Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos (31596 Views)

Illegal Immigrants From Niger Caught With Nigerian Voter Cards / Lesotho Pull Out Of AYC Qualifier Against Nigeria Over Ebola outbreak / Pictures From Dr. Saraki's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
FG should send them to Kirikiri direct. It serves as lesson to other that are planning evil against giant of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by tonididdy(m): 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
I tot all flights and borders were sealed...so now wtf?

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by HONNESSTY(m): 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
What do you expect from a country that has the most porous border, the most corrupts immigration and custom officials, the whole system in nigeria has failed.Its needs robust approach. Sincerely nigeria is in a total state of anarchy, things are going from bad to worse. Am sorry to say this with due respect to mr president(GEJ) you have tried but your advisers are a total failure, they are nothing but a very corrupt and selfish fellows. I know people may castigate me for saying this but is the truth GEJ is a failure because people advicing him have failed. So if the system is bad the president should be held responsible

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Brush1: 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
kaorama: With all the challenges Nigerians are bringing upon Nigeria, the country remains the hope of Africa. If only APC will have a change of heart and refrain from voilence, Nigeria is a good place.

What are we saying and what are you saying??
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by kingmoses1: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
THANK GOD, PLEASE SEND THEM TO BOKO HARAM CAMP.
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Shollay20(m): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by kingmoses1: 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
Thank GOD , Please send them to boko haram camp.
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Brush1: 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
This event has just established that our border security is dysfunctional. Authorities at the border sleeping or what? this has been my fear.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by davidif: 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ozonna:

My brother this is not terrorism. This is Ebola wey no get cure.

I know but you can't just arrest someone because of their country of origin. That's just straight awful. What if America and England started arresting Nigerians in America simply because they come from a country that experienced the Ebola outbreak?
I remember when Nairalanders where mad that Donald Trump proposed canceling all flights from West Africa during the height of the outbreak yet Naija is doing pretty much worse than that. Arresting someone based on nationality. How awful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
Yungwizzzy: If the government show this much concern they're
showing on Ebola on bokoharam and unemployment, US citizens will lobby for naija visa!!

1million likes

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by kingmoses1: 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by neyur: 10:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
maxit2: I was there this morning when this happened. I have pictures of the Congolese guys.
BUT I won't post the pictures unless you give me 100 likes.

save ur mb
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by CyberWolf: 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
I don't really know why the border is still open for all this wicked people angry angry sad
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Litmus: 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
angry
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Litmus: 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2014

davidif

I know but you can't just arrest someone because of their country of origin. That's just straight awful. What if America and England started arresting Nigerians in America simply because they come from a country that experienced the Ebola outbreak?
I remember when Nairalanders where mad that Donald Trump proposed canceling all flights from West Africa during the height of the outbreak yet Naija is doing pretty much worse than that. Arresting someone based on nationality. How awful.

Nigerians are said to be treated far worst in other nations than Nigerians ever treated foreigners. Arn't Nigerians the ones said to be thrown regularly out of Chinese windows; attacked and murdered in South Africa, Ghana and Guinea; paraded all over the you-tube by Malaysians; killed in India and their business closed down? Worst, Africans celebrate the maltreatment of Nigerians. It doesn't bare thinking what might have happened to Nigerians in South Africa, for instance, if a Nigerian had turned up in their country and peed Ebola deliberately on their doctors.

Right now in Senegal it was on the news that the authorities there are nervous how the Senegalese people might react against the Guinea community. Nigerian authorities need never worry that Nigerians harm any foreigner . Nigerians are the kindest people in Africa, that's a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
maxism2:
Lagos-At least 39 foreign nationals were ,yesterday, arrested by Police and Immigration officers in two hotels on Lagos Island. It was gathered that they were arrested following a tip-off by some residents of the area over fears of the spread of Ebola virus disease...
The reasons for the influx is not far-fetched. Nigerian christian "pastorpreneurs" e.g Pastor Ituah Ighodalo and Pastor T.B Joshua claims that they have the anointing to cure ebola. The Pastor advocates the laying on of hands. He believes that by touching the sick, he could rid them of the disease.
Human instinct tends toward self-preservation; once a people contacted the disease they instinctively heads toward Lagos, Nigeria for miraculous solution to stay alive.
Simply put's our MIRACLE CHURCHES are the magnet for the ebola victim.

They won't stop coming until they all retracts their claim.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/07/31/nigerian-official-warns-pastors-and-healers-to-stop-making-false-ebola-cure-claims/
http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/07/29/pastor-ituah-ighodalo-defends-his-solution-to-ebola-facebook-post-sparking-outrage/
http://joemygod..com/2014/08/nigeria-multimillionaire-pastor-sends.html
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
showing on Ebola on bokoharam and unemployment, US citizens will lobby for naija visa!!
Bokoharam and Ebola are the two events that will change Nigerian Government towards being better !!

Imagine 39 arrested if not for Ebola , Immigration and police wouldn't have care , Na to find time bang the girls police go dey look for !
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Onegai(f): 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
Wow.

So instead of Health and Immigration workers, with policemen, to calmly approach the hotels, and ask for inspection of their travel documents (to ascertain how long they've been in the country (longer than 42 days and none of them fell ill, they're fine) and take them to LUTH for testing, NO, Nigerians arrested them. Imagine if one was actually sick, then he would take the virus to our prisons (which are dirty, overcrowded and worse, no-one will rush a sick prisoner to the hospital in Nigeria unless he's very rich, talkless of a sick, poor foreigner). Now, you may certainly not care if prisoners fall ill, but imagine if one is released after being in contact with a sick person, enters public transport. Or the wardens in charge of the prisons and the prison workers, falling ill after being exposed. Or do you someone believe in Kirikiri, they are giving them bleach and hand sanitiser to disinfect themselves?

People will die from stupi.dity rather than the virus in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by davidif: 10:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Litmus:

Nigerians are said to be treated far worst in other nations than Nigerians ever treated foreigners. Arn't Nigerians the ones said to be thrown regularly out of Chinese windows; attacked and murdered in South Africa, Ghana and Guinea; paraded all over the you-tube by Malaysians; killed in India and their business closed down? Worst, Africans celebrate the maltreatment of Nigerians. It doesn't bare thinking what might have happened to Nigerians in South Africa, for instance, if a Nigerian had turned up in their country and peed Ebola deliberately on their doctors.

So because other countries mistreat Nigerians, Nigerians should now retaliate? How childish is that? They did it to us so we must do it other people. What kind of reasoning is that? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Nigerian authorities need never worry that Nigerians harm any foreigner . Nigerians are the kindest people in Africa, that's a fact.

Please can you show me the statistics to back up that statement. While you are at it, please tell me who conducted that study.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
am So angry right now....I don't want a ban So am not going to say it right here but on www.pakogirl..com
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
you added unemployment by mistake or you meant such energy as expended on boko haram and evd on unemployment?
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by gistmelove(m): 11:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
maxit2: I was there this morning when this happened. I have pictures of the Congolese guys.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 31, 2014
JonBee1:
The reasons for the influx is not far-fetched. Nigerian christian "pastorpreneurs" e.g Pastor Ituah Ighodalo and Pastor T.B Joshua claims that they have the anointing to cure ebola. The Pastor advocates the laying on of hands. He believes that by touching the sick, he could rid them of the disease.
Human instinct tends toward self-preservation; once a people contacted the disease they instinctively heads toward Lagos, Nigeria for miraculous solution to stay alive.
Simply put's our MIRACLE CHURCHES are the magnet for the ebola victim.

They won't stop coming until they all retracts their claim.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/07/31/nigerian-official-warns-pastors-and-healers-to-stop-making-false-ebola-cure-claims/
http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/07/29/pastor-ituah-ighodalo-defends-his-solution-to-ebola-facebook-post-sparking-outrage/
http://joemygod..com/2014/08/nigeria-multimillionaire-pastor-sends.html

The truth is bitter!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by 360command: 12:49am On Aug 31, 2014
davidif:

So because other countries mistreat Nigerians, Nigerians should now retaliate? How childish is that? They did it to us so we must do it other people. What kind of reasoning is that? Two wrongs don't make a right..
I condemn the approach been used by our agency on the foreigners but sometimes you need to take the bull by the horn. How would you take it if people keeps playing bully against you? I remembered when UK govt sanctioned iran because dey were doing or planning to do nuclear bomb. because of the sanctions,iranian students destroyed the UK embassy in tehran, the Uk govt responded by closing down iranian embassy in london. Bro, its good to retaliate to serve a warning to others.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by NellyGhenghen(m): 1:10am On Aug 31, 2014
deeobserver209: We must however thread with caution. Arresting foreigners indiscriminately will send a wrong signal to our other African brothers. Ebola must not make us appear xenophobic to the international community.

Pay back is a beeeetch ! angry
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by donodion(m): 2:21am On Aug 31, 2014
davidif:

I was also shocked at what I saw Nigerians posting here.Tribalistic yes,but XENOPHOBIC!!! SHOCKING I swear.

And what if they turn out to be negative to the Ebola virus? why dish out to others the very things we cant accept? why the stigmatisation of these nationals?

If late sawyer had not travelled to Lagos,the so called " we are on top of the situation" would not have been exposed.

Yours truly there are moments one is ashamed to be known as a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by ritalori2(f): 2:39am On Aug 31, 2014
donigspain:
cheesy
donigspain:
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Tundeiab(m): 3:32am On Aug 31, 2014
Yeye dey smell...keep your pictures, Biko!

Small pikin... grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Okudiover(m): 3:36am On Aug 31, 2014
tongue tongue tongue tongue Them run come because Naija na Giant of Africa wen border dey porous enough to enable you enter Ikotun in 3 hours (plus go-slow) to see Oga Joshua.
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by EbolaParasite: 4:14am On Aug 31, 2014
HONNESSTY: What do you expect from a country that has the most porous border, the most corrupts immigration and custom officials, the whole system in nigeria has failed.Its needs robust approach. Sincerely nigeria is in a total state of anarchy, things are going from bad to worse. Am sorry to say this with due respect to mr president(GEJ) you have tried but your advisers are a total failure, they are nothing but a very corrupt and selfish fellows. I know people may castigate me for saying this but is the truth GEJ is a failure because people advicing him have failed. So if the system is bad the president should be held responsible

Abeg go siddon. The number 1 country in the world also has porous borders so what are you on about. Thousands of mexicans and other immigrants trooo into Arizona, Texas, and California daily. Park well abeg

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by maxit2(m): 4:34am On Aug 31, 2014
ebdib:

The above is an example of Chronic stupidity syndrome

Aka CSS.
Thanks buddy. You make sense.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by maxit2(m): 4:41am On Aug 31, 2014
Nobleval: if you get 15 make I die tongue

You don die ?
Got 15 already..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Titilayo Laoye-Tomori Visits Isiaka Adeleke's Family (Photos) / I Had Jets Before Becoming Governor – Okorocha / El-Rufai Posed With His Students In ABU Zaria (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.