Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos (31594 Views)

Illegal Immigrants From Niger Caught With Nigerian Voter Cards / Lesotho Pull Out Of AYC Qualifier Against Nigeria Over Ebola outbreak / Pictures From Dr. Saraki's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Are they recent immigrants or some nosy neighbor is just snitching on people for no reason

7 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by MrMcJay(m): 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
kaorama, yu dey craze?
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by tonjeola(m): 7:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
nawa o, so this people wan use force spread this virus for naija, na so God go dey catch them
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by brownlord: 7:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
maxism2: Lagos-At least 39 foreign nationals were ,yesterday, arrested by Police and Immigration officers in two hotels on Lagos Island. It was gathered that they were arrested following a tip-off by some residents of the area over fears of the spread of Ebola virus disease.

Upon receiving the report, the Area Commander, Imohimi Edgal, an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Area A Command, Lion Building, contacted Immigration and Health officials who stormed Benin Hotel and an unnamed guest house, situated on Atere street and effected the arrest of the foreigners, 35 of whom are citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo, while the rest are Sierra Leoneian nationals.

A police source said the Immigration officials will determine if the suspects are legally residing in the country while the Health officials will determine their health status. He also added that all the hotels in the area have been placed under surveillance.

It will be recalled that six (6) people have died from the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in the country. The total number of reported cases is fifteen(15) after the Liberian-American Patrick Sawyer flew into the country with the virus on July 20th and was admitted into a Lagos hospital.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-outbreak-39-immigrants-congo-senegal-arrested-lagos/

Thank God for Ebola, 9ja police calling immigration to go do arrest, before now they do the work of immigration, custom, road safety. Vio, efcc, CIA and FBI just to get egunje, Dem don see wetin pass "bail is free" na immigration dem come abandon arrest for

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Afrok(m): 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
I just hope and pray they'll all test negative to Ebola, if not, I'll be amazed may be the dead Patrick Sawyer has sent more of his fellow health terrorists to Nigeria from hell.

Wetin dem dey find for Nigeria sef? Employment? Steady power? Good education or health system? Security? Just name it. They should just leave Nigeria and Nigerians alone,make we dey enjoy our garri without the fear of shaking hands and avoiding contacts again.

8 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by bennygreat1(m): 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
Nigeria!!! This is a good One!!! We need to be more cautious of everybody that's strange in this Land.
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by dytbabe: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
How did they get in?
Question for the gods abi?
Smh

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
maxit2: I was there this morning when this happened. I have pictures of the Congolese guys.
BUT I won't post the pictures unless you give me 100 likes.

The above is an example of Chronic stupidity syndrome

14 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
tinuolababy: Mehn. We should stop broadcasting d number of survivors of this virus o. He be like say na the news make dem come

my sister your head dey there. if we stop the broadcast, this ppl will stop coming

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by phreakabit(m): 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
I tire oh! Why them these guys no wan stay their own na?
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by foliman(m): 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
BlackPeni5: Porous Nigerian borders
very porous indeed angry angry angry
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by oluwafemi113(m): 7:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
Nice responds
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by UrbanMystique: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
o2k: Some folks in africa would be thinking Lagos is New york city
yeah same way you are thinking new York is paradise..

It is how it is

9 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
kaorama: With all the challenges Nigerians are bringing upon Nigeria, the country remains the hope of Africa. If only APC will have a change of heart and refrain from voilence, Nigeria is a good place.
. Guy u are so stupid and your typed words says it all. Damn!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Why are our borders still open?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Omomehn: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Wisdomkosi: see one of them
unquote me joor. i reserved that spot cos i had something meaningful to say. i didnt want folks like u to occupy fp with ur rather provoking jokes on sensitive issues like this. if u are not what i presumed u are, edit ur post and make a thought provoking comment
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Rooneyboy(m): 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
maxit2: I was there this morning when this happened. I have pictures of the Congolese guys.
BUT I won't post the pictures unless you give me 100 likes.

guy, u are free to put all the pix u snapped in ur ass, u are getting no like.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by lilprinze: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Wisdomkosi: I don catch you today. One year ban
lol Haba 1 year to much now
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by eunisam: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
wahala dey o
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by nijanigga: 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
kaorama: With all the challenges Nigerians are bringing upon Nigeria, the country remains the hope of Africa. If only APC will have a change of heart and refrain from voilence, Nigeria is a good place.
I can't believe that there is a human being thinking like this. Very Appalling. What does APC have to do in this?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by mike404(m): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tolexander: na we go first help ourselves!
ALHAJI TOLEX I SURPRISE SAY YOU NO USE YOUR LEFT YANCH REASON TODAY
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by o2k(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
UrbanMystique: yeah same way you are thinking new York is paradise..

It is how it is
There is only one place i call paradise and its certainly no NYC
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by IBRODDO: 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
whether we believe it or not, the disease Ebola would not come upon human beings if we obey the word of God not to eat certain creatures. It is said Bats infected apples Monkeys eat. Why would we be eating this unclean creatures in the first place. I came across this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by esteltiarra: 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
How come they where able to sneak into the country, why not arrest them at the border, l hope none of them is infected because that will be suicidal to the general populace...... embarassed
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by pearl360(f): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
I thought our borders were closed

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by breathless(m): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
Biological terrorist on the loose.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Missonas(f): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pros and cons of Ebola.But for what's on ground now I'm sure they would have gone unnoticed and the people would have gone about their normal businesses unconcerned #allhandsondeck #ebolamustgo
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by priscaoge(f): 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
They have come again abi We haven't recovered from what d Liberian man caused in this country. They should be screened thoroughly n if founded infected with Ebola #KillThemAll

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
This pple jxt want to kill us all...Nigerian govt re d main problem....hw did they get into lagos in d 1st place?? Nawa oo,dis tin go escalate d way its goin shaa but I reject it in d Lord's Name!! Some of dem go difinitely don come in contact with d virus....Lagosians,u guys av to be careful oo....hmmm

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by anytexy: 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hmmmm. Odi kwa very very risky ooooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by iceberylin(m): 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Nigerian Border porus like a pr0stitutes Pus5y since 1960 grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by UrbanMystique: 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
o2k:
There is only one place i call paradise and its certainly no NYC
if new York isn't so great in your book, then you won't compare lagos with new York ..

To lagosians, nothing special about lagos, but special to those outside. To new Yonkers, new York is just another sky scrapper city with Manhattan and slums while to you outside, it is a special city.

It is what it is. It is what nolly wood, Hollywood has planted into people.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Maiduguri Youths Show Their Voters Cards As They Welcome President Buhari / Name Your Presidential Candidate And Give Us Three Reasons We Should Vote Him / APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.