Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,195 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Health Advice: Doctors Online - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Advice: Doctors Online (65470 Views)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Health Advice; Doctors Pleeeeaaassse! / Health Is Wealth: Health Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 30, 2014
Mumsyfiyin:

Please does this imply my progesterone level is good or bad?

Depending what cycle day/date the assay was done. If it was done on cd21, then 46nm/mL is optimal(good). It shows ur progesterone level after ovulation is sufficient for implantation to take place.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
tammyloreoluwa:
Hi marc good job on what u doing, i did a serum progesteron on cycle day 21 a nd the result showed 10.8ng/ml is this normal cus have been trying to concieve for the past two years tho..tanks

10.8ng/ml on cd21 is too low, it's abnormal. It explains why you've not had a successful implantation.

Your progesterone level has to increase to above 30ng/ml for implantation to be feasible.

Also, a very low progesterone level at cd21 indicates ovulation likely didn't take place.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by lilmaydee(m): 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Marc9:

thanks doc, im feeling better now.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
lilmaydee:
thanks doc, im feeling better now. My friend's girlfriend who is a nurse treated me. She gave me some rules to follow.

I'm glad you're better now!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 01, 2014
I welcome you to the month of December. I'm glad we made it this far in good health. I pray God grants everyone's heart desire. We shall surely cross over to a new year with lots of testimonies!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:11am On Dec 01, 2014
Any permanent cure for pimples and acnes
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 01, 2014
ucheku:

If you may allow me-I feel there is some need of getting to know her cycle.Peradventure,she is of 35days,her dorminant follicle maturation and stigmatisation may round off to her 20th-22th of which ovulation should be initiated.This means,the progesterone may be normally low or increasing as it may seems.In an obvious sense of view,women with long cycle do experience a low turnout of progesterone during this period.But the normal range will always be covered as the cycle terminates.This may also be experience by women experiencing anovulation and menstrual irregularity.

However,women with shortcycle or abit better than the average of low progesterone at their cd21 might have it as you said-no ovulation or no breakdown of the corpus luteum.

No offense intended,Sir

None taken!

Well, let me rephrase in white and black so you can get my point well. Whether SMC or LMC, progesterone level is normally low in follicular phase, and the level increases optimally in luteal phase. The luteal length is fixed. It lasts 14days, whether the cycle is 35days, or 21days. Ideally, progesterone assay is carried out on cd21. From discretion, her assay was most likely done on her cd21.

But then, if her assay was done anytime after her ovulation, the 10.8ng/ml is just too low, compare to the normal range of >30ng/ml. That's a strong indication that she's having hormonal imbalance, and menstrual irregularities.

Well, she confirmed to me that her menstruation is irregular. She observes her flow for just one day, and the flow is light.

Humorously, your post reminds me of "Ucheku", a classic Nigerian TV drama
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 01, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Any permanent cure for pimples and acnes

I'm not a dermatologist, but then, Acne vulgaris like pimples can be managed/treated by following this routine:

1. Wash your face regularly in the morning and in the night with a face cleanser, to open up your sweat/sebum pores

2. Avoid oily foods. You can substitute groundnut oil with palm oil

3. Anti-bacterial medication may be taken if you tend to have moderate or heavy growth of skin florae like Staph aureus and Staph epidermidis.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by starlingbawa(m): 1:06am On Dec 02, 2014
Marc9:
Your wake-up prayer, some light aerobics, 4 glass cups of water, should always start your day!

This makes a whole lot of sense to me!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by starlingbawa(m): 1:08am On Dec 02, 2014
Marc9:
I probably should take time out to address a very important issue facing our African mothers and their babies
There are times when infants suddenly develop hyperpyrexia(high fever) and our African mothers attribute it to 'teething'(teeth growing). But this actually is a wrong conclusion. A lot of nursing mothers tend to 'breastfeed' their babies with little or no hygiene. An average nursing mother 'breastfeeds' her baby in the morning, does her morning chores, run to the market, only to return and still tuck her 'breaasts' into the mouth of her baby, without taking into consideration her sweaty body. Sweat tends to trap bacteria which in turn breaks down the salt in d sweat into isovaleric acid. Now the baby literally sucks in milk, sweat, isovaleric acid, bacteria, salt, and sebum. He sucks in these products, and his immune is overwhelmed by the germs thus, leading to hyperpyrexia, diarrhoea, and discomfort.
Just as nursing mothers would instinctively wash their hands before and after eating eba and soup, they should as well do the same when nursing/weaning their babies. They should take regular bath twice daily, wipe their niipples clean with damp handkerchiefs before and after 'breastfeeding'.
With such practice, the risk of contracting germ by the infants is reduced.

Food for thought.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by jerseyluv: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2014
pls is there a doc DAT will help. I ovulated on 22 on dis month. I saw a drop of brownish blood on d 26&27. since then am having little cramp in my stomach. I did pelvic scan it was clear. so I did a pregnancy test yesterday it came out negative. now I woke up dis morning with sore breast. pls I need help. wat do I do
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 02, 2014
jerseyluv:
pls is there a doc DAT will help. I ovulated on 22 on last month. I saw a drop of brownish blood on d 26 & 27 of last month. since then am having little cramp in my stomach. I did pelvic scan it was clear. so I did a pregnancy test yesterday it came out negative. now I woke up dis morning with sore breast. pls I need help. wat do I do

Well, the brownish discharge is likely mid-cycle spotting. The sore or bre*st tenderness you're observing is likely related to PreMenstrual syndrome. Your menstruation is imminent.

I'll advise you go for ultrasound scan to rule out or rule in ovarian cyst.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by jerseyluv: 9:20am On Dec 02, 2014
I did d ultra sound it says pouch of Douglas clear. ovary ok.he said am ok. .and DAT my uterus r ok. I have never spotted except my previous pregnancy DAT had a miscarriage at d 4th week. and never had sore breast.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 02, 2014
jerseyluv:
I did d ultra sound it says pouch of Douglas clear. ovary ok.he said am ok. .and DAT my uterus r ok. I have never spotted except my previous pregnancy DAT had a miscarriage at d 4th week. and never had sore breast.

If he says the scan showed your ovary is okay, then i guess it's just a normal discharge.

The bre*st soreness is associated with PMS. Your period should present before the week runs out.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
Amhappy:
I went for an HSG sometime last month and the result stated Severe Uterine Synechia. The consultant i saw at UPTH recommended that i do a minor surgery to correct this. It was done and this senseless strike kicked in. The last time i went to the hospital,the unavailabilty of my card did not help matters. Now i went to the private hospital of anoda consultant but not the same one i see. The doctor said he doesnt agree with that result because of my history(had 2 miscarriages,had evacuation for the first,my menses is normal) . I am very confused right now. One other Dr my sister took my result to at Enugu said i should do the operation but in a hospital that have camera. Doctors what do you think? Also any upth antenatal/gyne clinic dr here who can help me with Dr Uboma's no?

Well, doctors hardly agree with one another, that's the fact. A doctor might diagnose A, while the other might diagnose B. The patient is left in a quandary.

Well, from your history of two spontaneous abortions(miscarriages) and evacuation, it's ok to suspect asherman syndrome(also known as uterine synechia/uterine scar), since complication from evacuation could lead to asherman syndrome(uterine synechia)

But the severity is what I disagree with. One of the symptoms of severe uterine synechia is hypomenorrhea(light and scanty menstrual bleeding). But you said your menstruation is regular, so I'll guess the HSG report was too assumptive.

One of the treatment lines is surgery. But this surgery has to be done by a very very experince gynecologist, otherwise the condition could get worsened.

The last doctor who advised you do the surgery in a hospital with camera monitoring units, I think that's unnecessarily needed. The expertise of the gynae is what is required.

You also said you had an evacuation for your first miscarriage, but didn't have an evacuation for your second miscarriage right? Well, you actually need to evacuate the remnant tissue from your uterus. Perhaps, the remnant tissues was what the radiographer noticed and reported severe uterine synechia.

How many weeks gone were you when you had your first and second miscarriages?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Amhappy:

Thank you Dr for this response.. The first was 13weeks, second 8th. For the second complete abortion was confirmed by scan so no need for evac. I guess at this time, its best to seek for a third opinion from a very very experienced gyneacologist as u adviced probably from anoda hospital. Its well.

Well, you can seek a 3rd or 4th opinion from another gynae/hospital.

All the best!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Temdels: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
Good afternoon Dr. I've been diagnosed with PCOS for over 10years and I've been off and on metformine for bout 8yrs. But in about 6months now I've been stable on the metformine 2000mg daily, and about 2 months back I started reducing my carborhydrate now the only carb I take now is yam cos of its fiber content. I also saw some researches on lemon+ginger+cucumber + 1or 2 spoons of apple cider vinigar drink that I've been taking. I no longer do dinner and I take lots of fruits nd vegitables like garden eggs, pawpaw, oranges, apples etc. My weight I must say is gradually dropping. I feel light. But I am yet to gain my period back. As its been absent about 2 years. What more do you suggest I do. As I've been trying to conceive for close to 8 years now. Clomid was suggested to me but I don't know when to start it.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
Temdels:
Good afternoon Dr. I've been diagnosed with PCOS for over 10years and I've been off and on metformine for bout 8yrs. But in about 6months now I've been stable on the metformine 2000mg daily, and about 2 months back I started reducing my carborhydrate now the only carb I take now is yam cos of its fiber content. I also saw some researches on lemon+ginger+cucumber + 1or 2 spoons of apple cider vinigar drink that I've been taking. I no longer do dinner and I take lots of fruits nd vegitables like garden eggs, pawpaw, oranges, apples etc. My weight I must say is gradually dropping. I feel light. But I am yet to gain my period back. As its been absent about 2 years. What more do you suggest I do. As I've been trying to conceive for close to 8 years now. Clomid was suggested to me but I don't know when to start it.

Metformin only helps you to manage the DM, that's all it does.

I must commend you for the diets you went on. It was a sheer determination. Not every lady can go on such change in diets. U did great!

The reason why you're yet to take in all this while is because your hormones are still imbalance. Your FSH, LH, E2, Pgstne, and prolactin secretions are still distorted.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by mabeni(m): 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
dr. Y do i always feel blood taste in my mouth nd my front tooth gum smells badly? Help mej
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Temdels: 4:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
Thanks DR. So what do you advice I do to aid d hormonal inbalance and when can I start the clomid. And how do I use it?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
mabeni:
dr. Y do i always feel blood taste in my mouth nd my front tooth gum smells badly? Help mej

I'm not a dentist, but then, I think you're having a spongy palate and gingiva. I suspect it's scurvy related, or dental caries.

Well, you have to visit an oral hygienist urgently, before it leads to halitosis.

You should also take vitamin C supplementarily, to help treat the scurvy.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
Temdels:
Thanks DR. So what do you advise I do to aid d hormonal inbalance and when can I start the clomid. And how do I use it?

You're meant to begin the clomid on cd5 to cd10. It wld aid or induce ovulation.

But here's the deal. Ovulation is not just the only important factor in conceiving, implantation is equally important. If your progesterone, with estrogen secretion is not optimal, implantation may be futile.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Temdels: 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ok Dr. So what do u suggest I do? Wats d way forward for me?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
Temdels:
Ok Dr. So what do u suggest I do? Wats d way forward for me?

The way forward begins with prayer to God for healing, because he heals, while doctors only treat!

But then, faith without work is dead'. Next is to be placed on hormonal therapy, after which an hormonal assay may be indicated, to check the new levels of the E2 and progesterone. TTC can now be attempted, with possibility of successful implantation this time around!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
anonymous:
Pls doctors in d house or advices are needed.
A friend of mine was 3wks pregnant and she bought misoprostol tablets which she said they told her to take 2 that afternoon then insert 1 in d night then take d remaining 1 orally in d morning d next day (as its 4tabs inside d pack). After doing all dis there was no sign of anything happening.
So am asking if there's anything else that can be done. Help a sis a beg. Cos if I tell d whole story here u guys will marvel. Even though she didn't tell me wen d going was bad.

How caring of u to take ur friend's problem like it was urs?! Samaritarian!! Smile....

Well, 1st of all, ur friend is not 3wks pregnant! she is likely 4 or 5wks gone!

2nd of all, misoprostol alone is nt a recommended 'Ab***tifacient'. It's just contra-indicated in pregnancy. But then, it's commonly used for such, and works for some, ineffective for others.

Let me ask, when exactly did "she" insert/take the pills?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
She got it when she doesn't need it. When she'll need it, she might not get it. TTC helter skelter now sets in!

Irony of life!

2 Likes

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
anonymous:

U said d truth up there but that is not d question at hand. I only asked for an advice or rather an alternative to d already set in situation. Don't start talking about what is gonna happen tomorrow cos we don't even know wat tomorrow will bring.

U misconstrued me!

1st of all, I never referred to ur friend

2nd of all, I never said 'will'. I said 'might'

3rd of all, in my years of experince, i've come to realise it's a lot easier for me to handle TTC related issues right from the point where ladies tend to make mistakes, and try to correct their mistakes unwittingly, without taking into consideration its future complication!

I rather offend you with the truth!

1 Like

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
evankelly123:
plz Doc,donot no why my boo sperm goes out after ejaculation even after lying down for a while.as u have explain that its hydrospermia(watery fluid). donot understand d explanation.ls thisnormal ?can it stil make me conceive? does it contain spermatozoa atall.its kinda confusion. he has gone for almost all the test.No infection or whatsoever.what drugs can he take..thank u
NB: someone told me about AFRETARON TABLET,have bought it for him thou

The seemen is a mixture of sperm cells(at least 20million motile cells), fructose, prostate fluid, IgA, seminal fluid, water, and other constituents that nourish the sperm and make the seemen assume a viscous form.
Your hubby or fiance, boo, may be lacking some of these constituents in his seemen.

Well, he can try the afretaron tab. Though I would have recommended a more effective seemen boosting supplement, but let him first try the afrotaron tab!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
diegs:
Pls doc, i want to know what causes a cyst. Is it high or low fsh/lh.

Anoda question. I hrd a cyst is an immature ovum, can it get fertilized and as a result bring about blighted ovum. tnx

Well, FSH is responsible for egg development and maturity, while LH is responsible for its release. That means low LH should be responsible for ovarian cyst formation.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
evankelly123:
lol...he is my hubby not finance. Your prescription wil be appreciated plz.have been trying to 9months now. And he ejaculates easily..its kinda frustrating.thank u

Try not to tag ur husband ur 'boo' next time, before he starts booing you at home! We don't have to always import american slangs with no reasonable meaning.

Well, your husband is having sexual dysfunction I guess. But with kegel exercise, and a good sperm boosting supplement, particularly the one gotten from sea products, I'm sure his virility, his performance will be revived, and he'll become 'nackson or papa ajasco' #smileee#
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Yeske: 1:13am On Dec 05, 2014
Well done doc.

My 10 days old baby is stooling after almost every feeding (breastfeeding). What can I do? This has been happening for about 3 days now.

N.B. I clean my breasts before feeding her.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

Help: What Food Can Help Me Regain Back My Strength? / 10 Reasons You Must Stop Eating Instant noodles / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.