Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (6924 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 28, 2014
hifaif:

What evidence do you have that Jesus died on a cross?
dude get a bible and be prayerfully led by the Spirit and ur eyes shall be opened to the truth... And when i say get a bible i dont mean those new world translation or new Niv or revised standard.. No.. Get an authorised king james or Gideon's bible
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: Dont condem other peoples faith... He christ walking among the jews didnt condem them, he rather condem their actions and their way of life...
i dont judge them nor condemn them with my understanding but i am drawing the line to show them that they are far from the standard of God's word just like u rich4god and ur fellow ave-marian colleagues
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: dude get a bible and be prayerfully led by the Spirit and ur eyes shall be opened to the truth... And when i say get a bible i dont mean those new world translation or new Niv or revised standard.. No.. Get an authorised king james or Gideon's bible

Oh, I see you have no evidence outside the English bible.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2014
Who be that who dey call me! I don show.

I dey come, make I book space come back
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
unyours: Jehovah witnesses no doubt practise the truest of Christianity. One thing i don't like about them is they are filled with pride and boast like kokolet007 and hold useless arguments like no.6 on the list, birthdays & birth of Christ, death of Christ on Stake, etc. They claim they preach but only to those who already know about Christ whilst they skip your doorstep if you are a muslim. They are very arrogant too for they don't even wanna give ears to a word from other Christian preachers.
People that knows us very well can tell u we are not boastful nor proud but maybe what u meant is we always ready to make a defence of our faith and eagly willing to preach the good news at any given time!

2 Likes

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: i dont judge them nor condemn them with my understanding but i am drawing the line to show them that they are far from the standard of God's word just like u rich4god and ur fellow ave-marian colleagues
How do u know we are far from His standard Mr judge?
And wot are his standards?

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Even if your members are 2.5 billion dat does not change the scripture. Not all who calls me Lord will enter the Kingdom of God but He that do the will of my Father. So its not membership or preaching but the WILL OF THE FATHER.PEACE
Yes we are doing his will that why we are not billion Yet
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
People that knows us very well can tell u we are not boastful nor proud but maybe what u meant is we always ready to make a defence of our faith and eagly willing to preach the good news at any given time!
you can say that to those who know nothing about Jehovah's Witness. I lived with a JW family between 2003 and 2005. I know JWs inside-out and can even pretend as one without a member noticing a flaw. In fact, i'l say i use to be 'part' of them those days. All they teach in their gathering is religion/doctrine discrimination which is bad for one who calls himself a true christian. You people are more concerned about other Christian doctrines than about other religious believes. I'd love JW than any other if they can remove the log from their eye before they try to wipe it off others'.

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
wellsaid: You people should really stop this your We, we, we, we ... Thats not how the True Kingdom of God operate. Whatever the JW ORGANISATION as been able to fulfil under the HOLY NAME OF God, Give the glory to God and not to "THE ORGANISATION"... When the Lord Comes ALL THESE THINGS YOU BRAG ABOUT WILL BE TESTED ... and I pray they wont END UP BEING VANITY! SELF-PROCLAMATION is SATANIC So be Humble!

I am an EX-Jehovah Witness born a Muslim.
This is an enlighting post not braging and also am not proclaiming myself here but the almight God JEHOVAH and am sure His glory is Indefinite so don't bother praying about us rather ........I think u know the right thing!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
How do u know we are far from His standard Mr judge?
And wot are his standards?
hell is real.. Repent
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Rich4god(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: i dont judge them nor condemn them with my understanding but i am drawing the line to show them that they are far from the standard of God's word just like u rich4god and ur fellow ave-marian colleagues
lol... You knw us na... We have seen your types over and over again...

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
unyours: you can say that to those who know nothing about Jehovah's Witness. I lived with a JW family between 2003 and 2005. I know JWs inside-out and can even pretend as one without a member noticing a flaw. In fact, i'l say i use to be 'part' of them those days. All they teach in their gathering is religion/doctrine discrimination which is bad for one who calls himself a true christian. You people are more concerned about other Christian doctrines than about other religious believes. I'd love JW than any other if they can remove the log from their eye before they try to wipe it off others'.
U mean we should stop preaching or stop following the bible standard because Jesus our mentor that we should Earnestly endeavor to be no part of the World and we can only do these by taking note of the most important thing inorder not to fall prey to it!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Rich4god(m): 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
hifaif:

What evidence do you have that he died on the stake...
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
These are Facts.......it might look odd to u compare to ur belief,jus take it or give me prove to buttress ur point.

Can you post the evidence of these "facts", for us to examine them?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

Can you post the evidence of these "facts", for us to examine them?
Do u mean the figures or d doctrines?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Olusanya333(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
Yes we are doing his will that why we are not billion Yet
My church is fewer than u but am not save to defend church but God. To start with whats the Father's will?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Olusanya333(m): 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: wow... SMH... So much for someone who claims to posses the spirit... The spirit of division maybe...
You are storing fire for yourself bro.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=kokolet007][/quote]

Ok I know the question was not put to me, buh lemme state the one that's bordering me, the 1919 doctrine that implied that Jesus in that year choose the watchtower as the only true religion, could you please throw more light on that?
Thank you.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
Do u mean the figures or d doctrines?

The figures and the source of the figures.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
U mean we should stop preaching or stop following the bible standard because Jesus our mentor that we should Earnestly endeavor to be no part of the World and we can only do these by taking note of the most important thing inorder not to fall prey to it!
the purpose of preaching in the christian faith is to draw people to christianity and not to your own doctrines which was carved out my man like every other doctrine. You guys preach with the motive that every christian doctrine is fake whereas yours is the ultimate whereas all are man-made(human understanding). Tell your people to stop converting christians to christians. They should focus on the muslims and those who know nothing about Christ.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
hifaif:

Allow me to answer, I'll be back.

Am back.Jesus was crucified with two nails, one in each hand, not a single nail through the wrist. That separate nails were in each hand is made clear by the use of the word 'nails' not 'nail'. This suggests that Jesus had his arms separated on a cross, not together on a stake as represented in Watchtower publications.

Matthew 27:37 also supports the idea of a cross rather than a stake when it says;

"Above his head they had put the charge against him in writing: 'THIS IS JESUS, KING OF THE JEWS' ". How can something be put above his head, if his hands were nailed vertically as depicted by the watchtower.

"unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will certainly not believe".
John 20:25

Compare this two pix below, which one accurately fits into bible description?

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Rich4god(m): 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: You are storing fire for yourself bro.
lol... Na you be the fire master abi na you dey check who store fire and who no store fire...

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: My church is fewer than u but am not save to defend church but God. To start with whats the Father's will?
Is JEHOVAH a church?
U want to know God's will visit here JW.org
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Olusanya333(m): 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
Is JEHOVAH a church?
U want to know God's will visit here JW.org
Sheybi u r sons of light? Come forward and lets discuss d Bible. Again i ask u What is God will?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: lol... Na you be the fire master abi na you dey check who store fire and who no store fire...
Maybe he's the fire keeper!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Olusanya333(m): 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: lol... Na you be the fire master abi na you dey check who store fire and who no store fire...
And Here is Judgement that the Light has come into the world but men love darkness than Light.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: What evidence do you have that he died on the stake...

I have not even taken any stand here and you are already asking questions based on an assumed stand. At least, answer my own question first.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yooguyz:

Allow me to answer, I'll be back.

Alright, bro.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Rich4god(m): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
kokolet007:
Maybe he's the fire keeper!
lol... You guessed right my dear sis...
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Rich4god(m): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
hifaif:

I have not even taken any stand here and you are already asking questions based on an assumed stand. At least, answer my own question first.
If you havent taken a stand, then you shouldnt have asked him that question...
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Sheybi u r sons of light? Come forward and lets discuss d Bible. Again i ask u What is God will?
God's will is doing wot he instructed us to do,following his word the bible !
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Samgreguc(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
wellsaid: You people should really stop this your We, we, we, we ... Thats not how the True Kingdom of God operate. Whatever the JW ORGANISATION as been able to fulfil under the HOLY NAME OF God, Give the glory to God and not to "THE ORGANISATION"... When the Lord Comes ALL THESE THINGS YOU BRAG ABOUT WILL BE TESTED ... and I pray they wont END UP BEING VANITY! SELF-PROCLAMATION is SATANIC So be Humble!

I am an EX-Jehovah Witness born a Muslim.
U don waka oooo..... Now, na which u dey?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Creation Vs. Evolution / 666 For Whole World starting from march 23, 2013! / Who Is A Christian According To The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.