Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos (31595 Views)

Illegal Immigrants From Niger Caught With Nigerian Voter Cards / Lesotho Pull Out Of AYC Qualifier Against Nigeria Over Ebola outbreak / Pictures From Dr. Saraki's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Ekundayo7: 5:42am On Aug 31, 2014
Yomieluv: These foreigners are hell bent on destroying Nigeria.

Can't explain the sudden influx to Nigeria,as if Nigeria is a sort of Mecca for the cure.

They should sit their azz at their home country.
The "sudden influx" is mass chaos, famine and rioting. Just take a look at the news. This is the tip of the iceberg. If Nigeria does not step up her game, ebola is going to ravage this country. Leave it to Nigerian "officials" to drop the ball at this crucial moment when ebola is spiraling out of control in Liberia and neighboring countries and popping up in new countries (Senegal, DR Congo). My advice is be prepared with sufficient water and tinned food stores etc, to last several months. It is better to be prepared for the worst than suffer. My prayers are with those poor people isolated inside entire communities where the disease is out of control. Even there, people are bribing their way out to escape death. This is a disaster of epic scale.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Ekundayo7: 5:51am On Aug 31, 2014
davidif:

I know but you can't just arrest someone because of their country of origin. That's just straight awful. What if America and England started arresting Nigerians in America simply because they come from a country that experienced the Ebola outbreak?
I remember when Nairalanders where mad that Donald Trump proposed canceling all flights from West Africa during the height of the outbreak yet Naija is doing pretty much worse than that. Arresting someone based on nationality. How awful.
Liberia is not even allowing sailors to debark ship at any ports along their coast, that should give you an idea that Liberia is currently a total chaotic mess. The borders are "supposed" to be sealed, we know that money talks and anyone with cash is going to try their damndest to get the hell out of the hot zone. These people do need to be at least detained and tested, quarantined if need be. Liberia closed almost ALL borders save major airports where supposedly they have health "measures" in place for testing. We know how those "measures" went with Devil Sawyer, right? Ivory Coast has officially closed its borders. Nigeria? Well, if you flash cash anywhere along the line we know you will be granted entrance.smh...
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by DeoGratias1(m): 6:09am On Aug 31, 2014
Mehn this foreigners should leave our country be and keep their ebola selves in their various counties
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Reality2015(m): 6:10am On Aug 31, 2014
Yungwizzzy: If the government show this much concern they're
showing on Ebola on bokoharam and unemployment, US citizens will lobby for naija visa!!

U knw Ebola will affect both rich and poor but BH / unemployment will only affect the poor.
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by talk2eta: 6:26am On Aug 31, 2014
maxit2: I was there this morning when this happened. I have pictures of the Congolese guys.
BUT I won't post the pictures unless you give me 100 likes.
U want use the likes cook soup?
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by IbnuUche(m): 6:30am On Aug 31, 2014
pls federal or state ministry of health urgent deportation, all investigation /observation or quarantine as they profesional call it should be done in their country.
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by zurine(f): 6:33am On Aug 31, 2014
hmm
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by metorichmond(m): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2014
Patrick sawyer or Suya, u see wat ur 5mins visit as done to naija abi, God help us all.m
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 31, 2014
maxit2:

You don die ?
Got 15 already..
lol,..let me unlike that post tongue
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 31, 2014
Tolexander: na we go first help ourselves!

Ma bruva thank you. God still never recover from ManU loss yesterday. How e wan deal with Ebola
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Abraham2013(m): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Well if any of dem test positive, dey should shot dead @ d spot cos dey are biological terrorist.
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Octaves(m): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
Who allowed them in in the first place? Nonsense!
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 3:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
maxit2: I was there this morning when this happened. I have pictures of the Congolese guys.
BUT I won't post the pictures unless you give me 100 likes.
go hug them and snap.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by maxit2(m): 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nicepoker: go hug them and snap.
Hi just incase you are wondering. I am the person that gave you the ONE like.. lol
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by item1: 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Maybe the air we breath in 9ja contains an anti-EBOLA.
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by willorie(f): 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
Claroo:
Wetin concern APC 4d matter,did u read d news at all undecided

I tire ooo undecided
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yungwizzzy: If the government show this much concern they're
showing on Ebola on bokoharam and unemployment, US citizens will lobby for naija visa!!
This's because they're sure they and their close relatives can't be victims of Boko Haram and unemployment, while it's not the case with Ebola
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Litmus: 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ekundayo7:
The "sudden influx" is mass chaos, famine and rioting. Just take a look at the news. This is the tip of the iceberg. If Nigeria does not step up her game, ebola is going to ravage this country. Leave it to Nigerian "officials" to drop the ball at this crucial moment when ebola is spiraling out of control in Liberia and neighboring countries and popping up in new countries (Senegal, DR Congo). My advice is be prepared with sufficient water and tinned food stores etc, to last several months. It is better to be prepared for the worst than suffer. My prayers are with those poor people isolated inside entire communities where the disease is out of control. Even there, people are bribing their way out to escape death. This is a disaster of epic scale.

Worth reading again.
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by halfcurrent(m): 12:11am On Sep 01, 2014
tinuolababy: Mehn. We should stop broadcasting d number of survivors of this virus o. He be like say na the news make dem come

My dear... You are right indeed. I have been saying this o.... this people will believe Nigeria now has the solution for ebola and will do every thing possible to find their way here
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Songitto(m): 3:34am On Sep 01, 2014
One day nigeria will Be greater than all nation, will be a country where the world will be struggle to visit... Believe and it shall come to pass..
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by dapsonlou(m): 3:42am On Sep 01, 2014
kaorama: With all the challenges Nigerians are bringing upon Nigeria, the country remains the hope of Africa. If only APC will have a change of heart and refrain from voilence, Nigeria is a good place.

Which APC Violence? Please don't be misinformed
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by EmtolalaaPRAISE(m): 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nicepoker: go hug them and snap.
Dont say I am heartless but I think they should be shot or all of them should be locked up in a room without food for 2months if they test positive for EVD. Coz I think this act by these foreigners is intentional n they wan2 destroy our country. Beisides, its draining us financially. ..
Re: Ebola Outbreak: 39 Immigrants From DR Congo, Sierra Leone Arrested In Lagos by Beync(f): 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
What is the update now? Have they been tested? And even if they test negative, that should not be enough. They should quarantine them till 21days to complete the incubation period or in fact packed them back in a very big liberia must go bag and send them back. Sorry congo must go bag

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts / Residents Flee Numan, Adamawa Over Soldiers & Fulani Clash (Photos) / 2019: Maiduguri Youths Show Their Voters Cards As They Welcome President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.