2wks old baby doesn't require medication, as she gets all the nutrients, plus immune agents, so to speak, from your bre*stmilk.

You should rather focus on eating good, and taking loads of fruits, in order to provide the necessary nutrients you baby requires through bre*stfeeding.

Don't buy any medication for her.

Thank you so much for the reassurance. God bless you.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:09am On Dec 09, 2014
grandberry:
yes i kind of experince musclar pain on my left leg and left arm and i have heartburn at times and anytime i take anytin dat contain alcohol it worsen the situation

So you're an active drinker eh?

Well, the mistake most people make is getting treatment without a follow up. After you got treated, the malaria/typhoid became asymptomatic, but necessarily didn't clear out from your system, liver rather. Alcohol is known to weaken immune and encourage dormant pathogens like the hypnozoites to hatch and begin another round of infection.

Now you know you should stop drinking. Then you need fresh treatment.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by San2ski(m): 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
Bro please I used some Korean made peppery toothpaste some years back. I found out that my two front teeth are corroding (I don't kno how to put it ;like removing the enamel covering small small)
I've been afraid that it may get worse. Please is there anything I can do to prevent it from getting worst and can I cover it up to normal?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
San2ski:
Bro please I used some Korean made peppery toothpaste some years back. I found out that my two front teeth are corroding (I don't kno how to put it ;like removing the enamel covering small small)
I've been afraid that it may get worse. Please is there anything I can do to prevent it from getting worst and can I cover it up to normal?

The paste contains active ingredients with acidic property. That is why people should always visit dental clinics on matters relating to the teeth. An "S n P" procedure would whiten your teeth, with no adverse effects like corrosion.

You should visit a dentist to have the teeth recoated, so to speak. I'll advise you do that fast, and avoid hard brushing for now.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
Yeske:

Thank you.

if you feel anything is wrong with your baby, take her to a pediatrician ASAP!
Don't give the baby unnecessary medications.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
Goldengift:
Ikeja.

Have your tried consulting a gynae in Eneli Kuku Obinna hospital along mobolaji bankanthony way?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2014
hotmomma:
good morning doctor, please i need your help, i have regular cycles and ovulation but no pregnancy for months now. after sex, i tend to remain in a lying position for 30minutes or more but when i stand up, the whole semen pours out. please what do you suspect? also what can my husband take to boast spermcount please.

Actually, there's nothing abnormal in flow-back ejaculatiion. Most ladies do experince it. In some cases, too much seemen could be responsible for flow-back ejaculatiion. In some other other cases, hydrospermia(watery sperm) could be responsible, although hydrospermia doesn't necessarily spell out low sperm count.

Flow-back ejaculatiion simply reduces the chances of achieving fertilization, but in some cases where the ladies use their discretion well, it favours them.

The mistake you, and other ladies make is the position of lie. After intercourse, lying horizontally doesn't aid the seemen to flow in fully. The seemen simply remains in the vagina. But the best position is the pelvic-up inclination. The lady is expected to place a pillow under her hip/pelvis either during intercourse, or after intercourse, and remain in that position for awhile. With the pillow under, the hip is elevated higher, and gravity works in her favour by aiding the seemen to flow inside the cervix into the uterus, then down to the fallopian tube.

So, next time after intercourse, you should place a big pillow under your hip in order to raise it higher. God will do the rest!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by San2ski(m): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
Marc9:

The paste contains active ingredients with acidic property. That is why people should always visit dental clinics on matters relating to the teeth. An "S n P" procedure would whiten your teeth, with no adverse effects like corrosion.

You should visit a dentist to have the teeth recoated, so to speak. I'll advise you do that fast, and avoid hard brushing for now.

Chinekeeee !!!. So I don enter. Not as if I wanted to whiten my teeth, only that I wanted a stronger paste that could leave my breath fresh for long.
Dee please how do they do this "recoating" thing. Will it change the color of my teeth? And do you hv a rough estimate of what it could cost pls? embarassed
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
San2ski:

Chinekeeee !!!. So I don enter. Not as if I wanted to whiten my teeth, only that I wanted a stronger paste that could leave my breath fresh for long.
Dee please how do they do this "recoating" thing. Will it change the color of my teeth? And do you hv a rough estimate of what it could cost pls? embarassed

You don't need to know how it's done. But I can tell you it's a simple procedure. The dentist knows what to do.

About the price, I don't know the exact amount, but just go with nothing less than N15,000(in public hospital), or N30,000(in private dental clinic). I'll advise you go to Randle General Hospital in surulere. They have good hands there. But be very subtle, these fellas size people up. I remember going there for tooth filling, dressed in my corporate wear. These dentist checked my caved tooth(the widom tooth actually), and said I should go run xray, and come back. I was just laughing. To fill my tooth, I have to run xray eh? Smh! I later did because the dentist was an elderly lady and I didn't want to be defiant. I did the xray for 1k, I checked the film and couldn't see anything, I smh again! When I went back to her, this woman now told me she can't fill the tooth, that I have to extract it. She also said I cnt extract it the normal way, that I require surgical removal because my tooth is imparted. It would cost me 10k. That was when I got angry and decided to transform from clark kent to superman! I told her to spare me that nonsense o jare! An imparted tooth is a tooth in which the crown in buried in the gum, due to lack of space to spring out fully, and dat my wisdom crown is fully emerged! The woman was dumbfounded! She eventually charged 5k from me, and charged others 3.5k, and wanted to know what I do! I smiled at her and left.

She wanted to exploit me all because she saw a dangote dress alike. So my advise for you is not to dress impressively when going there. Capish!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by San2ski(m): 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
Marc9:

You don't need to know how it's done. But I can tell you it's a simple procedure. The dentist knows what to do.

About the price, I don't know the exact amount, but just go with nothing less than N15,000(in public hospital), or N30,000(in private dental clinic). I'll advise you go to Randle General Hospital in surulere. They have good hands there. But be very subtle, these fellas size people up. I remember going there for tooth filling, dressed in my corporate wear. These dentist checked my caved tooth(the widom tooth actually), and said I should go run xray, and come back. I was just laughing. To fill my tooth, I have to run xray eh? Smh! I later did because the dentist was an elderly lady and I didn't want to be defiant. I did the xray for 1k, I checked the film and couldn't see anything, I smh again! When I went back to her, this woman now told me she can't fill the tooth, that I have to extract it. She also said I cnt extract it the normal way, that I require surgical removal because my tooth is imparted. It would cost me 10k. That was when I got angry and decided to transform from clark kent to superman! I told her to spare me that nonsense o jare! An imparted tooth is a tooth in which the crown in buried in the gum, due to lack of space to spring out fully, and dat my wisdom crown is fully emerged! The woman was dumbfounded! She eventually charged 5k from me, and charged others 3.5k, and wanted to know what I do! I smiled at her and left.

She wanted to exploit me all because she saw a dangote dress alike. So my advise for you is not to dress impressively when going there. Capish!

Thanks a lot bro.

But come o bros, you get mind o. So you still let let that dentist woman touch you after you don exchange words with am? shocked what if she intentionally chuk you something for inside mouth for being stubborn.

Abeg no try am another place o. You dey important to me and ur family o
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
San2ski:

Thanks a lot bro.

But come o bros, you get mind o. So you still let let that dentist woman touch you after you don exchange words with am? shocked what if she intentionally chuk you something for inside mouth for being stubborn.

Abeg no try am another place o. You dey important to me and ur family o

Smile....

Na Lagos trained dentist, not Borno trained! I knew I was in a safe hand, but this safe hand dey too exploitative, despite what LASG pays them!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by San2ski(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
Marc9:

Smile....

Na Lagos trained dentist, not Borno trained! I knew I was in a safe hand, but this safe hand dey too exploitative, despite what LASG pays them!

Ok. If you say so, but don try that with olopa, whether Lagos trained or Bini trained. No say I no warn you o,
Now wey you don become my brother wink
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
San2ski:

Ok. If you say so, but don try that with olopa, whether Lagos trained or Bini trained. No say I no warn you o,
Now wey you don become my brother wink

Smile...

I hear you!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Temdels: 11:25am On Dec 12, 2014
Gd morning doc. Pls I've been experiencing plugged ear in one ear. Like I have water in my ear. I've tried cleaning nd even used hydrogen peroxide to flush nd all but its not getting better. Its d 5th day now. And sometimes I av sharp pains in it. I av been having this funny cold dat won't come out via my nostrils unless I clear my throat through my mouth and d nostril for d side of d ear that is affected is most times blocked too. What do I do?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
Temdels:
Gd morning doc. Pls I've been experiencing plugged ear in one ear. Like I have water in my ear. I've tried cleaning nd even used hydrogen peroxide to flush nd all but its not getting better. Its d 5th day now. And sometimes I av sharp pains in it. I av been having this funny cold dat won't come out via my nostrils unless I clear my throat through my mouth and d nostril for d side of d ear that is affected is most times blocked too. What do I do?

Your eustachian tube is air-blocked. It explains one of the reasons why the peroxide didn't ooze the plug out. It's time you saw an ENT specialist. He/she will use an otoscope to probe your ear canal and carefully pick out the excess wax that has solidified.

The sharp pain is likely an infection/inflammation. You must have picked your ear with either your hand, or an unsterilized sharp object.

Please visit an ENT specialist!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply)

10 Reasons You Must Stop Eating Instant noodles / Help: What Food Can Help Me Regain Back My Strength? / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.