Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (6918 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Mintayo(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
JW is a cult. There is nothing Christ-like about the Organization!

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Tovot: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
So other christian denominaTions arent 'in the Lord'? Or is Jw more superior 'in the Lord' than them?
kokolet007:
We follow the bible instruction recorded @ 1con7 vs 39....Marry only in the Lord!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
Yooguyz:

LOL..... You know, emotional outbursts can go a long way to expose a monikers multiple handles grin
C'mon make it more clear!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mintayo: JW is a cult. There is nothing Christ-like about the Organization!
Can u please remind me wot christlike means?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Tovot: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
@op what happens to a jw that doesnt marry within the church?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
Tovot: @op what happens to a jw that doesnt marry within the church?
He/she will b fine!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
kokolet007:
C'mon make it more clear!

If you want my attention, answer me and Emusan's question

Shalom
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Tovot: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
Fine or fined? This is hilarious!
kokolet007:
He/she will b fine!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by truthislight: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
Emusan:

Can't stop laughing.....

What have you done with those ones I've opened before?

Like I said it's not you nor anyone will challenge me to open a thread, if you're not okay with that I'm sorry you will wait long. I will do it when I want to.

Mr man, pick a bible topic, state your stand and refute them using the.bible.

I dare you to do that in this public forum let all see.

I dare you to do it if you are a man having two testicles.

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
truthislight:

Haaa...... I doubt if he has it!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
Tovot: Fine or fined? This is hilarious!
Fined for what! Our salvation is in our hands and mind u we serve God wiv love not under compulsion.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by wellsaid(m): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
I was formally a muslim, converted to christianity. Grew in the grace of God and the Power of the Holy Spirit. I experienced Miracles and the Lord showed me Lots of Signs and Wonders which no man can comprehend. I was happy to be in Christ because He revealed himself to me and the tangibility of the Holy Spirit. Until I fell into the TRAP of the devil "society". I didnt listen to the warning of the Holy Spirit. I was BRAINWASHED. I believed a dangerous LIE that the Holy Spirit is just a force and "its" ministry ending with the death of apostle John. So I lost everything!

I wasted two years of my life with the "society" learning a man's ERRORNOUS interpretation of the scriptures. I became DEAD TO THE SPIRIT. Nothing special was happening again . No inner peace, no signs no wonders, no vision, no miracles, no divine healings, no holy spirit working. Just attending meetings with no presence of the Spirit of Christ, and lots of English. The Oil of Anointing dry of in no time.

It took the Grace of God for me to find my way back to the Divine Truth. I realised how they looked so good from the outside but inside is Darkness.

Jesus saved me from the snare of the "society"and am ever thankful for that. Now the work of the holy spirit has resumed.

People, why not pray for them instead of arguing which is useless. I was once like them. It can happen to any body. Just pray the Lord to remove the VEIL. Because the Devil never wants those who are in His darkness to see the "True" light of God Jehovah.

3 Likes

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by eledacedar(f): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
G

2 Likes

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Sellorbuyphones(m): 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
Pray for your fellow brethren in Iraq. The are beheaded for the testimony of Jesus which they held. They are christians too. And they fulfilling a prophecy.

The ways of God nobody can find it. God is a God of suprise package. Work earnestly with the pure love of Jehovah and be humble because mans Wisdom is foolishness to him. And his righteousness is rag. Do not judge so that you will not be judged. The judgement of God will start with his own people. If any man thinks he stands let him be watchful lest he fall. Until the judgement day no man know who is qualified for certain.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Mintayo(m): 4:22am On Aug 30, 2014
kokolet007:
Can u please remind me wot christlike means?
i have been going through this thread and i can see you have dodged some good questions.
Everything abt JW is lies,misinterpretations and manipulations.

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=Mintayo]
i have been going through this thread and i can see you have dodged some good questions.
Everything abt JW is lies,misinterpretations and manipulations.[/quote

No question is dodged it jus that some don't worth it..........wil u plz answer me?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by kokolet007(f): 7:27am On Aug 30, 2014
eledacedar: Brother/sister kokolet, I really do not see the reason for this thread. Your intentions might be good but Jehovah directs his earthly organisation through the faithful and discreet slave.

Have you been a part of the special campaign this month to distribute the tract 'Where can we find answers to life's big questions'? You are aware that the tract directs all who are interested to the website WWW.Jw.org. I have read through this thread and I really don't see how it has brought honor to God's name. Yes, a lot of people have said good things about Jehovah's Witnesses no doubt but the name calling, swearing, accusations and counter accusations are not glorifying to Jehovah.

I see a thread where apostates find the opportunity to spread wrong information about who we are. Remember the last question for this week's review? We are reminded on the need for us to know that we are dedicated servants of God.

Apostacy abounds in the world today and their speech violates what is holy. Please read 2 Tim2:14-18.
Let's not fight about words, it will harm a lot of listeners( in this case, readers on Nairaland). Brother/sister kokolet, let us reject empty speeches that violate what is holy, for they will lead to more and more ungodliness ( this thread is derailing towards this). Read also 2Tim 2:23-26.

I urge you however to continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from whom you learned them(2Tim 3:14)
Yes! Continue to preach the word, in favourable times and difficult times knowing fully well that Jehovah will continue to direct our feet to the deserving ones.

To all who may want to read the bible online as well as have access to bible based publications, please take time to visit WWW.Jw.org

Finally, from the tone of the words I have read on this thread, some have taken offence based on the words/views of others. Let's show a forgiving spirit towards one another for we are all sinners.

Thank you.
Thanks I will adhere to it!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Samgreguc(m): 10:27am On Aug 30, 2014
Wait! Yooguyz was a Roman catholic and a priest?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Samgreguc(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2014
Mintayo: JW is a cult. There is nothing Christ-like about the Organization!
Cult is nt bad. Bt, a secret one is bad.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2014
Samgreguc: Wait! Yooguyz was a Roman catholic and a priest?

Stop listening to Jehovah witness Trolls, I believe this thread will clarify things

https://www.nairaland.com/1877865/yooguyz-athiest

Except you are one of the trolls? Which side do you belong?
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 11:18am On Aug 30, 2014
truthislight:

Which translation of the Bible should he pick up? Pleeeease advice him grin
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by BERNIMOORE: 11:50am On Aug 31, 2014
Samgreguc: Wait! Yooguyz was a Roman catholic and a priest?

hear from the horse mouth himself

yooguyz was pastor a 3000+ congregation, he was a gay, in his own tread he admited it, its not an insult check out;

https://www.nairaland.com/1439402/christians-chatbox

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz (m): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2013

don't get me wrong, i didn't open the thread to mock the christian faith. In real life i(yooguyz) pastor a 3000+ congregation, and its also a real life issue am facing. Going by my understanding of the word "gay". I know its not possible. But i want a platform where people of orientation and religion like me can drop their baggage. And also for religious people to ask questions. The internet is the best place to do that, cos you are anonymous, knowing fully well that you risk loosing a lot if you come out in real life. Sharing those things on the inside makes me relieved. More of your questions are welcome

and see a question asked from him on same tread,

you dodge this question from a fellowstudent that needs your attention

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by geovanni24(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2013

This comment is strictly for @yooguys...ii understand that you are a pastor, pastoring A church of about 3000 members!...Now from your views on the Gay attitude, ii can easily deduce that you have some gay tendencies that you have put under control and ii applaud you for that, since gay is a thing of the mind...Now being a pastor of such an overwhelming crowd, hw do you cope with the large number of your male members who could cme T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ you for councelling?...don't you think you are not honest T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ yourself, iwhen the spirit of Gay is hovering arround your personality,rather. Than rebuking it for life and relinquishing its hold on you psychologically in order T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ serve God better ?...2. If a psychological gay member should come T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ you for. Deliverance/councelling...its assumed you both are faced with the same ordeal, HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ do you intend T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ go about it?.....Beside this,since I'm convinced that you are a through man of God, ii will like T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ know you personally, but on anonymous ground, cos of the position you occupy, ii believe M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ acquaintance with you will help strengthen M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ relationship with God and also edify M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ view on sexuality and intimate immorality...ii also used T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ be effeminate in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ childhood, although ii was able T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ overcme it,but ii will most gratefully appreciate your enlightenment on this menace!....plz kindly email me sir......trailblazer25@yahoo.com. Ii look forward T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ receiving your email. Tanks sir!

https://www.nairaland.com/1439402/christians-chatbox/13

he is yet to make a disclaimer or instruct mods to quickly help him remove the tread, it is very obvious there

he may soon tell you it was a sarcastical thing grin grin

check it now the tread is still active now, im watching his next actions!

on how yooguyz became atheist;

after opening that thread https://www.nairaland.com/1439402/christians-chatbox he could not answer questions as an ordained priest(that even explained the questionable process that made him a controvercial priest)

he lost his temper, below and could not hide the fact that he has already been considering atheist views https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/256

Yooguyz: On Sep 16, 2013

what i can say is am disappointed by the attitude displayed by so-called christians in this forum. Smh. Even after making my intentions clear, what i get in response is hate speech and a christian supporting hatred. What happened to John 13:35
" by this shall all men know that you are my DISCIPLES if ye have LOVE ONE to ANOTHER"
no wonder many athiests call xtainity a hypocrital religion! Judging by the above scripture All i can say is we DON'T HAVE CHRISTIANS IN NAIRALAND! finito!

UjSizzle lol ok then. Seems you've just agreed gays ain't Christians afterall.

that explain this proclamation NOT sarcastical as he wants us to believe but a statement of fact on the tread https://www.nairaland.com/1253965/implication-tithing#15197331

Re: Implication Of Tithing by Yooguyz(m):
good evening op,
i have never paid tithe in my life and i don't intend on paying tithe but let those who do keep doing it, *in my mind* #deluded bunch of tithe paying folks# I am a Caktholic christian but i dont believe in God, in fact religion is the opium of the masses.
YOU can ATTACK me cos am used to attacks infact i'll welcome one so far it's sincere #but if i troll you with multiple id's eh?#
funny thing about me i don't even believe in the bible
am quoting it's for gullible people

you know yourself

note this words 'attack'' in his statements; ''YOU can ATTACK me cos am used to attacks'' connect it with this; what i get in response is hate speech and a christian supporting hatred. What happened to John 13:35
" by this shall all men know that you are my DISCIPLES if ye have LOVE ONE to ANOTHER"
no wonder many athiests call xtainity a hypocrital religion
and the picture will be clear!

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by BERNIMOORE: 12:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

Which translation of the Bible should he pick up? Pleeeease advice him grin

kindly tell me the translation you believe after this revelation below be honest pls;

https://www.nairaland.com/1253965/implication-tithing#15197331

Re: Implication Of Tithing by Yooguyz(m):
good evening op,
i have never paid tithe in my life and i don't intend on paying tithe but let those who do keep doing it, *in my mind* #deluded bunch of tithe paying folks# I am a Caktholic christian but i dont believe in God, in fact religion is the opium of the masses.
YOU can ATTACK me cos am used to attacks infact i'll welcome one so far it's sincere #but if i troll you with multiple id's eh?#
funny thing about me i don't even believe in the bible am quoting it's for gullible people
you know yourself
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
These people JW created the pishure of jesus christ in ma head since the age of 3 that refused to go away even in ma dream!!
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Yooguyz: 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
[quote author=kokolet007][/quote]

So questions questioning the legitmacy of watchtower leaders to make doctrine and to oversee the brothers are not worth it.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Emusan(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

If you want my attention, answer me and Emusan's question

Shalom

Don't mind her

1 Like

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by BERNIMOORE: 9:32am On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

So questions questioning the legitmacy of watchtower leaders to make doctrine and to oversee the brothers are not worth it.

when your father imposed you as a pastor on over 3000 gullible members of your church, yet you accepted it knowing fully well that you are a gay,of course you cant deny that all this while, i want to ask if there is a faculty called 'conscience' in you, anyway dia ris God ooooo, na only you waka come this tread

2 Likes

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Idrismusty97(m): 9:39am On Sep 01, 2014
13. Not until 2 years ago Jehovah's witnesses were the only religion required to pay taxes in France.
So JW is a different religion from Christianity? Interesting. That is how it should be, all these many denominations under Christianity should be regarded as new religions.
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by nifton(m): 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dis nysc camp kept me in d dark for 3 weeks and hence i no c dis thread.Op tnks for doing dis cuz am proud to be a witness and i pray Jah wil continue to giv more faith to kip my intergrity down to d end.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by cestmoiparadign: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
unyours:
Jehovah witnesses no doubt practise the truest of Christianity. One thing i don't like about them is they are filled with pride and boast like kokolet007 and hold useless arguments like no.6 on the list, birthdays & birth of Christ, death of Christ on Stake, etc. They claim they preach but only to those who already know about Christ whilst they skip your doorstep if you are a muslim. They are very arrogant too for they don't even wanna give ears to a word from other Christian preachers.
true word
Re: 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
Get more information about Jehovah's witness from here http://www.edumacro.com/www-org-videos-jehovah-witness-downloads-login/ and www. jw. org

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Jesus For Our Sin? Which Sin? (no, Bring Your Proof If You R Truthful) / Creation Vs. Evolution / Today Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.