Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! (7360 Views)

GEJ recieves book from Reno / Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by NaijirianKing: 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
If you're from Benue you need to explore your state. #LocalChampion
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by NaijirianKing: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Thoughts?
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by fuckluv(f): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
tit:

Which ones is "treasonable felony"?
Sisi mi, call a spade a spade.
Baba Awolowo is a strong man, he plotted coup.
He even tried it again in 1988.

Please you people should stop defending gowon. He is the one that caused all the trouble and started the civil war.
He is the biggest sponsor of Biafra.
What Gowon did is that during the Aburi accord, he gave ojukwu money and tactics to kill nigeria.
Yes, he was a sponsor of biafra.
That is why when he got back to lagos, Muritala rejected the Aburi accord.
And Ojukwu did not forgive Gowon for the double-cross.
No one is defending Gowon. Of course he's to be blamed. I'm only correcting the misconception that igbos believe against Awolowo, when they wouldn't do their own research but relent on ear say "my great-grandfather told my dad", bla bla bla....and then refer you to "Achebe's" book to buttress their points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by cbrass(m): 12:32am On Sep 02, 2014
NaijirianKing: If you're from Benue you need to explore your state. #LocalChampion

But, here is a link discussing indigenous Benue State Igbo...http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=56412
Here's an excerpt: There are over one million of them spread across four local government areas of Benue State. You can find them in Ado, Oju, Okpoku and Obi, all in Benue State. They are ethnic Igbos.

Igbo Speaking is not the same as Igbo. Just like Fulani speak Hausa, but they are not Hausa. Some Edo learn Yoruba, but they are not Yoruba. Timaya is Ijaw, but sings in Igbo, is he any less Ijaw? Just because one learns and speaks Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba deosn't change their ethnicity.

why are you contradicting your self, dont you read what you type before posting?? anyway i laff in swahili at your funny post gringrin
Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by onoja12: 5:36am On Sep 02, 2014
Some times people argue just for arguing sake,now you want to invent history,please tell me what year a civilian plotted a coup in Nigeria,and who was the members of this coup and who did they over throw or try to

NaijirianKing: The article clearly says first "military coup." Simple grasp of English language proves my point, there are civilian coup and military coup. If there were no such difference the article wouldn't specify which one.

Thanks for doing my work for me, you're welcome.
cool

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by onoja12: 5:38am On Sep 02, 2014
i wouldn't want to be derailed into another topic

NaijirianKing: If you're from Benue you need to explore your state. #LocalChampion

But, here is a link discussing indigenous Benue State Igbo...http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=56412
Here's an excerpt: There are over one million of them spread across four local government areas of Benue State. You can find them in Ado, Oju, Okpoku and Obi, all in Benue State. They are ethnic Igbos.

Igbo Speaking is not the same as Igbo. Just like Fulani speak Hausa, but they are not Hausa. Some Edo learn Yoruba, but they are not Yoruba. Timaya is Ijaw, but sings in Igbo, is he any less Ijaw? Just because one learns and speaks Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba deosn't change their ethnicity.

Re: BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! by fuckluv(f): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2014
Ojiofor: ojukwu never recognised Gowon regime from day one and the whole eastern region was under his command or did Gowon send soldiers from lagos to go and effect his release?Ojukwu said in one interview that he freed awo from prison.
Of course i read the interview. I know its just a matter of time before you will mention it. This is what igbos keep saying for ages. But did you or others also read about Awolowo's interview? When you read that, you will be more confused as to who is telling the truth between them.

If after reading both interviews and you decided to believe ojukwu's version thereby discarding Awolowo's own, then you are a TRIBALIST. Likewise, if i also discard ojukwu's own by believing Awolowo's version, i'm a TRIBALIST. This is where you need to do your own findings from a neutral point.

Let me ask you this question: if Ojukwu signed the warrant as he "claimed", why did the effectuation of the warrant waited for so long until it coincided with the order given by Gowon as the head of the revenge coup, for Awolowo to be released? Don't forget that Awolowo was not released until seven months after the first coup of the year in which ojukwu was the Gov. of east while ironsi was the head of state.

Did Gowon as the head of state need the consent of ojukwu to order the release of a prisoner in a FEDERAL prison? It is just like saying because Unilag is in Lagos, it is under the control of Fashola.

Fashola cannot claim that because he didn't recognise the power of PDP in lagos, then Jonathan has no say in the federal affairs in Lagos. This is why Jonathan can "suddenly" decide that he wants to re-name UNILAG whether it suits Fashola or not. Fashola can only flex his muscles on LASU.

Not until the declaration of "independent state of biafra" in 1967, all federal civil servants in the eastern region still reported back to Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Igbo's Living In Spain Opens Biafra Embassy - Photos / Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs / Pictures & Videos From Thursday's National Economic Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.