Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) (75740 Views)

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year / Kenya’s Presidential-Aspirant Seeks Spiritual Help In Nigeria / Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 29, 2014
abdulwastecx:

stop self hate dude. ... Brazil is a corrupt as Nigeria and for your information not all foreign country be " oyinbo".

most of these palaces are more lavishly built than aso rock
Private corruption maybe,but I disagree that Brazil's president and her cabinet members/political players are allowed so much space to public funds with so much impunity.

You can see Brazil's economy is growing,and they can manage their security effectively,all these takes technology and resource-investing the Nation's funds judiciously.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 29, 2014
HezronLorraine: Super busy,had to take a nairaland vacation.
Abeg no comot again oooo.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2014
Nosurrenda:

Where's his residence? Check your facts, he works and lives there.

Buckingham palace on the other hand is for the Queen while Chequers Court is country house retreat of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

Google is magic my friend.
No one is perfect man,just add your own pics and info-no need to discredit the thread over a small error by Op.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by oloriadejoke(f): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2014
gbenga4sure: .na d owner of fcmb model the bank after white house,infact his house at lagos was also modelled after white house.
..ok its now clear to 2 me..thanks
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by zubby29(m): 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
it seems u know wat i was lookin for
missdebs: still waitin for aso rock pix, abi na underground dah buildin dey
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by dabrake(m): 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
zonax:

And you took what you saw in a movie for it.
How credulous can one get?
If it's that possible like the movie made it appear, why then has terrorist groups like al-qaeda, ISIS not taken over the place or even bombed it?
Dear, the White house is not only protected, it is unpiercable.
And Snoop Dogg smuggled hard drugs into the white house with its sophisticated security mechanism.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by mikron(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
borga112: In Ghana the president lives among the people not Nigeria where the president lives on an island grin grin
because we nigerians are not ordinary like ghanaians. We re extra-ordinary. We live large grin
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by naptu2: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
The White House, October 28th, 2008.

George W. Bush was returning to the White House when a protester jumped over the fence on the other side of the compound. An armed response team (with dogs) quickly surrounded the man and was eventually able to handcuff him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKNj-LfHLRA

On the other side of the compound, President Bush's Chief Detail kept him inside the limo, which was surrounded by Secret Service agents with weapons drawn, until they received word that the protester had been subdued.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by snaiper: 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
so our presido dey live inside rock...hmmmm,no wonder they all have a heart made of of stone smiley

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by HezronLorraine(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
chimoz:
Abeg no comot again oooo.
I'll heed to that.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by makahlj2: 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
gbenga4sure: 8.)BRITAIN PRESIDENT VILLA
Hmmm... Does Britain have a president

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by mikron(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
fabregas04: that's actually Aso rock and not Zuma rock. D rock is very close 2d presidential villa and NASS, guess d villa was named after d rock.
oga that is zuma rock in madalla niger state not aso rock. Accept ur mistake and Take correction

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by tmanuelle(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
naptu2:

Check the previous page to see pictures of State House The Aso Rock Villa

What's important right now is that a lot of us want to see a typical picture of the Aso Rock Villa (the Presidential Palace), not some hill, not some interior pix, not some walkway, not some president's 'oval' office, not some banquet hall pix, not some FEC meeting hall. We see some of these things on NTA news every other day.

We want to see a true representation of where our president lives. I have never being to London neither have I seen Washington DC in my sleep, but I do recognise the Buckingham Palace and the White House and some other "Power Houses" in the world whenever I see them in pictures, even without a label.

Can anyone lay hands on this picture(s) without being arrested and charged for national security threat/terrorism?

That's the essence of the thread boss.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by naptu2: 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
tmanuelle:

What's important right now is that a lot of us want to see a typical picture of the Aso Villa (the Presidential Palace), not some interior pix, not some walkway, not some president's 'oval' office, not some banquet hall pix. We see some of these things on NTA news every other day.

We want to see a true representation of where our president lives. I have never being to London neither have I seen Washington DC in my sleep, but I do recognise the Buckingham Palace and the White House and some other "Power Houses" in the world whenever I see them in pictures, even without a label.

Can anyone lay hands on this picture(s) without being arrested and charged for national security threat/terrorism?

That's the essence of the thread boss.

Aha! I see why you'll be disappointed. The Aso Rock Villa is not a "Presidential Palace". It's not like the White House or State House Marina. It's more like State House Dodan Barracks. It's a complex.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Dessyguy(m): 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
50calibre:

What the fu*k is this, so this tiny carton is the office of the Ghanian president?

Who built this shyte
have u seen the building before?You better keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I PRESENT ASO ROCK VILLA TO YOU!!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by tmanuelle(m): 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
chronique: Funny enough,I like the fact that you can't get to see pics of Aso rock online except you visit the place physically. I also like the fact that it's not a place anybody can visit easily. If it was,who knows what kind of embarrassment boko haram would have caused us by attempting to attack this building? Nigerians are so sentimental and majority of us lack proper reasoning and fail to dissect issues properly,before commenting on them. We always want things in Nigeria to be done the way you have them in America and Britain(which is not a bad idea),but do not live like them/have the same patriotism like them. They have a united front and will do anything to support each government that comes to power;they are not divided along religious/ethnic/tribal lines. But in Nigeria,every government that comes into power and is headed by a man from a certain part of the country,automatically becomes an enemy of another part of the country. I believe Aso rock was built with all that secrecy,to prevent the govt of the day from being toppled via a coup d'etat;not necessarily to prevent a foreign invasion. When the military built this,I'm not sure they were envisaging a civilian president without military background,coming to live in it. Today,it's been a sort of blessing to the current president,and would still be to subsequent civilian presidents. With all that has happened in Nigeria these past few years,I doubt if attempts wouldn't have been made to either topple the govt,or assassinate the president.

The plain truth is that,the political situation in Nigeria as at today,is still very volatile and as such,cannot allow for "unnecessary" tourism into Aso rock villa(irrespective of the fact that it was built with our money and the govt was elected into office by us). Violence and political killings has to be eroded completely from our politics,and Nigerians must start to see and support whoever is in power,without looking at where He/She comes from,before asking for Aso villa to be open to its citizens. Until that is done,I say: close Aso villa and make it as discreet and secretive as it can be.

Bros you are mixing up many things. The bone of contention here as most people will agree with me is that we want to have an idea of what the Presidential Palace looks like, not about tourism or visit as I totally support the heavy security to control access to the facility because of the nature of things around here.

There should at least be a published picture, same way we have those of the NASS Complex and the Supreme Court.
Having access to the picture is not the same as having the coordinates of the location of the president's chamber in the villa, it's not the same as knowing the geometry of the bunkers we have there in, it's not the same as knowing which wall is concrete/armoured/electrified or which is ordinary bricks, its not the same as knowing where we have armoured or ordinary doors installed...

That's too much of secrecy sir.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by naptu2: 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
tmanuelle:

Bros you are mixing up many things. The bone of contention here as most people will agree with me is that we want to have an idea of what the Presidential Palace looks like, not about tourism or visit as I totally support the heavy security to control access to the facility because of the nature of things around here.

There should at least be a published picture, same way we have those of the NASS Complex and the Supreme Court.
Having access to the picture is not the same as having the coordinates of the location of the president's chamber in the villa, it's not the same as knowing the geometry of the bunkers we have there in, it's not the same as knowing which wall is concrete/armoured/electrified or which is ordinary bricks, its not the same as knowing where we have armoured or ordinary doors installed...

That's too much of secrecy sir.

The Aso Rock Villa, like Dodan Barracks, is not a mansion. It's a complex made up of many houses. The President's office is not the same as his house. They are different buildings. It's not like State House Marina, The White House or Buckingham Palace. However, the building in which most important state functiins take place is the Council Chamber (also known as Aso Chamber). That's the building that's shown on tv. I posted pictures of the exterior of the building on the other thread.

The Aso Rock Villa is not just one house (unlike the White House, etc).

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by tmanuelle(m): 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
naptu2:

Aha! I see why you'll be disappointed. The Aso Rock Villa is not a "Presidential Palace". It's not like the White House or State House Marina. It's more like State House Dodan Barracks. It's a complex.

Yes sir, a complex - comprises of a couple of structures, the VP's wing, and all that. But does the president live in all these structures? He definitely must have a designated wing for himself, his family, his office and his details (that's why I used "Presidential Palace" in my post).

Note: I am not taking this whole thing personally. No problem if I learn from you, that's the essence of a forum. I have asked myself so many times; how does the Aso Rock Villa look like?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by tmanuelle(m): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
naptu2:

The Aso Rock Villa, like Dodan Barracks, is not a mansion. It's a complex made up of many houses. The President's office is not the same as his house. They are different buildings. It's not like State House Marina, The White House or Buckingham Palace. However, the building in which most important state functiins take place is the Council Chamber (also known as Aso Chamber). That's the building that's shown on tv. I posted pictures of the exterior of the building on the other thread.

The Aso Rock Villa is not just one house (unlike the White House, etc).

Oh thanks, got it.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by naptu2: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
tmanuelle:

Yes sir, a complex - comprises of a couple of structures, the VP's wing, and all that. But does the president live in all these structures? He definitely must have a designated wing for himself, his family, his office and his details (that's why I used "Presidential Palace" in my post).

Note: I am not taking this whole thing personally. No problem if I learn from you, that's the essence of a forum. I have asked myself so many times; how does the Aso Rock Villa look like?

His office is in a completely different building from his house. The office is attached to the Council Chamber. The Council Chamber is where Federal Executive Council, National Council Of State and other such meetings are held. That's also where he addressed the nation from (presidential speeches). That's where he receives visiting heads if state. That building is the symbol of the Aso Rock Villa and that's the picture that I posted on the other thread.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by tmanuelle(m): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
naptu2:

His office is in a completely different building from his house. The office is attached to the Council Chamber. The Council Chamber is where Federal Executive Council, National Council Of State and other such meetings are held. That's also where he addressed the nation from (presidential speeches). That's where he receives visiting heads if state. That building is the symbol of the Aso Rock Villa and that's the picture that I posted on the other thread.

Thanks again.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Neldrizzy(m): 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
Princek12:

Since everything pertaining to Nigerian government is operated surreptitiously, pictures of Aso Rock are not made available to the public and citizens are not even allowed to come close to Aso Rock. Roads leading to Aso Rock are manned by armed military personnel.

Although Aso Rock is built by Nigeria's money and the leader is purportedly elected by the people and supposedly working and serving the people, it makes you wonder why the people are not allowed to come near Aso Rock--the building that symbolizes the seat of Nigeria's executive power. Many Nigerians now take Aso Rock as a mysterious place, save for the select few who have been fortunate enough to visit the place.

All in all, it shows that the executive arm of the government is not for the people because it has fenced off the very people it is supposed to serve.
watin you wan go do for aso rock? Abi naa play them de play dia ? FYI its meant for the president and his cabinet, not for ordinary Nigerians,,,, if you r looking for a place to go, mellenium park is available!!
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by BankuTilapia2: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
50calibre:

What the fu*k is this, so this tiny carton is the office of the Ghanian president?

Who built this shyte

Is diz not bigger than the chamber pot ur parents slept in to conceive you. Hahaaaa

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
gbenga4sure: 9.)CHINA PRESIDENTIAL VILLA

One word_Magnificent...
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by musiwa94: 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
c
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by musiwa94: 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
[b][size=18pt]
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Cooljoe1(m): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
mikron: very beautiful and classy
is it an offence to take pictures?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by ulster: 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
gbenga4sure: 8.)BRITAIN PRESIDENT VILLA

dats not 10 Downing Street...., Britain doesn't have a president, check your facts before going to press!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by PointB: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
terrimatix: I know this because i am a covert operator and i don't have to discuss their security apparatus with you........Ya dig??

Covert operator, huh? So what does that make me - who sees all the loopholes, Black Ops?
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by enomakos(m): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
UchihaMadara: NIGERIA PRESIDENTIAL VILLA, ASO ROCK

a rock?
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by enomakos(m): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
eves4love: Aso rock, presidential villa
it look like a brothel

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Steve Karisa: Kenya's Hottest Policeman Who Broke The Internet Recently / Beirut Explosion: The Photographer Recording This Scene Died - Report / Darya, Alexander Dugin's Daughter Killed By Car Bomb In Russia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.