Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back (64779 Views)

Rat Removed From A Patient’s Belly In Abia State (graphic Photo) / Mentally Unstable Couple Spotted In Abia - Photos / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Rolandken(m): 11:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
The public really needs further enlightenment to let them know that we aren't dealing with a minor disease. All these running away is due to ignorance. Pple r yet to appreciate the gravity of this viral disease.
Visit my blog http://rollyspeaks.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by timifakay(m): 11:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
eaglechild: Going through all the posts here, I am utterly devastated that the Rivers state government has succeeded in spreading blatant lies against a dead doctor who cannot defend himself.

But I will categorically state that the doctor had absolutely no knowledge that he was treating a primary contact.

The wife who is also a doctor alerted the authorities based on the symptoms that preceded the spouse's death.

These were more specific haemorrhagic symptoms unlike that of the diplomat which were non specific and thus undetected.

The diplomat was treated primarily at the doctor's hospital.

The diplomat withheld history of contact.

Excuse me, are you saying the doctor did not carry out any tests before treating the said diplomat?

I would appreciate if you can state in details what the doctor claimed he was treating the diplomat for.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Caseless: 12:22am On Aug 31, 2014
malikmoreni: SHE DEY MAD,? SHE CRAZE THEY'RE JUST CAUSING TROUBLE EVERYWHERE

[size=18pt]They should quarantine her with a CAGE[/size]
trust Nigerians with harsh measure. I wan die with laff.

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 31, 2014
caseless: trust Nigerians with harsh measure. I wan die with laff.

Seriously angry
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Ndababa(m): 12:56am On Aug 31, 2014
eaglechild:

But I will categorically state that the doctor had absolutely no knowledge that he was treating a primary contact.

Nigga you lied. Why try in vain to defend the indefensible?

1. Is hotel a place to treat patients?
2. I thought the doctor has personal clinic why didn't he take him there?
3. The doctor must have atleast a TV to know the basic symptoms of Ebola manifestation - That's if his patient lied about his history which I very much doubt here.

The thing is; the doc thought he could be smart enough to protect himself with basic clothing barricade, n by being careful. Perhaps!
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by laudate: 1:16am On Aug 31, 2014
eaglechild: Going through all the posts here, I am utterly devastated that the Rivers state government has succeeded in spreading blatant lies against a dead doctor who cannot defend himself.

The wife who is also a doctor alerted the authorities based on the symptoms that preceded the spouse's death.

These were more specific haemorrhagic symptoms unlike that of the diplomat which were non specific and thus undetected.

The diplomat was treated primarily at the doctor's hospital.

The diplomat withheld history of contact.

Hmmn... and where did you get this piece of info? undecided Are you related to the late Dr. Ike Enemuo? Or did he confide in you before he passed on? Pray, do tell. shocked And why would the Rivers State govt spread lies about the doctor?

Those who know say that the good old doctor knew precisely what his patient was suffering from & he even tried to disinfect the room after treatment was completed. undecided

The Punch Newspapers: The Rivers State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Samson Parker, says the late Dr. Samuel Enemou, who treated Olu Koye, a Nigerian diplomat with the Economic Community of West African States, was aware that the diplomat was a carrier of the deadly Ebola virus.

The commissioner stated this during a press conference in Port Harcourt on Friday evening.

Parker said, “He had received the late Dr. Patrick Sawyer in Lagos. Upon developing the symptom, confided in a female colleague, called Lilian, who contacted the late Enemuo. It was after contact was established with Dr. Enemuo that Olu Koye flew to Port Harcourt to see him......

On arrival in Port Harcourt, he said Koye checked into Mandate Gardens, a local hotel in the Rumunokoro area in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area.

The hotel is within the Rumunokoro area where Dr. Enemuo’s private health facility, Sam Steel Clinic is located.

Parker added, “From what we have gathered so far, Dr. Enemuo, knowing that Koye was positive of the Ebola virus took some measures of precaution to protect himself while treating Koye.

“Knowing the enormity of what he was doing, Enemuo upon Koye’s departure for Lagos, poured bleach all over the room that Koye slept in order to sanitise the place.”

He said the deceased, after having developed the symptom, approached a colleague for treatment at Good Heart Hospital along Evo Road in G.R.A.

Read the rest of the story here:
http://www.punchng.com/news/late-doctor-knew-diplomat-had-ebola-virus-govt/
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by laudate: 1:57am On Aug 31, 2014
justi4jesu: ........ Welcome to the world of Mr. Dennis Akagha, the husband-to-be of late Miss Justina Ejelonu, the nurse, who contacted and died of the Ebola disease from Mr. Sawyer.

In an exclusive, explosive and passionate interview with Saturday Vanguard, Akagha, who contracted the disease from Miss Justina, was quarantined, treated, cured and discharged last week, spoke on how and why his fiance died, how he contacted and survived the disease, how he was stigmatized and abandoned by co-workers and neighbours, and why victims must be given adequate care. He said perhaps, Justina would have survived with better care. Read on:

-His thoughts on Ebola and late Justina

..... She was one of the nurses that nursed him. She was pregnant and so her immune system was weak, which made it easy for her to contract the disease. On that first day which was a Monday, she was having some pregnancy symptoms, but I just encouraged her to go because it was her first day at work. Sawyer was her first patient.

.....The fever continued and we thought it was just pregnancy symptoms and even when she went to her hospital, they confirmed the same thing. She took drugs and ran tests, yet it persisted. At night, she was usually cold and feverish and her body temperature was usually very high.

At a point, I began to suspect that she had contacted the virus. I did some research on the disease and realised that she was having similar symptoms. On the 14th of August, it became serious, she started stooling and vomiting. I had to clean up everything. All of a sudden, she started bleeding and she started crying that she had lost the pregnancy. I had to call her relatives and other people. The bleeding persisted and I had to clean up everything.

- While you were attending to her did you wear gloves?

Initially I was not wearing gloves because I felt I had already been exposed to the virus. But later I cautioned myself and started wearing nylon on my hands. But I couldn’t stay away from her. I kept consoling her. Even when I took her to the hospital, she wanted to hold me and I
told her to also consider my safety. She managed to hold herself and was able to find her way out in a pool of her blood. We chartered a taxi to the hospital, but first, I took her to First Consultant Hospital because I felt they should know more. When we got there, I was directed to IGH, Yaba. I told the taxi driver to take us there. The driver wasn’t even aware of what was going on as he took us to Yaba.

Justina was on the floor for 30 minutes before she was attended to. She was screaming that she was going to die. She was seriously bleeding, she had to come out of the taxi and lay on the floor. I ran around, trying to get doctors to attend to her.

After everything, they took her in, took her blood samples and the following day, the result came out that it was Ebola. They washed the taxi with chlorine and also bathed the taxi driver and I with chlorine spray. At that point, the taxi driver knew what was going on, he couldn’t even take me home because he was so scared. I had to look for somewhere to pass the night in the hospital. Early the next morning, I left the Hospital. The taxi driver is alive today, nothing happened to him. We have been checking on him and the last time we spoke he told me, he was fine.

-So what happened after you got exposed to the virus?

I was going to the hospital daily to see late Justina. Initially, I was seeing her through the window and she would say I should take her out of the hospital. She complained of lack of care. Perhaps, Justina would have survived the virus, if not for the state she was in.

Her immune system was down because she was pregnant. Along the line, she had a miscarriage and lost the baby due to the Ebola virus disease. The doctors, who were supposed to do an evacuation on her couldn’t do it because they claimed that an evacuation was too risky as she was heavily infected and may pass on the virus to another person

Since nothing was done even after the bleeding had stopped, it led to more complications for her because the already dead foetus somehow got rotten in the womb and started a damaging process which led to further complication. Meanwhile, she was still stooling and vomiting and since nobody could dare to touch her, she was left on top of her excretions even when she couldn’t do much for herself due to her weak state. She was given her incisions and other drugs. I believe if some people survived Justina should have been one of them. At a point, I wished I was a doctor myself; I would have taken the risk of doing the evacuation because it really affected her.

-When was the last day you saw Justina?

The last day I saw her, I had to go inside the ward because she was so unkempt as nobody attended to her. At that time, the quarantined patients were in the former facility where there was no water and she had messed up herself again. I had to look for water to clean her up, change her pampers and arrange her bedding.

Since I was aware of what I was dealing with, I got myself protected while cleaning up the place. I made sure she looked better than when I saw her. Justina was shivering the last day I saw her, one side of her stomach was already swollen, and her legs were also swollen. I prayed for her. At a point, she needed oxygen and the hospital couldn’t provide it. Her friends had to provide it. That was the last day I saw her.

On Sunday Morning, I called her line like I usually did before visiting her, but she didn’t pick her calls. When I got to the hospital, I was told that she was dead....

With all the noise made about how many millions the government had released to tackle Ebola, one would have thought that the patients in the isolation/quarantine unit would have been given better care. It was not just the virus that killed the late Justina.

The secondary infections and lack of adequate care played a strong factor in cutting short her life, too. angry

Maybe, those who are touting the quarantine wards as a panacea for EVD, should also go up in arms against the personnel that refused to provide adequate secondary care to the Ebola victims. (Please note: am not advocating that those infected or all those who have had contact with any of the patients, should abscond from the quarantine centres. Neither am I asking them to decline going there, for treatment).

What we should also be doing is advocating for better standards of healthcare & ensuring that government officials and their medical teams, deploy the money released to tackle EVD, into providing adequate & appropriate care for the infected patients, too. Chikena!

With friends like these clueless Ministry of Health personnel who supervise the infectious unit, leaving EVD victims to wallow in their mire, the patients do not need enemies. cry

2 Likes

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by laudate: 2:23am On Aug 31, 2014
Before the government beats its chest about how they have allocated millions to the fight against Ebola, they need to ask the medical personnel to take a leaf out of the lessons learnt by Emory hospital in the US, in their bid to treat infected patients.

Scientific American: Ebola Doctor Reveals How Infected Americans Were Cured: Techniques used in the U.S. to treat symptoms and subdue the virus in patients could work overseas, Bruce Ribner says on Aug 27, 2014 |By Dina Fine Maron

Last week two American aid workers who had contracted Ebola while working in west Africa were released from a U.S. hospital and pronounced “recovered.”

They had been flown to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta from Liberia earlier this month to receive care in the hospital’s specialized infectious disease unit. Kent Brantly, a physician with the humanitarian group Samaritan’s Purse, and missionary Nancy Writebol, of SIM USA, beat the strain of the disease they had contracted, which kills 52 percent of its victims.

Bruce Ribner, medical director of the hospital's Infectious Disease Unit, sat down with Scientific American to explain how the two Americans were cared for, the lessons that could be applied to help patients across Africa and why the hysteria over flying the two individuals back to the U.S. was unfounded.

What sort of lessons has Emory learned from caring for these two people that would be transferrable to patients in west Africa?

We are not being critical of our colleagues in west Africa. They suffer from a terrible lack of infrastructure and the sort of testing that everyone in our society takes for granted, such as the ability to do a complete blood count—measuring your red blood cells, your white blood cells and your platelets—which is done as part of any standard checkup here. The facility in Liberia where our two patients were didn’t even have this simple thing, which everyone assumes is done as part of your annual physical.

What we found in general is that among our Ebola patients, because of the amount of fluid they lost through diarrhea and vomiting, they had a lot of electrolyte abnormalities. And so replacing that with standard fluids [used in hospital settings] without monitoring, will not do a very good job of replacing things like sodium and potassium. In both of our patients we found those levels to be very low. One of the messages we will be sending back to our colleagues is even if you don’t have the equipment to measure these levels, do be aware this is occurring when patients are having a lot of body fluid loss.

Our two patients also gained an enormous amount of fluid in their tissues, what we call edema. In Ebola virus disease there is damage to the liver and the liver no longer makes sufficient amount of protein; the proteins in the blood are very low and there is an enormous amount of fluid leakage out into the tissues. So one of the takeaway messages is to pay closer attention to that and perhaps early on try to replace some of these proteins that patients’ livers lack.

Considering how limited resources are in some of these facilities, could health care workers really act on this information?

I think the world is becoming aware that issues like this are not going to go away. The developed countries of the world will have to do our part to assist our colleagues with less developed infrastructure to care for sick people. I think one of the messages that is going out from many sources is we really have to help countries such as the ones involved in this outbreak to develop their medical infrastructure. Hopefully in five years they will have this infrastructure.

You have said that you are helping to develop new Ebola care guidelines based on your experience. How will those be disseminated?

We have several articles that we have submitted to major medical journals, which are read overseas, where we will be pointing this out. We are working with several government agencies, including the U.S. State Department, to help them come up with lessons learned—guidelines which they will distribute in turn to other countries. It is our goal to help our colleagues overseas.

Alternatively, what lessons did you learn from those health care workers?

Mostly the clinical course of the patients—much like any physician sending a patient to a referral center. They admitted they knew they were kind of flying blind. They’d say, “this is what we observed, but we had no way to test it.”

The World Health Organization maintains that patients can continue to be infectious via their sexual fluids for several months after recovery.

What did you recommend to Brantly and Writebol?

There are data that go back several decades—over several outbreaks—that suggest when you have individuals that have recovered from Ebola virus infection they may still be shedding nuclear material [genetic material from the virus which could potentially help spread it] in semen in males and vaginal secretions in females and also, potentially in urine. People have done this by doing assays looking specifically at the nuclear material of the virus. There has been very little attempt to demonstrate if this is viable virus that these individuals are shedding. It’s important when looking at epidemiological investigations that no one has been able to show people shedding these nuclear materials as a source of infection after they are discharged.

Looking at Ebola survivors who were discharged and successfully resolved the infection, following up several months later and evaluating their family members, there has never been any evidence that family members became infected. A lot of the thinking now is this probably was not live and is not important in terms of control of infection. We did give both of our patients the standard recommendations, which are contained on the CDC [U.S. Centers for Disease Control] Web site—not having unprotected sex for three months.

How many doctors and nurses were on your team caring for these two Ebola patients?

Twenty-one nurses, five physicians and we had the support of hundreds. Just making sure all the disposables coming out of those rooms were sterilized before we put them on the federal highway system, for example—we had to certify to the contractor that takes our regulated medical waste that it didn’t have active Ebola virus inside it. We didn’t have the equipment to handle all of the waste but in two hours facilities brought in industrial autoclaves [which sterilize materials with extreme heat] to replace the system that we had. We would have been drowning in garbage without them.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ebola-doctor-reveals-how-infected-americans-were-cured/

Just imagine! shocked The hospital deployed 21 nurses and 5 doctors to take care of just two Americans!! Can you see why they were able to recover in record time?

Here, in Nigeria.... the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba, Lagos where EVD patients are kept, lacks even ordinary cleaners that can sanitize the wards where the patients are located and give them a conducive, hygienic environment that would boost their speedy recovery. Instead, patients are left to simmer in their own waste without adequate care and in unsafe, unsanitary conditions that promote the growth of secondary infections which could wipe them off, for good.

Yet, Lagos State government and its FMoH allies, go on air every other day to make noise about how well-prepared they are to tackle EVD.

.......I weep for this country! cry

2 Likes

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by laudate: 2:39am On Aug 31, 2014
Onilaiscool: If you suspect you have come in contact with someone who has Ebola, PLEASE NOTE: Running to your village will not save you! It will rather ensure that you die and that you kill your relatives too. If you develop Ebola disease while hiding from quarantine, your story will come out eventually. Without good care, Ebola will kill you painfully. The good news is, the handling of reported Ebola cases in Nigeria is excellent. Ebola fatality rates in Nigeria are the lowest in the world right now. You have a good chance of staying alive if you seek help from the right authorities. Call 0800-EBOLA-HELP (0800-326524357) now. Please share this with all your contacts on Facebook, Whatsapp and BBM

Where did you hear this slogan "The good news is, the handling of reported Ebola cases in Nigeria is excellent.?" Excellent, by whose standards? How much are you being paid, to recycle this hype?

Abeg, stop it. Just provide the info, and leave out the unnecessary exaggeration. angry

Those infected with EVD are packed into the Infectious Disease Hospital in yaba, Lagos and left to their own devices. Haven't you read Dennis Akagha's story of how his late fiancee was abandoned in her own vomit and wastes, without adequate care? angry

Please, just as you are advertising the helplines here, kindly apply pressure on the authorities to step up the level of care given to Ebola patients! undecided

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by tpia1: 3:19am On Aug 31, 2014
most of the story sounds rather similar to sawyer's own though, the little we know of it.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by ozege62: 5:50am On Aug 31, 2014
[s][/s]
Billygee2u: you see how greed,love of money and selfishness,caused Mr.Enemuo his life ,even yet to sweep his entire family if adequate care is not taken ?
I hope the hotel where he was treating the diplomat has been shut down and all staff under observation
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by liongirl: 5:55am On Aug 31, 2014
priscaoge:
Even @ that she should have stayed under surveillance,Y will she want to infect others?
pls someone tell me why didnt the doc treat himself
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 31, 2014
:oOMG got this information about the olu-ibukun man.ladies BEWARE always try and keep your legs closed.

Quoting from the source.
“I know Koye Olu-ibukun and he works for Ecowas Abuja. I don't know if he has been transferred or not,went to check my facebook contact but couldn't access his page.If it's truly him the government should pls say because I know him as a womanizer then,he dated a friend's friend and I remember how they use to talk about him sleeping with all his gf's friend. It is well sha".
Heaven helps those who help themselves
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 31, 2014
Why are nigerian hospitals even private ones trying to cause an EVD outbreak.this is another story I read which is very upsetting .

“AnonymousAugust 30, 2014 at 5:18 AM
Well I am sure u must be tired of getting mails about this Ebola especially from people in ph. Honestly we are so scared here in ph because ph is one small city but quite populated.
I will like to share an issue with u which I ought to have done long before, I just didn't want to raise alarm.
Early this month I went for my monthly appointment with my physician at a popular private hospital in ph and to my utmost dismay it was business as usual. All the health care givers carried on as if the ebola thing was happening in another planet. The nurses checked vital signs with their bare hands. I complained and people around me where giving me the yimu sign.
When I went in to see the consultant I shared my fears with him and he only wondered with me. He complained of thier I dont care attitude in most private hospitals in ph.
He noted that with the ebola awareness in lag that people may start sneaking into cities like ph for treatment.
At a point he told me that to be honest with me that when ebola finally comes knocking it will be more disastrous than the lagos issue. He then went on to tell me about an encounter he had that week with a doctor friend somewhere in ph who invited him to consult as usual in a private clinic. According to him when he got there he went straight to the sick patient. To cut long story short he was informed by a nurse that the sick patient he came to attend to was an ECOWAS envoy who took ill. Without asking questions he went back to his doctor friend and confronted him for endangering his(the consultant's) life.
The doctor tried to convince him to attend to the patient but he refused and left the hospital. When he saw the look on my face he said he wasn't sure d ECOWAS envoy was an ebola patient but one thing he knows for sure is that when ebola comes to ph it will be terrible.
Now it has finally announced its arrival I just hope the govt will not play politics with our lives. They should send out all the necessary info we need.
They should as a matter of urgency call off the political whatever billed to hold tomorrow at liberation stadium.

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by justi4jesu(f): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2014
From Information gathered, the Doctor may not have known that the patient he treated in the Hotel was an ebola, patient, if not he would not

have treated him without protection and he would not have taken it to his wife and 3 month old son, most importantly, he would have told the

doctors treating him about the possibility that he had a contact with an Ebola victim. The doctors treating should have observed the symptoms

and suspected, but of course, they also missed the opportunity of sparing us the misery by failing to notice, in their bid to treat him, they did

their abracadabra and though he was a cardio case. The blame is fully on the Health minister and the Rivers state commissioner of health for

not being pro-active in protecting the people of Rivers state. They knew the Diplomat came to PH, nobody mentioned it in the news, they did

not also for the diplomat to tell them where he went to in PH and who he contacted. They should also have made this information public so

everybody would have be more careful. The last point is, why did they take the dead doctor to put in the UPTH mortuary, why were the

mortuary attendants still working without protection? how many dead bodies have been taken out of the UPTH mortuary since after the dead

body of the doctor was deposited? and why have they not started checking people's temperature at the PH international Airport

I Put the lives of my family and freinds in the Hands of God.....Biko Spare their lives cry cry

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by delishpot: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2014
Akdegreat: SHE NEEDS A DIRTY SLAP FIRST. angry

Ha ha, we vote you to help us slap her. PS without gloves.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by priscaoge(f): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2014
liongirl: pls someone tell me why didnt the doc treat himself
Don't mind d greedy manundecided

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by simdam500(m): 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Not fair... Dia is God o

CityNG: She should have been shot on sight.

There needs to be a severe repercussion to those that bolt and unnecessarily expose the community.

"One life for twenty".
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by magicalkid: 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
mindtricks:
\

You better stop this rubbish!!!

it is None of ur Business.
AS U CAN SEE. AM ADVERTISING
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Hegeria: 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sure fire way to check mate Ebola virus. Get a copy of Dr. Oyedepo's Miracle Meal and read it until you digest it. Take communion everyday and let's see which virus will kill you. God has used it to deliver many form HIV and cancer. Ebola is small. Have faith in God. All 200 people in PH quarantine should be given a copy of the Healing Balm to read and listen to healing messages non stop. Whether headache or ebola, it's all the same to Jesus. By His stripes we are healed. God is not afraid of ebola and neither should His children be.

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by nora544: 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hegeria: Sure fire way to check mate Ebola virus. Get a copy of Dr. Oyedepo's Miracle Meal and read it until you digest it. Take communion everyday and let's see which virus will kill you. God has used it to deliver many form HIV and cancer. Ebola is small. Have faith in God. All 200 people in PH quarantine should be given a copy of the Healing Balm to read and listen to healing messages non stop. Whether headache or ebola, it's all the same to Jesus. By His stripes we are healed. God is not afraid of ebola and neither should His children be.

Please stop to write this, why he didnot fly to Liberia, to Gambia, why he didnot show what he can in Nigeria

He is only a businessman and not a man from God.

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Tarenaija(m): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
[quote author=rdokoye]This report is a load of rubbish, because the government doesn’t quarantine all second and third hand contacts with the index case. What they do is place them under surveillance, then tell them to contact them once they become symptomatic.

SAD
. undecided
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Tarenaija(m): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
rdokoye: This report is a load of rubbish, because the government doesn’t quarantine all second and third hand contacts with the index case. What they do is place them under surveillance, then tell them to contact them once they become symptomatic.

Individuals that are symptomatic are quarantined and treated, until their body either fights the virus off, or it gives up.
hmm
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by hope2007(f): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2014
Thank God the Federal Government sacked all resident doctors in Nigeria. if not Dr Enemuo's wife who is a resident doctor would have been treating so many patients from all walks of life. One can only imagine how many people she could have infected with the EVD. Dr Enemuo took a great risk. I don't know why a doctor who hasnt ever seen an Ebola patient before in his life, decided to endanger his life, that of his family and the general public at large by accepting to treat a patient in secret. How much was he paid to have made him overlook so many dangers involved in EVD treatment. Our greediness knows no bound.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by justi4jesu(f): 7:05am On Sep 01, 2014
hope2007: Thank God the Federal Government sacked all resident doctors in Nigeria. if not Dr Enemuo's wife who is a resident doctor would have been treating so many patients from all walks of life. One can only imagine how many people she could have infected with the EVD. Dr Enemuo took a great risk. I don't know why a doctor who hasnt ever seen an Ebola patient before in his life, decided to endanger his life, that of his family and the general public at large by accepting to treat a patient in secret. How much was he paid to have made him overlook so many dangers involved in EVD treatment. Our greediness knows no bound.

Well said, Am sure the diplomat must have offered him a mouth watering amount for him to be stupid enough to endanger his previous life with that of his Family.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Igoez: 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello house, please does anyone have an idea of people that import or supply medical product named underlay (divine care)? I'll really appreciate if i can get some info. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. / Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos / COVID-19: Our Hospitals Are Stretched, U.S Tells Citizens Leaving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.