Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? (14739 Views)

Photo: That Moment You Heard That Dangote Is Ur Biological Father. / The Biological Mother of President Goodluck Jonathan's Children / What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? by SenatorJames(m): 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
Maybe he copied this tautology from madam Jonathan
temigracie: ...lol...you ll kill yourself and run away....ROTF
I will rather kill myself than commit suicide.

@topic. Someone must born someone, nobody existed from laboratory experiment, so life goes on. Does that disturb me from making it in life?
Re: What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? by Aarenga(m): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
eleojo23: It is already confirmed that the parents I've known all my life are my real parents.
But let me share someone's story that I read online. This story is not mine

I grew up in a warm and welcoming loving family with 2 older sisters. From a very early age, around 7, I had an instinct that perhaps my father was not my biological father; it's a bit weird but there must be some sort of sixth sense in us all, I can't describe it helps us identifies our parents instinctively. As I grew up I continued noticing very slight differences in my body,I realized that I was slightly darker colored than my sisters but I kept it to myself. My sisters were very loving and I forgot about these odd instincts in my childhood until I was in highschool.

One day I was reading a newspaper that mentioned how parents tend to fight with their parents because they have similar personalities; it was a bit strange for me because my dad and I never had arguments but my sisters always fought with my parents. However I brushed off the strange feeling since I grew with my parents and they had not mention anything. There were notable physical differences at my age , with my parents: I was much taller and had different physical characteristics than my dad; I do look like my mother a lot though.
One day I had to renew my passport but I needed to find my type of blood RH(its a requirement to fill). I went to the Doctor to find out my blood type and I got an 'AB+' blood type. Just to give you a brief description of myself, I am a rather quiet but very curious guy so I got curious about my type of blood. Apparently its some kind of universal blood and it got me even more interested in reading about it. Out of curiosity I asked my parents what kind of blood they had and they both said 'A+'. Then I don't know if it was destiny or something but I continued reading in wikipedia about blood types and I found out that two 'A' bloodtypes cannot make an AB+ child.
I asked my mother about it and she denied the fact that my dad was not my biological father at first. Then later on in the day she told me bursting in tears that she did have an affair and that the man that I had known as my dad was not real biological father. I couldn't believe it at first and I cried a lot, but at the same time I felt that life had somehow given me hints to sort of accept this moment. My mother called a Doctor to verify if what I told her about the blood type incompatibility was right and the doctor said yes, I couldn't have been a product of 2 A+ blood types.

It has been a year since that moment and my mother told my dad (non-biodad) but he managed to forgive her.

About my biological dad, he has a family and I have not contacted him because I don't want to destroy his family. I don't know if there is anything worse than finding out (yes finding out because I literally found out by reading about blood types) that my childhood was all a lie. I felt a bit depressed during this last university semester but I am managing to overcome this situation that I wish no one else has to go through.

I feel this issue has helped me grown as a person and taught me about the importance of fidelity and marriage. No one would want their children to suffer as I have, so perhaps this testimony well help some people to be aware that being faithful to their partner is the right thing to do.

What a touching story!
Re: What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? by Shugajay(m): 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
Pdizzle:

Sure i will be shocked, and curious to know what my real parents look like, but after that nothing else.
Dats it!!! D shock..
Re: What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? by Pdizzle(m): 3:04am On Sep 05, 2014
Shugajay: Dats it!!! D shock..

So after the shock, what do you do
Re: What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
XO
Re: What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
Kinda relate to this situation...

My parents always had a joke that during my birth the doctor informed my mother that she has a son but after passing out, the doctor handed a baby girl, me.
I don't know if that's a joke but whenever I asked my mother about it she said that it is what she heard but she;s not showing any concerns that her baby was switched.
Until know I considered it as a family joke whenever someone pointed out that I don't resemble my parents and sibling.

I asked them regarding their blood type and my parents said that they are not sure but they think its Type O.
I had mine tested and I was Type B. shocked shocked sad
I was so shocked and super nervous after reading the result. As of now I was planning to have my parents tested for their blood type and I have no intention of discussing my plans for them..

Any comments, recommendations, hypothesis?

If I was really not the daughter, I'll find my parents do background checks but still life goes on with the family I have now.
Re: What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? by blackbliz: 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
PasD:
This just hit me now! I missed my mum so much that I started thinking this weird thought. She's shown me much love and care that I can't wait to pay her back! All of a sudden the thought just hit me 'what if ssomeone else out there is your real mother?'

I have heard stories about perfect couples who kept the secret of the true parents of their foster children from them!

What will you do if you wake up one morning only to realize that your parents are not your real parents?

Have you ever thought of that? Think about it..and tell us.

For me....I will kill myself and run away!
it not. New thing i am a living witness and i have not jumped i to the well,i am doing great and will do more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Who Waited For Many Years Before Welcoming Her Daughter, Shares testimony / When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway 2018 Awareness Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.