Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? (3281 Views)

Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" / VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner / What Causes Trac Off Light To Come On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Denn(m): 11:58am On Aug 31, 2014
Hello NLers,

I have been contemplating a ford explorer sports trac to use for my farm trucking needs.

been through a lot of reviews and almost concluding the purchase of one...(possibly this week)

anyone here using the truck? what are the comments as relates to Nigeria?

please comments needed.

thanks
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Denn(m): 11:59am On Aug 31, 2014
pictures

Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
I might be wrong but it seems one of inossons models is a clone of this vehicle.

Fords are nice rugged vehicles, depnding on where you intend to use it parts can be a bit pricy and unavailable. Up north parts are very scarce, in the south they are very available.

Personally I would rather buy a toyota hillux or tundra.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Denn(m): 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ: I might be wrong but it seems one of inossons models is a clone of this vehicle.

Fords are nice rugged vehicles, depnding on where you intend to use it parts can be a bit pricy and unavailable. Up north parts are very scarce, in the south they are very available.

Personally I would rather buy a toyota hillux or tundra.

thanks.

i think hilux and tundra is always overpriced due to the 'toyota-ism' of the average Nigerian grin

i intend to use in lagos and i have heard parts are available in ladipo and ojuelegba... i also intend to bring in some parts directly from amazon.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Denn(m): 8:55am On Sep 01, 2014
no comments?
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by xerotop(m): 4:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Denn: no comments?

The ford explorer sports trac is a lovely truck if u can take care of it.
Parts might not be readily available except u live in lagos.
But the world is a global village, u can get parts shipped in from the US. A few guyz here can help u procure any parts u want.
Sienna, cityng and a lady here also with username justi4jesu.
Dont expect same price range as a honda civic and toyota camry pencil light. That also goes for fuel consumption as its most likely going to be a 4.0L.
Reviews shows that 2002,2003 & 2004 are problematic. So u might want to go for a higher model.
Also since u want to use for farm purposes, get a 4x4 and not rear wheel drive.
I dont own a sports trac but i own a 5.4L triton SOHC 2005 ford F150 with upgraded exhaust.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
@xerotop it would be so nice to see a pics of your rig.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
Well am also contemplating a 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer for my Social Website runs. I had to kick off the 2008 Highlander Sports.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by xerotop(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
cne010: @xerotop it would be so nice to see a pics of your rig.

Sent a few to siena on whatsapp. Can do same on whats app and bbm if u dont mind?. But on a public forum. Am sorry Dnt think so.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
xerotop:

Sent a few to siena on whatsapp. Can do same on whats app and bbm if u dont mind?. But on a public forum. Am sorry Dnt think so.

I don't mind here is my pin ......
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Denn(m): 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
xerotop:

The ford explorer sports trac is a lovely truck if u can take care of it.
Parts might not be readily available except u live in lagos.
But the world is a global village, u can get parts shipped in from the US. A few guyz here can help u procure any parts u want.
Sienna, cityng and a lady here also with username justi4jesu.
Dont expect same price range as a honda civic and toyota camry pencil light. That also goes for fuel consumption as its most likely going to be a 4.0L.
Reviews shows that 2002,2003 & 2004 are problematic. So u might want to go for a higher model.
Also since u want to use for farm purposes, get a 4x4 and not rear wheel drive.
I dont own a sports trac but i own a 5.4L triton SOHC 2005 ford F150 with upgraded exhaust.

Thanks for the comments.

Your upgraded exhaust ; are you using a straight pipe and the cats gutted? Magna flow?

I intend on adding rancho shocks with adjustable settings, crank up the torsion a bit and add shackles and a leaf.

I also intend to add led overboard lights as I might be on the farm late into the evenings.

I intend to add a higher capacity transmission cooler since the truck would be moving heavy stuffs regularly over rough terrain.

I have a lot of plans for the truck... Luckily, I have a friend who owns a garage and I won't mind doing a lot on it personally...

I had thoughts of the f150 Ranch before but the v8 could be too much for wifey... She currently slugs a 1.4l kia Rio.

Most of my plans might change though...
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by xerotop(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bossforeva: Well am also contemplating a 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer for my Social Website runs. I had to kick off the 2008 Highlander Sports.

Trucks are so cool. Plus it will do all ur highlander can do and far more.
U can go anywhere wit it. Name it? Social gathering and more rugged places. Places u will be afraid to take ur highlander cos u feel its fragile.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by xerotop(m): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Denn:
Thanks for the comments.
Your upgraded exhaust ; are you using a straight pipe and the cats gutted? Magna flow?
I intend on adding rancho shocks with adjustable settings, crank up the torsion a bit and add shackles and a leaf.
I also intend to add led overboard lights as I might be on the farm late into the evenings.
I intend to add a higher capacity transmission cooler since the truck would be moving heavy stuffs regularly over rough terrain.
I have a lot of plans for the truck... Luckily, I have a friend who owns a garage and I won't mind doing a lot on it personally...
I had thoughts of the f150 Ranch before but the v8 could be too much for wifey... She currently slugs a 1.4l kia Rio.
Most of my plans might change though...
D mods was done b4 i got it frm the us.
Its raised and higher than every other f150 av seen around.
As regards ur wifey driving, my wife does.
And ladies who drive trucks looks very cool. And intimidate men on the road.
Cos u wld be wondering, who is dis woman driving a fearsome mighty truck. So u give them chance to pass.lolzzz
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Denn(m): 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
xerotop:
D mods was done b4 i got it frm the us.
Its raised and higher than every other f150 av seen around.
As regards ur wifey driving, my wife does.
And ladies who drive trucks looks very cool. And intimidate men on the road.
Cos u wld be wondering, who is dis woman driving a fearsome mighty truck. So u give them chance to pass.lolzzz

I will be opening a thread on my modding once I get the truck.

I would love contributions.

We seem not to demand trucks that much in Nigeria... Real truck and not those gayish hilux companies buy.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Nobody: 2:01am On Sep 02, 2014
One word "Tacoma". Pay now or pay later.

FORD = Found Off Road Dead and Fix Or Repair Daily.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Denn(m): 5:33am On Sep 02, 2014
CityNG: One word "Tacoma". Pay now or pay later.

Bro Somorin /CityNG

Na wa o. Lol.

I respect your inputs on cars and would like you to please explain further on your comments.

@siena, ikenna, sultaan and others, please your thoughts are welcome.

Thanks.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 02, 2014
Denn:

Bro Somorin /CityNG

Na wa o. Lol.

I respect your inputs on cars and would like you to please explain further on your comments.

@siena, ikenna, sultaan and others, please your thoughts are welcome.

Thanks.

So take my opinion with a grain of salt, it's your money and you can buy whatever tickles your fancy. God knows I've made purchases that I myself have doubted sometimes grin

I owned a 2000 Expedition, excellent rig, very luxurious was the Eddie Bauer edition, sunroof, entertainment center, the whole works. Never gave me any trouble, use fit to tow in all sorts of weather, 120 degrees though death valley to texas and in freezing weather (had my first ice spin out in Old Bessie The Expedy on I635 in Dallas - I will never forget).

To cut the story short, I never had a single issue (not even one single CEL) but I was on forums with guys who were chasing gremlins, switch not working, rear end blowing out, rear ac not working or working sporadically, sunroof stuck, won't come out of overdrive, brake shimmers, etc I did run back to the dealer to purchase an extended warranty though wink

So I kept wondering who can one manufacturer make the same truck and I and many others were just going fine and many others were just having issues? So what I decided was that QA wasn't down properly on the assembly line.

Will it affect your Explorer? I have no clue.

But if I'm going to be a farmer, I don't want to become a mechanic, so I want a vehicle that is always ready to go.

Tacomas (or the slightly older ones), especially the 4WD that you need, are pretty rock solid. You don't need to get one fully optioned, just a basic one with 4WD.

But then you can get the Explorer and it will be the nicest truck you've ever had with zero problems I just can't take that chance.

Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by DECOtech(m): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2014
xerotop:

I wld also like to see the pic if you don't mind - 33137FDF
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Denn(m): 10:11am On Sep 02, 2014
^^^^^
nice looking truck.

thanks for your inputs.

tacomas are relatively expensive and not to comfortable for crew movements (small back seats).

your history with old bessie inspires.

i plan on upgrading to a supercrew cab (maybe tundra or F150) within the next couple of years but at the moment, my budget is highly restrained.

i really appreciate your inputs....sincerely
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 02, 2014
CityNG: One word "Tacoma". Pay now or pay later.

you getting me scared bro.
Am thinking of getting this for my Social Website runs
https://www.nairaland.com/1845038/2007-ford-explorer-sale-supper#25954787
pls remember the wheels.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by jodeci01: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
@Xerotop, I tried sending you an email on here, not too sure how its works as I got no reply. I have a question to ask regarding one of your comments on the MB thread in CAR TALK section. Would appreciate it if you could drop your email, could also drop mind if you feel uncomfortable. Apologies for the intrusion.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by sultaan(m): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sport track is not bad it is considered a light duty, but the advantage it the second row is good for passenger just like SUV but with open bed.

We talked about this a while back I found the thread then recalled I have not seen babasin here in a long time.

https://www.nairaland.com/34773/best-suv-nigeria/1

The F150 is still the best bet here and I make my choices on the probability of armed robbers taking the keys while I look down the barrel of a gun so I stay away from toyota and honda If I can save 100k naira by using sport trac over suv I may buy one a V6 f150 might do the trick
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by xerotop(m): 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2014
jodeci01: @Xerotop, I tried sending you an email on here, not too sure how its works as I got no reply. I have a question to ask regarding one of your comments on the MB thread in CAR TALK section. Would appreciate it if you could drop your email, could also drop mind if you feel uncomfortable. Apologies for the intrusion.

So sorry for the belated response. Been away frm network availability. Kindly drop ur bb pin so we can chat.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Denn(m): 10:25am On Sep 07, 2014
sultaan: Sport track is not bad it is considered a light duty, but the advantage it the second row is good for passenger just like SUV but with open bed.

We talked about this a while back I found the thread then recalled I have not seen babasin here in a long time.

https://www.nairaland.com/34773/best-suv-nigeria/1

The F150 is still the best bet here and I make my choices on the probability of armed robbers taking the keys while I look down the barrel of a gun so I stay away from toyota and honda If I can save 100k naira by using sport trac over suv I may buy one a V6 f150 might do the trick

Thanks
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 07, 2014
But then FORD also equals First On Race Day.
Re: Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? by jodeci01: 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
xerotop:

So sorry for the belated response. Been away frm network availability. Kindly drop ur bb pin so we can chat.
Apologies, other than Nairaland must say am not much embedded in the dynamics of social media hence no pin. However my email is Jojibade01@yahoo.com. Do shoot me an email with Xerotop as subject. Sorry for the inconvenieces

(1) (Reply)

Car Swap / Trade In Deals Now Available / CARSBAZR Purchase. / Photo: Kia Vs Volkswagen Vs Mini Cooper Vs Hyundai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.