Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Rob William: Life Means Contentment. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rob William: Life Means Contentment. (497 Views)

My Wife Arranged Armed Robbers To Rob And Kill Me... Husband Tells Court / Photo: Please Help Rob Mamuda Find His Dad. / Prince William Divorces Kate Middleton After 5 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rob William: Life Means Contentment. by ekemini007(m): 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
As soon as i saw on the news recently the death of rob williams(suicide)_ a suppose well accomplish actor with all the money and fame anyone could possibly hope and dream of, i felt i needed to do a lot of soul searching.kurt cobain came up in the middle of that, throwing me into an even deeper level of soul searching.

Way before i had ever gotten a job, i had been occupied with getting one. so much so that it created a form of depression within me. The stigma usually associated with staying at home was one i was desperate to shake off at any cost.In the end i settled for a job that as we say in our parts "make person commot for house small". However, as soon as i left the house, i realise i had made a mistake. The job isnt worth leaving the house for.

Here i was, like many nigerians caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. Should i go back to the house and announce that am back to being jobless or continue with this quasi job am having? So far am sticking with the later.

My concern this days is have we ascribe too much meaning to some of this things that even when we then obtain them in the near future, they are just not worth the hype?.

Maybe a job is just meant to be a job and nothing more!..maybe money is just meant to be money and nothing more!..maybe a house,car, phones clothes, are just meant to be this things and nothing more!..maybe a husband, a wife and even children are just meant to be this things and nothing more!.

Have we somehow by way of hyped thinking place so much importance on them_ that upon archieving them, we realise that they are nothing more than what they are. Happiness are in fragments_ a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Although one one cannot fully ascertain the cause of its death, what however i have learnt from it all (from deep soul searching) is what i have known all along. Life is all about contentment. R.I.P rob!

1 Like

Re: Rob William: Life Means Contentment. by Kanwulia: 12:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Na im make I dey jolly o! cool
Re: Rob William: Life Means Contentment. by egopersonified(f): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
The quest for more

(1) (Reply)

Family Or Husband/wife To Be,who Worths Your Happiness The Most? / Male In The Kitchen / Fake Insecticides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.