Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,047 members, 7,838,650 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo (10361 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by bioye(m): 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2008
Sky Blue:

Sorry to dissapoint you but i am not "out to get you" or out to "get" anyone that holds a view contrary to mine. I don't see how i twisted your words, I just thought the reasons given as a possible defence for Bankole were weak and flimsy when a more to the point one like you just gave could have sufficed. I was aware of the fact that the budget was signed by the house etc, etc as somebody candidly pointed out earlier on in the thread, that was a debate and I saw this as a possible rebuff. However, to come back with defence like "people are out to get Bankole" just seemed to me to be completely unecessary and shifting the whole issue. What is so difficult with rebuffing claims? And when the lawyer the article refers to went to the house of assembly why were explanations not given?

He was invited by the house i might add, the effort was made, and all for what? Just so that he could be shown by the house members that they are immune to redress and too exalted to be questioned? What was the point of inviting the lawyer and taking time out to see him (while all of this was apparently aired of course), if it was simply about using the opportunity to do big manism and ask "who are you"? It is disgusting, foolish and irresponsible and a waste of time. What is the difficulty "appointed" leaders have with answering questions and being accountable to the people they should be accountable to? And as it seems apparent on this thread some people are also guilty of thesame. Making the issue about feuds and what not as opposed to the factual information available and presented.

I am as well aware of the drama that prevailed at the hearing held by the Ethics and Privileges Committee of the House and must say I was terribly disappointed by the way things went. I remember the chairman of the committee repeatedly cautioned the committee members and he particularly addressed the lawyer in a rather civilised manner. I have to admit that it is sad that some members of the House still cannot communicate based on facts but rather will resort to gangster behaviour. But that's by the way.

That being sad, you cannot rule out my effort in trying to bring to light[b] the possible reasons why all these allegations are coming to light now and the people behind[/b] the expose. I believe in prudence in the management of public funds, but I'm surprised Nigerians will scream at these news when the purchase of convoy vehicles is the order of the day for the Presidency, State Governors, Senate President, Ministers, Commissioners, State Speakers to mention a few!

Yes, we can eradicate corruption. But it cannot be championed overnight single-handedly by the Speaker if the other 359 members don't share his enthusiasm.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by lammie01: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2008
@pepperspray

Pls this issue should not be reduced to a mere tribalistic issue.

Except we have a real true sincere revolution there would never be an end to these senseless stealing. If Bankole gets impeached today, the next speaker would do the same it is just a damn viscious cycle. God help us!!!!

Revolution All the way!!! These bastards should enjoy thier loot in thier graves or get thier hands chopped off!!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2008
bioye:

I am as well aware of the drama that prevailed at the hearing held by the Ethics and Privileges Committee of the House and must say I was terribly disappointed by the way things went. I remember the chairman of the committee repeatedly cautioned the committee members and he particularly addressed the lawyer in a rather civilised manner. I have to admit that it is sad that some members of the House still cannot communicate based on facts but rather will resort to gangster behaviour. But that's by the way.

That being sad, you cannot rule out my effort in trying to bring to light[b] the possible reasons why all these allegations are coming to light now and the people behind[/b] the expose. I believe in prudence in the management of public funds, but I'm surprised Nigerians will scream at these news when the purchase of convoy vehicles is the order of the day for the Presidency, State Governors, Senate President, Ministers, Commissioners, State Speakers to mention a few!

Yes, we can eradicate corruption. But it cannot be championed overnight single-handedly by the Speaker if the other 359 members don't share his enthusiasm.

I agree with you on the last statement, but you do have to admit that this is not about what partains with state governments, ministers etc. The main issue is wether the fact that inspite of the cars costing so and so, there were questionable practises involved i.e. inflation of contracts, double VAT, paying for more expensive models while what was actually received was a cheaper version and hence wasn't what was paid for. In an essence, fiscal responsibility. It is afterall Nigerians that are paying for this lifestyle. It is not even about the obscene oppulence and spleandour that Nigerians pay the speakers and members for while the ordinary man suffers untold hardship, but wether even with all this oppulence there was fiscal irresponsibility, questionable practices and to coin a phrase "no due process" involved. The issue is corruption after all, isn't it? So should the eye be turned and all ignored because the spotlight is not on the state and federal ministries?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by daby(f): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2008
@ Peperspray,

Its quite unfortunate that we tend to attribute every event in nigeria to tribalism.
Eventhough its no news the acts of IBB, Abubakar and their like, is that enough reason for the stealing to continue expecially by pple like Bankole who every youth in nigeria looked up to as a new breed in the nigerian political scene.
by the way, why is OBJ's name missing in your list or is he rather a saint to you.

You know every one of us complains about all these leaders, the fact remains that from the way most of us sound, we are no different from these ones. Imagine your own ways peperspary.
i bet u wont be differnet from them if you ever have the oppurtunity of being ther ursef. hope ur not bankole's relative because to me you sound as if u have a percentage in the loot.

@Disguy,
Did I hear u say ICPC, where have u heard of ICPC convicting any of these political theives even in the presencce of a huge evidence against them. Hum, perhaps EFCC should even join them.

@ Vikiviko,
Good point. we await the Nigerian Tsumani because except it happens, I bet u Nigeria is doomed.

Even if Bankole is proved Innocent, What do u guys make of 114.054 nigerain currency not cedi as daily food allowance for these so called reps. Du u know how much that is in a month, I suggest u consult ur calculator.
Yet all of them see nothing wrong with it.

In this Nigeria where Graduates beg for 10-20k jobs per month and yet the jobs are not there.
In this Nigeria where many go through a whole day without a square meal?
In this Nigeria where many sleep under the bridge and many children are out of school?
In this same Nigeria and yet these pple are assumed to be representing the populace.

Nigeria is nothing but Madness, Pure Madness. Whoever has hope should encourage me because I ve lost the little I had left.

If there is anything like hope for Nigeria, The answer is sincere repentance from the bottom of our dear hearts and a complete 360 degrees turn around from the statusquo but who will start it, who will lead it, who will sustain the tempo and who is ready for the positive result.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by yemivictor: 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2008
daby:

If there is anything like hope for Nigeria, The answer is sincere repentance from the bottom of our dear hearts and a complete 360 degrees turn around from the statusquo but who will start it, who will lead it, who will sustain the tempo and who is ready for the positive result.

Brilliant speech my friend, but i believe you meant a complete 180 degrees turn there, not so!? grin
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by bioye(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2008
lammie01:

@pepperspray

please this issue should not be reduced to a mere tribalistic issue.

Except we have a real true sincere revolution there would never be an end to these senseless stealing. If Bankole gets impeached today, the next speaker would do the same it is just a damn viscious cycle. God help us!!!!

Revolution All the way!!! These bastards should enjoy their loot in their graves or get their hands chopped off!!!

Yeah right, revolution.  Like the one in Congo? Sudan? Rwanda? Liberia? Sierra Leone?  When will we Africans get it into our heads that there's always a semblance of corruption in every democracy.  And that only creative compromises and tactics can gradually reduce it to the barest minimum.   Indeed, tell me one democracy that is perfect?  America? Come on!

[b]Politics is a dirty game with many dirty players.  [/b]Anyone thinking he can come 100% clean overnight is surely basking in the garden of folly.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by bioye(m): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2008
Sky Blue:

I agree with you on the last statement, but you do have to admit that this is not about what partains with state governments, ministers etc. The main issue is wether the fact that inspite of the cars costing so and so, there were questionable practises involved i.e. inflation of contracts, double VAT, paying for more expensive models while what was actually received was a cheaper version and hence wasn't what was paid for. In an essence, fiscal responsibility. It is afterall Nigerians that are paying for this lifestyle. It is not even about the obscene oppulence and spleandour that Nigerians pay the speakers and members for while the ordinary man suffers untold hardship, but wether even with all this oppulence there was fiscal irresponsibility, questionable practices and to coin a phrase "no due process" involved. [/b]The issue is corruption after all, isn't it? So should the eye be turned and all ignored because the spotlight is not on the state and federal ministries?

Rather than attempt to argue blindly against you, [b]I will have to agree with your point here.  Fiscal responsibility is non-negotiable
.  However, I have some confidence that the Speaker is clean on this issue.  But I cannot vouch for every member of the House Leadership.  Let's see how the inquest goes.  God help us all!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Eziachi: 8:25pm On Nov 03, 2008
What is it, with this Igbos- Bankonle and Ette and money/corruption?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2008
Eziachi:

What is it, with this Igbos- Bankonle and Ette and money/corruption?
Thunder fire you there.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2008
bioye:

smiley

I would appreciate if you don't twist my words. I did not say anything of the kind that you expressed! Why not dispute my statements first? It appears you have made up your mind already and any contrary views expressed to yours would be summarily attacked. Take it easy. Now to respond to your hasty conclusions, the House of Reps collectively agreed to the purchase of cars for the committees. It was not singlehandedly decided by Bankole. Bankole had no hand in the purchase of the cars itself - it was entirely executed by the National Assembly management. When the cars were purchased, Bankole was not in the country. When he returned he was seriously dissappointed with the way the Deputy Speaker Nafada handled the matter. The issue was on the pages on newspapers then.

On the new issue of tv sets and all, my question is this: Were these purchases part of the 2008 budget as approved by the Legislature and accented to by the Executive? If so, there are definitely [/b]similar items in other budgets asides that of the [b]House. The only reason light is being shone on these is because some great enemies of Bankole are bent on taking power away from him. I wont be surprised if some of them are active in this very thread.

Finally we have someone with correct gist. Leave Kobojunkie to continue with his tribal opata.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2008
daby:

@ Peperspray,

Its quite unfortunate that we tend to attribute every event in nigeria to tribalism.
Eventhough its no news the acts of IBB, Abubakar and their like, is that enough reason for the stealing to continue expecially by people like Bankole who every youth in nigeria looked up to as a new breed in the nigerian political scene.
by the way, why is OBJ's name missing in your list or is he rather a saint to you.

You know every one of us complains about all these leaders, the fact remains that from the way most of us sound, we are no different from these ones. Imagine your own ways peperspary.
i bet u wont be differnet from them if you ever have the oppurtunity of being ther ursef. hope ur not bankole's relative because to me you sound as if u have a percentage in the loot.

1) I've said it before, if you have any proof that Obj stole your money, bring it to our knowledge but IBB and his fellow Northern brothers stole Nigeria to rags.

2). I do not have to get share of Bankole's loot to defend the truth. Did I hear you say loot?. Which loot?. Loot is when you cart away lumps of money from the govt coffers like IBB, Abacha,Mustapha,Atiku,Abdulsalaami,Useni,Yaradua etc except Buhari that did not touch Nigeria's money because he was a born again muslim. Something is common with those names, do the math.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by lucabrasi(m): 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2008
@post
while i believe bankole is as bad as other politicians,i also think corruption should be roundly condemned whichever tribe is indulging in it,while we are all blaming bankole for buying cars n all that,we seem to be forgetting and conveniently too that he didnt do it on his own,i dont see anyone mentioning all the other honourables,house committee members and chairmen especially and other officers who are of diffrent tribes, ill rather not go into specific tribes so ill not be labelled a tribalist, but some people's shackles seem to rise whenever anyone criticises their tribe and can see their politicians do no wrong, they will close their eyes to the obvious fact that,bankole didnt do this on his own but in agreement with his cabinet made of up the 3 major tribes and are quick to label anyone and everyone tribalist if they even mention any of their politicians,
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2008
yemivictor:

All i'll say is, Bankole is lucky Gani Fawehinmi has this medical condition & he can't shout!

If not, he'd have had it hotter than this!!

Gani can still shout from his death bed. He is silent simply because Keyamo is making an empty fuss that has tribalism written all over it. I don't know why many Nigerians fail to see this. Keyamo should go back to preparing and swearing affidavits that he is used to and not ant corruption crusade.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by MrCrackles(m): 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2008
bloody thieving politicians

all of them would never know peace!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Finally we have someone with correct gist. Leave Kobojunkie to continue with his tribal opata.

Tribal kini?? What in the world are you referring to here?? Tribal Wetin?? Are you sure you do not have your scope twisted here?? I am sorry but do not confuse me with your kind!! JEEZZ!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by yemivictor: 7:49am On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Gani can still shout from his death bed. He is silent simply because Keyamo is making an empty fuss that has tribalism written all over it. I don't know why many Nigerians fail to see this. Keyamo should go back to preparing and swearing affidavits that he is used to and not ant corruption crusade.

You're just unbelievable, what of all the evidences that have been gathered against him!?

Or are the evidences tribalistic too!! grin
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 8:41am On Nov 04, 2008
yemivictor:

You're just unbelievable, what of all the evidences that have been gathered against him!?

Or are the evidences tribalistic too!! grin

Which evidence? undecided and yes, evidence can be tribalistic because it depends on the method they used to get them. An Hausa police can frame you up with murder while wielding crooked evidence gotten from crooked means.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by bioye(m): 11:39am On Nov 04, 2008
daby:

@ Peperspray,

Does being Bankole's relative disqualify anyone from making objective and productive contributions to the discussion?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by coolruler(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2008
Look people, like it or not, allegations have been made by Keyamo. He, as a trained lawyer should know the importance of getting facts right. He has presented his facts to the public without giving a damn whose ox is gored.

Bankole, rather than vehemently defending his integrity, is attributing the expose to his political enemies. That is lame!

Keyamo gave us facts. Hard cold facts.
Let Bankole and Co come out with their own facts to disprove Keyamo. Simple!

And if they have nothing to hide, they should sue the hell out of Keyamo. There's still something called libel and defamation of character in this Country abi!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by lucabrasi(m): 4:14pm On Nov 04, 2008
what other prove dyu want keyamo to give, he has presented the pan price lists on camera,and the necessary documents he has hinged his allegations upon, even if you though bankole was innocent,the subjective mannerthe ethics and priviledges committee members behaved towards keyamo has shown they r all in it togethr and how guilty bankole is, you r right so let s see him sue te guy if he is really above board,
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2008
coolruler:

Look people, like it or not, allegations have been made by Keyamo. He, as a trained lawyer should know the importance of getting facts right. He has presented his facts to the public without giving a damn whose ox is gored.

Bankole, rather than vehemently defending his integrity, is attributing the expose to his political enemies. That is lame!
Keyamo gave us facts. Hard cold facts.
Let Bankole and Co come out with their own facts to disprove Keyamo. Simple!

And if they have nothing to hide, they should sue the hell out of Keyamo. There's still something called libel and defamation of character in this Country abi!

Right on!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2008
bioye:

Does being Bankole's relative disqualify anyone from making objective and productive contributions to the discussion?
I wonder o.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by XKZ(m): 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2008
bioye:

PepERSprAY:

I wonder o.
No, but when a person's views sound so obviously biased you want to set the records straight.
Even as we argue that Bankole is innocent until proven guilty, why don't we also give Keyamo the benefit of doubt
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2008
XKZ:

.No, but when a person's views sound so obviously biased you want to set the records straight.
Even as we argue that Bankole is innocent until proven guilty, why don't we also give Keyamo the benefit of doubt

Or give Bankole the benefit of doubt. I think Keyamo is making frivolous claims to distract Bankole from doing his job as a civil servant and honorable speaker.

'Honorables' do not embezzle money. That's why the have 'honorable' attached to their names.
kiss
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by XKZ(m): 11:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Or give Bankole the benefit of doubt. I think Keyamo is making frivolous claims to distract Bankole from doing his job as a civil servant and honorable speaker.

'Honorables' do not embezzle money. That's why the have 'honorable' attached to their names.
kiss
shocked In Heaven? Even legislators from "the foremost democracies" have been indicted for corruption.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 12:15am On Nov 05, 2008
this is exactly what keyamo was paid to do. in the last couple of days after discussing with intelligent minds, i can now say that this keyamo thing is not about his trying to blackmail anybody. PLEASE, i beg you all in the name of God to suspend all former prejudices, and try to open your minds. nigerian politicians are corrupt, granted, but this issue is deeper than that.
according to house schedule, in the last week, issues that were supposed to come before the house included the power committee report, for which agagu (according to a national newspaper) was going to sue elumelu, and a probe on how funds that were given to the niger delta states were spent, to acertain why there is no developement there.
it seems too much of a coincidence that a corrupt lawyer just happened to come up with these grave accusations just in time to divert attention from these very key issues. so far the said "lawyer" has been going on a publicity ride, using the press to heat up the polity. of course the press is happy to be used because it is at times like these that even people that don't usually buy newspapers bring out their hard earned money to buy. if the nigerian government is serious about fighting corruption then the sss need to pick up keyamo in order to find out who has paid him to divert attention. if he is not arrested then i will know that somebody really high up is behind this.
before you all decend on me, since everybody here is  a thinking person who is capable of stepping out of hysteria and analysing information, let us use our God given brains and forget about what popular opinion is. am i the only one that has noticed that since this shameless self promoter started his accusations,( that, dare i add, i have still not seen what the main accused person personally gained, since it has not yet been acertained that due proccess was not followed or even the breakdown of and what the market prices of each item is.) the house has been unable to follow the proposed schedule. why was it this week, that serious political watchers were looking foward to, that this scandal broke. who can really be behind this plot. between the power probe result and the niger delta probe, i'm sure we'll find the brains behind this because i can assure you that all keyamo is concerned with is the money he has been paid and how he will milk the publicity from this for all its worth for himself but more importantly, for his puppet master.
p.s before posting, i noticed that someone asked why not give keyano the benefit of the doubt. my darling, because what is at stake is too serious. if you allow him continue to divert our focus, then we will be the same people who one year from now will accuse the house of reps of spending so much money on probe and yet no result.God forbide that it should happen but, let me asure you that if the speaker is removed, then all investigations as to how government is run and how resources are spent will be stopped. my dear, this thing we are discussing is to deep to allow nonentities come in and pull our emotional strings for their personal gain.
for now let me leave with this question, who gains from bankole's impeachment. who is his (God forbid) most likely successor. the integrity group has given us the best candidate, so lets not allow ourselves to be used by the pdp to install a puppet as speaker. like i said before, granted nigerian politicians are "all" corrupt but this issue is a lot deeper than what we are being led to believe.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 3:54am On Nov 05, 2008
good people of nairaland, please indulge me. i would as respectfully as possible like to comment on the commenteries. i think it cheapens the seriousness of the issue when people just make emotional statements. we are talking here about issues. statements that bankole is guilty simply based on the fact that he is a politician, in my very humble opinion, give the impression that the writer is just being emotional. please let us, as intelligent men and women give well thought through responses. it is this penchant for making such biased statements that makes me avoid political discuss. 
nozu said "this is what one gets in the remaining nigeria;lost souls, very confused set of people" in response to a previous comment i left. i'm assuming that he meant that as a diss. now young man, what are you basing that comment on. are you saying that my arguement was unintelligent or are you just dismissing it because it wasn't what you want to hear.
a lot of people have commented that keyamo's motives are not important. that is very naive. the man is making claims that are very serious. his claims will affect the direction nigeria will go and you think his intentions are not important, haba. saying that they bought televisions for 500k is not much information to go by if you do not tell me the brand and size of the t.v. i'm going to assume that there are people here who are aware that there are t.vs in shops in this country that go for even more. let's try not to let our emotions cloud our senses please. even peperspray, who i want to believe is just trying to defend someone he sees as being victimized, fell into the emotional trap. lets not turn this issue into 'market woman' gist.
for those of you claiming that keyamo gave cold hard facts. did he give facts or did he make allegations. there is a fundermental difference. allegations can be made by distorting facts. for example he claims that (according to punch, november 3) mercedes benz s.600 car (bullet proof) that (treated) cost them 52.8 million naira straight from manufactorer. the first question should be "how much is the going rate for that specification in the market right now. according to quotation submitted, between 82-105 million naira. i'm no math wiz, but 52.8 seems cheaper. or, are we REALLY saying that the fourth most powerful man in this country does not require the protection of a bullet proof car. is it his fault that such cars don't come cheap. keyamo claims that the cars supplied were inferior to those paid for. the said manufactorer says its because between payment and delivery, the price went up and since the house refused to pay the difference, they simply supplied what the money paid, could cover. like i said, facts or allegations. lets not forget that keyamo is a lawyer and thus, has the ability to distort facts.
like i said in my last post, lets not allow the p.d.p manipulate us in order to remove someone who they see as independent minded in order to replace him with a puppet. country people, i don talk my own.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 11:40am On Nov 05, 2008
ajiri avae:

good people of nairaland, please indulge me. i would as respectfully as possible like to comment on the commenteries. i think it cheapens the seriousness of the issue when people just make emotional statements. we are talking here about issues. statements that bankole is guilty simply based on the fact that he is a politician, in my very humble opinion, give the impression that the writer is just being emotional. please let us, as intelligent men and women give well thought through responses. it is this penchant for making such biased statements that makes me avoid political discuss. 
nozu said "this is what one gets in the remaining nigeria;lost souls, very confused set of people" in response to a previous comment i left. i'm assuming that he meant that as a diss. now young man, what are you basing that comment on. are you saying that my arguement was unintelligent or are you just dismissing it because it wasn't what you want to hear.
a lot of people have commented that keyamo's motives are not important. that is very naive. the man is making claims that are very serious. his claims will affect the direction nigeria will go and you think his intentions are not important, haba. saying that they bought televisions for 500k is not much information to go by if you do not tell me the brand and size of the t.v. i'm going to assume that there are people here who are aware that there are t.vs in shops in this country that go for even more. let's try not to let our emotions cloud our senses please. even peperspray, who i want to believe is just trying to defend someone he sees as being victimized, fell into the emotional trap. lets not turn this issue into 'market woman' gist.
for those of you claiming that keyamo gave cold hard facts. did he give facts or did he make allegations. there is a fundermental difference. allegations can be made by distorting facts. for example he claims that (according to punch, november 3) mercedes benz s.600 car (bullet proof) that (treated) cost them 52.8 million naira straight from manufactorer. the first question should be "how much is the going rate for that specification in the market right now. according to quotation submitted, between 82-105 million naira. i'm no math wiz, but 52.8 seems cheaper. or, are we REALLY saying that the fourth most powerful man in this country does not require the protection of a bullet proof car. is it his fault that such cars don't come cheap. keyamo claims that the cars supplied were inferior to those paid for. the said manufactorer says its because between payment and delivery, the price went up and since the house refused to pay the difference, they simply supplied what the money paid, could cover. like i said, facts or allegations. lets not forget that keyamo is a lawyer and thus, has the ability to distort facts.
like i said in my last post, lets not allow the p.d.p manipulate us in order to remove someone who they see as independent minded in order to replace him with a puppet. country people, i don talk my own.

If i may be so bold please permit me to adress you freely. You claim that the timing of these allegations are to serve as a means of distracting people's attention from some important bills or schedules in the house. From looking at the history of things even in a very short while, hinging this alleged "diversion" as irresponsible because you feel it is getting in the way of serious business is to me laughable. You really think the members of the house care what dirty laundry is aired in public when they have no regards for the populace given that they pick themselves and not the people? What became of Etteh gate and the investigations? Was there some serious diversion that stopped that from being a total farce of an investigation that resulted in no one in jail? What about the FOI bill that kept on being shot down? Did the house require a "diversion" to show their blatant disregard for the feelings of the people? What about the whole power probe fiasco? What has become of it? What about electoral reforms? Have the so called "powers that be" ever gotten scared of a backlash from Nigerians that want to choose their own leaders?  How many committees are presently in the house and what have they achieved? And now, all of a sudden the house gives a damn about the feelings of the people as to divert their attention from a so called "important" bill or delegation as a means of sweeping it under the carpet? Are we not talking of Nigeria here?

Everyone knows the election was a fraud, what did people do about it when the courts said it wasn't and was all fine and nice? Was there any need to create a "diversion" in order to deliver such blatant injustice in public? The elections of the president of a whole country, evidence upon evidence was delivered and it was all swept under the carpet with the most flimsy of reasons given, while one of the judges was missing during the verdict and of course the appointment of one of the judges to higher position not too long before the verdict was given, ALL IN THE PUBLIC EYE, and it is now that shame will be felt by public office holders? Very amusing indeed.

Do you really think the reps will be scared to do what they want when they are well aware of the famous non chalant and dare i say cowardly behaviour of Nigerians who can take anything without complaining or demanding better while showcasing a classic behaviour of all noise and no action? Crimes upon crimes have been committed everyday in public and worse has been inflicted on the Nigerian populace and nothing has made them take to the streets, and it is what would have happened in the coming weeks that would have changed things? When will the psyche all change and when will people get mad at the real source of the crimes? At current do you really believe that if the presido peed on the Nigerian public they will do anything? Isn't Iyabo still a senator? Isn't Etteh still a member of the house of reps? LOL.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by lucabrasi(m): 12:38pm On Nov 05, 2008
while a man of bankole's age has just made history after a very hard fight as the frst black president of the united states of america,remember that they both went to ivy league schools abroad in fact they both went to havard and possibly studied at same time,the fact that bankole's intergrity has to be defended at all is a huge failure on his part because he has no excuse, remember unlike obama he had rich parents who sent him to all the best schools britain and the united states had to offer,yet while a man of his age and educational background is making history,bankole is making his own chequered history as the youngest speaker to be emmershed in corruption scandal, the fact that he has to be defended at all is a massive shame for him
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by bioye(m): 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

while a man of bankole's age has just made history after a very hard fight as the frst black president of the united states of america,remember that they both went to ivy league schools abroad in fact they both went to havard and possibly studied at same time,the fact that bankole's intergrity has to be defended at all is a huge failure on his part because he has no excuse, remember unlike obama he had rich parents who sent him to all the best schools britain and the united states had to offer,yet while a man of his age and educational background is making history,bankole is making his own chequered history as the youngest speaker to be emmershed in corruption scandal, the fact that he has to be defended at all is a massive shame for him

I[b] feel very bad when people like you come here and attempt to feed others with misinformation[/b]. Bankole and Obama are not the same age. Bankole is 38 years old while Obama is 47. There is a 9 year difference! And Bankole has not been singularly accused on anything. The allegations are targeted at the House of Representatives as a whole. As far as I can see, it is not surprising that out of a group of 360 people along with their staff and the National Assembly management office of civil servants, allegations are coming up. Wait for Bankole to be singularly accused or convicted first before you blow your trumpets. Unfortunately for you, I doubt if your hope of seeing his downfall will ever see the light of day.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by lucabrasi(m): 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2008
wow dude,you need to seriously slow your rw, first of all bankole and obama are in the same age group and you can slice and dice it all you want but the fact still remains that bankole has failed the younger generation looking up to him for a change of direction and a different way of practicing politics in nigeria, its a clear cut case as far as i am concerned i and im sure millions of ppl saw the keyamo interview on ait where the guy displayed his evidence for the cameras to see,secondly the ethics commitee's actions showed that they r prejudiced already and will never be partisan especially wih the words coming out of their mouth,the fact that the buck stops at bankole's table and also that having travelled far and wide and seen a different way of doing things having a luxury car in lagos where he rarely stays,another one in ogun sate he doesnt even reside in plus his numerous cars in abuja smacks of crass insensitivity, in a country where the youths have no future,and the whole country has been continually raped by corrupt politicians

has bankole done nything at all diffrnt to the old brigade?where has he changed the way or manner of doing things, you r saying to wait till bankole is convicted,in a country where the judiciary,executive and legislature have been compromised who exactly is going to do the convicting ??
if pockets of nigerians however few still have same mind set as you do,then im afraid our own obama wont come in 1000 years and even if he/she does come it wont be acknowledge,as for me not seeing the light of day,if bankole has been above board and not stolen any money or if he has been sensitive to the plight of nigerians n his spending e.t.c then i say amen to your prayer grin
but if he has been corrupt and insensitive to the plight of nigerians would you be the one or bankole himself that ll volunteer not to see the light of day,
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by yewaman: 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2008
this is still an allegation. in anycase how did Keyamo himself come about the documents?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Not Helping The Poor — World Bank / South East May Actually Been Marginalized; See Raesons / Jesus Was A Womanizer - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.