Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,721 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better (176205 Views)

Between Ibra,Ronaldo And Messi Who has scored the most Spectacular Goals / Ronaldinho Vs Messi: Who Is Greatest?! / Mikel Obi, C.ronaldo, Fabregas And Messi. Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2011
ddippset:

This messi ronaldo thing i only do when iam so wasted and so idle. Its a no contest. Most times i think iam out but they pull me right back in.This messi ronaldo thing i only do when iam so wasted and so idle. Its a no contest. Most times i think iam out but they pull me right back in.

but each time you have been pulled back in. . . . .you only come up with the same hollow recycled stuffs about ballon d'or and awards. . . .something messi enjoys very well because he plays in a better team of better players.

messi has played for argentina in more than 5 different competitions where he has not won a single individual award.
this tells me he is nothing without xavi and iniesta. ronaldo won plenty of awards in man utd, he has broken the goal scorers record in la liga.

messi was found out in the last copa america. he has been found out several times in the world cup qualifiers in commebol
he has done nothing outside barcelona - he is nothing outside barcelona.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
@coogar, there's really no use picking u up on all of your points because frankly they are trivial and petty. I just gave you 16 live quotes on messi. I hope you really read them. I appreciate that evryone cannot love messi. If pele was playing today critics would say he didnt win the champios league, maradona? They would call him a drug user. Zidane and fat ronaldo they would tell them go prove urselves in england. U amd me are not the only pple in the world. Do it by voting messi win get much more votes than ronaldo. So sorry to say u are in the minority.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2011
@coogar
There are questions over how Messi will perform in England? What questions? Based on what? size? toughness of the EPL? We've David Silva and Luka Modric take EPL defences to the cleaners on a regular. . . We saw Odemwingie come from Russia and blow the EPL apart. It's the same EPL that Aguero made look like child's play in just 30 minutes. There's nothing to suggest that Messi won't do well in the EPL. His record against English sides speaks for itself.
Messi has to prove himself against Stoke City? Isn't this just ridiculous? Didn't we see David Silva tear Stoke City to pieces in the FA Cup final and also in the league despite coming from La Liga?   
Ronaldo has a better goal ratio? If we're to compare strikers based on goal ratio then Darren Bent is better than Berbatov. That being said, Messi has a better goals+assist ratio.
Ronaldo scores from 40 yards? So does John Arne Riise, what does that make him? What are we gonna say about Xabi Alonso or Ruben Cani that score from before the half way line? Can Ronaldo give inch-perfect 30-40 yard passes like Messi does? Can Ronaldo play 5 one-two touch passes with a teammate and score?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2011
@ coogar. In 2005 u 20 messi was top scorer and best player. In 2006 messi was a sub 4 argentina. He came in and in less than 20 minutes scored one of the best goals in the tournament. In 2008 messi won the olympic gold and was player of the tournament. In 2010 messi was directly involved in 7 out of argentina's 10 goals, he was argentina's best performer and top 10 best world cup performers. In 2011 he was argentina's best preformer assisting 3 out of their 5 goals. This is messi's noble achievement for country. Cristiano will never match this in his lifetime.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2011
ddippset:

@coogar, there's really no use picking u up on all of your points because frankly they are trivial and petty. I just gave you 16 live quotes on messi. I hope you really read them. I appreciate that evryone cannot love messi. If pele was playing today critics would say he didnt win the champios league, maradona? They would call him a drug user. Zidane and fat ronaldo they would tell them go prove urselves in england. U amd me are not the only pple in the world. Do it by voting messi win get much more votes than ronaldo. So sorry to say u are in the minority.

there are more daft people in the world than the smart ones. grin

i have made my point. . . .messi plays in the best team in the world. a team far better than ronaldo's team
if messi's team is better than ronaldo's team then there's no point telling me about messi's ballon d'or - if his team keeps getting eliminated in the q/finals, would he win the ballon d'or?

you talk about quotes. . . .i can bring out a thousand quotes on ronaldo.
how is that difficult to find? but it's tedious - they are quotes, people's opinions which could be right or wrong. the fact is if you take xavi and iniesta away from messi's team then messi is nothing. copa america, check! world cup, check! the previous copa america, check! commebol qualifiers, check!

medjai:

@coogar
There are questions over how Messi will perform in England? What questions? Based on what? size? toughness of the EPL? We've David Silva and Luka Modric take EPL defences to the cleaners on a regular. . . We saw Odemwingie come from Russia and blow the EPL apart. It's the same EPL that Aguero made look like child's play in just 30 minutes. There's nothing to suggest that Messi won't do well in the EPL. His record against English sides speaks for itself.

david silva and luka modric take epl defences to the cleaners? whose defences?
are you a dreamer? the same silva that was beasted by nani or the same modric beasted by lightweights like nasri and tiote.
odemwingie from russia has won what exactly? epl's golden boot? aguero played against swansea. . . .a team from wales, for feck's sake.

so why hasn't torres taken epl to the cleaners? last time i checked. . . .torres is a starter in spain!
tevez had to wait for 6 seasons to win the golden boot in the league with several penalty kicks to his name. . . . .world class players like ballack, robinho, veron, fabregas, robben, kezman, etc have been chased out of epl cos they couldn't cut it.

Messi has to prove himself against Stoke City? Isn't this just ridiculous? Didn't we see David Silva tear Stoke City to pieces in the FA Cup final and also in the league despite coming from La Liga?   

david silva did not tear stoke city to pieces and that match wasn't played at the britannia.
this is what i say about barcelona fans. your comprehension skills are lacking.

the question is. . . . .can messi do it on a wet tuesday night in britannia?

Ronaldo has a better goal ratio? If we're to compare strikers based on goal ratio then Darren Bent is better than Berbatov. That being said, Messi has a better goals+assist ratio.

assist is a function of 2 variables. . . .the passer and the receiver of the pass scoring.
since we all agree messi has better team mates who receive his passes and score. . . .you are proving nothing. david villa is better than benzema. samuel etoo is better than rooney. you are just pissing in the wind telling me about messi's assist. . . . .what are his assists outside barcelona?

Ronaldo scores from 40 yards? So does John Arne Riise, what does that make him? What are we gonna say about Xabi Alonso or Ruben Cani that score from before the half way line? Can Ronaldo give inch-perfect 30-40 yard passes like Messi does? Can Ronaldo play 5 one-two touch passes with a teammate and score?

john arne riise scores aerially too? john arne riise scored 42 goals in england something thierry henry(goal machine) never managed.
like i said, you are just pissing in the wind with your daft comparisons pulling isolated football skills. . . .ronaldo is the total package, a better athlete and he was not built via steroids(unlike messi)
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2011
ddippset:

@ coogar. In 2005 u 20 messi was top scorer and best player. In 2006 messi was a sub 4 argentina. He came in and in less than 20 minutes scored one of the best goals in the tournament. In 2008 messi won the olympic gold and was player of the tournament. In 2010 messi was directly involved in 7 out of argentina's 10 goals, he was argentina's best performer and top 10 best world cup performers. In 2011 he was argentina's best preformer assisting 3 out of their 5 goals. This is messi's noble achievement for country. Cristiano will never match this in his lifetime.

age grade competitions don't count. . . . ronaldo never played in one.
when messi was dying to be noticed amongst 20 yr olds, ronaldo at 19 was tearing euro 2004 apart - got into the team of the tournament, chased luis figo out of the portugese team. all done at the age of 19.

olympic gold is an age grade competition. . . .when i say argentina, i meant the senior team. not messi going to kindergarten competitions to bully players.
what has messi won for the senior team? best player of which tournament at senior level? fat ronaldo won the best player in the world at 19 and at 20.

fat ronaldo beasted in every competition he played. . . .brazil? barcelona? psv? inter? real?
wherever fat ronaldo played, he was called el fenomeno. . . .came back from 2 yrs injury to win a golden boot in the world cup.

no one would say without rivaldo there was no ronaldo. . . .without zamorano, there was no ronaldo.
ronaldo was the team. messi isn't the team whether in argentina or in barcelona and you compare him to maradona and pele? grin grin grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2011
@ coogar,in 2005 messi was a 19 year old wonder. U forget so soon that he was not tearing kids apart but some of the people he was tearing apart were your 35 year olds under 20 compatriots. You wrote a lot but failed to state just one thing ronaldo won for portugal. He just wasnt talented enough as a youth. Its a pity you have been googling up for 6 hours for anything, just anything a world great said of ronaldo but oops nothing google could give u. So there are more daft than smart people? I thought it was the other way round. Its ok, you probably got that estimate from the sample space in the crib where u live at.in 2005 messi was a 19 year old wonder. U forget so soon that he was not tearing kids apart but some of the people he was tearing apart were your 35 year olds under 20 compatriots. You wrote a lot but failed to state just one thing ronaldo won for portugal. He just wasnt talented enough as a youth. Its a pity you have been googling up for 6 hours for anything, just anything a world great said of ronaldo but oops nothing google could give u. So there are more daft than smart people? I thought it was the other way round. Its ok, you probably got that estimate from the sample space in the crib where u live at.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2011
ronaldo wasn't talented as a youth but won the ballon d'or and fifa player of the year at 23.
so 23 is no youth?

mr dickkset. . . you are chatting shhhit.

another stat,

42 – lionel messi shots in the 2011 copa america and 2010 world cup combined: he failed to score in both. zero
messi is the best player ever indeed. grin grin grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2011
if if if a terminology for losers. If pele was born a colombian, if maradona was born a bolivian, if zidane played for algeria instead and getafe instead, if giggs was a french instead, if fat ronaldo played for almeria and was borrn a canadian, if ronaldinho was born a nigerian and remained at psg . Now figure out the rest douchbag! In life forget ifs. Every standing statistic suggests messi is greater greater greater.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2011
From what uve been talkin all nite u r obviously one of the daft ones. I know u used the sample space in ur home. U say there a more dafts rite? Ok let me do u some math. Ur pops- daft, ur moms- partially daft, ur first sister- smart, ur first brother- smart, ur second sister- daft, you- daft, you third sister-daft. Giving us 5/7. Damn ur rite, there are more daft pple in the world. U a genius.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2011
ddippset:

if if if a terminology for losers. If pele was born a colombian, if maradona was born a bolivian, if zidane played for algeria instead and getafe instead, if giggs was a french instead, if fat ronaldo played for almeria and was borrn a canadian, if ronaldinho was born a nigerian and remained at psg . Now figure out the rest douchbag! In life forget ifs. Every standing statistic suggests messi is greater greater greater.

messi is great but he's not greater than ronaldo.
ronaldo has more goal/games for their respective countries.

42 shots messi took in his last 2 competitions for argentina.
he scored zero goals from them - and he is greater?

ddippset:

From what uve been talkin all nite u r obviously one of the daft ones. I know u used the sample space in your home. U say there a more dafts rite? Ok let me do u some math. your pops- daft, your moms- partially daft, your first sister- smart, your first brother- smart, your second sister- daft, you- daft, you third sister-daft. Giving us 5/7. Damn your rite, there are more daft pple in the world. U a genius.

you got it wrong, i used the sample space in ma house. . . .if i am smart, it's genetics - it means both ma parents are smart.
you are daft, it means everyone in your household and the generations before them are also daft. . . .which makes you super-daft. . . . .

messi is being carried by the team. . . . .same way as pique(a defender who couldn't get games in man utd) but who has now won more titles than any of his age mates for club/country. by your daft estimation, you would tell us pique is better than carvalho or vidic, won't you?

your idiocy is spreading. . . . .go and hibernate until you buy artificial intelligence.

[img]http:///gallery/d/188750-1/Dogs_gets_blanket.gif[/img]
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2011
lol. You fell rite into my b***y trap. An associate of mine just pinched me back to reality. Comparing two players and using shots on goal, goal/game? Way of it. And iam sorry for all my trash talking. U win, ronaldo is the best in history. Can i sleep now? Good nite (tongue in cheek)
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2011
coogar:

david silva and luka modric take epl defences to the cleaners? whose defences?
are you a dreamer? the same silva that was beasted by nani or the same modric beasted by lightweights like nasri and tiote.
odemwingie from russia has won what exactly? epl's golden boot? aguero played against swansea. . . .a team from wales, for feck's sake.

Silva copped 14 or 15 assists in his first season in the EPL. Silva is the most creative player in the EPL. Nani has been in EPL for God knows how long. . . Odems scored 15 goals in his first EPL season playing in a newly promoted West Brom side. Aguero played against Swansea? Aren't Swansea in the EPL? Shane Long, signed from the championship, has scored two goals in two games playing against United and Chelsea. . . EPL is a piece of cake.

so why hasn't torres taken epl to the cleaners? last time i checked. . . .torres is a starter in spain!
tevez had to wait for 6 seasons to win the golden boot in the league with several penalty kicks to his name. . . . .world class players like ballack, robinho, veron, fabregas, robben, kezman, etc have been chased out of epl cos they couldn't cut it.

Torres' record of most goals scored by a foreigner in his first season is still waiting to be broken. . . Ballack was an undisputed starter at Chelsea. Robinho was the 2nd highest goal scorer in his first season in the EPL. Robben won two league titles with Chelsea. No winger could hold a candle to Robben when he was at Chelsea. You even mentioned Fabregas. The same Fabregas that has the most assists in Europe in the past four to 5 seasons? quit watching footie. . .invest that 90 minutes in something like, em. . . washing undies grin at least, you'd make money from it.
david silva did not tear stoke city to pieces and that match wasn't played at the britannia.
this is what i say about barcelona fans. your comprehension skills are lacking.

the question is. . . . .can messi do it on a wet tuesday night in britannia?

Silva butchered Stoke City everytime they met last season including at the Britannia eventhough it ended goalless. . . . This Stoke City argument is third world meaningless.

assist is a function of 2 variables. . . .the passer and the receiver of the pass scoring.
since we all agree messi has better team mates who receive his passes and score. . . .you are proving nothing. david villa is better than benzema. samuel etoo is better than rooney. you are just pissing in the wind telling me about messi's assist. . . . .what are his assists outside barcelona?

Two assits at the world cup. Three assists at the Copa America. What are Ronaldo's  goals outside United and Madrid? 
Messi has better teammates to turn his assits into goals? compare their chances created.

john arne riise scores aerially too? john arne riise scored 42 goals in england something thierry henry(goal machine) never managed.
like i said, you are just pissing in the wind with your daft comparisons pulling isolated football skills. . . .ronaldo is the total package, a better athlete and he was not built via steroids(unlike messi)
Arne Riise scores headers too:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/331443-juventus-roma-john-arne-riises-last-minute-header-stuns-10-man-juve

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2011
medjai,
You never still free this fella. Na wa o.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by dayokanu(m): 1:21am On Aug 21, 2011
Can Messi do it in a cold night in Britannia vs players like ROberth Huth, Shawcross and Woodgates?

All these Stoke players who are not skilled enough to get called up for their NT?

WHich kain question be dat? Like asking if the best student in Harvard can make it in Iree Poly

Can Ronaldo do it in a wintry night at Rubin Kazan? Can Ronaldo do it in a packed Stadium at Mochengladbach? Can Ronaldo do it in the Ultra den of Catania? Can Ronaldo do it in the sandy pitch in Libbreville? Can ROnaldo do it under a 50 degree weather at El Ahly Stadium?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 8:06am On Aug 21, 2011
Messi can't do it against Stoke. . .This assumption is as ridiculous as it is inane.
We've seen Barca and Messi sweep aside sides like Athletic Bilbao who are a hard tackling, long ball playing side with the 6'5" Fernando Llorente who is even taller than Kenywne Jones.
Britannia isn't even cold compared to Kiev where Barca have beaten Dynamo Kiev. We saw Messi destroy Shatkar Donetsk at the Donbass Arena some months ago. Britannia isn't cold compared to these places.
There's absolutely nothing to suggest Messi won't annihilate Stoke City at the Britannia. . . It's easier to suggest that Stoke City would get mauled if the play against Messi and Barca considering how Barca have swept aside other English sides.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ritchboy(m): 8:12am On Aug 21, 2011
Only deluded Man Utd & Real Madrid fans are still making this Messi vs Ronaldo argument. . . Ronaldo himself will slap you if you compare him to Messi grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by khanye(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2011
OGA mi Sir! grin

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by AjanleKoko: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2011
^^
Oya, coogar. Counter with your own picture of Ronaldo besting Messi, even if na dressing room grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2011
To whom it may concern. Lionel messi wins goal.com world player of the season award. Cant wait till thusday for him to be named uefa european player of the season and then december to be named ballon dor winner 2011. The boy just keeps making we that love him happy and them that hate him so so sad. Aiyaa.To whom it may concern. Lionel messi wins goal.com world player of the season award. Cant wait till thusday for him to be named uefa european player of the season and then december to be named ballon dor winner 2011. The boy just keeps making we that love him happy and them that hate him so so sad. Aiyaa.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2011
medjai:

Silva copped 14 or 15 assists in his first season in the EPL. Silva is the most creative player in the EPL. Nani has been in EPL for God knows how long. . . Odems scored 15 goals in his first EPL season playing in a newly promoted West Brom side. Aguero played against Swansea? Aren't Swansea in the EPL? Shane Long, signed from the championship, has scored two goals in two games playing against United and Chelsea. . . EPL is a piece of cake.

you are a tool. . . . .
silva had 9 assists in the epl not 14 or 15. nani's assists doubled that of david silva. silva is the most creative player in the premier league? you should donate your brains to the apes. nani has been in the premier league means what? he was the highest assist provider in his debut season at man utd. the team had giggs, scholes, ronaldo, rooney and tevez. you wanna compare silva to aguero? what a reetard.

odems scoring 15 goals means what? it means he will score 40 in la liga. diego forlan scored 25 la liga goals in his debut season for villareal, his highest for man utd was 6. guiseppe rossi couldn't cut it in england, he scored a whopping 32 goals for villareal last season. . . . a bench warming van nistelrooy in man utd clinched pichichi in his debut season in la liga.

aguero scored against a welsh team and you are creaming yourself like a donkey. when he came against bolton, what did he produce? epl is a piece of cake? you are a pinhead!!! when i see what players like forlan, rossi and kanoute have achieved in la liga, it tells me la liga is not worth the hype.
any goat can go there and dominate.

Torres' record of most goals scored by a foreigner in his first season is still waiting to be broken. . . Ballack was an undisputed starter at Chelsea. Robinho was the 2nd highest goal scorer in his first season in the EPL. Robben won two league titles with Chelsea. No winger could hold a candle to Robben when he was at Chelsea.

and what has he produced since then? that same season, cristiano ronaldo(winger) outscored torres. ballack was shyte at chelsea. shevchenko was shyte in england. this poof can lie. how was robinho the 2nd highest goal scorer in the league in his debut season? when he was conveniently outscored by anelka, ronaldo and gerrard? no winger could hold a candle to robben? you are a mor0n. cristiano ronaldo was better than him, so was giggs.

You even mentioned Fabregas. The same Fabregas that has the most assists in Europe in the past four to 5 seasons? quit watching footie. . .invest that 90 minutes in something like, em. . . washing undies grin at least, you'd make money from it.

and what did fabregas win with his bazillion assists? fabregas wasn't even in the pfa team last season. . . .you are a crackhead.

Silva butchered Stoke City everytime they met last season including at the Britannia eventhough it ended goalless. . . . This Stoke City argument is third world meaningless.

silva didn't do nada. it was yaya toure that won the fa cup for city, not david silva.

Two assits at the world cup. Three assists at the Copa America. What are Ronaldo's  goals outside United and Madrid? 

for a player who had scored 100 goals in la liga in the last 2 seasons, 5 assists and no goals is a good record indeed.
if i were you, i would hang me head in shame with your inaccurate statistics and blind arguments.

what are ronaldo's goals against man utd and madrid? 2 different teams? are you a dunderhead?
ronaldo has proven his scoring prowess in 2 different teams, messi hasn't. even if we look into the goals scored for their respective countries. . ronaldo's ratio is much better than messi's.

Messi has better teammates to turn his assits into goals? compare their chances created.

messi has better team mates unless you are a ruminant animal.
the same messi had 42 shots in the last 2 tournaments with argentina - he scored 0 goals from them.

Arne Riise scores headers too:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/331443-juventus-roma-john-arne-riises-last-minute-header-stuns-10-man-juve

yes, john arne riise also scored 42 goals in the premier league.
john arne riise also scored 40 la liga goals(unprecedented).

i am done arguing with a bush rat like you.
your stats are awkward, your theories are not even comprehensible. . . . .like dicksett, you are just pissing in the wind.
deco who was a force in la liga came to the premier league and was super anonymous. . . . .la liga players? they are too wacky.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by akalondon: 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
messi is far better then ronaldo
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 3:50am On Aug 23, 2011
Oops too much anger from freddy coogar here. Too many petty details, haggling back and forth like some melon seller. Who's gonna read all this essay? Keep calling me names and keep throwing cheap shots, i aint gonna do that with u. I just keep giving you something to think about. Ronaldo can have all the shots on goal, goal/game, but let messi keep winning the awards.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 4:01am On Aug 23, 2011
No such thing as barcelona has the best team in the world this that and all that bullsh*t. Barca, madrid, man u, chelsae, arsena, milan, inter, bayern. These teams have more than enough finances and quality to bring out 100 percent in any player. If ure in any of these clubs ur teammates are top top class. U cant do without them. Last season madrid had no business losing to gijon, drawing with depotivo. If they didnt they mite have won the league. 2 seasons ago they lost 2 alcacon in copa del rey, lost to lyon in uefa, so telling us about barca's good players is lame and cowardly.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 4:08am On Aug 23, 2011
One player plays one match in a season and scores a hattrick (goal/game +3), another plays 50 games and scores 50 goals(goal/game +1). so who's better? Comparing two payers and using goal/game when there are a million reasonable and clear cut statistics begging to be used.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by ddippset(m): 4:37am On Aug 23, 2011
If the word 'flop' was coined to define messi's performances for argentina, then that word is one which ronaldo would give an arm to be qualified with in his purple and green jersy.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
coogar:

you are a tool. . . . .
silva had 9 assists in the epl not 14 or 15. nani's assists doubled that of david silva. silva is the most creative player in the premier league? you should donate your brains to the apes. nani has been in the premier league means what? he was the highest assist provider in his debut season at man utd. the team had giggs, scholes, ronaldo, rooney and tevez. you wanna compare silva to aguero? what a reetard.

Silva had 15 assits in all competitions. Silva topped City's assits chart last season, his debut season. Silva created 73 chances from 2564 minutes of play. Nani created 78 chances from 2668 minutes of play. Nani only marginally edged Silva despite playing more minutes. . . Silva is creativity.
And where on earth did I compare Silva to Aguero, you filthy menstral rag?

odems scoring 15 goals means what? it means he will score 40 in la liga. diego forlan scored 25 la liga goals in his debut season for villareal, his highest for man utd was 6. guiseppe rossi couldn't cut it in england, he scored a whopping 32 goals for villareal last season. . . . a bench warming van nistelrooy in man utd clinched pichichi in his debut season in la liga.

aguero scored against a welsh team and you are creaming yourself like a donkey. when he came against bolton, what did he produce? epl is a piece of cake? you are a pinhead!!! when i see what players like forlan, rossi and kanoute have achieved in la liga, it tells me la liga is not worth the hype.
any goat can go there and dominate.

The same Forlan was the best player at the last world cup. Kanoute has gone on to win multiple UEFA cups with Sevilla.
Beckham, Owen, Woodgate, Hleb, Robben; 'chairmen' in the EPL all came to La Liga and they couldn't cut it. van der Vaart, a Real Madrid flop, came to the EPL and what a hit he has been since. 13 goals and 9 assits in his first season.

and what has he produced since then? that same season, cristiano ronaldo(winger) outscored torres. ballack was shyte at chelsea. shevchenko was shyte in england. this poof can lie. how was robinho the 2nd highest goal scorer in the league in his debut season? when he was conveniently outscored by anelka, ronaldo and gerrard? no winger could hold a candle to robben? you are a mor0n. cristiano ronaldo was better than him, so was giggs.

and what did fabregas win with his bazillion assists? fabregas wasn't even in the pfa team last season. . . .you are a crackhead.

What were Giggs and Ronaldo doing when Robben drove Chelsea to back to back titles?
What did Fabregas win with his gazillion assists? So it's about trophies won now? Matt Le Tissier never cut it in the EPL? Gareth Bale and Ashley Young are yet to cut it in the EPL? I wonder if you have daftness for a talent.

silva didn't do nada. it was yaya toure that won the fa cup for city, not david silva.

Except you score a the winning goal, you've done nada? You are an archetypal mor0n.

for a player who had scored 100 goals in la liga in the last 2 seasons, 5 assists and no goals is a good record indeed.
if i were you, i would hang me head in shame with your inaccurate statistics and blind arguments.

what are ronaldo's goals against man utd and madrid? 2 different teams? are you a dunderhead?
ronaldo has proven his scoring prowess in 2 different teams, messi hasn't. even if we look into the goals scored for their respective countries. . ronaldo's ratio is much better than messi's.

Messi plays different roles for both club and country and he has been Argentina's best player in their last two major competitions. Where was Ronaldo and his goals when Portugal had to qualify through the back door for the last world cup?

messi has better team mates unless you are a ruminant animal.
the same messi had 42 shots in the last 2 tournaments with argentina - he scored 0 goals from them.

You daft sprog, I asked you for their chances created. Messi does well because he has better teammates? Yet we saw Zlatan Ibrahimovic play with these better teammates and couldn't do jack.

yes, john arne riise also scored 42 goals in the premier league.
john arne riise also scored 40 la liga goals(unprecedented).

i am done arguing with a bush rat like you.
your stats are awkward, your theories are not even comprehensible. . . . .like dicksett, you are just pissing in the wind.
deco who was a force in la liga came to the premier league and was super anonymous. . . . .la liga players? they are too wacky.
My point is that scoring 40 yarders and headers, which is what makes Ronaldo special and complete are no big deal. Can Ronaldo score the wonder lob Messi scored against Mexico in 2007 Copa America? Can Ronaldo give 30-40 yard inch-perfect passes? Can Ronaldo play four or five one-two passes with a teammate and then score?
Ronaldo can't come close to Messi.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
medjai:

Silva had 15 assits in all competitions. Silva topped City's assits chart last season, his debut season. Silva created 73 chances from 2564 minutes of play. Nani created 78 chances from 2668 minutes of play. Nani only marginally edged Silva despite playing more minutes. . . Silva is creativity.
And where on earth did I compare Silva to Aguero, you filthy menstral rag?

you must have been born with a gaping hole in your head. silva had 15 assists in all competitions, nani had 18 assists alone in the premier league.
what's the basis for comparison. you told us earlier silva is the most creative player in the epl, now you are saying nani marginally edged him out, which is which? geriatric donkey, you are. . . . . .check your facts before you open your cesspit mouth on a forum, you decaying sanitary towel

The same Forlan was the best player at the last world cup. Kanoute has gone on to win multiple UEFA cups with Sevilla.
Beckham, Owen, Woodgate, Hleb, Robben; 'chairmen' in the EPL all came to La Liga and they couldn't cut it. van der Vaart, a Real Madrid flop, came to the EPL and what a hit he has been since. 13 goals and 9 assits in his first season.

yes, the same forlan that was the best player in the last world cup was an epl reject. . . . .the same kanoute that was chased out of tottenham hotspurs became a king in la liga. . . .so was van nistelrooy. beckham, owen, woodgate were all washed up by the time they joined la liga. beckham peaked in 99, not in 2003 when he joined la liga.
the same van der vaart that got tamed only last night by a rookie(cleverley). . . . .van der vaart my arse!

What were Giggs and Ronaldo doing when Robben drove Chelsea to back to back titles?
What did Fabregas win with his gazillion assists? So it's about trophies won now? Matt Le Tissier never cut it in the EPL? Gareth Bale and Ashley Young are yet to cut it in the EPL? I wonder if you have daftness for a talent.

the same robben that was out injured 70% of his time at chelsea? you should be used for experiment. it's sad people like you are free when animals with better mental abilities are used as lab rats.
if fabregas is worth his onions, he would win a league title in 6 different attempts. . . .reasons he ran to barcelona where his hardwork can be crowned.

bale is a player? see this mugu. . . . . .gareth bale is a product of the media hype.
he cannot clean the boots of ji sung park. . . . .his hype led to his downfall. . . .i watched him labour last night against chris smalling(a defender that was in a non-league team 18 mths ago).

ashley young is getting there. . . . .he is yet to dominate the epl like ronaldo or henry did. . . . .those are the players you should be mentioning not fools like you who are flash in a pan. very soon, you will tell us peter crouch also dominated the league and reh reh reh.
if stupidity is 1 pesewa, you would be a bazillionaire in dollars.

Except you score a the winning goal, you've done nada? You are an archetypal mor0n.

you are a troglodyte. . . . .when the awards were shared last season. david silva did not feature in one of them.
throughout last season, david silva never won player of the month. for over 9 months of premier league action, silva never dominated for a month.
against the big sides, he was anonymous throughout.

Messi plays different roles for both club and country and he has been Argentina's best player in their last two major competitions. Where was Ronaldo and his goals when Portugal had to qualify through the back door for the last world cup?

see this genetical saphead. you want to compare the tough european qualifiers to south america where brazil and argentina are the major powerhouses? you must have been born a fool. ahead of portugal are germany, italy, spain, france, england and few countries of the eastern european bloc. . . . .only brazil are ahead of argentina in south america, you know nothing about football. go and plait some pubic hair for a change.

You daft sprog, I asked you for their chances created. Messi does well because he has better teammates? Yet we saw Zlatan Ibrahimovic play with these better teammates and couldn't do jack.

zlatan scored plenty of goals for barcelona. . . . .he couldn't do jack? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
21 goals and 9 assists in 40 appearances for barcelona is not doing jack?
i said it before, you should donate your brains to your great great great grandma. . . .she would make better use of it in her grave to count termites. grin tongue

My point is that scoring 40 yarders and headers, which is what makes Ronaldo special and complete are no big deal. Can Ronaldo score the wonder lob Messi scored against Mexico in 2007 Copa America? Can Ronaldo give 30-40 yard inch-perfect passes? Can Ronaldo play four or five one-two passes with a teammate and then score?

ronaldo has scored all kind of goals, messi hasn't
there's no kind of goal ronaldo hasn't scored but you idiotic barcelona fans cannot see beyond the red mist. one fool posted the other day no other play has scored the goal messi scored against getafe weaving through 4 defenders. . . . . .whereas, ryan giggs scored a better version of it against arsenal(more quality team) in 99 fa cup semifinal when his team was a man down.

Ronaldo can't come close to Messi.

in your deluded the world.
he has already proven he's more than messi. he met messi in la liga and he broke the la liga scoring record within few months of joining madrid.
ronaldo takes no prisoners - he scores goals!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by RuuDie(m): 4:14am On Aug 24, 2011
@ Coogar,

I wonder why you keep up with this argument~I am a UTD fan, when CR7 was named WPOTY, I had a gigantic poster on the wall in my study of a UTD kid in OT carrying a placard with. . . . . . "RONALDO BEST IN THE WORLD" emblazoned right across. As fans we support our own; I remember the RVN vs TH14 arguments of back in the day (I used to vehemently side for RVN). . . . . so I think I have an idea where all your "love" for CR7 stems.

But to tell you the truth. . . . .Barcelona can never take CR7 for free! He'd have to go to La Maisa for 3 years before he sits on the FCB bench. Rooney is far better footballer than CR7 - never mind that he doesn't score as many goals.
Yes!!! If he likes, he should pack thunderbolts in his boots ~ that boy just doesn't have a football brain! & this is where the problem of our generation lies. . . . . .stats, stats, stats. in this argument the numerals belie the facts!
Even in the way Messi strokes and caresses the ball, we can see that it is not agi'di!

& spare us the crap about the quality of the "team" ~ RM have as much quality as Barca do in every department!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2011
coogar:

you must have been born with a gaping hole in your head. silva had 15 assists in all competitions, nani had 18 assists alone in the premier league.
what's the basis for comparison. you told us earlier silva is the most creative player in the epl, now you are saying nani marginally edged him out, which is which? geriatric donkey, you are. . . . . .check your facts before you open your cesspit mouth on a forum, you decaying sanitary towel

Could you simply apply your aptitude for consistency in something other than being a dunce? It would do you oodles of good. . . So he who cops the most assist is the most creative player? Do I have to school you on this? Being creative does not start and end with having high numbers for assits? There are other things like key passes, chances created, how much you can dictate play, etc. There are people that give the pass before the pass that results in a goal. Like your daft arse stated earlier, creating an assist depends as much on your teammate that will convert your assist into a goal.
Nasri had one assist last season, so did B

ale, can we say they're not creative? Modric has only had 5 assits since 09/10 season, can we say he isn't creative. You can create 1000 chances and none gets converted into a goal. Malouda created the most chances last season yet Nani had the most assists. Of course, the dysmorphic ape you are would never get this.

yes, the same forlan that was the best player in the last world cup was an epl reject. . . . .the same kanoute that was chased out of tottenham hotspurs became a king in la liga. . . .so was van nistelrooy. beckham, owen, woodgate were all washed up by the time they joined la liga. beckham peaked in 99, not in 2003 when he joined la liga.
the same van der vaart that got tamed only last night by a rookie(cleverley). . . . .van der vaart my arse!

Forlan was the best player at the last world cup and was great at the just concluded Copa America. Doesn't that tell you that his coach didn't do enough to harness his talents? Kanoute since moving to Sevilla have won more trophies that Spurs have within the same time frame. He has gone on to win the African Footballer of the Year award. He would never have smelt that at Spurs. . . If brains were dynamites, you wouldn't have enough to cause a vibration within your bogus cranium.
Beckham peaked in 99 shocked shocked when Figo marginally pipped him to the World Footballer of the Year Award in 2001?
The same van der Vaart that was one of the best signings last season and had some Player of the Month award to his name? I don't know what made you so daft but damn! It works. See the way Pennant is having fun at Stoke City. He could hardly make it to the subs bench at Zaraogza.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by medjai(m): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2011
coogar:

the same robben thatwas out injured 70% of his time at chelsea? you should be used for experiment. it's sad people like you are free when animals with better mental abilities are used as lab rats.
if fabregas is worth his onions, he would win a league title in 6 different attempts. . . .reasons he ran to barcelona where his hardwork can be crowned.

bale is a player? see this mugu. . . . . .gareth bale is a product of the media hype.
he cannot clean the boots of ji sung park. . . . .his hype led to his downfall. . . .i watched him labour last night against chris smalling(a defender that was in a non-league team 18 mths ago).

ashley young is getting there. . . . .he is yet to dominate the epl like ronaldo or henry did. . . . .those are the players you should be mentioning not fools like you who are flash in a pan. very soon, you will tell us peter crouch also dominated the league and reh reh reh.
if stupidity is 1 pesewa, you would be a bazillionaire in dollars.

Fabregas(PFA Young Player of the Year 07/08, Team of the Year, 07/08, 09/10) is not worth his onions because he never won a league title. Do you make a living out of being daft? David Ginola(PFA Player of the Year 99), Matt le Tissier were never worth their onions because they never won a league title? If Ronaldo is worth his onions, he would have won the La Liga?
The same Bale was PFA player of the year last season, you are third world reetarded. 

you are a troglodyte. . . . .when the awards were shared last season. david silva did not feature in one of them.
throughout last season, david silva never won player of the month. for over 9 months of premier league action, silva never dominated for a month.
against the big sides, he was anonymous throughout.

How many awards did Rooney win last season? He must have had a horrible season.

see this genetical saphead. you want to compare the tough european qualifiers to south america where brazil and argentina are the major powerhouses? you must have been born a fool. ahead of portugal are germany, italy, spain, france, england and few countries of the eastern european bloc. . . . .only brazil are ahead of argentina in south america, you know nothing about football. go and plait some pubic hair for a change.

Is this where you bag the doofus of the year award? Europe with poo teams like Faroe Islands, San Marino, Luxembourg, Andorra, Cyprus, Finland, Estonia, Wales, Northern Ireland, etc? The weakest teams in COMEBOL region are Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador and these teams can hold their own against some of the world's best teams. We saw what that they are capable of at the last Copa America. Venezuela finished fourth. In COMEBOL the top teams like Brazil, Argentina,, Uruguay, Paraguay, clash on a regular and there are teams like Chile and Colombia that are also very good. In Europe, because of seedings, top teams hardly ever face each other in qualifiers. They only meet in friendlies or in the Euro or world cup. It was an average Denmark that grabbed the automatic ticket ahead of Portugal in qualifying for the last world cup. If Argentina were in Europe, Messi's goal record would have entered 6 digits.

zlatan scored plenty of goals for barcelona. . . . .he couldn't do jack? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
21 goals and 9 assists in 40 appearances for barcelona is not doing jack?
i said it before, you should donate your brains to your great great great grandma. . . .she would make better use of it in her grave to count termites. grin tongue

Yet Zlatan was benched by Bojanito towards the end of the season. The same Zlatan was sold for 25m despite being bought for 69m. Big players do big things in big games. You slimy fagggot, after all the dicck you suck, you still have an excuse for a brain.

ronaldo has scored all kind of goals, messi hasn't
there's no kind of goal ronaldo hasn't scored but you idiotic barcelona fans cannot see beyond the red mist. one fool posted the other day no other play has scored the goal messi scored against getafe weaving through 4 defenders. . . . . .whereas, ryan giggs scored a better version of it against arsenal(more quality team) in 99 fa cup semifinal when his team was a man down.

Messi dribbled round 6 defenders and ran 62 metres for the goal against Getafe, Ronaldo can never score such. Ronaldo can never score the type of goal Messi scored against Mexico in 07 Copa America. Ronaldo can never score the type of goal Messi scored against Real Sociedad last season or the goal Messi scored against Arsenal at the Camp Nou.

in your deluded the world.
he has already proven he's more than messi. he met messi in la liga and he broke the la liga scoring record within few months of joining madrid.
ronaldo takes no prisoners - he scores goals!
Only foool like yourself would have a wankfest over Ronaldo's goals. He scored more than twice as much penalties as Messi scored. Banging in goals after goals when there was nothing to play for anymore. Where was Ronaldo and his goals when Messi was deciding the El Classo?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Messi Who Is Better by coogar: 9:39am On Aug 24, 2011
medjai:

Fabregas is not worth his onions because he never won a league title. Do you make a living out of being daft? David Ginola, Matt le Tissier were never worth their onions because they never won a league title? Zola was never worth his onions? If Ronaldo is worth his onions, he would have won the La Liga?

if you compare cristiano ronaldo to players like zola, fabregas, ginola and matt le tissier then you are not qualified to be human. you are sub-human.
something coogar will call a human-mutt!

The same Bale was PFA player of the year last season, you are third world reetarded.

on the back of beating maicon. an award most football fans ridiculed.
nani, nasri, van der vaart and chicharito had a better season than bale last season. but pfa is decided by footballers(majority of them are daft) and the timing of the voting is also flawed - so i don't always expect the best players in the league to cop that award. gareth bale is not even in the top five wingers in the league.

How many awards did Rooney win last season? He must have had a horrible season.

wayne rooney had a disgusting season by his high standards. . . . .something he even said himself.
it was so bad berbatov and hernandez outplayed rooney in every game last season.

Is this where you bag the doofus of the year award? Europe with poo teams like Faroe Islands, San Marino, Luxembourg, Andorra, Cyprus, Finland, Estonia, Wales, Northern Ireland, etc? The weakest teams in COMEBOL region are Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador and these teams can hold their own against some of the world's best teams.

this is why your mama should have named you "toolie"
the qualification in the south america is like a normal league system where all the teams play each other and the top five qualifies. too easy.
in europe, the top teams are seeded and at least 2 huge teams play in the same group with only the winner guaranteed direct qualification and the 2nd in group would be in the play-offs. teams like faroe islands, andorra, cyprus just make the numbers, they can never ever qualify.

We saw what that they are capable of at the last Copa America. Venezuela finished fourth. In COMEBOL the top teams like Brazil, Argentina,, Uruguay, Paraguay, clash on a regular and there are teams like Chile and Colombia that are also very good. In Europe, because of seedings, top teams hardly ever face each other in qualifiers. They only meet in friendlies or in the Euro or world cup. It was an average Denmark that grabbed the automatic ticket ahead of Portugal in qualifying for the last world cup.

they are capable of nothing. argentina and brazil had a disgusting tournament. brazil were so bad they failed to convert a single penalty when they got eliminated. argentina were so disgusting, they had more men on the pitch for 45 mins and they could not beat uruguay on their home soil. leo messi(the bestest player in the universe since creation) was on the pitch and he was subdued.

only a fool would compare the quality of teams in europe to that of south america. only brazil and argentina make the grade in south america. do i need to list the number of european teams that have won the world cup in comparison to south america? were you born utterly brain dead?

If Argentina were in Europe, Messi's goal record would have entered 6 digits.

of course. . . .messi's goal record would have entered 6 digits in europe but he could not crack it in the same continent that had fat ronaldo scoring 62 goals in 76 for brazil. . . . .romario 55 goals in 70 for brazil. . . . .56 goals in 78 apps for argentina. . . .etc.
messi is shyte for argentina. . . . .he knows it himself that he's shyte without xavi and iniesta.

Yet Zlatan was benched by Bojanito towards the end of the season. The same Zlatan was sold for 25m despite being bought for 69m. Big players do big things in big games. You slimy man-lover, after all the dicck you suck, you still have an excuse for a brain.

social reprobate. . . . .zlatan wasn't bought for 69m. . . . .it was a part exchange for samuel etoo and cash. . . .i dunno where you got your £69m from and zlatan wasn't even worth that amount in the first place. . . . .he came into barcelona and scored goals.

Only foool like yourself would have a wankfest over Ronaldo's goals. He scored more than twice as much penalties as Messi scored. Banging in goals after goals when there was nothing to play for anymore. Where was Ronaldo and his goals when Messi was deciding the El Class a living out of being daft?

if you take out the penalties from ronaldo's goals, he still outscored messi.
the bit about ronaldo scoring when there was nothing to play for anymore is the rubbish messi fan-boys are putting out for their serial w@nking.
when exactly did messi decide there was nothing to play for anymore when last season's la liga was all about messi versus ronaldo since day one?

where was ronaldo and his goals when messi was deciding el clasico? that must be the daftest statement coming from a beast of burden like yourself? you have turned the arguments back to square one. the fact is. . . .messi plays in a better team. whatever messi does in that better team will be magnified. the same messi that has scored 100 goals for barcelona in the last 2 seasons has a disgraceful 17 goals in 60 apps for argentina.

and argentina is a team that has got aguero, tevez, higuain, milito, cambiasso, veron, etc in their squad.
what is so great about messi if he's a hero for barcelona and zero for argentina. when maradona did it, he was hero for both club/country. fat ronaldo, zidane, van basten, cryuff, di stefano, etc. you are a disgrace for sucking on messi's phallus when the facts prove he is a nonentity if he's not wearing the barcelona shirt.

i am sure you w@nk to messi's picture on your wall every morning. you ignorant onanist!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.