Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) (20275 Views)

Topic Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Topics) / Any Spiritual Implication For A 29yr-Old Sharing Bed With Her Mum? / Highest Number Of Posts In Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 29, 2014
I do not like the "share" button. I will unfollow anyone involved in "sharing" posts with me. I am not interested!

angry

2 Likes

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Gboliwe: 5:56am On Aug 29, 2014
I havent seen anything to commend in this new "innovation".

Shout out to the very sane and mature friends I follow here. I'd hate to have my account clogged.

1 Like

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by DjAndroid: 5:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Seun please also include "confine to lunatic" button. With this feature, tribalistic and ill - perceived comments can be confined to a section called "lunatic".

This will serve as an automatic check on un-guarded comments.

When someone's posts are confined to this section by many people, the poster will be forced to have a change in behaviour.

**more,
you may also decide to be moving the "lunatic section" to the front page everyday or every week so members will see the people who made the list for the day or the week.

And I believe, no one will like his/her monicker to be seen in that section, this will help maintain sanity on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by RoyalRoy(m): 6:03am On Aug 29, 2014
Idrismusty79 is on point. A lot of peeps are misusing the feature already simply because its placed too close to the "like" button. I have mistakenly clicked on share a lot of times too while trying to press "like". Same applies to the "x" button in my followed topics. While trying to click on the "new" button on my followed topics, I most times click on the "x" and the topic is gone.

Seun should put some good space between the "like" and "shared" buttons and the "new" and "x" buttons in followed topics.

3 Likes

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by eaglechild: 6:11am On Aug 29, 2014
Seun apparently one cannot "unshare" a shared post.
Modified.
Just got corrected.
I can see the unshare button.
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Deiok(m): 6:16am On Aug 29, 2014
Its like this feature was made for himself (seun) alone. Cause i all the shared topics and post on my screen are shared by seun.
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by tobnical(m): 6:34am On Aug 29, 2014
Seun, "Delete Post/Thread" option is expected as soon as possible. I.e your personal posts.

1 Like

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by SapphireYj: 6:38am On Aug 29, 2014
Great feature. I will like to suggest that u add an unlike feature too, so that if the number of unlikes supercedes the likes of a post by a given number, the post becomes automatically hidden! This will make the work of the moderators easier, and get rid of silly posts that members find inappropriate.

2 Likes

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by kinggenesis(m): 6:41am On Aug 29, 2014
Oga Seun..... pls I want to be seeing whoever likes my post...... I believe you can work on that.
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Wisdytech(m): 6:42am On Aug 29, 2014
its a welcome developnent!
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Neldrizzy(m): 6:48am On Aug 29, 2014
Honestly i don't like this idea at allllllllllllllll..... reasons bcus it can expose someone,we have so many unfriendly friends here on NL, some pretends 2 be friends why they are actually send 2 track you down... imagine i don't want anybody to know ma real location or ma current Location and i post something abt ma real location in a kind of secret thread were pple don't normally visit and and someone share the post to all his/her followers,then the secret has been expose naa!!! Seun tink abt this.....
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Superstar007(m): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2014
eaglechild: Seun apparently one cannot "unshare" a shared post.

Which means if it is clicked on mistakenly it cannot be undone.

I am yet to see the benefits of sharing posts though.

You can un-share a post
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Aysuperstories: 7:06am On Aug 29, 2014
I think we need a share button that will enable us to share posts to social networks like fb, twitter...some times people might want to share a post with their friends that are not on nairaland, this will even help to expand nairaland reach. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by olaridwan(m): 7:07am On Aug 29, 2014
y can u make it dat we would be able to share it on facebook......
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 29, 2014
Kirinwa:

A social network that doesn't have chat terminal, no message box etc? Its a forum not a social network.
I know. I only wanted the lady that asked to read it from Seun himself.
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Jerrick(m): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2014
Seun, get us unlike button. undecided
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Hemanwel(m): 7:19am On Aug 29, 2014
I have registered on this forum since March 2012 and till now,I haven't discerned the importance of following or not following someone.Oghene-Seun has now come again with a pointless button such as the 'share' button.What happened to the 'dislike' button or 'delete' button that we all have been agitating for?
Seun!Seun!!Seun!!!
How many times I tey call you??
We are your customers.Try satisfying our own needs not yours!
The 'share' button is not as needful as the 'delete' or 'dislike' button.
My point though!
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by TOYNEX(f): 7:25am On Aug 29, 2014
Vessi:
Seun, is Nairaland a social network?
see question ?
Abeg oga seun, give op options to ban unwanted intruders on threads ooo

1 Like

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by eaglechild: 7:25am On Aug 29, 2014
Superstar007:

You can un-share a post
OK thanks.
Just saw the unshare option.

Initially what I saw was Shared.
I think it was upgraded.
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 29, 2014
TOYNEX: see question ?
Abeg oga seun, give op options to ban unwanted intruders on threads ooo
see suggestion tongue
Wanna be a dictator?
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by TOYNEX(f): 7:28am On Aug 29, 2014
Neldrizzy: Honestly i don't like this idea at allllllllllllllll..... reasons bcus it can expose someone,we have so many unfriendly friends here on NL, some pretends 2 be friends why they are actually send 2 track you down... imagine i don't want anybody to know ma real location or ma current Location and i post something abt ma real location in a kind of secret thread were pple don't normally visit and and someone share the post to all his/her followers,then the secret has been expose naa!!! Seun tink abt this.....
privacy on d internet? ...... U must b from Mars or Jupiter

1 Like

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by profdotcom1: 7:29am On Aug 29, 2014
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

Yesterday we launched a topic sharing feature, which enabled Nairalanders to share interesting topics with their followers.

After observing the way the topic sharing feature was being used, we decided to replace it with the feature suggested in the quote below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1872858/topic-sharing-nairaland-shared-topics/5#25774464

I'm pleased to inform you that you can now share interesting posts on Nairaland with your followers by simply clicking the (Share) button that appears under every post (except yours, of course).

You can also view posts that have been shared with you or which you have shared by clicking SP or Shared Posts(N) on the forum header.

Please post your suggestions, complaints, and observations on this thread.

- Seun.
nice one
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by TOYNEX(f): 7:30am On Aug 29, 2014
Vessi:
see suggestion tongue
Wanna be a dictator?
yes na... Any offence, those Mods no sabi dem work wella...
If u comment nonsense advert, I ban u... Chikena
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by drey08(m): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2014
Pencil was created with an eraser because mistake do happen,a LIKE and SHARE button without the inservse is not cool at all.

1 Like

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 29, 2014
TOYNEX: yes na... Any offence, those Mods no sabi dem work wella...
If u comment nonsense advert, I ban u... Chikena
Nawao. Nairaland traffic would drastically reduce then, therefore less income to owner Seun.

I doubt he wants that.

1 Like

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 29, 2014
drey08: Pencil was created with an eraser because mistake do happen,a LIKE and SHARE button without the inservse is not cool at all.
you can unlike as well as unshare.
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by Damlesky(m): 7:42am On Aug 29, 2014
McWhillion: you meant dislike button
No, DELETE button, i would love been able to delete some posts.
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by pegmatite(f): 7:53am On Aug 29, 2014
I jst shared d post!
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by IntroVAT: 8:06am On Aug 29, 2014
After all said and done, I think what nairalanders need now more than anything is the "dislike" button AKA the "thumbs down" button

Sometimes we see a post with a lot of likes, but not because it makes sense, it's only because those who share that opinion have liked it and those who don't have their hands tied.

When the dislike button is implemented, then we can see a post for what it is when it has 100 likes and 450 dislikes

My opinion

2 Likes

Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by dabayomi(m): 8:09am On Aug 29, 2014
Biko...how do I create a thread?? Or send my posts to nairaland.
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by PedroJP(m): 8:19am On Aug 29, 2014
Djicemob: .Someone suggested a feature in which we can delete our own unwanted post.

When u been post d unwanted posts u been sniff gum ?

McWhillion: I think we are also in dare need of a delete button

joywendy: Nice one!

Impressive

Please we also need a delete button to be able to delete our post

No delete button unless u acknowledge u have a mental issue. Wat will occupy d space u'v created with ur post once u delete ? All ur stamp of lies(username) must always b there for pple to see.
Re: Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) by amolak: 8:23am On Aug 29, 2014
Superstar007:

Note. She actually said socal network grin
we also need 'unlike' button asap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse / My Bitter Exprience With Nipost / Truck Crushes Boy To Death In Aba (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.