Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians (788 Views)

Fresh Facts Suggest Late Sawyer On Revenge Mission Against Nigerians / Jonathan Condemns Killing Of Health Workers In Kano. / President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Ebola: Jonathan condemns discrimination against Nigerians

AUGUST 28, 2014 BY NAN

President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday condemned the
stigmatisation of Nigerians by some countries over recent
cases of Ebola virus in the country.
Jonathan made this known at a meeting with Dr David
Navarro, the Special Representative of the United Nations
Secretary-General on Ebola, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Special Adviser
to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati.
The president, according to the statement, decried
discriminatory actions by some countries against Nigeria,
including the incident which forced Nigeria’s team to the
Youth Olympics in China to abandon its participation.
He said that there was no justification for such stigmatisation
of Nigerians since the Ebola Virus had been effectively
contained in the country and never attained epidemic level.
He called for the immediate cessation of every discriminatory
action against Nigerians around the world over the virus and
urged the UN Secretary General, Mr Ban Ki-Moon, to support
the call.
Acknowledging the secretary-general’s commendation of
Nigeria’s response to the Ebola outbreak, the president
attributed it to the efforts of the Federal Ministry of Health,
Lagos State Government and citizens.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ebola-jonathan-condemns-discrimination-against-nigerians/
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2014
So he can acknowledge Lagos is working!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 28, 2014
This is one of the series of condemnation by Mr President i must commend and fully in support. The stigmatization is totally wrong and uncalled for.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by chimerase2: 7:43am On Aug 28, 2014
Even pple can't even travel during this period
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by ofala(m): 7:52am On Aug 28, 2014
The Problem with our leaders is that they have refused to admit that they constitute 75% of the issues facing this country...How can you cripple education because " there was no money" while few of you guys in various political posts and your cronies are making away with Billions of Naira.

How can we not have relative electricity that will upsurge micro economic growth and you are busy sharing rice and stipends to low-minded hungry folks. Why won't Nigerians continually be ostracised by various countries when our hungry citizens apply for asylum of various nomenclature in many countries just to be able to get some bread.

Leadership to me doesn't begin and end with releasing press statements, what are being done to curtail the disgrace Nigerians are subjected to in many countries?.

The citizens too have roles to play but when the head doesn't think, how fast can the limbs move?

Ebola is not the issue but an accumulated disregard by many countries to Nigerians because of so many negative news coming out from here.

Until we all look directly in the mirror and TALK to the person we see there and determine to play our various parts, no matter how little, Nations will keep on with their negative attitudes towards Nigeria/Nigerians
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by ochilikoko(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2014
berem: This is one of the series of condemnation by Mr President i must commend and fully in support. The stigmatization is totally wrong and uncalled for.
The man has been making sense just that You and some other APC supporters cannot see beyond sentiment. You supported this because, the President commended Lagos Govt.whc is an APC state.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by eunisam: 7:56am On Aug 28, 2014
I wonder oh
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 28, 2014
ochilikoko: The man has been making sense just that You and some other APC supporters cannot see beyond sentiment. [s] You supported this because, the President commended Lagos Govt.whc is an APC state. [/s]
there we go again!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Iluvberem: 8:03am On Aug 28, 2014
berem: This is one of the series of condemnation by Mr President i must commend and fully in support. The stigmatization is totally wrong and uncalled for.

Hmmm did someone hacked you or are you the one typing this.

SMBH (shaking my big head)
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 28, 2014
Iluvberem:

Hmmm did someone hacked you or are you the one typing this.

SMBH (shaking my big head)
you're the only one who tried hacking my account but you didn't succeed. Thanks for cloning my moniker. grin grin
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 28, 2014
mtcheeeew... Na today. Nigerians hav being stigmatized in every corner of this planet even b4 the outbreak of this ebola virus that is trying to over-throw the bh boys frm the seat of power.

A nigerian govt that doesnt respect its own citizens shdnt expect other nations to respect nigerians in any part of the world. How many nigerians hav been lynched in countries like malaysia, sa, ghana, india etc without our so called govt doing nada?

And now they are telling other nations to not discriminate against the nigerian citizens as if they really care

Nonsense
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by skyrocketters: 8:11am On Aug 28, 2014
before nko?na today?
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 28, 2014
TBH! If I see any Liberian or somebody from Guinea, I'll distance myself from em.
To me, it's not called discrimination, rather being careful until the result of their test comes out negative.
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 28, 2014
kastonkastrol: mtcheeeew... Na today. Nigerians hav being stigmatized in every corner of this planet even b4 the outbreak of this ebola virus that is trying to over-throw the bh boys frm the seat of power.

A nigerian govt that doesnt respect its own citizens shdnt expect other nations to respect nigerians in any part of the world. How many nigerians hav been lynched in countries like malaysia, sa, ghana, india etc without our so called govt doing nada?

And now they are telling other nations to not discriminate against the nigerians citizens as if they really care

Nonsense
You are very correct! Unfortunately,Ebola Virus has worsened the stigmatization making it seems as if the disease started from Nigeria.

Too bad!!
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 28, 2014
smartchoice: So he can acknowledge Lagos is working!
of course, our president is no biased person. ..

Nice one Mr president, I hope they listen to you and stop the stigmatisation, it's so uncalled for. ..
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2014
berem: You are very correct! Unfortunately,Ebola Virus has worsened the stigmatization making it seems as if the disease started from Nigeria.

Too bad!!
most of this western nations, asian countries and european countries are very ignorant of the geographical state of the african continent especially west african. They know little or nothing about other african nations and tag every bad thing that emerge from other west african nations as a nigerian thing.. Too bad as is it, but we must still admit that our govt has failed us woefully.
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Iluvberem: 9:36am On Aug 28, 2014
berem: you're the only one who tried hacking my account but you didn't succeed. Thanks for cloning my moniker. grin grin

You are welcome my love

grin
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by GovWahala: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2014
Good one Presido.
Only evil people hate this man called GEJ.
GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Arosa(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2014
Nigerians are to blame for this because they like spreading fake news about Ebola.
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by lilprinze: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Am in support of Mr President over this issue 100% the stigmatization is to much the way people from oder countries now treat Nigerians in their country is very annoying the most annoying one is the incident that forced our team to abandon the
Youth Olympics in China.
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by ibietela2(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2014
berem: there we go again!! angry angry

He is right,
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
So after transmitting to the world that Nigeria is Ebola-ridden, he now complains that the world is discriminating against Nigeria?

GEJ must stop taking orders from American advisors and stop announcing measures to curb a hoaxed epidemic
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by nagoma(m): 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
ochilikoko: The man has been making sense just that You and some other APC supporters cannot see beyond sentiment. You supported this because, the President commended Lagos Govt.whc is an APC state.

Making sense as in?

Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
[size=28pt]Ebola is a hoax

Rabies has killed 100,000 worldwide this year and is far more deadly than Ebola ask CNN and BBC why only Ebola they are focussing on?

Our daft African leaders seem too stupid to realise that there is a campaign to damage Africa some how[/size]
Re: Ebola: Jonathan Condemns Discrimination Against Nigerians by nagoma(m): 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
So after this announcement he thinks people will now listen to him and start embracing Nigerians and welcoming them into to their homes and to conferences?
Just like we do when we see Liberians ?

(1) (Reply)

Of The Aussie,ihejerika And Sheriff's Macabre Dance At The Doorstep Of Terrorism / Nptw(nigeria Political Transfer Window) / President Goodluck Slamed By Washington Post For Using The #bringback Hashtag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.