Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police (17903 Views)

Rejoinder: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today - Political Failure? / My Experience With Lagos State Govts. Flood Helpline / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 29, 2014
A similar issue happened to me and I was taken to the exact police station in National stadium.

I can still remember the names of the two police officers, I am sure they are the same ones that harrased you.

One is Sunday a short man,

and then a tall dark one called Taofeek.

The DPO is a dark man, but can't remember his name..

Those Idiots collected lots of money from us that day, after deflating my tires.

I spent 500 naira to pump each tire since there was no other vulcanizer around and the
one there seems to be working with the police to carry out their evil

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by vision2050: 4:10am On Aug 29, 2014
This prompt me to share the case of a woman in my office, his son was arrested by SSS during the protest of OOU students about the reduction of School fees. The guy is not a student nor a protester, just a innocent guy going for his daily bread. He was detained in their custody for 3 days, his phone was seize. After 3 days they gave him his phone to call his relative, when the guy call his mother, the woman was like where have you been all this while we have been looking for you?. When he said he was in SSS custody, fever, headache, sweat came upon the poor woman, she rushed down there, the SSS office opposite Obansanjo library( I'm not sure maybe library but Obasanjo built a mansion there) at Oke-mosan. To cut it short, they asked them to go and bring 50k until the son will be realize, they even confirmed that the guy was not part of the protester, the question I ask now is that why the money? They even said if she fail to look for the money his son will remain there and nothing will happen, the woman beg them to realize his son but it fell on deaf hear until they collected #22000 for a bail that have no receipt!. I only hear about the law enforcing agent how cruel they are never witness it but having witness this they are the baddest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Twy: 4:13am On Aug 29, 2014
The police in that Surulere axis seems to have a quota to fill and may also be on drugs. I remember one time in Ojuelegba just saw people running around me, next thing was a bus and policemen, me with some foreign experience, self stay there they greet officer and prove my innocence, big mistake. Don't greet them or stand ground just run or find a way to run, if you can't you may have to pay some cash quick and let themgo your way, it is money they are after. But my gripe with the police are these.
1. they kill criminals without a trial, especially the Sars in Ikeja. through someone who spent a a few days, he said they actually kill criminals, one offered to kill a thief who robbed my uncle, but my uncle said no he wanted a trial and jail time.
2. They can do there duty, investigate and prosecute but will rather be looking for cheap money on the street. My uncle paid them a lot of money for them to catch the thief, if you just report a robbery without atleast 150k for petrol and bribe forget the story. The cousin who spend time at sars says police can do their duty if they want, but that depends on how much you are willing to pay and they may be interested in killing the suspect than a trial
3. they rape, I hung out with some runs girls who say I should stop being friendly with police and told me stories of police rapes.. It seems the prostitution and runs ring in the Ikeja axis has some police grease. So please they are not your friend.
4. they probably know 3/4 of the criminals in the country but are too lazy, greedy and incompetent to go after them. Most of the criminals in the country have a police file somewhere but people will rather throw case away for money than to pursue justice

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by cold(m): 4:36am On Aug 29, 2014
Every Nigerian that can afford it should try and buy a spy cam. Which may come in pens,fake e-cigarretes,lighters,wrist watches etc. In most cases you will not be in a position to use your phone except you want it seized or smashed. A video clip of the op's experience would have seen heads roll. Really sad though.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by vision2050: 4:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Gwazah:
U SHOULD BLAME DE YORUBAS FOR SUCH HUNGRY ACT, HONESTLY WHEN U COME TO DE NORTH THOSE HABIT ARE MINIMAL. IT IS ONLY IN IGBO OR YORUBÀ LÀND THAT SUCH HABIT IS COMMON COS THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY.
wet weed is bad for your brain. Do you mean Boko police?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by experimentist: 6:18am On Aug 29, 2014
igbsam: I once almost fell victim of this act of theirs. But guess what I did. There is a barrack within the vicinity. Immediately they opened my car door and jumped into it. I central locked it and then told them that they have made the biggest mistake of their life. I then told them i'm a soldier and right away, i am going to the barrack where they would be taught a lesson they will never forget. Fortunately, I have some colleagues of mine as military personal in that barrack. I called them up and told them i am coming with some criminals to the barrack. My brothers, come see as those women dey beg me. Officer, please....we are sorry, we are very sorry. I drove them a little after the barrack, up to ifesinachi park before i warned them never in their life to try that nonsense with me and then opened the door and let them out. Come see as dem run like criminals.
lmao grin

Guy you don key pesin here o cry
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by experimentist: 6:24am On Aug 29, 2014
henryobinna: hope you don't mean what you're saying!
if she had brought out her phone to record/snap what was going on, do you know that those 'legal' criminals could open fire on them and term it accidental discharge? or worse claim to have been attacked by maybe her cousin and you know once you're dead you're dead forever
so thank GOD she/they never took that risk
gringrin
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by henryobinna(m): 6:45am On Aug 29, 2014
experimentist: gringrin
I dey tell you. ooh...
I pity their children sha

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by bayulll01(m): 6:49am On Aug 29, 2014
debbie: After hearing so many bad things about the Nigeria Police force,i didnt know that one day i will fall victim to their wicked and corrupt mind.
One my way yesterday in Lagos State,while my cousin was driving down the National Stadium Surulere onward to shitta and down to lawanson.As we were approaching the traffic light infront of the stadium (which had two traffic lights that work almost simultaneously),before the light changed to orange my cousin having passed the first traffic light which was few steps away from the second stopped.

In less than few seconds,three female police officers standing by came and started questioning us.
One said " why didnt you stop since and its now that the light was changing to orange that you will stop.Before we knew what was happening the other ladies jumped inside the backseat.
The second lady asked us to park in front of the stadium,but my cousin and i insisted that we didn't commit any traffic offense.Yet the refused and asked us to drive into the stadium.Because we refused, the lady started shouting that we want to kidnap her? (someone who forcefully entered your car is now raising alarm).....this was where the whole drama unfolded.

Unknown to us,they actually led us to a police station inside the National stadium.Immediately we where confronted by two men who looked hungry and unpleasant in their uniform.This was the DPO and another officer or whoever they were.They started accusing us of trying to kidnap the ladies and secondly breaking the traffic rules.Meanwhile these ladies have already disappeared and gone back to their duty post ( waiting for another victim).

The DPO told us that our offense is 80,000naira else we will be taken to alausa...at that point we felt weak and cold,knowing that this was not going to end up in a funny way.
We started pleading after trying to prove we didn't commit any offense....before we knew what was happening they called a stand by vulcanizer who deflected our tires.At this point we felt helpless and we told them we didnt have much money on us,but just about 5k ( the DPO busted into serious anger and shouted at us,that we think he is all these road side touts that can just collect anything? that is it either we pay 20k or forget the car for now)...not knowing what to do.My cousin now told the police officer to call back the guy to pump air back into those tires,let him try and figure out a way out...the vulcanizer came and said that to pump each tire is 1000 naira.This sent some cold air down my spine and i was like is this really happening or was i dreaming.The poor man told us that since it was the officer that asked him to pump the tire,he needs to buy him some cool recharge cards,so that is why he is charging us that huge amount.

My cousin started calling his office people and explaining what happened.After some minutes (thanks to the closeness of his office to the National Stadium),two of his colleagues came and demanded to speak with the DPO....who refused to entertain any discussion.

Unknown to me,they have already contacted another DPO at IJORA side,who requested to speak with the man in-charge.....while the colleagues were persuading the man to speak with the oga on phone,he started ranting that who the hell is it they want him to speak to.Afterward he collected the phone and from his salutation one could easily detect who the person on the other end was.Within some few minutes the call was over and the officer out of anger told the guy to pump back the tires and insisted he needs to settle those ladies...we said NO,BUT IT WAS OBVIOUS ANOTHER DRAMA WAS ABOUT TO BEGIN....

AFTER SPENDING OVER 3HOURS THERE,WE WERE RELEASED AND LEFT THE PLACE
THIS IS MY STORY

I wonder how many innocent citizens have fallen prey to the hands of these wicked and corrupt men who should be doing the right thing...NOT TO TALK OF THOSE LADIES WHO ARE STATIONED THERE TO CATCH VICTIMS AND DRAIN THEM OF THEIR MONEY.
I ask,what is the government doing? has it really gotten this bad? who are we to blame? even in the heart of the town such things happen and no one is speaking against it?

FINALLY,NIGERIA HAS A LONG WAY TO GO,BUT OUR POLICE FORCE IS A TOTAL DISGRACE .
Oga u and ur cousin dull

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Mbediogu(m): 7:00am On Aug 29, 2014
cococandy: Mbediogu. My favorite bed tiime stories from my infant days.
We would sit around grandma and lap up the juicy stories hungrily like a pack of thirsty wolves.
And when we go,we would be so looking forward to the next holiday season so we can go back for more stories smiley smiley

Your moniker just brought smiles to my face.
Thank you so much kiss

Nwannem cococandy Ada Ndigbo. Ekenem gi. Dalu oo.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by otokx(m): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2014
Those police men are good examples of many a Nigerian who use the slightest of opportunities to extort money especially in their work places.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by cococandy(f): 7:28am On Aug 29, 2014
Dede m. Ututu oma smiley
Mbediogu:

Nwannem cococandy Ada Ndigbo. Ekenem gi. Dalu oo.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 29, 2014
MARKone:

Police are the WORST, and that is why, you get nothing good out of them, nothing! they are cursed, useless, hopeless, dirty, drunks, vile creatures of the earth and extremely wicked, go to their barracks and see how they live. They intimidate you at gunpoint(armed robbery) steal from you, and they think they will enjoy another man's sweat, without repercussions, while another family, gnashes their teeth in sorrows, tears and blood. They spirits of those they've killed because of #20 and #50, APO SIX et all will always continue to hunt them. That Boko haram is the monster they are today is because of NPF. Nonsense!!

GEJ is not the problem of NPF, they have been so corrupt before he came to power, and they will remain so when he leaves.
Naija police is obviously a disgrace to the world police, no doubt. In a way, I still believe that their shameful acts are still a true reflection of the rot in the society. From VIO to custom to immigration to army, police...they are all corrupt. Police appears to be the worst because we see them everyday.

The sad thing is; even the new ones joining them join with the intention of eating off the rot. One would expect that the new generation would go there to make a change. A few of them are trying though, it's quite unfortunate that they are just in the minority. We need a mass reform. The change we need begins with US!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by hardbody: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2014
A policeman just enters your car? What happened to the lock buttons? I may stop, we may discuss, you standing out there and me in my car, once the light changes again, i will drive off. Never entertain the police to enter your car, but if they ever do for some reason, take them to wherever you choose and strangle the person. You never invited the person into your car and therefore owe the person no obligation to drive him/her to the station.

4 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Sammyblaq(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Lol, the part about those officers disappearing is very true.
I met thess ones they call MOT(Ministry of Trans) in Abia State. They checked all my papers and said it's not complete. I said not possible, he said u don't have MOT wareva, I've never heard that in my 5yrs of driving so I got really angry by then one lady was already n d car.

She directed me to dia office, after speaking all d english I know of they seized my license said I was going to pay 7k but I was seeing 3500 on this paper they typed dia charges, I asked why mine is 7k, they said bc they caught me.

That was when I looked @ d drivers license the man was even holding and realised it was my expired license. I told him lemme get to Gtb down the road, naso I take reach my house. Did the papers the next day and I was ready for them...

Met another set, I intentionally removed that MOT clearance, he started that dia denge pose, I was smiling grin
Then I asked him, is there anything ure actually looking for, u wasting my time. He said, lemme have ur license I gave him. Then he said, u don't have ur MOT clearance. I gave him dis smile and said, u shud have just asked for that and not my papers grin

I cud see it in his eyes he felt like beating me, b4 he cud say jack, I snatched it from his hands and sped off.
a storyline indeed...all them illegal uniform works
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by ifyalways(f): 9:54am On Aug 29, 2014
hardbody: A policeman just enters your car? What happened to the lock buttons? I may stop, we may discuss, you standing out there and me in my car, once the light changes again, i will drive off. Never entertain the police to enter your car, but if they ever do for some reason, take them to wherever you choose and strangle the person. You never invited the person into your car and therefore owe the person no obligation to drive him/her to the station.
LMAO.

I do agree with your first line, never ever let a police man, LASTMA or FRSC enter your car.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by justi4jesu(f): 10:02am On Aug 29, 2014
igbsam: I once almost fell victim of this act of theirs. But guess what I did. There is a barrack within the vicinity. Immediately they opened my car door and jumped into it. I central locked it and then told them that they have made the biggest mistake of their life. I then told them i'm a soldier and right away, i am going to the barrack where they would be taught a lesson they will never forget. Fortunately, I have some colleagues of mine as military personal in that barrack. I called them up and told them i am coming with some criminals to the barrack. My brothers, come see as those women dey beg me. Officer, please....we are sorry, we are very sorry. I drove them a little after the barrack, up to ifesinachi park before i warned them never in their life to try that nonsense with me and then opened the door and let them out. Come see as dem run like criminals.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i cant stop laughing....lol

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by bedfordng(m): 10:02am On Aug 29, 2014
i guess this is a call of action.its time to have hidden camera on gound to video tape it all.even with phones,anytime something like this is about to happen,one should not forget to put on their video cam from the phone.exposing them will make them sit up.its anoying.there is an app that can video tape everything on stealt mode on the backgroud even when making calls or doing any other things with the phone without showing that you are video taping and its available for android phone users..leave it on and carry on with the conversation,then pretend you are making calls to capture their face and conversation wella.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 29, 2014
Police is never ur friend and they will never be your friend.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by igbsam(m): 11:13am On Aug 29, 2014
justi4jesu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i cant stop laughing....lol

My Brother, no be small thing o!
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by xtervaganza(m): 1:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
hahahahahahah
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by GEJTILL2019(m): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
i trust my hausa boys .police dare not touch any of them.....there are some area in kaduna that police are always afraid to enter...if a crime is reported in that area,even a team of ten police men with guns cant go there.they mostly call a team of up to 15 army men to assist them arrest one person

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by experimentist: 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
henryobinna: I dey tell you. ooh...
I pity their children sha
God help us. Some of their children na my friends.. Thou no be all dey do wuruwuru like dis.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by henryobinna(m): 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
experimentist: God help us. Some of their children na my friends.. Thou no be all dey do wuruwuru like dis.
Amen oh...GOD help us

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by youngwolf(m): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
JERRYMAG4: Can you imagine if you had a spy camera to video and record all the discussion? Contact me in need of one. Just N10,500 and you will get a spy WRIST WATCH with night vision, 8G and clear voice recorder.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah....sharp guy
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by mufutau55(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
GenBuhari: we need Buhari

I think you mean Idi-Agbon...
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by tayonooni: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2014
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1879428/videos-all-brutally-handled-nigerian

The two videos there none of the guys could tell what they did. In fact their crime was NOTHING.

Good People Great Nation
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by SenatorJames(m): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
Police are just adding to the plight of citizens of this country, their problem is that they dont want to live on their salary.

Politicians are doing their own, Police are not also left out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group / 10,000 Capacity Anambra ICC To Be Commissioned Soon(video) / Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.