Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) (75743 Views)

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year / Kenya’s Presidential-Aspirant Seeks Spiritual Help In Nigeria / Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
UchihaMadara: NIGERIA PRESIDENTIAL VILLA, ASO ROCK

u bad gan o
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
PointB: Following . . .

Looking at Brazil Presidential Villa, and a little confused. Is that reflection? Why?
that's money
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 30, 2014
Should we be proud of our country even when it treats us as trash? We don't have anything. Not even the picture of where our president lives!

Shameful sha. We spend nylon money, we don't use coins, no murder has ever been resolved, no sacred institutions, no mission, no vision.

Alas, it is better to be the slave of a rich king than to be the prince of a poor one. A rich king has good counsel and guide. A rich king has knowledge and inspires when he speaks. A rich king is benevolent enough to turn a slave to a son or daughter.

A poor king, though may have money but will be buried with nothing and forgotten forever!

A poor king can never think of the future of his generation. A poor king has no content. You will laugh at what he calls wisdom. A poor king has no picture of his house. A poor king would always think about people coming after him.

The rich king and the poor one will die eventually however long they may live but just as "like begets like" rich kings give birth and nurture rich kings like them.

A poor king shouldn't have been born because he never really impacted on his subjects!

Let me sheat my sword!
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:28am On Aug 30, 2014
yomanovic:

Ur a proper Nigerian! Does have to look very expensive like what obtains here in Nigeria? That only explains the simple nature of the white people. Of course, they could have lavished the money on building the presidential villa but they chose to spend it on projects that will benefit the people.
you sound like uncle Ruckus from Boondocks
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:48am On Aug 30, 2014
people and their sabi sabi If you delete all the comments about Britain having a prime minister and not a president we all wouldn't have to waste so much bandwidth everyone who watches cable or went to school including the op knows that Britain has a prime minister
If what I'm seeing is Aso rock (Naijas presidential villa) I'm disappointed.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by naptu2: 5:17am On Aug 30, 2014
Apparently what people expect to see when they think of the Aso Rock Villa or Dodan Barracks is something like State House Marina, Lagos (a 100 room mansion), but Dodan Barracks and The Aso Rock Villa are not like that. They are more like estates than mansions.

State House Marina, Lagos in the 1950s.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/719151_State20House20Marina20circa201950_jpg8a3a5f043b1310fe5cb98231613b3b5d

State House Marina in 1910

www.nairaland.com/attachments/755713_State20House20Marina201910s_jpg2634d1ca544e3b11982c2672528d3f6a

State House Marina in 2012

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/777670_IMG01023-20120804-1556_jpg0872661059f1ba9a250b82eb1aae8b50[/img]

President Jonathan prefers to stay at State House, Marina when he's in Lagos than to stay at State House, Dodan Barracks (by the way, State House, Dodan Barracks is not in Dodan Barracks).

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by PetroDolla3: 11:04am On Aug 30, 2014
50calibre:

What the fu*k is this, so this tiny carton is the office of the Ghanian president?

Who built this shyte
there is nothing "tiny" about the building! the only thing "TINY" is actually the size of your magg0t brain
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tolexander: exactly what i'm trying to find out.

the reflection??...thats a moat i guess.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by SUGARSON(m): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
chronique: Funny enough,I like the fact that you can't get to see pics of Aso rock online except you visit the place physically. I also like the fact that it's not a place anybody can visit easily. If it was,who knows what kind of embarrassment boko haram would have caused us by attempting to attack this building? Nigerians are so sentimental and majority of us lack proper reasoning and fail to dissect issues properly,before commenting on them. We always want things in Nigeria to be done the way you have them in America and Britain(which is not a bad idea),but do not live like them/have the same patriotism like them. They have a united front and will do anything to support each government that comes to power;they are not divided along religious/ethnic/tribal lines. But in Nigeria,every government that comes into power and is headed by a man from a certain part of the country,automatically becomes an enemy of another part of the country. I believe Aso rock was built with all that secrecy,to prevent the govt of the day from being toppled via a coup d'etat;not necessarily to prevent a foreign invasion. When the military built this,I'm not sure they were envisaging a civilian president without military background,coming to live in it. Today,it's been a sort of blessing to the current president,and would still be to subsequent civilian presidents. With all that has happened in Nigeria these past few years,I doubt if attempts wouldn't have been made to either topple the govt,or assassinate the president.

The plain truth is that,the political situation in Nigeria as at today,is still very volatile and as such,cannot allow for "unnecessary" tourism into Aso rock villa(irrespective of the fact that it was built with our money and the govt was elected into office by us). Violence and political killings has to be eroded completely from our politics,and Nigerians must start to see and support whoever is in power,without looking at where He/She comes from,before asking for Aso villa to be open to its citizens. Until that is done,I say: close Aso villa and make it as discreet and secretive as it can be.

NICE ONE BY A SENSIBLE NIGERIAN...

DON'T MIND ALL THESE SLOW THINKING RANTING FOOLS
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by SUGARSON(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
chronique: Funny enough,I like the fact that you can't get to see pics of Aso rock online except you visit the place physically. I also like the fact that it's not a place anybody can visit easily. If it was,who knows what kind of embarrassment boko haram would have caused us by attempting to attack this building? Nigerians are so sentimental and majority of us lack proper reasoning and fail to dissect issues properly,before commenting on them. We always want things in Nigeria to be done the way you have them in America and Britain(which is not a bad idea),but do not live like them/have the same patriotism like them. They have a united front and will do anything to support each government that comes to power;they are not divided along religious/ethnic/tribal lines. But in Nigeria,every government that comes into power and is headed by a man from a certain part of the country,automatically becomes an enemy of another part of the country. I believe Aso rock was built with all that secrecy,to prevent the govt of the day from being toppled via a coup d'etat;not necessarily to prevent a foreign invasion. When the military built this,I'm not sure they were envisaging a civilian president without military background,coming to live in it. Today,it's been a sort of blessing to the current president,and would still be to subsequent civilian presidents. With all that has happened in Nigeria these past few years,I doubt if attempts wouldn't have been made to either topple the govt,or assassinate the president.

The plain truth is that,the political situation in Nigeria as at today,is still very volatile and as such,cannot allow for "unnecessary" tourism into Aso rock villa(irrespective of the fact that it was built with our money and the govt was elected into office by us). Violence and political killings has to be eroded completely from our politics,and Nigerians must start to see and support whoever is in power,without looking at where He/She comes from,before asking for Aso villa to be open to its citizens. Until that is done,I say: close Aso villa and make it as discreet and secretive as it can be.

DON'T MIND ALL THESE SLOW THINKING RANTING FOOLS.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by meso321: 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
[color=#770077][/color] Omo dis 1 na fake!!!u na don c guinea presidential villa.....I'm dey lyke ma backyard
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
SUGARSON:

DON'T MIND ALL THESE SLOW THINKING RANTING FOOLS
Whilst I agree there should be areas of Aso Rock villa walled off from public view, I still think guided tours of the Council chambers or the exterior should be encouraged.

Both Harry Truman and JFK were targets of assassination attempts in the 50s and 60s, and the September 11 attacks happened. But those events haven't led to a prohibition of guided tours of the White House.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by SenatorJames(m): 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
berem: isn't that a night view? What of the daylight picture?
More like 3D Autocad design. It doesn't look real at all.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by naptu2: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
State House, Marina, Lagos (residence of heads of state of Nigeria from colonial times till now).

Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by abdulwastecx(m): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
distributeinc:
Private corruption maybe,but I disagree that Brazil's president and her cabinet members/political players are allowed so much space to public funds with so much impunity.

You can see Brazil's economy is growing,and they can manage their security effectively,all these takes technology and resource-investing the Nation's funds judiciously.

Economic growth depend on some factors like political stability, availability of raw material, cheap labour and strong education...
brazil is a large of about 200million, a large arable land mass, stable political landscape etc. yet brazil is still a relatively poor/ middle country with per capital income of less than 10k dollars.

Brazil has more stable economy based on the aforementioned factors not because of the transparency of the central gov't. Brazil still have a large income inequalities in the world, more than 40% live below poverty linr because of the gov't mismanagement
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Economic growth depend on some factors like political stability, availability of raw material, cheap labour and strong education...
brazil is a large of about 200million, a large arable land mass, stable political landscape etc. yet brazil is still a relatively poor/ middle country with per capital income of less than 10k dollars.

Brazil has more stable economy based on the aforementioned factors not because of the transparency of the central gov't. Brazil still have a large income inequalities in the world, more than 40% live below poverty linr because of the gov't mismanagement
I think we have arable land mass too-why do you think the chinese will com here to lease hectares for farming,we have cheap labour too,just that our political ruling class(controllers of public revenue) are not funding the schools or maybe there is no form of transparency or check and balance system to ensure the government official or school authority judiciously use this funds,that is why money will be spent and real vlue won't be seen.

compared to Naija,I think their Ruling class led by their President is a bit more fair,and this has made a significant impact in their growth.
When you talk of infrastructure,security,welfare I think they have an edge over Naija,u will clearly see quality in most of their projects and structures-they are spending money.

Even in America poor people are numerous,what you can really use to weigh countries is their earnings the revenue the government is able to churn out and what we see on ground...the international tourists centres,world class boulevards,principled leadership-a thriving business climate with great manufacturing capabilities,as well as advancement in technology all because the ruling class are putting to work in Brazil a huge chunk of their revenue in construction and creating structures that boosts business and productivity.

In a nutshell,if u look at Brazil you will see real things and value for money-Quality development.
No wonder they are one of the BRIC Nations...forging ahead,and to think 25yrs ago we were in same position with Brazil in terms of productivity,capacity and economic turnover.

And international perception too,how other Nations and global community regard and respect you because of where you come from,I think in this too they have an edge and this also gives numerous benefits to both the individual and Nation.

We need to find out where we got it wrong,Nigeria is a great Nation.
Re: Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures) by musiwa94: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ru

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Steve Karisa: Kenya's Hottest Policeman Who Broke The Internet Recently / Beirut Explosion: The Photographer Recording This Scene Died - Report / Darya, Alexander Dugin's Daughter Killed By Car Bomb In Russia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.